Sunday Times - Is Romanov preparing to walk out on broken Hearts?

jambovambo

I firmly believe if anything concrete does not happen with the stand/redevelopment by the end of this year then YES I do see VR selling up and Tynecastle being sold to developers if someone doesn't come in with a decent offer.

If VR was to sell I do not doubt there will a shortage of suitors - VR had done a few things for the good of the club (community, SC cup, keeping us at Tynie etc..) and many bad things but he has raised the profile of the club 10 fold (see the new G14) and has shown the fooball world how big Hearts can go.

tolcross lad

Does anyone know what the size of the debt will be for the year to July 08?As I recall it was Around ?37m in July 07.I am guessing that it has been reduced. Running cost losses year to July 08 - ?4m?

Then there was ?9m for Gordon and ?2.5 m for Bednar.This would mean debt of ?29.5 m.

Romanov is obviously trying to bring down the wage bill for next year

His main asset apart from the stadium is the players.Arguably the players he could sell in the next financial year.-- Berra - ?2m

Goncalves ?1m

Kingston ?3m

Wallace ?1m

Driver ?1m

Jonsson ?2m

There is a good possibility that another gem could arrive from the academy.

The debt could be at least back to where it started under Romanov by July 09?

I am not a balance sheet sort and would welcome comment.

zicoinexile

Can I suggest that anyone paying the slightest attention to that prat in the Sunday Times ignores him in future, given today's announcement. Writing off ?12 M hardly suggests a loss of interest, perhaps the opposite.

This guy is in Davros Murray's pocket - just like 90% of his monkey colleagues....

rant over

Everybody loves Baz

Nope,

DH must be gutted at todays announcement. :sad:

Time to nearly put the pitchforks away me thinks.:)

Independence
...and many have...several times a day, on JKB for the last Lord-knows-how-many months :mad:

Yep.

Nope....you must be gutted?

Given that no-one of sound mind would have taken on the debt as it currently stands (they would have wanted a vast amount wiped out if they were to buy the business as a going concern); today's announcement when enacted will make it slightly easier for the Romanovs/UBIG to get out of Hearts.

If they want to.

Given that no-one of sound mind would have taken on the debt as it currently stands (they would have wanted a vast amount wiped out if they were to buy the business as a going concern); today's announcement when enacted will make it slightly easier for the Romanovs/UBIG to get out of Hearts.

If they want to.

Exactly - a club with ?24m debt is far more "sellable" than a club with ?36m of debt....

I firmly believe if anything concrete does not happen with the stand/redevelopment by the end of this year then YES I do see VR selling up and Tynecastle being sold to developers if someone doesn't come in with a decent offer.

If VR was to sell I do not doubt there will a shortage of suitors - VR had done a few things for the good of the club (community, SC cup, keeping us at Tynie etc..) and many bad things but he has raised the profile of the club 10 fold (see the new G14) and has shown the fooball world how big Hearts can go.

I thought the inclusion in G14 had nothing to do with Romanov's involvement with the club and everything to do with the UEFA Cup results we achieved under Craig Levein and the resultant boost to our co-efficient.

Archived