• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• ri Alban

• John Findlay

• been here before

2 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

That's a shame. Was always headed that way due to his lifestyle. A character and the best player ever.

Aye Daily mail, says it was a heart attack, RIP.

The greatest talent to ever grace a football pitch. No contest. RIP Diego Armando Maradona. 

Edited by ri Alban

Салатные палочки

RIP one of the greatest.  

No one can say he didn't live life to the full.  

• davemclaren changed the title to Maradona dead
3 minutes ago, micole said:

Had the pleasure of watching him tear us a new arsehole at Hampden , wonderful player RIP.

Saw him at hampden when he was just 17 I think and he was absolutely fantastic

August Landmesser

Greatest player who ever played the game, an absolute artist, and a lunatic too. Magnificent, troubled man.

R.I.P.

Shanks said no

RIP Diego 

Saw him at Hampden in June 79, probably the greatest player I ever saw. 

Should have played at Tynecastle if JC  had scored 

luckyBatistuta

Gutted, The GOAT. An absolute genius on a football pitch. His funeral will be right up there with what we witnessed in Brazil for Ayrton Senna...another GOAT.

RIP😞😭

been here before

Great player probably the best ever but no huge surprise given his evident character flaws. 

The documentary Maradona really was a great programme.

Edited by been here before

Glad to say I was there and the football hype was for once justified.....

With the body of a bull and the balance of a ballet dancer, Diego Maradona glides through the Scotland team at Hampden Park in 1979 to give Britain its first glimpse of a talent that would simultaneously seduce and outrage the world.

Maradona was just 16 when he was first capped by Argentina, an indication of the sometimes miraculous abilities that lay within. By June 1979, when he appeared in Glasgow, he was 18.

It was an unforgettable occasion for all involved. Not only did 62,000 Scottish fans get to see a global superstar in the making, Maradona also scored his first international goal. It made it 3-0, after Leopoldo Luque had scored the first two. Arthur Graham got a late goal for Scotland. The final score was 3-1.

Bloody hell but the rodents are appearing on social media already. People willing to celebrate someone’s death because of a handball decades ago. 
A great player and a hugely flawed human. 

Maradona made football look easy at a time when it was a lot more difficult for a player of his ability than it is now. RIP. Unfortunately, it was inevitable the way he chose to live his life.

Yes - was at Hampden as well in 1979. He looked a player even in those early days. But then, most of the Argentina team did in those days....

been here before

Great player probably the best ever but no huge surprise given his evident character flaws. 

And of course played at Hampden in 1979 when a record crowd of 567 753 all claim to have neen there and saw him.

Edited by been here before

William H. Bonney
4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Did well to get to 60, tbqh.

did well to get to 40. 

Still, the greatest player to ever grace the game. 

Very sad news. As I was growing up in the 80s he was considered the best player in the world by a mile. Although Napoli is not my team, I know that city very well and it will be in mourning tonight - he really was considered like a God there. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Diego Maradona R.I.P.
luckyBatistuta
20 minutes ago, been here before said:

Great player probably the best ever but no huge surprise given his evident character flaws. 

A great watch, his book is a fantastic read too. A troubled character throughout his life, but what a footballer. Privileged to be in the generation who was able to witness him on the live stage.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Diego Maradona R.I.P. (merged threads)