Diego Maradona R.I.P. (merged threads)

King prawn

5 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Ok, ok...  we get it, right?

Give the Scotland v England stuff a miss for Christ’s sake, will you?

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• ri Alban

• John Findlay

• been here before

3 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Ok, ok...  we get it, right?

Give the Scotland v England stuff a miss for Christ’s sake, will you?

That's Argentina v England 🤷🏻‍♂️

been here before
12 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Churchill, Henry VIII, Wullie S, Beatles and Betty. Whose that supposed to be in the foreground?

11 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Usual stuff from Peter Shilton :lol: 

Speaking of Gazza, here's him telling that sour-faced wank that goal "made him", on national TV

Diego had his say on Shilton...

EntdvHYXMAM5AQf-1-1024x544.thumb.jpeg.247d61589a61fe973b1239dbc6fa9899.jpeg

3 minutes ago, been here before said:

Churchill, Henry VIII, Wullie S, Beatles and Betty. Whose that supposed to be in the foreground?

Carlos Bilardo I think

carlos-bilardo-tecnico-da-selecao-da-argentina-na-copa-do-mundo-de-1990-1593282743786_v2_1287x1920.thumb.jpg.ad5ccaf2bc7a28e146ff165dd8871e2b.jpg

4 minutes ago, Smack said:

That's Argentina v England 🤷🏻‍♂️

Thank you.  👍

I know exactly who the game was between.  I was referring to people who cannot give up on slagging off results involving the English football team.  

Like Scotland are world beaters.  :vrface:

2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Thank you.  👍

I know exactly who the game was between.  I was referring to people who cannot give up on slagging off results involving the English football team.  

We were in 1967🤣

4 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

We were in 1967🤣

Sorry John, we beat the current World Champions 3-2 in a one off game.

That’s all.

No Jules Rimet trophy for that one.

19 minutes ago, been here before said:

Bowie ? 

14 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Thank you.  👍

Get over yourself and your facepalm patter. . I posted a cartoon by a Guardian cartoonist. 

That's all. 

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Cheers. 

Nano’s got a pal!  :yas: 

Leave out the Scotland v England faux thing, yeah?

A man has died, do you not care?

I was thinking about it earlier. Napoli were the perfect team for him, the whole atmosphere with mental fans gave him the setting he craved and fed off. Sadly Naples was also the worst possible city for him to be in.  A total catch 22 that he fed of Naples and it fed off him in the worst way. He needed the craziness that he could only get in somewhere like Naples or Marseille, rough passionate cities that have a dark underbelly. 

Get over yourself and your facepalm patter. . I posted a cartoon by a Guardian cartoonist. 

That's all. 

You get over yourself!

There’s a good chap.

Just now, Morgan said:

Grow up man. You totally misread my post because of your own perceptions/bias and then , as is usual with you, you start the personal attacks.

Give it a rest. 

Just now, Morgan said:

You get over yourself!

There’s a good chap.

Do one  - you're a patronising arsehole who's totally misread a nothing post , attacked me and then as usual carries on as if you're  the wounded party. Seriously, grow up. 

Grow up man. You totally misread my post because of your own perceptions/bias and then , as is usual with you, you start the personal attacks.

Give it a rest. 

I don’t have a bias towards England, if that’s what you're aiming at?

I don’t ‘as usual’ start personal attacks.

Got that?

Give your aggressive and argumentative posts a wee miss, will you?  

2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Do one  - you're a patronising arsehole who's totally misread a nothing post , attacked me and then as usual carries on as if you're  the wounded party. Seriously, grow up. 

Get lost.

Don't call me names, it’s naughty.

Seriously, grow up.

Sticks and stones, Nano.  🤷🏿‍♂️

17 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Usual stuff from Peter Shilton :lol: 

Speaking of Gazza, here's him telling that sour-faced wank that goal "made him", on national TV

Not Gazza's biggest fan, but he sounded really good and hopefully he can live a good life now. 

Shilton was a hero of mine growing up(I was a goalie) but every time he talks about DM he let's me down. Bitter as Feck.

Please Peter, the man has died, get over it, FFS 

William H. Bonney
7 hours ago, been here before said:

David Bowie? 

7 hours ago, Morgan said:

Sorry John, we beat the current World Champions 3-2 in a one off game.

That’s all.

No Jules Rimet trophy for that one.

Still the most successful unofficial world champions in history. Scotland are the PDC to their BDO. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unofficial_Football_World_Championships#:~:text=The Unofficial Football World Championships,journalist Paul Brown in 2003.

:leveinproblem:

Edited by ri Alban

On 26/11/2020 at 09:54, Hearts1975 said:

They keep going on about the “hand of god” and to dampen their memories of him in 86, waltzing through their whole team, and scoring that other amazing goal. You can’t erase history. What a player.

RIP Diego. One of the greatest players to ever have lived. 

Not really meaning to pick on your post but the 'hand of God' goal was his second one. He said the first one was the hand of Maradona; the second was the hand of God. 

17 hours ago, Morgan said:

You are the pathetic one trying to bring up anti-English stuff into a thread about one of the greatest ever players dying. Maybe take a step back from this thread

16 minutes ago, XB52 said:

You are the pathetic one trying to bring up anti-English stuff into a thread about one of the greatest ever players dying. Maybe take a step back from this thread

I can assure you, XB52, the very last thing I would do is bring up anti-English stuff, especially on this sad thread.

I, it would appear mistakenly, thought that Nano was trying to do that very thing.  

Having once again looked at his OP, I can now see that he was merely posting a cartoon from a newspaper.  

There is so so much anti-English stuff sometimes on here that I put 2 and 2 together and unfortunately got 5 as my answer.

Sorry @NANOJAMBO, my mistake on this one.

been here before
1 hour ago, XB52 said:

Not really meaning to pick on your post but the 'hand of God' goal was his second one. He said the first one was the hand of Maradona; the second was the hand of God. 

Not really meaning to pick on uour post but The Hand of God was the first goal.

From his autobiography...

"Now I can say what I couldn't at that moment, what I defined at that time as The Hand of God. What a hand of God, it was the hand of Diego!"

Or a couple more...

"The goal was scored a little bit by the hand of God, another bit by the head of Maradona."

"Even if there was a hand, it was the hand of God."

And here he is discussing it...

You must be the only person on the planet who thinks his 2nd goal was the Hand of God one.

54 minutes ago, Whatever said:

No need, it’s plainly obvious when you’re bevvied.

It can’t be that obvious, I’ve not had a drink for over a week.

Keep going with your thoughts though. 👍

Was just watching a clip of the hand of God goal again today and it's interesting that Barry Davis is initially speculating about offside. It's only after a few replays that he realises the England players are claiming for handball! Clearly it wasn't just the referee who missed it.

15 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Not Gazza's biggest fan, but he sounded really good and hopefully he can live a good life now. 

Shilton was a hero of mine growing up(I was a goalie) but every time he talks about DM he let's me down. Bitter as Feck.

Please Peter, the man has died, get over it, FFS 

IMG_20201127_180942.jpg

11 minutes ago, Morgan said:

It can’t be that obvious, I’ve not had a drink for over a week.

Keep going with your thoughts though. 👍

tenor.gif

Enjoy your weekend.

Francis Albert

Enjoyed the recent documentary

One of the greatest ever in the game. As so often greatness comes with great flaws. In fact it rarely doesn't.

3 hours ago, been here before said:

Not really meaning to pick on uour post but The Hand of God was the first goal.

From his autobiography...

"Now I can say what I couldn't at that moment, what I defined at that time as The Hand of God. What a hand of God, it was the hand of Diego!"

Or a couple more...

"The goal was scored a little bit by the hand of God, another bit by the head of Maradona."

"Even if there was a hand, it was the hand of God."

And here he is discussing it...

You must be the only person on the planet who thinks his 2nd goal was the Hand of God one.

I was positive I read a quote from him saying what I posted but I can't argue with the man himself. Must have dreamt it 

Just watched the documentary about him. Really opened my eyes, no wonder the guy turned to drugs, never got a moments peace. People and camaras constantly in his face every day. On the pitch it was ridiculous what he could do.

17 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Like that, a very good slapdown to an over rated keeper. 

He wasnt an overrated keeper, he was an excellent goalkeeper and played more than his part for Nottingham Forest and then Southampton. His comments towards Diego Maradona are bitter but he is entitled to make them.

Some sick **** took a selfie with Maradona in his open coffin and and shared it online and is now apparently fearing for his life. 

WTF goes through peoples head that they actually do these sort of things. 

26 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Some sick **** took a selfie with Maradona in his open coffin and and shared it online and is now apparently fearing for his life. 

Apparently boca ultras have dealt with it, 2 of them dead and one in intensive care. 

been here before
56 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Saw the ucensored pics earlier. One of the boys got his hand on Maradonas head giving it the bug thumbs up.

Ye have to wonder.