Jump to content

***Official Dunfermline Athletic v Heart of Midlothian match thread ***


BelgeJambo

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Hearts007 said:

yes really .. the attempt of a ball he put into the keepers arms when we had 4 in the box

That's your biggest drama from that game. Wow

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Smith's right boot

    79

  • Pasquale for King

    60

  • Greedy Jambo

    42

  • Thomaso

    39

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:


There was loads of urgency when we were 2-0 down. Why is the no urgency when it’s 0-0?

 

That’s what ****s me off. 

Not from that stupid lazy ***** there wasn’t, there never is. Only really saw Naismith show urgency. Agreed it shouldn’t need to come when two down. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
19 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Maybe a wake up to all the “we’ll win this league at a canter” brigade tonight.

Apart from the Dundee game we having been absolutely dreadful so far this season and have been lucky to grind out results. 
Tonight has been coming and doesn’t surprise me in the slightest. Hopefully a big wake up call to Robbie and all the players. Big response to this needed on Tuesday night.!

 

 

We'll still win the league at a canter. 

 

10 points min, probably nearer 20.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

 

We'll still win the league at a canter. 

 

10 points min, probably nearer 20.

We were also too good to get relegated last season. 

 

We'll win the league but not based on our last few performances, We need huge improvement

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, graygo said:

 

Because urgency = panic = your game plan isn't going to work.

 

It's not rocket science, at 1-0 we still thought our game plan would see us win, at 2-0 it's bloody obvious that it's not.

Why do all our game plans seem to involve allowing the opposition team to get all their defenders back in position before we are ready to attack them? We are playing in a league that is a level below us yet still look like we can not move the ball about fast enough, can’t beat any opposition players for pace and have players that can’t make the right decisions while under pressure in the final third. It’s very frustrating. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
2 minutes ago, Jap Jambo said:

 

em, that would have been me, a fact of which I have no knowledge, as I state. apologies if I came across as a smart arse but you've rubbished my view several times throughout the thread... I respectfully reject your opinion, I take Irving ahead of Halliday. We shall just have to agree to disagree.

 

It's not about Irving ahead of Halliday in terms of ability, that wasn't what the poster was alluding too. 

 

It's about a poster using Irving as an example of a good attitude  when criticising another and stating he's " someone that wants to be here". 

 

Not renewing his contact and being able to sign a pre contract in 2 months would indicate the exact opposite. 

That was my point, that has now been lost and Tbh I don't really care if folk feel the same way. 

Time will tell. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
BarneyBattles
7 minutes ago, graygo said:

 

Because urgency = panic = your game plan isn't going to work.

 

It's not rocket science, at 1-0 we still thought our game plan would see us win, at 2-0 it's bloody obvious that it's not.

 

Sorry but that's utter shite! Rangers and Celtic are at every team from the first minute until the last, they never give up, they never stop. That's why they win most games.

 

Yes, they have better players, but we also did tonight and got totally kippered by a squad who are nowhere near our level in terms of skill, caps, medals or wages but they totally wanted it more than us. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if anyone in the management ever takes Walker to one side and tells him that it’s not good enough just to come on and make a few obvious, petulant fouls and stroll around as if you think you should be playing at a higher level of football?

 

And if not, why not? Because it keeps happening. It’s just about his sole contribution.

 

Maybe he’s just too thick to realise what an arse he is currently making of himself.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BelgeJambo said:

Nothing other than Royal humping of Alloa will make up for tonight

That would mean actually trying to get upfield to score a goal. 

We are due a clean sheet so 0-0 or 1-0 Hearts. 😴😴😴

At least we are not having to drag ourselves outdoors in the cold and rain to watch it. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
2 minutes ago, jambostuart said:

We were also too good to get relegated last season. 

 

We'll win the league but not based on our last few performances, We need huge improvement

 

We might have been, no one will know that. 

 

Yes we will win the league. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Why do all our game plans seem to involve allowing the opposition team to get all their defenders back in position before we are ready to attack them? We are playing in a league that is a level below us yet still look like we can not move the ball about fast enough, can’t beat any opposition players for pace and have players that can’t make the right decisions while under pressure in the final third. It’s very frustrating

 

It is but I think we'll be ok come the prize giving ceremony.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

 

We might have been, no one will know that. 

 

Yes we will win the league. 

 

Obviously hope you're right, and I also think we will win. But it's one thing for us to think it, the players really can't just take it for granted. That's part of why we were in last season's shit show.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

 

Sorry but that's utter shite! Rangers and Celtic are at every team from the first minute until the last, they never give up, they never stop. That's why they win most games.

 

Yes, they have better players, but we also did tonight and got totally kippered by a squad who are nowhere near our level in terms of skill, caps, medals or wages but they totally wanted it more than us. 

 

Guess what mate? That sometimes happens to Rangers and Celtic as well.

 

Edit: Forgot to add, that means it's not utter shite.

Edited by graygo
Link to post
Share on other sites
BarneyBattles
1 minute ago, leginten said:

I wonder if anyone in the management ever takes Walker to one side and tells him that it’s not good enough just to come on and make a few obvious, petulant fouls and stroll around as if you think you should be playing at a higher level of football?

 

And if not, why not? Because it keeps happening. It’s just about his sole contribution.

 

Maybe he’s just too thick to realise what an arse he is currently making of himself.

 

 

 

Walker was finished a long time ago. Potentially a great player 10 years ago but little niggly injuries have finished him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
1 minute ago, BarneyBattles said:

 

Sorry but that's utter shite! Rangers and Celtic are at every team from the first minute until the last, they never give up, they never stop. That's why they win most games.

 

Yes, they have better players, but we also did tonight and got totally kippered by a squad who are nowhere near our level in terms of skill, caps, medals or wages but they totally wanted it more than us. 

 

Win Most games, not all..... 

:fonzie:

 

 

You've just answered your own dilemma. 

 

Have we not won most games this season, league and the cups? 

 

At the seasons end we will have won most games and be top. 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, graygo said:

 

It is but I think we'll be ok come the prize giving ceremony.

Despite my disappointment tonight I do as well. If Dunfermline are our main rivals we have nothing to fear. Bubbles will burst. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, leginten said:

I wonder if anyone in the management ever takes Walker to one side and tells him that it’s not good enough just to come on and make a few obvious, petulant fouls and stroll around as if you think you should be playing at a higher level of football?

 

And if not, why not? Because it keeps happening. It’s just about his sole contribution.

 

Maybe he’s just too thick to realise what an arse he is currently making of himself.

 

 

He should never have been brought back. 

 

No pace. Not good enough on the ball to get away with a lack of pace. If he hasn't scored in a game, he's anonymous. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
1 minute ago, jambostuart said:

Obviously hope you're right, and I also think we will win. But it's one thing for us to think it, the players really can't just take it for granted. That's part of why we were in last season's shit show.

 

 

Correct, we can't take it for granted. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
BarneyBattles
Just now, graygo said:

 

Guess what mate? That sometimes happens to Rangers and Celtic as well.

 

It's happening to us in almost every game though. That's the worry.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BarneyBattles said:

 

Walker was finished a long time ago. Potentially a great player 10 years ago but little niggly injuries have finished him.


I used to think he was a magnificent player for Hearts. I think he still has something, but his attitude stinks to high heaven. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

It's not about Irving ahead of Halliday in terms of ability, that wasn't what the poster was alluding too. 

 

It's about a poster using Irving as an example of a good attitude  when criticising another and stating he's " someone that wants to be here". 

 

Not renewing his contact and being able to sign a pre contract in 2 months would indicate the exact opposite. 

That was my point, that has now been lost and Tbh I don't really care if folk feel the same way. 

Time will tell. 

 

He's not going to get a contract with a bigger club than Hearts. 

If he thinks otherwise he's fantasising. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
BarneyBattles
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

Win Most games, not all..... 

:fonzie:

 

 

You've just answered your own dilemma. 

 

Have we not won most games this season, league and the cups? 

 

At the seasons end we will have won most games and be top. 

 

 

 

If you had a brain (which I know you don't) you'd understand that we are talking about performances rather than results.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, leginten said:

I wonder if anyone in the management ever takes Walker to one side and tells him that it’s not good enough just to come on and make a few obvious, petulant fouls and stroll around as if you think you should be playing at a higher level of football?

 

And if not, why not? Because it keeps happening. It’s just about his sole contribution.

 

Maybe he’s just too thick to realise what an arse he is currently making of himself.

 

 

This is absolutely spot on. I’ve been watching him do that for ages. Particularly this season in every game he has played he leaves the boot in on players giving stood fouls away. Another in a long line of Hearts players who need to give themselves a good shake. Makes me question their attitude. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On paper we should skoosh this league. And that’s exactly why The players need to take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror tonight.


Every game for every other side playing us is a cup final and the sooner we realise that, the better 


Attitude and application Vs much better quality but with a complacent attitude is a recipe for disaster 

 

If there are any positives to be taken, I would now hope that these same players now realise that they aren’t good enough as footballers to just turn up and expect to win. They let us all down tonight, badly.
 

Losing is part of the game but I hate when we lose due to a half arsed effort like tonight’s performance. 
 

We move on but I hope it’s made crystal clear to every player that took the field tonight (bar M smith) that, that performance was unacceptable, and cannot be repeated 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Despite my disappointment tonight I do as well. If Dunfermline are our main rivals we have nothing to fear. Bubbles will burst. 

 

Good man. 👍

 

I was starting to think that me and @Smith's right boot lived in some sort of parallel universe and were the only ones who still thought we could win this league without playing like Brazil every week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, leginten said:

I wonder if anyone in the management ever takes Walker to one side and tells him that it’s not good enough just to come on and make a few obvious, petulant fouls and stroll around as if you think you should be playing at a higher level of football?

 

And if not, why not? Because it keeps happening. It’s just about his sole contribution.

 

Maybe he’s just too thick to realise what an arse he is currently making of himself.

 

 

 

Walker strikes me as somebody who is happy to do the bare minimum to be a professional footballer. He rarely grabs the game by the scruff of the neck and hasn't for a long time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
BarneyBattles
3 minutes ago, leginten said:


I used to think he was a magnificent player for Hearts. I think he still has something, but his attitude stinks to high heaven. 

 

He was an total standout for us but looks a shadow of his former self now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

all this singling out of Walker is unjustified scapegoating in my opinion 

the whole team underperformed tonight 

He only got subbed on later in the game too

damage was done 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Despite my disappointment tonight I do as well. If Dunfermline are our main rivals we have nothing to fear. Bubbles will burst. 

 

 

The worst thing about tonight's defeat imo isn't that we got beat or that we played poor it's the fact dunfermline are shite Tbh. 

 

The played for second balls and had a higher tempo than us, that is all. 

Shoot on sight, pick up second balls. 

 

Just before thier first goal, their player hit the moon with a shot from a pick up in the middle, 1 min later from a throw in and a second ball - run and hit the ball at the goal, deflection, boom. 

2nd goal a corner. 

 

Folk painting Dunfermline as a swashbuckling all out attack football side are on glue. 

 

Direct, energy, second balls and Ofc set pieces, they done that well. 

 

We need to adapt slightly as 20 passes across the middle is useless in this league as is flick ons and 1-2's,

Down the sides, in the box, shoot, pick up second balls. 

 

Rinse and repeat. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, graygo said:

 

Good man. 👍

 

I was starting to think that me and @Smith's right boot lived in some sort of parallel universe and were the only ones who still thought we could win this league without playing like Brazil every week.

😀 no I’m with you. I’d just like to see us move the ball about in a more positive way and players to show more energy off the ball. Too many guys easily marked. Boyce is I’m poor form but if he needs three or four clear cut chances to score he should still be getting the, with the quality we have. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

 

It's happening to us in almost every game though. That's the worry.

 

What? We get totally kippered almost every game?

 

We don't, neither do they. We sometimes do and so do they.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

 

The worst thing about tonight's defeat imo isn't that we got beat or that we played poor it's the fact dunfermline are shite Tbh. 

 

The played for second balls and had a higher tempo than us, that is all. 

Shoot on sight, pick up second balls. 

 

Just before thier first goal, their player hit the moon with a shot from a pick up in the middle, 1 min later from a throw in and a second ball - run and hit the ball at the goal, deflection, boom. 

2nd goal a corner. 

 

Folk painting Dunfermline as a swashbuckling all out attack football side are on glue. 

 

Direct, energy, second balls and Ofc set pieces, they done that well. 

 

We need to adapt slightly as 20 passes across the middle is useless in this league as is flick ons and 1-2's,

Down the sides, in the box, shoot, pick up second balls. 

 

Rinse and repeat. 

 

Yes. But back to most of the games last season, how many times more is our budget compared to Dunfermline’s?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

On paper we should skoosh this league. And that’s exactly why The players need to take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror tonight.


Every game for every other side playing us is a cup final and the sooner we realise that, the better 


Attitude and application Vs much better quality but with a complacent attitude is a recipe for disaster 

 

If there are any positives to be taken, I would now hope that these same players now realise that they aren’t good enough as footballers to just turn up and expect to win. They let us all down tonight, badly.
 

Losing is part of the game but I hate when we lose due to a half arsed effort like tonight’s performance. 
 

We move on but I hope it’s made crystal clear to every player that took the field tonight (bar M smith) that, that performance was unacceptable, and cannot be repeated 

Totally agreed although I must say I thought Smith was very poor tonight. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

If you had a brain (which I know you don't) you'd understand that we are talking about performances rather than results.

 

Come on, most folk don't give a shit about performance as long as we win, rightly so. Nobody was talking about performance, surely?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Correct. A win alone is not enough.

It is for me tbh. Would love an inspired performance and 3 goal win but a win is all that’s important. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
9 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

If you had a brain (which I know you don't) you'd understand that we are talking about performances rather than results.

 

If you has a brain you'd know results are more important. 

 

Also, in all our wins I thought we were the better team in most if not all of them, some where more marginal than I'd like but on reflection we in general had more shots on and off target, more possession, more corners and more territory than our opposition. 

 

I'd say that is being the better team and winning, which we have done most of this season, in fact in almost every game until tonight. 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Smith's right boot
Link to post
Share on other sites
Francis Albert
20 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Nothing other than Royal humping of Alloa will make up for tonight

Won't make up for it in any way

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hearts007 said:

yes really .. the attempt of a ball he put into the keepers arms when we had 4 in the box

Wow.  Irving got about 20 minutes at most and you pick  him out for one pass..  very strange.  007 indeed

Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot

In summary, how dunfermline beat us tonight is how I think we can beat celtic. 

 

Don't let them score first ( might rely on a little luck). 

Don't give too much away first half. 

Press and shoot on sight. 

Make set pieces count. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

😀 no I’m with you. I’d just like to see us move the ball about in a more positive way and players to show more energy off the ball. Too many guys easily marked. Boyce is I’m poor form but if he needs three or four clear cut chances to score he should still be getting the, with the quality we have. 

 

Have faith mate, it'll all come good in the end.

 

No doubt about it.

 

Well as long as we start playing a bit better.

 

Ok, as long as we win more games than everyone else.

 

Right, well as long as the likes of Dunfermline and Raith lose form.

 

We're fecked aren't we? ☹️

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

 

The worst thing about tonight's defeat imo isn't that we got beat or that we played poor it's the fact dunfermline are shite Tbh. 

 

The played for second balls and had a higher tempo than us, that is all. 

Shoot on sight, pick up second balls. 

 

Just before thier first goal, their player hit the moon with a shot from a pick up in the middle, 1 min later from a throw in and a second ball - run and hit the ball at the goal, deflection, boom. 

2nd goal a corner. 

 

Folk painting Dunfermline as a swashbuckling all out attack football side are on glue. 

 

Direct, energy, second balls and Ofc set pieces, they done that well. 

 

We need to adapt slightly as 20 passes across the middle is useless in this league as is flick ons and 1-2's,

Down the sides, in the box, shoot, pick up second balls. 

 

Rinse and repeat. 

 

And do we have the players to do that? One injury to Ginelly seems to have made us lose all threat from the wide areas. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
This is My Story Podcast

The full summer and all its recruitment was aimed at getting width into the team and getting balls into the box for Boyce/Wighton. Tonight we played 4231 with no wingers. Tried to play the game through the middle of the congested park and lost nearly every one on one battle. No alarm bells yet but that result has been coming, we’ve been miles off it for weeks now. 9 competitive matches, 9 different starting 11’s. Shoehorning players into positions purely to get them on the park. First real test in the league and we’ve been spanked. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, This is My Story Podcast said:

The full summer and all its recruitment was aimed at getting width into the team and getting balls into the box for Boyce/Wighton. Tonight we played 4231 with no wingers. Tried to play the game through the middle of the congested park and lost nearly every one on one battle. No alarm bells yet but that result has been coming, we’ve been miles off it for weeks now. 9 competitive matches, 9 different starting 11’s. Shoehorning players into positions purely to get them on the park. First real test in the league and we’ve been spanked. 

Elliot Frear is a winger, just not a very good one. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
This is My Story Podcast
2 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Elliot Frear is a winger, just not a very good one. 

Yeah true. We let McDonald go and he keeps Moore and Henderson out the team. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
10 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Won't make up for it in any way

 

 

 

May as well give up then after tonight's result, nothing else has or will matter ever again. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, luckydug said:

First thing Irving did when came on was to boot the ball into touch. 

Like his teammates he spent his time playing backwards and turning into trouble. 

 

 

 

 

 


Indeed he did

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Won't make up for it in any way

 


Agreed it’s 3 vital point lost.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hearts fans March 2020 - "we're only 4 points behind with 8 games to go, of course we would stay up"

 

Hearts fans November 2020 - " we're 4 points behind (with a game in hand) with 23 games to go, of course we won't win the league.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, graygo said:

 

Have faith mate, it'll all come good in the end.

 

No doubt about it.

 

Well as long as we start playing a bit better.

 

Ok, as long as we win more games than everyone else.

 

Right, well as long as the likes of Dunfermline and Raith lose form.

 

We're fecked aren't we? ☹️

 

 

😂

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...