***Official Dunfermline Athletic v Heart of Midlothian match thread ***

BelgeJambo

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I still don’t know if he knows our best formation and team to be honest, onto Alloa home and away, can’t wait eh 🙈

Yeah I dont think he does. Playing Naismith,Boyce and Wighton didn’t work tonight at all. 
Need a good performance Tuesday to put this one behind us. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Greedy Jambo

• Thomaso

1 minute ago, BelgeJambo said:

Can somebody tell me where Naismith fits into the shape of the team?

He should be playing as a striker. Its his best position and we never seem to play him there. Best finisher at the club. 

2 minutes ago, 1902hewat said:

Dunfermline were a bit lucky and we were just as unlucky. Difference was their energy and eagerness. They wanted it more. I think we will be in the playoffs this year. That’s if Dungcaster doesn’t have his way

I agree they wanted it more, but think we have more than enough strength in depth to win the league, tonight should be the wake up call we need to ensure it doesn't happen again 

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Absolutely, I think Moore and Henderson would’ve done better as the actually try. Ginnelly is a huge miss but not many others are that great. 

Frear did ok, this is his level, but Roberts has looked poor the last few times I've seen him, and he's on a long contract, Henderson is a better player. A few need dropped for Tuesday, I would rather have hard workers against teams like Alloa than fancy Dans who think they're too good for this league.

6 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

"That's just the way it goes sometimes" I hope he wasn't so blasee with the players...

Is that what he said?  That is a loser’s comment.  

Like you, I hope he does not say that to the players. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I still don’t know if he knows our best formation and team to be honest, onto Alloa home and away, can’t wait eh 🙈

Agree. 

Don't think he's 100% on our formation and set up. 

1 minute ago, south morocco said:

Dunfermline had more energy than us overall which is concerning, Maybe a wake up call. We need to be more direct.We aren’t good enough to try the one two stuff in the last third. Hopefully lessons learned. I despise Dunfermline more now than I ever did. 

yep

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, Gnjambo16 said:

Robbie seemed all very relaxed in his interview, one of these night etc ... really ? The recruitment once again is very poor .... Roberts , Frear to name just 2 and Wighton being Wighton but he wasn’t alone was he . 

Your braver than me. Was turned off second whistle went. 

Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

This.

It showed when the ball was worked into the wide areas in the 1st half - absolutely no end result.

This is going to be a long hard slog of a season watching that dross. 

When we cantered the Championship a few years back we played rapid fast football and battered teams with power and pace. This current showing is slow as feck and our so called wide men are crap. Need Ginelly back. 

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

A bit more reasonable. If you saw Neilsons face, he was raging at players. 

While we were not great, being polite there, that game was still salvageable and Boyces miss has cost us big time. 

Let's see where we are in 6 games time before panicking. 

Not ready to panic or turn on Neilson yet but that was apalling. Like I said, he dosen't get too many more like that.

Last Championship season we had the legs of Nicholson, Walker and King. This year we have Frear, Roberts and Ginnelly. 

Massive difference in energy and running.

I thought Hearts got what they deserved overall however they had a few clear chances to score. 

I will say I thought the boy Turner had a great game for Dunfermline and looked decent. 

10 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

We're  a better team with Irving on the pitch. Halliday is a huddy, and Lee cant do it on his own.

yup Irving wants to be there, Halliday is more focussed on yucking it up with Si Ferry... get the distinct impression he is here for the beer.

6 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

We are clearly relying a lot on Haring and Ginnelly playing. When they aren't, things seem a struggle.

Careful with Ginelly.  Looked good so far but so did Roberts v Dundee.

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Agree. 

Don't think he's 100% on our formation and set up. 

Which is what a pre season is for 

1 minute ago, Ari Gold said:

He should be playing as a striker. Its his best position and we never seem to play him there. Best finisher at the club. 

Unfortunately our best finisher chose to play a square pass instead of shooting when right through - and they made an arse of it!!!

7 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Lee?  As I've said earlier he is possibly the worst midfielder I have ever seen in the defensive half.  Cost the first goal by failing miserably to close down a shot and the opposition players eyes must light up when they come up against him in defence.

He should be forbidden from going back into our half.

I rate Lee with the ball at his feet and his eye for a pass and ability to execute it. But he’s as slow as they come and expects far to much time on the ball and as you say that leads to him cocking it up and losing possession in our own half far too often. Added to that he just doesn’t get his body in the way quick enough either and so he’s a player who’s weaknesses far out way his strengths.

Edited by Squirt

2 minutes ago, south morocco said:

Dunfermline had more energy than us overall which is concerning, Maybe a wake up call. We need to be more direct.We aren’t good enough to try the one two stuff in the last third. Hopefully lessons learned. I despise Dunfermline more now than I ever did. 

The one two stuff got on my nerves all night, blind passes round the corner that never worked once. Agree this needs to be a lesson learnt 

2 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Frear did ok, this is his level, but Roberts has looked poor the last few times I've seen him, and he's on a long contract, Henderson is a better player. A few need dropped for Tuesday, I would rather have hard workers against teams like Alloa than fancy Dans who think they're too good for this league.

What did Frear do that was OK. You must have been watching a different game to me. 

SectionDJambo

We are really mostly feeling much the same. Not a good performance tonight, and other than Dundee and Hibs, no other good performances, but we were getting results.

Hopefully tonight will register with our players that this isn’t going to be a skoosh unless we are 100% focused for every game.

We should have won that game on the chances we had. The defending was woeful at both Dunfermline goals.

Those players need to win by a good few goals on Tuesday and carry it on from there. We look like a team that need fans to carry them through, which is a worry.

27 minutes ago, best in the land said:

Neilson = poor signings and poor manager

Nothing to do with Neilson, it's that guy who managed us before the last guy who managed us apparently.

28 minutes ago, lsimp77 said:

The spirit of Craig levein really does live on In these players. It’ll take years I’m afraid.

I’m not quite wetting the bed just yet but fek me if Moore can’t get in over Frear then the games a turkey. 
that win gives them a massive boost.

get the shit together hearts. .

a deflected opener, is hitting the bar twice, Boyce missing sitter. We had chances and were unlucky. 
that aside they really should of scored 2 or 3 themselves.

a deserved defeat and hard to take to be honest. Far to many off the pace. Boyce needs to start scoring. It seems a cursed position the last 4-5 seasons

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Not ready to panic or turn on Neilson yet but that was apalling. Like I said, he dosen't get too many more like that.

Last Championship season we had the legs of Nicholson, Walker and King. This year we have Frear, Roberts and Ginnelly. 

Massive difference in energy and running.

Don't know what has happened to Walker. He looks like he has lead weights tied to legs. I blame Alice band he wears. 

That was very annoying. Too many not stepping up to the mark. I don't expect to win every game but do expect a lot more effort than we got from some tonight. 

1 minute ago, Bluesy1874 said:

I thought Hearts got what they deserved overall however they had a few clear chances to score. 

I will say I thought the boy Turner had a great game for Dunfermline and looked decent. 

Re your first sentence- that’s the main point for me too. We’ll have off days. But decent teams still grab points by taking their chances even when they’ve played crap. Can’t afford sloppy losses

20 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nah, most  away games in my lifetime have been generally close. We have very rarely, if ever won by big scores away from home  constantly, I don't think that will change this season. 

We were poor, but I'm not worried. 

We'll win the league, comfortably. 

We will win the league. We should having the budget of rest of league put together.

We should be paying in better performances.

Not wanting to be knee jerk and say that it's all doom and gloom however, tonights performance was depressing.

No pace, inability to find a pass out of midfield. So called full-time players looking pedestrian. And strikers who, well can't strike!

More worrying is the lack of depth or options in the team. Haring definitely improves the team, jury out for me regarding Ginnelly....after that.....there's nothing!   

I'll say it again Neilson divides opinion amongst the support.....Tonight just proves that and gives another opportunity to those who say he should never have been brought back to the club.

Edited by Hashimoto

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Definitely, we have far too many deathly slow fancy dans like Jamie “I look like Grealish” Walker who nobody has mentioned as he was totally anonymous. We have a team full of players playing “at their level” unfortunately. 

Ex member of the SaS

Lots on here laughed at me when I said Raith and Dunfy would be our biggest rivals. No laugh now eh?

Naismith flatters to deceive, Wighton despite his goals is not good enough, Boyce is also over hyped. As for Halliday, Halket and Frear all should be moved on.

IF these players want win bonuses then they should be taking a pay cut when they lose.

22 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

We should definitely have had more than just Boyce and Wighton as our 2 strikers. Crazy not bringing in another goalscorer.

Our resident expert says we don’t need one! 🙈

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Unfortunately our best finisher chose to play a square pass instead of shooting when right through - and they made an arse of it!!!

That was a strange one. Keep going and he had clear shot or the defender would have fouled him. 

3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

he shat himself . Why on earth did he not shoot is beyond me. The pass was a risk and proved it. Horrendous decision

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Don't know what has happened to Walker. He looks like he has lead weights tied to legs. I bla

me Alice band he wears. 

He's been shit for about 4 years. Should never have re-signed him. He's worse than 2nd spell Neil McCann. He just doesn't have it any more.

complete control
4 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

When we cantered the Championship a few years back we played rapid fast football and battered teams with power and pace. This current showing is slow as feck and our so called wide men are crap. Need Ginelly back. 

Passing square balls around the back 4 for ages then Smith launching it does my nut in.

4 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Im agreeing with you 😉

Sarcasm doesn't translate over the internet well.

Mental to think that our team had internationalists in it then people say 'but the part time team played defensively' as if that explains it!

16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You forgot to add they missed two sitters. We were well beaten there I’m afraid, Crawford got the better of him and as he’s just said Neilson panicked and changed the formation 3 or 4 times with no real effect. 
We’ve been poor apart from a couple of games this season. 

Thought the changing of formation got us back on the front foot to be fair.

We gave up chances chasing the game.

Do worry that we are slow in midfield and Boyce still struggling to score from open play.

Next is alloa at home so I would expect 3 points. If we drop points there then I would be worried but keep faith in Robbie he will win the league, just not as convincingly as the last time (better balance in team last time)

2 minutes ago, Jap Jambo said:

yup Irving wants to be there, Halliday is more focussed on yucking it up with Si Ferry... get the distinct impression he is here for the beer.

That’s totally unfair.  Halliday worked his socks off he’s not 100% yet but is clearly giving everything.

I suggest a mix of youth and experience before the game and I wouldn’t have played Boyce or Smith.  Frear does look utter pap though as does the Romanian huddy.

It will come good this season and that’s from someone who would have kept Stendel and changed the whole philosophy of the club.   Pay good money for experience and do the minimum for mild success seems the motto.  That’s not good enough when you look at the potential. 

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

We will win the league. We should having the budget of rest of league put together.

We should be paying in better performances.

Agreed. 

Make no mistake, Dunfermline fully deserved their win.

They were quicker, more direct and stronger on the ball whilst were short of pace (Michael Smith excepted) in the tackle exemplified by the number of fouls and yellow cards given out.

We strolled about as if we had given right to win this match.  But our casual passing which was not always accurate was  not the approach needed against a stronger and more committed team. 

And forget the ones that hit the bar and the free kicks that went narrowly past, otherwise that’s just papering over the cracks.  Boyce is missing more chances than he is converting and Whittaker stuck so close to Naisy so he couldn’t influence the game.

And why did we wait until we were two down to assert a bit of urgency.  Even then our efforts lacked coordination and  were more in hope than decisiveness with slack passing and hopeful punts into the middle (apart from the goal) more often than not allowing them to break.  Indeed we were closer to conceding a third that getting an equaliser.

Apart from the Dundee game (okay and the semi) we have been  less than convincing.   Robbie needs to hammer into them that this will be no walk in the park.

Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Our resident expert says we don’t need one! 🙈

Not sure who you're referring to but they don't sound like an expert.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Jap Jambo said:

Does he tho? 

That Irving who hasn't signed a new contract wants to be here? 

4 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Careful with Ginelly.  Looked good so far but so did Roberts v Dundee.

Yeah I'm not convinced that Ginnelly will cut it either but he's certainly better than Roberts and Frear. Roberts in particular is a liability. 

2 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

What did Frear do that was OK. You must have been watching a different game to me. 

He sure as hell wasn't the our worst player. At least he was getting on the ball in the first half and trying, which is more than could be said for Naismith and Boyce in the middle. All fancy flicks and no end product.

25 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

And people who don't realise that teams sometimes lose games to teams slightly below them

"Mehehehe, my persistent pessimism has been justified because we lost. I showed you all how wrong you were celebrating narrow victories. Told you we would fall on our face eventually"

**** off

Yes loses happen now and again, but we are consistent with our performances on the road this season.

I enjoyed the victories but could see this result coming.

You would hope our manager was able to see that as well, but no, sane pish away from home.

Scottish football is just shit. Premiership or championship. The standard is just so low now. Barely watchable and miles behind the majority of Europe.