Scottish cup final 2020

One five

1 hour ago, been here before said:

Or...

BOOM eh?

That in no way negates my point that standing off Uche ended badly for Hibs at Easter Road. You may wish to have a wee chuckle at these clips and consider how much Stones gets for his efforts at Man City. Yup, a bloke who gets paid more than our entire squad making a pigs ear of it and also tripping over the ball.

20201209_222607.jpg

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• One five

• Thomaso

• davemclaren

• Kiwidoug

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

been here before
1 minute ago, Wee Mikey said:

That in no way negates my point that standing off Uche ended badly for Hibs at Easter Road. You may wish to have a wee chuckle at these clips and consider how much Stones gets for his efforts at Man City. Yup, a bloke who gets paid more than our entire squad making a pigs ear of it and also tripping over the ball.

20201209_222607.jpg

Lets be honest for every one moment of 'magic' from Uche theres about 20 where he ****ed up. There were entire games where he broke down more Hearts attacks than the opposition defences.

Guest ToqueJambo
9 minutes ago, been here before said:

Aye right enough Im forgetting Championship teams dont have tellys and cant afford to send people to watch games. They dont talk to other people or have online access. They cant read reports and work things out for themselves. Theyd really have no idea what gmtheyd be up against or who he even was, let alone know how to play him. It would be a total surprise.

Seems like we're entering yet another area where you're an expert.

Architecture, stadium design, new stand construction, the installation and upkeep of hybrid sports pitches and now the mindset and tactics of 1st Divisiion football teams. There really is no beginning to your expertise and no end to the puerile shite you spout.

It's not that much of a stretch to think Uche could have been useful in the Championship simply because of his physicality had we decided to keep him (if we even had a choice not knowing his contract details around relegation). Players who flopped like Nade, Wighton, Keena, even David Wittenween found goals fairly easy to come by at this level after leaving Hearts or when on loan.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 minute ago, been here before said:

Aye right enough Im forgetting Championship teams dont have tellys and cant afford to send people to watch games. They dont talk to other people or have online access. They cant read reports and work things out for themselves.

Seems like we're entering yet another area where you're an expert.

Architecture, stadium design, new stand construction, the installation and upkeep of hybrid sports pitches and now the mindset and tactics of 1st Divisiion football teams. There really is no beginning to your expertise and no end to the puerile shite you spout.

Your dismissive tone suggests you’re the one who thinks you’re an “expert”!

You may have missed my comments stated they were “IMO” - that’s my opinion which I think I’m entitled to make.

Do you really think many Championship teams tuned in on TV or attended Hearts games to watch Uche when they were in a different league? And “reading reports” would give them the secret of how to play him? 😂

Your “expert” opinion that you only have to back off Uche is flawed as already has been noted by another poster in any event!

As for your other childish comments I would confirm that I did have some “expertise” relative to the design and building of the new stand, thanks very much.

As for my comments on the state of the pitch they were based on the “expertise” of a professional in the grass growing industry - and regretfully over the last couple of years these concerns were well founded.

As for your “puerile shite you spout” comment it says much about you than myself.

William H. Bonney
2 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

You mean like the two Hibs defenders at Easter Road? Backing off ended well for them that day, eh? A wee Ali shuffle, feed Hickey, and BOOM! 😉

I still think uche was passing the ball to the referee whom he mistook for a hearts player. 
He got lucky that Hickey was there. 

9 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

It's not that much of a stretch to think Uche could have been useful in the Championship simply because of his physicality had we decided to keep him (if we even had a choice not knowing his contract details around relegation). Players who flopped like Nade, Wighton, Keena, even David Wittenween found goals fairly easy to come by at this level after leaving Hearts or when on loan.

Spot on TJ 👍

been here before
3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Your dismissive tone suggests you’re the one who thinks you’re an “expert”!

You may have missed my comments stated they were “IMO” - that’s my opinion which I think I’m entitled to make.

Do you really think many Championship teams tuned in on TV or attended Hearts games to watch Uche when they were in a different league? And “reading reports” would give them the secret of how to play him? 😂

Your “expert” opinion that you only have to back off Uche is flawed as already has been noted by another poster in any event!

As for your other childish comments I would confirm that I did have some “expertise” relative to the design and building of the new stand, thanks very much.

As for my comments on the state of the pitch they were based on the “expertise” of a professional in the grass growing industry - and regretfully over the last couple of years these concerns were well founded.

As for your “puerile shite you spout” comment it says much about you than myself.

Where the **** do you start with that rambling pishathon?

11 minutes ago, been here before said:

Lets be honest for every one moment of 'magic' from Uche theres about 20 where he ****ed up. There were entire games where he broke down more Hearts attacks than the opposition defences.

Have you got any expert evidence of that or are you spouting......how did you put it.....”shite”?

been here before
2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Have you got any expert evidence of that or are you spouting......how did you put it.....”shite”?

Any evidence I have, 'expert' or otherwise, is proven by the fact you disagree. 

Edited by been here before

2 minutes ago, been here before said:

Where the **** do you start with that rambling pishathon?

Too close to the truth for you eh! 😉

1 minute ago, been here before said:

Any evidence I have is proven by the fact you dissgree. 

Clever......just not quite clever enough! 😂

Just now, been here before said:

But at least you dont let it hold you back.

You look like you’ve run out of anything valid to say other than silly wee one liners, so switch off to save yourself further embarrassment.

been here before
3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

You look like you’ve run out of anything valid to say other than silly wee one liners, so switch off to save yourself further embarrassment.

Ive ran out, you've never started, but like daft wee schoolbairn you'll need the last word.

Go for it.

Edited by been here before

38 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

20201209_222607.jpg

BOOM! 😂

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Uche was a poor player who did some good things. That’s it in a nut shell.

Poor player in the Premier League or a poor player as a plan B in the Championship Jimmy?

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Ach well. At least we didn't;t pay £25m for the privilege

😂😂😂

22 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Uche was a poor player who did some good things. That’s it in a nut shell.

36 career goals for a 25 year old centre forward isnt great.

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Ach well. At least we didn't;t pay £25m for the privilege

That's funnier than Todd Carty trying to dance on ice. 😆

52 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Poor player in the Premier League or a poor player as a plan B in the Championship Jimmy?

The type of player who got us into the championship

15 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

He rarely played when Stendel arrived....

11 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

I thought this was a thread about the Scottish Cup Final

Same. Came on to read about that and instead find people claiming we should have kept Ikpeazu 😂😂 people really have lost their minds this year.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

Back on topic. This would be my team.

Gordon

Smith Halkett Popescu Kingsley 

Haring Irving

Ginelly Naismith Walker

Boyce

Same. The team seems to pick itself apart from centre defence and Ginnelly's fitness.

2 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

Gordon

Haring Irving

Ginelly Naismith Walker

Boyce

Popescu?

1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

Popescu?

Tbf I would have Popescu before Berra in this game. 

Popescu never been played in preferred position (right side of Central defence) imo.

Berra if played hopefully wants to make up for error in last final.

3 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Same. The team seems to pick itself apart from centre defence and Ginnelly's fitness.

Agreed. He’ll play Berra at centre half and hope that neither Edouard or Griffiths play. I just can’t see Ginelly starting but he might make the bench if he’s fit for 20 minutes. Lee will play instead of him.

On 09/12/2020 at 23:28, Thomaso said:

In fairness if he’s was plan B in the Championship I think that answers the question as to how poor he was (albeit he had his moments).

4 hours ago, Koolkeith said:

Gordon

Haring Irving

Ginelly Naismith Walker

Boyce

I expect Berra, Halliday and Lee to start instead of Popescu, Irving (who I'm a big fan of) and Ginnelly.

Obviously the game on Saturday could have an impact if any injuries and either a great or shocking performance by anyone. Irving has a chance to play himself into the team with an outstanding performance.

Three points on Saturday is all that matters for now, and do not want anyone saving themselves for the final, a good performance and comfortable win would be the preferred preparation and confidence booster.

6 hours ago, Koolkeith said:

Gordon

Haring Irving

Ginelly Naismith Walker

Boyce

Berra and Halliday should start this one I reckon. Also wouldn’t have Ginnelly on from the start. It will probably be Wighton or Lee.

Is VAR and goal line technology being used in the final. 

Sorry, if this has already been asked and answered. 

Edited by ri Alban

Weakened Offender
On 10/12/2020 at 00:22, JimmyCant said:

Like Michael Smith and Steven Naismith then? 

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

If only 😏

10 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

In fairness if he’s was plan B in the Championship I think that answers the question as to how poor he was (albeit he had his moments).

The point I was trying to make was that whilst he was not consistently good enough for the Premier league he might have been useful to bring on in the Championship when we were struggling to break down a defence.

6 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

The point I was trying to make was that whilst he was not consistently good enough for the Premier league he might have been useful to bring on in the Championship when we were struggling to break down a defence.

I get it. Maybe the money he was on didn’t justify keeping him as an ‘impact’ player in the Championship. I don’t know if he’s injured or not but he hasn’t appeared much for Wycombe.

6 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I get it. Maybe the money he was on didn’t justify keeping him as an ‘impact’ player in the Championship. I don’t know if he’s injured or not but he hasn’t appeared much for Wycombe.

He was on the bench quite a bit, early on at least. They have Akinfenwah who seems a similar style player and is preferred. 

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

He was on the bench quite a bit, early on at least. They have Akinfenwah who seems a similar style player and is preferred. 

Uche is injured. 

That will be my first and last post about him as I don't really care.

I think Celtic's game yesterday gives them more problems.

The best players - Soro and Turnbull -  who helped win them the game are bit part players. Unless Lennon is going to completely change his approach it's just more division and confusion in the squad.

Including putting Scott Brown back in the team. 

12 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I think Celtic's game yesterday gives them more problems.

The best players - Soro and Turnbull -  who helped win them the game are bit part players. Unless Lennon is going to completely change his approach it's just more division and confusion in the squad.

Including putting Scott Brown back in the team. 

Oh, yes please!

4 hours ago, Thomaso said:

I agree.

Think teams know how to play us and that would have added a bit of variety and something different in some games. 

Don't be at all surprised if the striker Neilson wants to bring in during the window is a more physical target man.

3 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

Uche is injured. 

That will be my first and last post about him as I don't really care.

We are all devastated! 😢

9 hours ago, ri Alban said:

The goal line tech is. No VAR but if there was who the hell would we want to be on the monitor anyway!