Marius Žaliūkas R.I.P.

Notorious BIG

onwards and upwards
1 hour ago, Weebroon98 said:

51BA613F-EDB5-4A7F-B2A8-66386E5BE543.png

Was there tonight and it's simply so sad. Tried to upload photos but  unable on phone ! 

Wreath heart ❤ shaped, white roses, "we all reek of Gorgie"

Particularly poignant.  Also noticed turnstile 26 within  .

Rip 🙏 our  5~1 . 

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorgie Boot boy

• gashauskis9

• Marvin

• soonbe110

8 minutes ago, Gone said:

Is anyone able to post a bigger version of the pic above? Unsure if it's the new forum causing it

See if this works.

20201103_203945.jpg

28 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

See if this works.

20201103_203945.jpg

My compliments to everyone who layed the tributes to that fantastic looking picture, sad as it still is to have lost a legend. 

Edited by HMFC01

19 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

See if this works.

20201103_203945.jpg

Went down to the old lady today to pay my respects to the Captain. Emotional wee moment to myself. RIP big man taken too soon.

Can I make a suggestion, on the day of his funeral, the mods change everyone's JKB avatars (is that what it's called?) to Marius holding the trophy? Or we could all change our own.. just another wee tribute.

On 25/10/2020 at 16:35, ri Alban said:

Smashing wee show. First time I've every seen a children's penny farling.

A show  you take a sellable possession into a bidding room where collectors bid for your thingy. :thumb:

On 02/11/2020 at 16:37, Gone said:

😢

2 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Went down to the old lady today to pay my respects to the Captain. Emotional wee moment to myself. RIP big man taken too soon.

Can I make a suggestion, on the day of his funeral, the mods change everyone's JKB avatars (is that what it's called?) to Marius holding the trophy? Or we could all change our own.. just another wee tribute.

Was the funeral not today? 

Apologies if I have missed this. 

loveofthegame
12 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Was the funeral not today? 

Apologies if I have missed this. 

Stevo posted something on Instagram this morning which suggested it is today.

loveofthegame

Incredibly poignant video Hearts have posted of Club Chaplain Andy Prime doing his bit to a select number of attendees in the Memorial Garden. Looks like JJ, Ann, Craig G, Jamie Mac, Gowser, Lockey and Stuart Wallace all in attendance.

Brought tears to my eyes. 

Such a sin.

17 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

Incredibly poignant video Hearts have posted of Club Chaplain Andy Prime doing his bit to a select number of attendees in the Memorial Garden. Looks like JJ, Ann, Craig G, Jamie Mac, Gowser, Lockey and Stuart Wallace all in attendance.

Such a sin.

Andy spoke brilliantly. His remarks around the 1 minute 40 mark really resonated.

21 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

Such a sin.

A lovely, touching little service. Glad the club was able to do something like this and to share it online. Between that video and CG visibly fighting back the tears in his presser it's completely set me off again. 

Very touching memorial service for Zal. 
Brought tears to my eyes as I read the tributes from many of Zal’s fans. 
A player and person we will all miss. 

Dagger Is Back

Tears flowing again. That was a lovely service, and Andy did a great job paying a fitting tribute to the big fella

Never forgotten

30 minutes ago, Jamboross said:

DELFIaA

Football player Marius Žaliūkas was accompanied on his last trip in Kaunas 

(18)
www.DELFI.lt
2020 November 5 15:11
Funeral of Marius Žaliūkas
Funeral of Marius Žaliūkas
Photo: DELFI / Nerijus Povilaitis

On Thursday afternoon, football player Marius Žaliūkas, who died over the weekend, was accompanied on his last trip in Kaunas .

After a serious and long illness, the 36-year-old from Kaunas died on October 31.

On Thursday, M. Žaliūkas was buried in Kaunas Romainiai 1st cemetery. An urn with the athlete's ashes is buried in the family grave. Relatives, relatives, friends and former comrades on the football field said goodbye to the former famous football player.

In 2006-2016, M. Žaliūkas represented the Lithuanian national team and defended the honor of such clubs as FBK Kaunas, Kauno Inkaras, Šilutė, Edinburgh Hearts, Glasgow Rangers, Leeds United and Vilnius Žalgiris.

M. Žaliūkas left a bright mark on the Hearts club, where he played from 2006 to 2013. In 2012, the Lithuanian was the captain of this team and helped win the Scottish Cup.

M. Žaliūkas, who played in the position of a defender, defended the honor of the Lithuanian national team from 2006 to 2016 and scored 1 goal during 29 matches played.

The athlete ended his career in 2016, already feeling the symptoms of a serious illness.

Ok - How unfortunate his family is. And wife Nora's pain is endless, she so she loved ... how sorry for me ..

as - AA Compassion and respect for the football player in general, who chose such a profession in Lithuania, where football is controlled by groups, but nevertheless - ...

Show more

LONDON HD - A great sympathy for the loved ones of my age is very painful from this easy life. Thanks Mariau for the fact that the packages ...

Show more
  • Anonymous (16)
  • Registered (2)

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.png

image.png

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.png

Edited by Mikey1874

Guest ToqueJambo
On 02/11/2020 at 14:14, OTT said:

Perhaps when the fans are back we can take the 26th minute of that match to make some noise for Big Zal. 

Guy was was an absolute warrior for us. To lose him like this is so crushing. 

Im sure he’ll be remembered forever lifting the cup with tears in his eyes. An absolute giant in our clubs history and PHM. 

Some sort of friendly to fund raise with the 2012 team would be something I’d love to see. Considering their ages it’s very doable. 

Definitely this.

Guest ToqueJambo

Thinking about Stefano passing as well. Considering the influence of these players and the huge cup wins they contributed to and how tragic it was to lose them so young, I'd love to see seats 26 and 5 somewhere in the stadium having a permanent statue of both sitting there watching the games. Like Valencia did for a famous fan. Or something like that near the dugout or pitchside somewhere.

Great tributes to a legendary Hearts man.  I am 67 years old and once again I am weeping like bairn.  I feel neither shame or embarrassment, only sadness.  

I watched the video again and made it through until he lifts the trophy and I started to well up.

I think that'll happen for a while 😔

On 02/11/2020 at 16:06, Texia said:

That was really hard to watch. Absolutely gutted that this has happened. Rest in peace Marius.

On 02/11/2020 at 22:14, OTT said:

Perhaps when the fans are back we can take the 26th minute of that match to make some noise for Big Zal. 

Guy was was an absolute warrior for us. To lose him like this is so crushing. 

Im sure he’ll be remembered forever lifting the cup with tears in his eyes. An absolute giant in our clubs history and PHM. 

Some sort of friendly to fund raise with the 2012 team would be something I’d love to see. Considering their ages it’s very doable. 

Absolutely, I’ve got a very sore throat after reading these tributes,

RIP captain.

Does anyone know, will the area outside the main stand still be there tomorrow afternoon? Will be the first chance I’ve had to go and put something down in remembrance.

8 hours ago, Zico said:

I’m not a Christian but that was very moving. Wonderfully spoken and a great tribute to Zal. 

Not a religious person but appreciate the love and kind words for big Zal. 7 in the morning and I'm blubbering like a baby. Rip big guy. 

loveofthegame
5 hours ago, Texia said:

Does anyone know, will the area outside the main stand still be there tomorrow afternoon? Will be the first chance I’ve had to go and put something down in remembrance.

I went at about 9pm last night and dropped off some flowers as was first chance I'd had - certainly no sign of it being removed yet. i'd like to think the club will announce before it is removed.

There was something incredibly moving about being there later on in the evening. It was quiet and calm and the plaza really is quite special in the dark, with the tributes laid out in right behind the Hearts badge. Very special place and the tributes are amazing.

1 hour ago, loveofthegame said:

I went at about 9pm last night and dropped off some flowers as was first chance I'd had - certainly no sign of it being removed yet. i'd like to think the club will announce before it is removed.

There was something incredibly moving about being there later on in the evening. It was quiet and calm and the plaza really is quite special in the dark, with the tributes laid out in right behind the Hearts badge. Very special place and the tributes are amazing.

Would love to go over myself and pay tribute but not possible at the moment.

The biggest tribute we can pay is by lifting that cup on the 20th of December.

Went along to the main stand last night for a look, really hit home, had a tear in my eye as I left, some beautiful reefs and messages, rip zal.

Yup it really has to be when crowds are back as gate receipts will probably make the bulk of any money raised. 

Would love to see some of the Lithuanian players and Ivanauskas involved with it if/when it happens.