****The Ophishial Arbroath V Hearts Matchday Fred****

Pans Jambo

Kidd’s Boots

3 points and convincing performance will do fine. I hope that RN has been using 2 parked buses at Riccarton this week in training, after last weeks lesson, I can't see them engaging in an open expansive game.... 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• Greedy Jambo

• iantjambo

20 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

I’ve never understood why anybody would want to describe upcoming opponents as a “pub team”. How about “serious professional footballers who happen to be part timers”?

A club that assisted in our expulsion from the SPFL and one that given its status has far too much say. In my opinion they are a pub team, nothing more than a glorified Junior Team. Indicative of the current state of Scottish football. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

I like this a lot. Get Haring and Halliday ready for halloween 

They got a big night guising planned? 

🎃😂

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

They got a big night guising planned? 

🎃😂

They can come round mine and dook for apples if they beat the shite

Bazzas right boot

If we score early, we will go on a d win comfortably. 

Some games will be tight tho, patience will be required. Friday night might be one of those nights, we'll find out more about the team imo if we can win the tight away games as opposed to messing teams before ht at home. 

0-2 us. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

3 points and no injuries will do me.

I expect us to dictate most of the play but we could struggle to break them down. Its either going to be a big win 4/5-0 or a hard worked 1-0.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

This game will tell us a lot about the players mental attitude.

It would be easy to be up for the scumdee game. 

First game of the season, against one of our main challengers, who had shafted us big time and at Tynecastle (even though it was BCD).

Very different story at a crappy wee ground in poor conditions against a small unfancied team who will be focused on damage limitation.

This is where the players will have to get stuck in and not think they just need to turn up 

Agree 100%

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

They can come round mine and dook for apples if they beat the shite

They can dook my wife if they win that game. 

They can even dook me. 

7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

They can dook my wife if they win that game. 

They can even dook me. 

Double Dooker - that's quite an offer     :robboyas:

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Double Dooker - that's quite an offer     :robboyas:

Double dooker😂

Sub4TiddlerMurray
35 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Gordon

Smith Halkett Popescu Kingsley 

Haring Halliday

Ginnelly      Walker          Roberts 

Boyce

Astonishes me that you left out Lee, who was directly involved in 4 of our 6 goals against Dundee. Also, Haring won't start. 

2 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Astonishes me that you left out Lee, who was directly involved in 4 of our 6 goals against Dundee. Also, Haring won't start. 

Why won’t Haring start. What’s the difference between starting against Raith or Arbroath?

Sub4TiddlerMurray
Just now, GinRummy said:

Why won’t Haring start. What’s the difference between starting against Raith or Arbroath?

RN said today that he's not quite ready to start

Just now, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

RN said today that he's not quite ready to start

Thanks. On your previous post I agree Lee should and will start. Not a huge fan of his but has to start. 

1 hour ago, BigAlim said:

I'd argue that it would be more beneficial to have our full team for the semi play in this match

Good point.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Thanks. On your previous post I agree Lee should and will start. Not a huge fan of his but has to start. 

Cheers GR. We all have our favs and I'ma big fan of Lee. No coincidence IMHO that we we had our best spell last year when he was regularly in the team. 

14 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Haring and Halliday will be the first choice midfield. They need match fitness. I think Haring will start. 

18 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Think that will be the team apart from as you say Lee starting with Haring on the bench. 

steinbeckjambo1874

Don't know what the weather is due to be like, but could be tough conditions.

Think they don't have a plastic pitch (?) so that will suit us but expect Arbroath will be set up to defend and hit us on the break particularly if we push up high. 

Can't see us running 6 in again, although would be delighted to be proved wrong!

Tough team to break down if they get organised better than Dundee (not that hard tbh...).

2-0 Hearts

Edited by steinbeckjambo1874

4 minutes ago, steinbeckjambo1874 said:

Don't know what the weather is due to be like, but could be tough conditions.

Think they don't have a plastic pitch (?) so that will suit us but expect Arbroath will be set up to defend and hit us on the break particularly if we push up high. 

Can't see us running 6 in again, although would be delighted to be proved wrong!

Tough team to break down if they get organised better than Dundee (not that hard tbh...).

2-0 Hearts

need to take the tide into account as well at that ground :lol: 

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Pretty nice night for Arbroath. 

Only problem is that it's the BBC weather forecast, if that is correct it will be lucky guess.

Looking at the forecast for saturday its to be wet and windy so it will be a harder game than we thought guys.

Horatio Caine
Just now, grumpyespana said:

Looking at the forecast for saturday its to be wet and windy so it will be a harder game than we thought guys.

Is the match being played on Saturday now?  Must have missed that.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Kidd’s Boots said:

3 points and convincing performance will do fine. I hope that RN has been using 2 parked buses at Riccarton this week in training, after last weeks lesson, I can't see them engaging in an open expansive game.... 

And practicing corners and free kicks. Dead balls could be our best chance of scoring if they do park the bus.

3 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

It will be interesting to see if Robbie has the semi-final on his mind with his selection, we might see some regular starters on the bench.

Other way round I'd think mate, getting out of this league is top priority, cups are a bonus.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Think will be a bit tougher than we hope. They will have 11 behind the ball, until we score, An early goal I think we go score a 5/6.

Suspect they tough it out for a bit and we win by a 2/3 goals. 

Think scoring early will be important for us this season to draw other teams out and enable us to take advantage of having better players, 

Definfitely, most teams will go out hoping for a point. Then if we score a couple they'll focus on avoiding a doing.

26 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Is the match being played on Saturday now?  Must have missed that.

Oops just had a senior moment Horatio lol

Tom Hardy’s Dug

We need Naismith and Halliday to get minutes on the clock IMO so can see them starting.

Haring to get 35 mins or so.

Did he not play a full 90 in the Betfred?

2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

We need Naismith and Halliday to get minutes on the clock IMO so can see them starting.

Haring to get 35 mins or so.

Did he not play a full 90 in the Betfred?

He did.   Reckon Haring will do an hour min and Halliday perhaps the same.  They need to get their sharpness up and van see them both playing a significant amount of time next Saturday.     Irvine and Lee against stringer teams gives me the fear.   Think Naismith will start tomorrow but not sure we'll see the best of him for a few weeks yet. 

Wighton (aged 17) scored a hat-trick and set up the other 2 goals in this game at Gayfield 6 years ago. Dundee Development team often played their home games there. 

42 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Sorry, Nooks.  :sad: 

I was having such a good night too.

Please, don’t let me stifle your creative juices 👍🏻

6 hours ago, Class of 75 said:

A club that assisted in our expulsion from the SPFL and one that given its status has far too much say. In my opinion they are a pub team, nothing more than a glorified Junior Team. Indicative of the current state of Scottish football. 

This....times a billion.

37-0.  That would really annoy the SFA historians.  Do Bon Accord still sell juice?

7 hours ago, russ said:

Will this game be in Hearts TV or only BBC Scotland. 

On Hearts TV, but only if you have International subscription.

3 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Right......I’m up now.......it’s clobbering time

Shopping for refreshments first. Might get some half time pies in as well.