****The Ophishial Arbroath V Hearts Matchday Fred****

Pans Jambo

Bazzas right boot
23 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

I happen to think that missing Naismith is impacting on the flow of the side

Of course not having the wide players did not help last night but for me Naismith and even Haring playing would strengthen the side as might Irving

The thing is, as I think we’ll see guys like Haring, Naismith and Boyce are big game players. 

Hopefully Wighton has confidence in himself now to go forward, but imo it's no coincidence that Wighton is playing well while there are no fans in the stadium and we are at a lower level. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• Greedy Jambo

• iantjambo

31 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Forgot to mention this earlier..........did anyone catch the Arbroath manager’s interview before the game when asked about how Covid is effecting the game?  His reply was something along the lines of “it will effect hearts more as they have 5,000 fans” (or something similar), my response was eh!! Wtf is he talking about......he then went off on some bumbling rant about something else completely different and, his answer about Covid was not followed up.  He’s not actually very good at facing a camera during an interview, from what I have seen last night and previous, he has about 2 lines prepared, the rest is cuffed hence his time in front of camera is always short.......but hey, according to everyone interviewed last night, he’s a legend in management of football clubs.  Managed shit as far as I can tell but, I suppose shit is a word not allowed to be used in an interview.......unless it’s vermin related.

Interesting that the BBC pundits were falling over themselves to say what a great manager he was etc. Which begs the obvious question is why he came over like a slavering buffoon.

2 hours ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

Wighton should be starting games, because Boyce doesn't look like scoring, unless its a penalty. He's totally lost it, after his display tonight.

Diddie Dodds said Boyce will score at least 20 or more this season. He’ll be lucky if he gets into double figures. Definitely not suitable for leading the attack. I don’t think Wighton is either.

33 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Diddie Dodds said Boyce will score at least 20 or more this season. He’ll be lucky if he gets into double figures. Definitely not suitable for leading the attack. I don’t think Wighton is either.

he's managed over 20 in the top league twice whilst playing for cannon fodder. He'll do absolutely fine

It was a relief when the final whistle went last night. Very uncomfortable to watch and they probably should've got something out of the game. When we did eventually get the goal my reaction was "thank fork we've actually scored against part-timers who've probably been at work today!" Then it was "only a matter of time before Neilson does his usual and makes a substitution to defend what he's got instead of trying to create another goal" Walker looked knackered and I thought Naismith should've been brought on to replace him. Thought the passing was pretty poor, a lot of it not reaching it's intended target and a lack of movement. Got extremely lucky with a deflection in the dying minutes that could've went anywhere. Even Gordon thought it was heading in. It's three points but the passing/reading of the game has to improve vastly against teams like that. There were times in the last few minutes where all we had to do was hold on to the ball and run the clock down. The amount of stray passes was infuriating and we just managed to get away with it.

Anyway, onto this joke of a semi next week. I'm more interested in the next league game to be honest. No idea who we play or even if it's at home but either way, there's still a lot to work that needs looked at at training.

17 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Yep. Being grammatically accurate is the mark of an intelligent person. 

These planks that use 'of' instead of 'have' are an utter embarrassment.

Many years ago I got an 'A' Grade for my English Higher; something I brag about to this day. Note the use of the semi colon there.

These clowns wouldn't even get a Complimentary 'O' Level. 

Anyway,

:fth:

All I’m saying about the bits in bold are....

Me too.  :greggy: 

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, jambonian said:

It was a relief when the final whistle went last night. Very uncomfortable to watch and they probably should've got something out of the game. When we did eventually get the goal my reaction was "thank fork we've actually scored against part-timers who've probably been at work today!" Then it was "only a matter of time before Neilson does his usual and makes a substitution to defend what he's got instead of trying to create another goal" Walker looked knackered and I thought Naismith should've been brought on to replace him. Thought the passing was pretty poor, a lot of it not reaching it's intended target and a lack of movement. Got extremely lucky with a deflection in the dying minutes that could've went anywhere. Even Gordon thought it was heading in. It's three points but the passing/reading of the game has to improve vastly against teams like that. There were times in the last few minutes where all we had to do was hold on to the ball and run the clock down. The amount of stray passes was infuriating and we just managed to get away with it.

Anyway, onto this joke of a semi next week. I'm more interested in the next league game to be honest. No idea who we play or even if it's at home but either way, there's still a lot to work that needs looked at at training.

I agree with your last paragraph. Last season's Cup is an unnecessary distraction. The season should have been called not just the league. 

But of course Celtic need to have a go at their quadruple treble or whatever it now is.

I would play an U-18 team in  the semi.

Just now, Francis Albert said:

I agree with your last paragraph. Last season's Cup is an unnecessary distraction. The season should have been called not just the league. 

But of course Celtic need to have a go at their quadruple treble or whatever it now is.

I would play an U-18 team in  the semi.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if they haven't already engraved Celtic's name into the trophy. Won't matter who they play. The set-up within the corridors of power will be in contact with the Refs association to make sure it happens. 

4 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Of course not having the wide players did not help last night but for me Naismith and even Haring playing would strengthen the side as might Irving

I find it strange while we were struggling last night and didn't score until the 70th min there was no sign of Naismith coming off the bench to help the situation. 😏

been here before
5 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Cant be ersed checking though someone will know, but I imagine we must have played more games with Naismith out the side in his time here than with him in it.

Seems to me playing without Naismith is the norm and shouldnt be disrupting the team much.

Weakened Offender
8 hours ago, E3OBE said:

With neither Roberts / Ginnelly we’ll

be feeding off scraps and hitting an hoping.

Nurse! 

Pasquale for King
7 hours ago, Dallas Green said:

Robbie said the reason for the long balls was the pitch was really heavy. It is difficult to get a passing game going on such a sticky, heavy pitch. 

He did say that but the evidence was there for all to see that there was nothing wrong with pitch. 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, jambonian said:

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if they haven't already engraved Celtic's name into the trophy. Won't matter who they play. The set-up within the corridors of power will be in contact with the Refs association to make sure it happens. 

You think they need to remind them?

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He did say that but the evidence was there for all to see that there was nothing wrong with pitch. 

We should probably trust the word of someone who actually stepped on it, no?

On 23/10/2020 at 00:15, Nookie Bear said:

Please, don’t let me stifle your creative juices 👍🏻

:oohmatron: 

6 hours ago, jambonian said:

This post says it all.....again.

3 hours ago, been here before said:

Cant be ersed checking though someone will know, but I imagine we must have played more games with Naismith out the side in his time here than with him in it.

Seems to me playing without Naismith is the norm and shouldnt be disrupting the team much.

I think it will be close.

6 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

After today's reults let's hope the league isn't called in the next couple of weeks!

Next Saturday, if Raith and Dunfermline lose, we could go top of the league whilst dumping h1b5 out the cup. 

9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don't agree. You could see the ball rolled slower and even some of our faster players looked sluggish to start. We started the game trying to pass about but it wasn't working, hence why Robbie said he changed it to two up top and more direct. For me, the evidence was there that it was a heavy pitch.

Ex member of the SaS
16 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

After today's reults let's hope the league isn't called in the next couple of weeks!

Missing a game next week will put us even further behind. We need to win games by bigger margins and hope Dunfy and RR fall away. The longer the league stays like this the more likely they will call it sooner rather than later. ( I full expect them to have it in for us as they did for Levein during his spat. ) 

1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Missing a game next week will put us even further behind. We need to win games by bigger margins and hope Dunfy and RR fall away. The longer the league stays like this the more likely they will call it sooner rather than later. ( I full expect them to have it in for us as they did for Levein during his spat. ) 

Missing a game is fine if the leagues are called as per last season using PPG, as we would still be on full points.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Dallas Green said:

I don't agree. You could see the ball rolled slower and even some of our faster players looked sluggish to start. We started the game trying to pass about but it wasn't working, hence why Robbie said he changed it to two up top and more direct. For me, the evidence was there that it was a heavy pitch.

Aidy White seemed quick enough. Michael Smith didn’t mention it afterwards. If it was so heavy and sticky maybe he should’ve started with those tactics or been prepared for them as he seemed to know everything else about them.  This was the best time to play them there, the weather was fine and the pitch won’t get any better. We were poor and his experience of these places should be helping us do better when we come up against them, not just accept it and make excuses. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

You’re right, but if they call it sooner there’s unlikely to be relegation if it’s not as many games as last season and we’re stuck. It’s unlikely due to Sky wanting their money back, this season will have to be played out until May unless the SG stops it, whether its played in full is another thing. 

4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Aidy White seemed quick enough. Michael Smith didn’t mention it afterwards. If it was so heavy and sticky maybe he should’ve started with those tactics or been prepared for them as he seemed to know everything else about them.  This was the best time to play them there, the weather was fine and the pitch won’t get any better. We were poor and his experience of these places should be helping us do better when we come up against them, not just accept it and make excuses. 

I'm not going to get worried about getting 3 points at a ground that plays as it does and from a team with the 3rd best defensive record in Scotland. 

Last time we were in this division we had to grind out results. Same as it will be this season.

Ginelly going off injured, so early, Roberts not listed and Frear having a mare meant that Robbie had to use White and Wighton as wide players.  

Gayfield is not an easy ground to play on, but came away with 3pts.  Next week is a different arena and surface.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Dallas Green said:

I'm not going to get worried about getting 3 points at a ground that plays as it does and from a team with the 3rd best defensive record in Scotland. 

Last time we were in this division we had to grind out results. Same as it will be this season.

You would think Neilson would know that his United team had the third best record of goals against and home record 22&10 compared to their 26&11 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😆?
Yes we ground out results, and yes they have a good record at this level defensively but I would’ve hoped Neilson would’ve worked out how to play a bit better against them. 
Glad I didn’t pay extra to watch it. 

Onwards and upwards. 

King Of The Cat Cafe
8 hours ago, Dallas Green said:

But we are only third in the table!

Where can I hire an aeroplane?

Some additional goals to the away team would've been nice but still a win and way better than EPL, Serie A and La Liga combined.

Scottie Wanshot.
On 24/10/2020 at 14:51, OldGorgie said:

well as long as he can score, I think we need a really  new up and coming striker.