• Beast Boy

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Bazzas right boot

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

😂😂

Shocker.

This lad has changed, made some posts around pre season on him and since,

I will guarantee he has suitors with some money if he continues scoring at his present ratio.

Hearts handed him it on a platter., yeah i know how it reads.

He is fine dining.

10/10

3 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Shocker.

This lad has changed, made some posts around pre season on him and since,

I will guarantee he has suitors with some money if he continues scoring at his present ratio.

Hearts handed him it on a platter., yeah i know how it reads.

He is fine dining.

10/10

You come out with some random stuff like , he's fine dining? 😂

He's improved, i'll give you that, but that wouldn't be hard on his previous seasons. 

Is he going to keep improving to do a job in the premiership? I have my doubts. 

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, Greedy Jambo said:

You come out with some random stuff like , he's fine dining? 😂

He's improved, i'll give you that, but that wouldn't be hard on his previous seasons. 

Is he going to keep improving to do a job in the premiership? I have my doubts. 

He may well end up Shighton again.

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Dropped him after a hat trick earlier in the season. Can’t do it again imo. 

Definitely can’t do it again ... he only scored two after all!

He's done well this season. However in the biggest moment probably in his career he absolutely folded.. That's when big players step up..

2 minutes ago, RussAsia said:

He's done well this season. However in the biggest moment probably in his career he absolutely folded.. That's when big players step up..

Aye, just like Baggio.

Just now, Swanny17 said:

Aye, just like Baggio.

Baggio went for top corner. Wighton half hit it not even top corner.. He could have got lucky and the keeper went the wrong way but it was a half hit penalty which you couldn't say Baggio's was.

21 minutes ago, SevenTay said:

Scorers.png

Those don’t include the Scottish Cup goals. 

Boyce is on 7 goals, Wighton is on 7 goals, Kingsley is on 5 and Ginnelly is on 3. 

7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

In terms of all round play, compared to say Shankland, he'll be close to the media calling for a Scotland call up.

Criag Wighton is nowhere near good enough to play for Scotland and never will be.

Had a good season so far which is probably about his level.

We should be looking for better next season.

Edited by Chaps

Just now, Chaps said:

Criag Whighton is nowhere near good enough to play for Scotland and never will be.

Neither is Shankland which is partly my point. 

9 minutes ago, RussAsia said:

Baggio went for top corner. Wighton half hit it not even top corner.. He could have got lucky and the keeper went the wrong way but it was a half hit penalty which you couldn't say Baggio's was.

Hi hit it pretty well, just telegraphed it first and at the ideal height for a diving goalkeeper. It was Kingsley that half-hit his.

4 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Criag Wighton is nowhere near good enough to play for Scotland and never will be.

He is still young enough to improve so I don't think you can reasonablty say that. We need another striker next year anyway but I think he can play his part in the squad.

Just now, tcjambo said:

Hi hit it pretty well, just telegraphed it first and at the ideal height for a diving goalkeeper. It was Kingsley that half-hit his.

I agree Kingsley half hit his too.. They were both poor penalties when we needed to score after Celtic missed theirs. The only excuse I'd say for Kingsley was he'd played the full 120 minutes. Either way massively disappointing.

Wighton was excellent when he came on today as was Naismith. 

Two excellent goals and a very good assist. 

He looked sharp and hungry and got his rewards. 

Pasquale for King

If he keeps this up he might well get another contract, which is a huge turnaround. 
Hope he starts up front with Boyce on Tuesday and they both keep hitting the net. 

been here before
33 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Aye, just like Baggio.

Baggio, Shevchenko, Waddle, Van Basten, Southgate, Treseguet, Jason Cummings.

Edited by been here before

36 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Can only be used in a front two. Wide right is a waste of time. 

59 minutes ago, RussAsia said:

So Baggio’s miss was better than Wighton’s? They both missed, as have you with my point. 👍

51 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Those don’t include the Scottish Cup goals. 

Boyce is on 7 goals, Wighton is on 7 goals, Kingsley is on 5 and Ginnelly is on 3. 

You are correct but the Scottish Cup goals don't count as they were scored in last season's competition. It states along the bottom that it is only the current season.

32 minutes ago, been here before said:

😂😂😂 👍👍👍

12 minutes ago, SevenTay said:

You are correct but the Scottish Cup goals don't count as they were scored in last season's competition. It states along the bottom that it is only the current season.

Yes but they’re valid when it comes to assessing the form of the players. 

Made a huge difference when he came on today imo. Bit disappointed he wasn't after that free kick at the end to try bag his hat trick, think his lack of arrogance is what holds him back with his confidence. 

alwaysthereinspirit
27 minutes ago, Selkirk_Jambo said:

Contract ends at the end of May. Needs an extension imo. 

Not even worth discussing. The club will be torn to shreds on here if we extend him right now.

I agree though. Even if it’s only as a squad member. Reminds me a lot of Willie Gibson. 

I think missing a pen in a final is as bad as it gets for a player, although getting pumped 5-1 in a final may be worse.

Kinda like getting rejected off a lassie when your young, it's shite at the time but you discover the world doesn't end and you ask another one out 

Hopefully he plays with no fear now that that's happened to him and we will see the best of him, seeing him succeed at Hearts would make me ecstatic 

Go on yourself Craig!!!

Edited by Longbaws

19 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Not even worth discussing. The club will be torn to shreds on here if we extend him right now.

I agree though. Even if it’s only as a squad member. Reminds me a lot of Willie Gibson. 

I've thought that all along. He runs like him and has his demeanor as well as a bit of Osman Sow thrown in, however, I am also seeing a football brain and ability that has me thinking I am watching something special. 

3 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

And fair play to the manager for immediately making changes when they scored their 2nd

Another great performance from him today. We looked much more dangerous with him on the park. It's strange as I probably wouldn't want to start him up top on his own as it works well with Boyce partnering him up front.

I would start them both on Tuesday and hopefully they can keep up the partnership.

He's having an excellent season.  Scoring goals, getting involved and you couldn't really ask for much more of him. 

Glad for him because he seems like a good lad

Hackney Hearts
5 hours ago, been here before said:

Diana Ross.

StirlingJambo

To much people have written him of from performances under Levein, where he never started and was played out of position when subbed on to hoofball tactics. 

Wighton has scored some good goals so far. The two tonight were composed as was the lobbed winner against Arbroath. Both contributions giving us maximum points.

I’d play him up top with Boyce from now on as it’s harder for teams to defend when they’re just sitting in all game. If he keeps scoring and turning in good performances give him an extension year and see if he can continue form into the top league.

Craig Wighton is definitely worth a new contract and is improving all the time.

I was also surprised to read that Wighton is actually several months younger than Kevin Nisbet of Hibs.

A_A wehatethehibs

Incredible turnaround full credit to firstly the player himself but secondly to the manager and coaching staff who have helped to sharpen his cutting edge. It looks like his loan to Arbroath was the wake up call, he went there and knocked in a couple, now he’s found himself playing in the same division with a much bigger club. This is his opportunity and he is taking it. 

Throughout the tribulations, some of us always said that Wighton was still young. Even now he’s only 23, seen plenty of players start their rise at that sort of age. Can take time for a young player to up his game to be consistent at senior level. He has 35 caps at various age group levels from U15 to U21 which Hearts fans are totally unaware of because it was before his time with us, but it tells you there has to be ability there. And the reports were always there about how good he was in training. 

He has IMO already done enough to warrant a contract extension. And also despite his penalty miss, the fans are now supporting him because we see the effort, fight and desire he is showing. Not to mention some very good technical goals which, if he can do that in the premiership in a Hearts shirt, with the crowds back in the grounds, he can put himself right up there in the queue to start thinking about senior caps which is a mind blowing thought. But the lad is at an age where he can still rise and achieve anything. 

And also he is a lesson for fans about patience with a young 21 or 22 year old footballer who’s stepped in to a jersey that was too big for him. Give him time to grow into it.