• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• rudi must stay

• Riddley Walker

Subbed off at 80 mins to a great reception (not sure what the Italian rules for fans in the stadium are but there seems to be a few hundred at least), he looks absolutely knackered! Cracking debut though, hopefully done enough to keep his place.

Edited by Jamboross

Well done Aaron, great debut. Lots of positives and Bologna have a steal at £1.5M. Hope we have a sell on clause. Now that he’s gone off, I can switch over to the Liverpool game. 

Edited by Saughton Jambo

8 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Hickey feeling at home with a clown of a keeper behind him

I think the Parma attacker had time to swipe his entry card before walking past the Bologna Center halfs.

3 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

He's made some cracking runs.

Team mates not fully confident in playing him through just yet, it seems.

The senior players are protecting him really well. Always offering a pass and stepping in if it looks like he's in trouble, which he rarely was. He strolled it anyway but it's been a good team performance. 

Yeah he looked good for his debut, delighted.  Hope he plays next Sunday.  Looks like Denswil has taken his place on the subs.

Edited by HMFC01

William H. Bonney
3 minutes ago, Jamboross said:

Subbed off at 80 mins to a great reception (not sure what the Italian rules for fans in the stadium are but there seems to be a few hundred at least), he looks absolutely knackered! Cracking debut though, hopefully done enough to keep his place.

1000 fans I think. 

4 minutes ago, Jamboross said:

Looked like they had restricted numbers in but they were all in the same section. 🙂

Good debut from him.  Looking to bomb forward at every opportunity.  The passes into him will come once his new team mates realise what he is capable of.  Looked knackered as he was coming off.  Hopefully he will keep his place.

1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

Hope there isn't a thread every time he plays. Just another member of a long cast list that has deserted us 

I've just started reading this thread, and I know others are going to have commented on it, but "deserted us". :rofl:

You may as well add me to your "JKB members who are against me" list. Drama queen.

Really enjoyed watching that. Hickey looked totally at home, bombing up and down the pitch all night, always looking for the ball and composed in possession. A couple of times defensively he got beaten for pace and the winger put a cross in. But that aside it was a really impressive debut. Got his chance and grabbed it.

14 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

The senior players are protecting him really well. Always offering a pass and stepping in if it looks like he's in trouble, which he rarely was. He strolled it anyway but it's been a good team performance. 

👍

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

It's a joke he's not even been in a Scotland U21 squad yet. Everything that's wrong with our national set up right there.

Now he's left Hearts he'll never be out of the Scotland set up either full squad or U23's.

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

This is from a senior reporter at UEFA 

This is from the Athletic's Serie A reporter (used to be on Guardian's Football Weekly.)

Gorgie Boot boy

Just watched the match, Hickey had a great first half. Good all round game. Bologna have work to do in some areas. Hickey did well. 8/10 .

22 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I've just started reading this thread, and I know others are going to have commented on it, but "deserted us". :rofl:

You may as well add me to your "JKB members who are against me" list. Drama queen.

Roaster! (Allegedly!)

jamboinglasgow

A great debut. For a player whose last competitive game was in March, has moved a new country, playing in a much better league, where there is a new language to learn, to look as natural as he did was fantastic.

Pasquale for King
36 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

They have VAR in Sirie A? Thought that was soft Edit: Question answered on the stream

They’ve had it for three years, not sure if there’s been as much of a hoo ha as in England. 

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They’ve had it for three years, not sure if there’s been as much of a hoo ha as in England. 

They went through a period of horrendous hand ball decisions funnily enough

2 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Hope there isn't a thread every time he plays. Just another member of a long cast list that has deserted us 

Miserable bugger!

Watched the match on my phone on live scores app, the app is covering Serie A this season btw for anyone who didn’t know and wants to watch some games and keep an eye on young Hickey (obviously this doesn’t apply to you rudi must stay), what a debut he had, looked calm and composed and looked like he had played in that league/team for years, proud of the lad. Looking forward to seeing his career develop over the years. Well played young man 👏🏻 👏🏻👏🏻

Edited by jamtartan74

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Bit harsh, can’t begrudge a young working class lad the chance to be the 4th Scot ever to play in Serie A instead of a tin pot league might be lucky to start or finish. Whilst becoming a millionaire, and making us over a million for starters.
If he had went to Celtic you may have a point though 😜

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Gone said:

They went through a period of horrendous hand ball decisions funnily enough

Hahahahaha, I’ve seen Juventus get some  dodgy penalties but what’s new. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Watched the match on my phone on live scores app, the app is covering Seria A this season btw for anyone who didn’t know and wants to watch some games and keep an eye on young Hickey (obviously this doesn’t apply to you rudi must stay), what a debut he had, looked calm and composed and looked like he had played in that league/team for years, proud of the lad. Looking forward to seeing his career develop over the years. Well played young man 👏🏻 👏🏻👏🏻

I look at the site to see what’s on, is the app free?

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

I look at the site to see what’s on, is the app free?

Yes the app is free, u get crystal clear pictures no buffering with commentary, recommend it 👍🏻

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Yes the app is free, u get crystal clear pictures no buffering with commentary, recommend it 👍🏻

Cheers ta 👍🏽

Perth to Paisley
47 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

This is from a senior reporter at UEFA 

I thought it was Paulo Maldini when I saw it as Paulo M!!

Guest ToqueJambo

And Celtic didn't think he was worth £1.5m 🤣 Got £25m for Tierney and have the perfect ready made replacement with equal potential on their doorstep, and he's a Celtic fan. But, nah, we can't be giving big fees to other Scottish teams. Let's spend 500k on Greg Taylor and 5m on someone from abroad no-one's heard of instead. 

Hickey now added to a list that includes Robertson, McCarthy and McGinn. Celtic's recruitment policy is so bizarre. 

Edited by ToqueJambo