**** Official Premiership Hickey Thread ( merged ) ****

Perth to Paisley

No Idle Talk

If the actual amount we are receiving is only a few hundred thousand, that is really pretty disappointing.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Perth to Paisley

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

58 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

If the actual amount we are receiving is only a few hundred thousand, that is really pretty disappointing.

How could we have forced them to pay more?

Spellczech
23 minutes ago, troonmaroon said:

JJ 'negotiated' the deal... 

Finally making the money back that he wasted on Petric! Haha

2 hours ago, mre said:

Will the sum received be published in year end financial report? 

I suspect it will be included in transfer income, with any other transfer fee's we receive. 

Edited by SUTOL

If its a 6 figure amount and that is 900,000 that is brutal.  I suspect it might be lower but i really hope it's all bull and we have at least 20% to come otherwise we are as useless as united with their handling of neilson

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

So the papers say.  Just as the new hibs player from Bristol was wanted by Newcastle and Man City and would be a coup for rangers or celtic.

Hickey had a year left, wanted to go to Italy and they offered £1.5m.  If instead of leaving for peanuts the following year we accept that and a fixed fee if sold for more then I can see why the club would go with it.

Yeah, all the power is with the player. 

If he'd signed an extension for a year or 2 he would still have moved but we'd have got a figure closer to Ramseys at Aberdeen. 

Really depending on the player to do the club a favour. 

Paterson and Souttar ran down contracts as well. 

Fair play to them but from our point of view - it's shite. 

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, savage said:

If its a 6 figure amount and that is 900,000 that is brutal.  I suspect it might be lower but i really hope it's all bull and we have at least 20% to come otherwise we are as useless as united with their handling of neilson

We'd have got over £2m for a player that we picked up for nothing, who wanted to move, was entering his last year of his contract and who had played1 season with us. 

It could have been better, but over £2m is hardly brutal or useless. 

Souttar / Paterson pissing of for nothing is brutal. 

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Yeah, all the power is with the player. 

If he'd signed an extension for a year or 2 he would still have moved but we'd have got a figure closer to Ramseys at Aberdeen. 

Really depending on the player to do the club a favour. 

Paterson and Souttar ran down contracts as well. 

Fair play to them but from our point of view - it's shite. 

Yep spot on.  Hindsight says we should have offered a new deal when good enough to start the cup final but whats done is done.

Bologna was where he wanted to go as they promised opportunities couldn't really say no. 

Bazzas right boot
30 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

We couldn't. 

Folk are struggling with this tho. 

Pasquale for King
37 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

We couldn’t, but a better negotiator might taken a slight gamble and said we will take less of a fee (less for Celtic) and a bigger sell on percentage?
I would expect Savage would’ve done that type of thing. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

We couldn’t, but a better negotiator might taken a slight gamble and said we will take less of a fee (less for Celtic) and a bigger sell on percentage?
I would expect Savage would’ve done that type of thing. 

And if Bologna didn't want to pay a % ?

Sepp's Bladder
2 hours ago, Humblerogue said:

His dad/agent  probably would have let Bologna know they were the only serious bid on the table. We were on our knees financially so it doesn’t matter. If it was now it would be different.

Doubtful as this would put them in a poor position negotiating the contract…

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

then don’t sell him to Bologna 

Malinga the Swinga

Some folk either acting daft or really need help. We took the only deal on table that Hickey would accept. 

The alternative was hold him for year and lose for nothing.

End of story.

Percival King
3 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Absolutely no one on here or in media has the slightest clue about the sell on fee Hearts negotiated for Hickey.

It still doesn't stop the desperate from claiming to be in the know regarding details though.

The board, Savage and Neilson (maybe) will know but other than them, it's absolutely right as it is confidential.

Wish everyone else would just shut the **** up about what they've heard and how badly we've done compared to every other club because it's all just make believe and lies.

Disappointing as it might be to lots of us, I think you're spot on. We can rewind 2 years and there were plenty of folk who thought they were in the know about how the season that never ended would be concluded and plenty of them were wrong.

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

You think they would’ve balked at having to possibly pay half the fee they did? As I said we couldn’t force them to do anything, but a better negotiator would’ve played up the links with Man City and Bayern. Look at how Jorge Mendes used Man City to con Utd into buying Ronaldo again. It’s how it works, if it is a flat fee we definitely got the the thin end of the wedge. 

12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You think they would’ve balked at having to possibly pay half the fee they did? As I said we couldn’t force them to do anything, but a better negotiator would’ve played up the links with Man City and Bayern. Look at how Jorge Mendes used Man City to con Utd into buying Ronaldo again. It’s how it works, if it is a flat fee we definitely got the the thin end of the wedge. 

Sorry, I didn't realise you were there and were party to the negotiations.

You surely know then how much the sell on is, why not share it? 

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

Hahahahaha I’m just speculating on how these negotiations could’ve went, I’m sure we will find out soon enough. 

No Idle Talk
2 hours ago, SUTOL said:

Negotiate harder? 🤷‍♂️

If Hickey ever moved on from Bologna to a bigger club or a wealthier league then it was always going to be for millions of pounds. Given the potential the lad had, that didn't seem like an unlikely outcome. I would have hoped that we would have managed to get at least a 10% sell on clause inserted into the deal.

Just my feeling on it.

At this point I don't even know for a fact what we are getting. I was just responding to what a few other posters were speculating on the situation being.

part_time_jambo

Serie A to Brentford? I know they are in the Premier League, but it's Brentford. Hope he knows what he's doing.

highlandjambo3
18 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

Serie A to Brentford? I know they are in the Premier League, but it's Brentford. Hope he knows what he's doing.

Platform for one of the top EPL teams I’d imagine but, he’s going to have to have a decent season or two which of course will require the help of his new team mates…….the risk is they go south…..so does he.

Edited by highlandjambo3

3 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Platform for one of the top EPL teams I’d imagine but, he’s going to have to have a decent season or two which of course will require the help of his new team mates…….the risk is they go south…..so does he.

Robertson moved to Hull before Liverpool 

I'd imagine Hickey sees them as a stepping stone 

highlandjambo3
1 minute ago, Spookie said:

Robertson moved to Hull before Liverpool 

I'd imagine Hickey sees them as a stepping stone 

Yes there is exceptions to the rule…..Robertson managed to remain a standout…..if Brentford turn into dog shit Hickey may get swallowed up in the quagmire unseen.

Famous 1874

We’ve shagged it if it actually is a 6 figure fee. I reckon the EEN have got that wrong though and that it is a sell on fee. 

Francis Albert
44 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

So do I. Another season with Bologna might have been better but maybe Bologna wanted to cash in. It is a risk if Brentford struggle next season. But if he contributed to another good season for them then he will get a bigger club in the EPL. Anyway good luck to him. He has already demonstrated that for Scottish talent there is a big world outside the OF.

i wish jj was my dad
3 hours ago, SUTOL said:

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

Can we just agree that Levein is the villain of the piece? Will save a lot of time. 

23 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Can we just agree that Levein is the villain of the piece? Will save a lot of time. 

A few people have said it was Jim Jefferies who did the deal. 

i wish jj was my dad
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

A few people have said it was Jim Jefferies who did the deal. 

I don't know who did the deal. Whatever happens we have made a few bob out of a laddie who has no real attachment to the club. 

I wish him well but find it tiresome and predictable that it can be turned into a negative and somehow Levein gets brought into it. 

cosanostra

£150k?? :rofl:

That's absolutely ****ing dismal if so. How the hell did we manage to get that so badly wrong.

The EEN headline says "sell on fee explained" but there's no explanation.

We'll probably find out eventually what went on but that is incredibly disappointing if true.

queensferryjambo
2 hours ago, cosanostra said:

£150k?? :rofl:

That's absolutely ****ing dismal if so. How the hell did we manage to get that so badly wrong.

The EEN headline says "sell on fee explained" but there's no explanation.

We'll probably find out eventually what went on but that is incredibly disappointing if true.

I am sure the EEN get their news from here and social media, not sure they actually employ a single reporter who leaves Twitter / Facebook / Kickback / their seat for Hearts news.

I googled 'Aaron Hickey Edinburgh Evening News' and there are multiple articles from June and July. In which they state 'clearly' Hearts are set to get £2M, Hearts are getting a percentage, Hearts are getting a flat fee and Hearts are getting a 6 figure sum.

One of these articles might be right, but clearly all based on speculation and no facts. 

I love how the start of all the articles quote someone from Hearts i.e. Savage then add in at the end some bold statement that isn't actually attributed to anyone trying to make it look like a quote. 

As for the sell on fee explanation, if someone could just make up an explanation please I am sure the EEN will publish it right away :) 

29 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

I am sure the EEN get their news from here and social media, not sure they actually employ a single reporter who leaves Twitter / Facebook / Kickback / their seat for Hearts news.

I googled 'Aaron Hickey Edinburgh Evening News' and there are multiple articles from June and July. In which they state 'clearly' Hearts are set to get £2M, Hearts are getting a percentage, Hearts are getting a flat fee and Hearts are getting a 6 figure sum.

One of these articles might be right, but clearly all based on speculation and no facts. 

I love how the start of all the articles quote someone from Hearts i.e. Savage then add in at the end some bold statement that isn't actually attributed to anyone trying to make it look like a quote. 

As for the sell on fee explanation, if someone could just make up an explanation please I am sure the EEN will publish it right away :) 

Unlikely.

Months ago someone told me that Hearts fans were going to be shocked when details of the sell-on got out. Not sure how reliable that info was but I've been expecting some sort weird twist to happen and now the press are reporting this.

This feels like we're being deliberately kept in the dark and for good reason. The fans will be outraged if we get a tiny amount of a £17m fee.

I don't buy the theory that we don't want other clubs to know that we've just got a substantial windfall so the EEN are helping us out.

The press don't seem to be giving any actual details so we won't get any clarification from them. We're going to have to wait until the AGM or shareholders meeting and someone asks the correct question. 

pettigrewsstylist

150k seems dissapointing if any truth in it. I tend to view that through the circumstances we found ourself in at the time though as opposed to the here and now.

Hickey is the best player to break in to our first team since Gordon and any one at the club who failed to recognise this and organised such a shit sell on has dropped a massive bollock ………… a totally incompetent incompetent episode

Thank fully we now appear to have people who know what they are doing in charge of these things

Imo the Hickey sell on fee is the sigularly most boring topic on this forum. I add nothing by saying this but i need to say it!!

We're going in to this pitch black room to pick up a jelly with a pitchfork. Oh, so are we and if we bump into each other im going to scream.

Sheesh

4 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Unlikely.

Months ago someone told me that Hearts fans were going to be shocked when details of the sell-on got out. Not sure how reliable that info was but I've been expecting some sort weird twist to happen and now the press are reporting this.

This feels like we're being deliberately kept in the dark and for good reason. The fans will be outraged if we get a tiny amount of a £17m fee.

I don't buy the theory that we don't want other clubs to know that we've just got a substantial windfall so the EEN are helping us out.

The press don't seem to be giving any actual details so we won't get any clarification from them. We're going to have to wait until the AGM or shareholders meeting and someone asks the correct question. 

The board just need to front up to the owners (us) with this. They don’t have to disclose every detail but at least get this put to bed. If someone from a previous regime has undersold the deal, fine, let’s get it out in the open and move on and make sure it doesn’t happen again.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised at this stage if all we get is the balance of the original fee that we had to pay Celtic, about £300k or so by all accounts.

Edited by JimmyCant

I wouldn’t trust a word that rag the EEN comes out with.  They have speculated on every possible outcome with regards to sell on fees.   Hopeless publication.

August Landmesser
1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Imo the Hickey sell on fee is the sigularly most boring topic on this forum. 

Just wait until someone suggests using the money to fill in the corners!

FarmerTweedy
21 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

No requirement for a Solidarity payment in the deal as Celtic received this from Hearts via Bologna,you cannot just keep forwarding on development payments on multiple transfers,he was an established 1st team player at Hearts that was partly developed at Celtic.

Tell me you don't know what a solidarity payment is without telling me you don't know what a solidarity payment is.

Fozzyonthefence

Meanwhile Doig set to go to Verona for over £3m!  Wtf?!  He couldn’t lace Hickey’s boots.