All Home games to be streamed for ST Holders

neilnunb

Guest ToqueJambo

So, successfully resolved for most people it seems, which was always the most likely outcome. Is it too much to expect people to hold their fire a bit longer in future and give their own football club the benefit of the doubt until there is more clarity? The accusations of deliberately conning and misleading fans were way OTT.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Beast Boy

• Gorgie Boot boy

3 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

What do you donate a month, champ?

Oh dear 🤭

Is this where I tell you I pay for three pledges (me + 2 kids) and you reply with an amount greater than those combined? 

Enjoy the game, DTD.

The Treasurer
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

So, successfully resolved for most people it seems, which was always the most likely outcome. Is it too much to expect people to hold their fire a bit longer in future and give their own football club the benefit of the doubt until there is more clarity? The accusations of deliberately conning and misleading fans were way OTT.

Too true. Also as has rightly been pointed out, no other club has done anything to compensate their fans 

42 minutes ago, make a noise said:

Would be very interesting to see her personal nett profit/loss at the end of her reign. Definitely wont be as much as people think.

Her loss will probably in the region of what I expected. 

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

👍 As we always knew they were. Wonder what the topic of moaning will be at 9.45 tonight? 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Too true. Also as has rightly been pointed out, no other club has done anything to compensate their fans 

At a cost to the club. Yet no doubt we'll hear complaints from a lot of the same people if our playing budget ends up lower than competitors who haven't done this.

Guest ToqueJambo
7 hours ago, LMc said:

What other club promised 18 home games at their stadium? 

Motherwell I think. Same guarantee as us. Couple more maybe. Hibs ST wording says you're guaranteed a ticket to all home games.

Edited by ToqueJambo

56 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

(Edited)

... Section on retail vouchers says they will be available to be used pre-Christmas and again later in the season at dates to be announced. The section on hospitality vouchers says "in line with the above" ...

Can't see how retail/hospitality vouchers can be settled pre-Christmas as the number of streamed league/cup games are in no way predictable. End of season looks more likely. Administrative hell, methinks. Ach, let's concentrate on tonight's game. I'm just hoping that it all becomes clear in good time for ST holders to press the re-set button when NEXT season's tickets go on sale with all this stuff put to bed. 

Edited by Wee Mikey

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

Probably been covered but I take it there is an option not to claim any refund /credit /vouchers if you are happy to help the club in these difficult times 

Thats where I am. The club needs the money particularly if want to be successful!!! Surely everyone wrote of the ST money when they bought them!

Edited by Independence

19 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I don't think she was deliberately conning or misleading the fans, but she has made a mess of things by not thinking it through.

Again.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Wee Mikey said:

Administrative hell, methinks.

Probably why it took a long time to come up with a solution - lots of moving parts to consider.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Maple said:

I don't think she was deliberately conning or misleading the fans, but she has made a mess of things by not thinking it through.

Again.

She's in the same boat as all club owners. Trying to get through this as best as possible when there are lots of uncertainties, more so for us in our situation.

Glad to see the club try to spread the loss over 2 seasons, so that they still have the prospect of some ST revenue  next season. 

Grateful for some help on these questions  though -

If you login and watch just a handful of streamed games, are you deemed to have used up all 14  from your ST ?   Or put it another way, if you watch tonights game on the BBC and stream the other 13, are you deemed to have used up all 14 from your ST  ? 

If you don't want retail stuff or hospitality vouchers, do you need to explicitly tell the TO ?    Before anyone asks, I'll be donating the value of any "credits" back to Hearts via FoH !!

Thanks for any clarification. 🙂

6 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Glad to see the club try to spread the loss over 2 seasons, so that they still have the prospect of some ST revenue  next season. 

Grateful for some help on these questions  though -

If you login and watch just a handful of streamed games, are you deemed to have used up all 14  from your ST ?   Or put it another way, if you watch tonights game on the BBC and stream the other 13, are you deemed to have used up all 14 from your ST  ? 

If you don't want retail stuff or hospitality vouchers, do you need to explicitly tell the TO ?    Before anyone asks, I'll be donating the value of any "credits" back to Hearts via FoH !!

Thanks for any clarification. 🙂

1st Question. Yes, so either watch NO streams or watch however many suits.

As for not wanting retail/hospitality vouchers that all depends on the protocol the club use to administer the scheme. It's really not clear right now but will no doubt become so sooner or later.

Edited by Wee Mikey

5 hours ago, AndyNic said:

I've emailed the club and let them know willing to donate 2 ST's as streaming and the other 2 I will take up the voucher option. £540 to use in hospitality. for 2 x gold ST's @ £15 credit each.  Will do some damage with that when we're eventually allowed back. 

Suppose at least hearts keep the money. 

Aye if you can find the money for all those hospitality days minus the £25/35 credit you will get against each one.

Jack Torrance
2 hours ago, maroonsgotop said:

just looking for clarity here.

Other than the 4 games being carried forward, am I right in reading part of this as being there are no refund options or credits on offer if you are a full paying/over 65 STH in Gold, silver bronze other than over 65's who can get a credit of groups of 3 games if the stadium reopens and you decline to attend

They'll allow you to carry forward your seats to next season if you get in touch.

They're refusing refunds so you would need to take them to court if you want your money back.

2 hours ago, weehammy said:

I remember when Arthur Scargill was ‘President for Life’ of the NUM. Looks like Ann is intent on similar.

She seems to enjoy being in charge nearly as much as Sturgeon does.

Yes, let's hope that our next CEO and indeed First Minister hates being in charge and is constantly looking for a way out of their position.

Da**** is wrong with folk?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
38 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Oh dear 🤭

Is this where I tell you I pay for three pledges (me + 2 kids) and you reply with an amount greater than those combined? 

Enjoy the game, DTD.

You were the one playing ‘I pay more than you’ :lol:

Although in fairness, you might.

1 hour ago, bajthejambo said:

The club have confirmed that there will be a deadline for opt in of the streaming service. 

you mean opt out, from the bit on the official site says it will be before the next home league game

**As our Alternative Season Ticket Value Package was only shared with our Season Ticket Holders today, the streaming of tonight’s game vs Dundee will not commit you to the streaming of all future home games. A deadline will be set ahead of our next home league match for supporters to opt out. The same applies to the Partick Thistle friendly streamed last month.*

SectionFJambo

Giving the fans until the next game to opt out is only right. First thing they've done in this fiasco without a hassle. Of course you'd hope people who intend to opt out don't take advantage of the delay.

I am still digesting the offer. I'd have preferred an option to trade some games and carry over others as it's probably my ideal option however it would be administratively heavy for the club this I will probably look to defer the games and then just PPV however will watch on the BBC tonight and decide over the weekend (I'd probably always watch on BBC when an option) as can't really be bothered with casting to TV etc. when I can just switch tv on.

People still angling for refunds are probably out of luck unless they get a goodwill gesture as the club is now delivering on the guarantee as a minimum if you choose thus your bank etc. won't be an avenue of recourse.

It's just a shame the club couldn't have done this from the beginning. If they had then I'd guess they would find themselves dishing out less carry forward etc. than they will now for having pissed folk off. This isn't the first incident and even todays could have been better (i.e. note about the opt out etc. from the start). Whoever is in charge of the clubs communications really should go....either go go or go on some training.

I bought my platinum ticket, in my usual place, fully expecting that we might not actually get inside Tynecastle at all this year. I did it to support the club, help it survive an awful situation. 

I am not loaded, I can't thrown money away but for me, Hearts come first. 

I am happy that I will get the option to watch every game, I might even manage to get my boys to start watching them. I will probably use the vouchers in the club store, so I can out more money into the club.

The last few years have been shite, but I still want a club to support next teary and the year after and the year after.....

13 minutes ago, Bozi said:

I bought my platinum ticket, in my usual place, fully expecting that we might not actually get inside Tynecastle at all this year. I did it to support the club, help it survive an awful situation. 

I am not loaded, I can't thrown money away but for me, Hearts come first. 

I am happy that I will get the option to watch every game, I might even manage to get my boys to start watching them. I will probably use the vouchers in the club store, so I can out more money into the club.

The last few years have been shite, but I still want a club to support next teary and the year after and the year after.....

😍😍😍😍😍😍

3 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Is there likely to be any build up ITK Hearts chat on the streaming service broadcast? Ie should I tune in early?

Starts now

3 hours ago, AndyNic said:

She'll never give up on this cash cow 

She making a lot of money on us is she? 🙄

44 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

You were the one playing ‘I pay more than you’ :lol:

Although in fairness, you might.

Mate, I was pissed off (probably a lot more than I should have been) with your ‘jobbie Neilson’ post last week and have been swinging ever since.

I’ve no axe to grind and have probably acted like a dick on a few occasions this week.

Peace.

2 hours ago, Ribble said:

That's my understanding, although the 4 games may not be carried forwards if we get cup home ties that are then streamed

If we have home ties does that then mean that opponents would get 50% of season ticket money for that game?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
8 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Mate, I was pissed off (probably a lot more than I should have been) with your ‘jobbie Neilson’ post last week and have been swinging ever since.

I’ve no axe to grind and have probably acted like a dick on a few occasions this week.

Peace.

🤝

I've been able to use the same log in on 3 devices. 

(I do have 3 season tickets in my name but don't think that's how it's set up.

'Starting soon'

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

I have been very critical of how the club has handled this; people were quite right to be annoyed and it is all down to how Hearts failed to communicate properly. All that was required was a simple statement when the streaming proposal was announced indicating that the club would be shortly providing more details on a benefits package for season ticket holders. Alternatively when people emailed did they respond saying we understand your worry and we will be making an announcement soon to address this?  The answer is a great big no. Hence the annoyance, hence the concerns of misleading. The club has only itself to blame for the criticism, which could so easily have been avoided if they had come up with this plan and announced it earlier.  On reflection now that the deal has been announced, would I have held fire and been less critical; were complaints over the top? The answer is no; people wanted answers to simple questions that were being blanked and it is sad to say that there is nothing in the way that Hearts have handled this to suggest that the alternative season ticket package would have happened if it wasn't for the complaints. It is now time to move on.

8 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

It is but it’s 53 seconds behind the BBC ....

Being up to a minute behind the live TV broadcast is normal for online streams. It really sucks but Sky Go, BT Sport, Premier Sports are all like that. It's a problem in the modern world where a goal triggers an instant notification on your phone, or someone messages in a group chat.

Thankfully I have BBC Scotland HD on my aerial

:greggy:

8 hours ago, henryheart said:

It is great to get some clarification. I'm happy, but as a Platinum ticket holder I'm a bit confused about how the credit system will work if cup games means there will be an uneven number?  

What does it matter?  It's £25 of value at most, are you really saying you're bothered about that when the club's in the midst of one of the most difficult situations it's ever faced due to a global pandemic?

42 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

What does it matter?  It's £25 of value at most, are you really saying you're bothered about that when the club's in the midst of one of the most difficult situations it's ever faced due to a global pandemic?

My platinum season ticket feels worth every penny at the moment. 😎

Dennis Reynolds
2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Motherwell I think. Same guarantee as us. Couple more maybe. Hibs ST wording says you're guaranteed a ticket to all home games.

It didn't. You know this as it's been pointed out to you numerous times on this thread. You just can't help yourself. It's getting boring.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, LMc said:

It didn't. You know this as it's been pointed out to you numerous times on this thread. You just can't help yourself. It's getting boring.

It did when their tickets were launched and before they updated their Ts and Cs as I posted the exact text.

Anyhow, back to the game.

7 hours ago, Jack Torrance said:

Happy to see the club provide options. Below is a copy of the email I received this morning. I've requested the tickets roll over to next season as this was pretty much what I bought in to at the outset. I'm also toying with the idea of contributing something to the club to support this season - if an adhoc PPV option was available i'd do that. Unfortunately vouchers don't interest me.

Maybe buying an additional Bronze ticket would be an option to access PPV and keeping the season tickets for next season; I'll give it some thought. 

I don't appreciate their line about being unable to refund. I think a court would agree the ticket was missold and a refund should be an option. Despite this I'm not going to press the matter

You can never please all the people all the time but the club have made a real effort here to fix the mess and for that I'm grateful and will consider additional ways to support the club this season.....

Firstly, I would like to apologise for the length of time it has taken to answer your query.

The club have recently released the following Chairman’s statement in relation to the queries and concerns you and other fans have raised, this can be found by clicking the following link – https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/chairmans-statement-1-2-3-4-5

I’m afraid in relation to your refund request we are unable to offer you a refund on your Season Ticket purchase for 20/21 as per the Chairman’s statement, however should you not wish to take advantage of the “Alternative Season Ticket Value Package” which is outlined on this link - https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/alternative-season-ticket-value-package you do have the ability to carry your 18 games over into the 21/22 Season, if this is your preferred option please let us know by replying to this email.

The deal offered was that you'd get 18 games at Tynecastle, rolling over into next season if you can't get them all this season. The club are trying to get as many people as possible to accept streaming as an alternative to actually being in the ground, but they're not forcing you to do that, so I'm intrigued as to how you've managed to come to the conclusion that you've been missold!

7 hours ago, been here before said:

The kinguber is back on his maroon throne.

All you lesser fans prostate yourselves at feet of the glorious superfan whose unwavering Jamboness you can only dream of emulating you ****ing muppets.

I think it'd be better if we prostrate ourselves, but I guess it's up to His Majesty!

6 hours ago, H2 said:

The poor tickets office, going to get lots of e-mails.

I guess it comes down to:

-  do you pay for the entertainment; or

- do you pay for the love of the club and the pursuit of promotion  and winning the trophies.

The former I guess you'll be want as much as you can get back;

The latter your looking for nothing back.

There's an option to get entertainment??????

Jack Torrance
2 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

The deal offered was that you'd get 18 games at Tynecastle, rolling over into next season if you can't get them all this season. The club are trying to get as many people as possible to accept streaming as an alternative to actually being in the ground, but they're not forcing you to do that, so I'm intrigued as to how you've managed to come to the conclusion that you've been missold!

That comment relates to the original marketing message - Missold in terms of the previous message put out that we had to accept streaming instead of access to seats when the ground opens up again when initially we were given the impression the tickets would roll over until we could get back in.

They've now clarified and backtracked and I'm content to let them keep my money for the tickets to roll over to mext season.

At the time the tickets were sold the terms and conditions of the previous season's tickets was specific in guaranteeing you games in the stadium. Theres been no new T&Cs posted for this season and the advertising wording was sufficiently vague. The intimation was that the guarantee was put in place to encourage you to buy on the premise that you would get to have your seat in the ground when we were allowed back in.

Viewing games on an Internet stream were never mentioned at the time of the initial sale so were never part of the offer. It was a significant change and one im sure the courts would have agreed with, though as you pointed out they'venow allowed them to roll over..

I don't however agree with their refusal to refund and feel a court would agree a refund should be an option given there were no current T&C and no written cancellation rights given to me at the time of sale meaning I have up to a year to cancel the contract and I asked to cancel before the service began.

However I'm content to accept the offer for them to roll over the tickets.

3 hours ago, graygo said:

Yes, let's hope that our next CEO and indeed First Minister hates being in charge and is constantly looking for a way out of their position.

Da**** is wrong with folk?

It's almost always jealousy and bitterness over other people's success, more often than not from people who've barely put in a fraction of the effort and commitment to achieving any significant success themselves! 

I’m maybe a bit thick so please excuse this question if it’s obvious.

ive got a silver ST, and happy to stream the games so not bothered about discounts / refund etc , so do I not do anything and my ST will automatically be used as streaming ? Or do I need to do something ?