US Open - Djokovic

neilnunb

7 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

🤣 @ the line judge.  Oscar for best sound effects.

Horrendous eh? :laugh:

I've seen wee bairns take a fitba to the face harder than that in the warm up with no drama.

As much as it is a shitty way to be punted out it could be the best thing to happen to the men's game in years. 

Fancy Medvedev to win.

Edited by neilnunb

Just now, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I mean, I've never been hit in the throat with a tennis ball at any speed but I imagine it does hurt at first :lol:

Exactly.

Bit it wasn't this, for example...

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Dock the guy a game or a set, but to be kicked out of a tournament for that seems harsh.

Normally I would agree with this, but I can’t get past the fact that he’s an arrogant bellend who needed brought down a notch.  Karma. 

4 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Dock the guy a game or a set, but to be kicked out of a tournament for that seems harsh.

He’s an obnoxious, cocky barsteward.

Therefore, it’s deserved.

39 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

🤣 @ the line judge.  Oscar for best sound effects.

Djokovic is no stranger to  feigning injury when he's struggling in a match, so what goes around comes around!

1 minute ago, fancy a brew said:

Djokovic is no stranger to  feigning injury when he's struggling in a match, so what goes around comes around!

:spoton:

Just now, jonesy said:

I don't understand the 'arrogant' comments about ND.

It was Federer that walked out to centre court in monogrammed pyjama-esque clothes. Nadal who grunted his way to grand slam titles. Each of the champions could be considered arrogant or annoying in their own way. ND always seems humble enough, but has made a few mistakes along the way, as have all the top players.

Loved it when he beat Federer last year at Wimbledon, and seeing the Hooray Henries looking suitably subdued. I think ND gets a lot of stick as he's from Serbia as opposed to the more 'acceptable' Spain and Switzerland.

djokovic when things are not going for him likes a medical time out as gamesmanship to put his opponent off. And in this game he should have had another warning for hitting the ball in anger, but not hitting an official. It is in the rules about defaulting for what he did. Pretty much all current and former players are saying it is the correct decision

dc637a56-5df3-429d-9a20-d3663ec8349a.jpg

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

It was Federer that walked out to centre court in monogrammed pyjama-esque clothes. Nadal who grunted his way to grand slam titles. Each of the champions could be considered arrogant or annoying in their own way. ND always seems humble enough, but has made a few mistakes along the way, as have all the top players.

Loved it when he beat Federer last year at Wimbledon, and seeing the Hooray Henries looking suitably subdued. I think ND gets a lot of stick as he's from Serbia as opposed to the more 'acceptable' Spain and Switzerland.

I can’t stand Federer either!

He’s a smug ‘Robin Williams’  lookalike who is equally as arrogant as ‘The Serb’.

Nadal?  Remember these wee toy faces (made of rubber) that you could buy?  You could scrunch them into ugly wee things?

That’s Nadal.

luckyBatistuta
48 minutes ago, Barack said:

Amazing she's still alive. Still, the lawsuit settlement will soothe her agony.

Novak is an utter bawbag. But she's taken the piss there.

Screenshot_20200906-213722_Twitter.jpg

Tim Healy ain’t gonna be happy that his ex wife is taking another mans baws in her throat on tv...oooo the shame.

Rules are unequivocal about this kind of situation, always going to be a default

For what it's worth getting hit with a tennis ball (particularly somewhere like the face or throat) hurts more than you'd imagine. More than a football for certain

56 minutes ago, Barack said:

She be like

tenor.gif

28 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

He didn’t mean it but it was reckless behaviour. . 

He hit one 5 minutes earlier a lot harder.

No one would be sticking up for him if that had hit someone. 

Looks a bit pathetic but the rule is pretty clear. 

1 hour ago, Ferryjambo99 said:

Rules are unequivocal about this kind of situation, always going to be a default

For what it's worth getting hit with a tennis ball (particularly somewhere like the face or throat) hurts more than you'd imagine. More than a football for certain

Dunno about that. Ever been smacked in the face with one of those old style orange rubber mitre balls on a wet day? I have, Unforgettable. 

2 hours ago, Morgan said:

I can’t stand Federer either!

He’s a smug ‘Robin Williams’  lookalike who is equally as arrogant as ‘The Serb’.

Nadal?  Remember these wee toy faces (made of rubber) that you could buy?  You could scrunch them into ugly wee things?

That’s Nadal.

Can’t be bothered with Federer either , he plays the dashing gay blade type of character . He’s boring . Has zilch personality . I think there is an element of snobbiness about Novak as he is from the Balkans region ? I like Rafa , hes the real deal . 

5 hours ago, jonesy said:

Not sure I can accept your fashion critique of Federer given your profile picture. He deserves it for bouncing the ball 42 times before every serve. 

7 hours ago, Barack said:

The line judge must be related to Paul Alcock.

:lol:

I'm not a fan of Lance, but for feck sake, I hope she is never allowed back to any tennis tournament, ever. 

I player born post 1980's will finally win a slam.  I reckon the winner from the Thiem v Aliassime match will have a good chance of winning the tournament.  If Aliassime won it then a player born in the 2000's would win a slam before a player born in the 1990's.😂

The line judge's reaction was quite Lennonesque. When playing tennis at school, I hit a serve which hit a guy square in the knackers. He dropped like a stone, but was up in seconds and chasing me about the court.

9 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Tim Healy ain’t gonna be happy that his ex wife is taking another mans baws in her throat on tv...oooo the shame.

😂

Riddley Walker
7 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Can’t be bothered with Federer either , he plays the dashing gay blade type of character . He’s boring . Has zilch personality . I think there is an element of snobbiness about Novak as he is from the Balkans region ? I like Rafa , hes the real deal . 

First time I've ever heard someone referred to as being snobby cos they're from the Balkans! I'd usually say they're generally the opposite of snobby.

Watched this live last night, utter scenes. He was about to lose the set and 10 minutes earlier had smashed a ball off the side in proper anger. The sound she makes though 😂 😂

10 hours ago, Barack said:

shes naw happy.

1 hour ago, Lemongrab said:

The line judge's reaction was quite Lennonesque. When playing tennis at school, I hit a serve which hit a guy square in the knackers. He dropped like a stone, but was up in seconds and chasing me about the court.

Happened to me.

I threw up.

1 hour ago, Lemongrab said:

I hope as he lay on the ground writhing in agony, you didn't miss the chance to shout,

New balls please!

1 hour ago, Riddley Walker said:

First time I've ever heard someone referred to as being snobby cos they're from the Balkans! I'd usually say they're generally the opposite of snobby.

Watched this live last night, utter scenes. He was about to lose the set and 10 minutes earlier had smashed a ball off the side in proper anger. The sound she makes though 😂 😂

Sorry I meant snobs look down on him cause he’s from Serbia , still some residue racism from the balkans  conflict and historically 

Effectively a 1st round defeat.   Loses all prize money and ranking points gained.

If he eventually ends his career one grand slam short of Federer or Nadal,   or perhaps level,  he'll always wonder...

1 hour ago, fancy a brew said:

If folk think he was harshly treated, here's his reaction to a previous racquet throwing incident. 

:gok: Is it still an issue Novak? 🤔