US Open - Djokovic

neilnunb

2 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

I hope as he lay on the ground writhing in agony, you didn't miss the chance to shout,

New balls please!

:D

12 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Dunno about that. Ever been smacked in the face with one of those old style orange rubber mitre balls on a wet day? I have, Unforgettable. 

It might be a better comparison getting a mouldmaster to the plums

Riddley Walker
3 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Sorry I meant snobs look down on him cause he’s from Serbia , still some residue racism from the balkans  conflict and historically 

👍 

I P Knightley
5 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

I player born post 1980's will finally win a slam.  I reckon the winner from the Thiem v Aliassime match will have a good chance of winning the tournament.  If Aliassime won it then a player born in the 2000's would win a slam before a player born in the 1990's.😂

I'd like to see Medvedev get it. Thiem doesn't do it for me. 

18 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Line judge should be ashamed. Still, see ya later Novak.

I think she took drama lessons from Celtic's Lennon.

5 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

If it happened in the final, it wouldn't have been halted. 

It would. It is the rules simple as that. 

He has form for smashing his racket and smashing balls about the place in temper. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

Samuel Camazzola
30 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

It would. It is the rules simple as that. 

He has form for smashing his racket and smashing balls about the place in temper. 

I heard a thing about the rules but doubt that particular incident would have resulted in the final of a Slam being called. 

28 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I heard a thing about the rules but doubt that particular incident would have resulted in the final of a Slam being called. 

The rule is so explicit that I can't see how they could avoid it.

Samuel Camazzola
13 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

The rule is so explicit that I can't see how they could avoid it.

If it hadn't dinked the bint in the neck, nothing would have happened. There was no malice in it - just a stupid action from a highly experienced pro. 

17 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Can’t be bothered with Federer either , he plays the dashing gay blade type of character . He’s boring . Has zilch personality . I think there is an element of snobbiness about Novak as he is from the Balkans region ? I like Rafa , hes the real deal . 

Can’t agree with that. He is the least loved of the trio because he does not have the grace of Roger or the power of Rafa. His style is robotic,  if ridiculously effective. 

An umpire needed eye surgery one time when a player tried to fire the ball out of the stadium as hard as he could. Failed and sconed the umpire right in the face.

I'd have chucked Djoko out the tournie, wouldn't need too much reason either... he is a total fart

jack D and coke

Seen something on Twitter about the line judges kid dying a few years ago and fans of that prick throwing it in her face. 
Lovely folk. 

17 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

He is a po faced, twat featured, cheating toaly.

toaly 🤣, love watching him lose and the bottom lip going.

I P Knightley
5 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Seen something on Twitter about the line judges kid dying a few years ago and fans of that prick throwing it in her face. 
Lovely folk. 

He's done all he can to avoid that happening. Hasn't mentioned her name and has tweeted himself that it was his fault and that she should be left alone. Difficult for him to do more to control the fanatic loonies who get behind him.

I'm on record as not being a fan of his tennis but Djokovic the person isn't all that bad. Bit of a shagger (reportedly) but, generally, a decent bloke.