AlimOzturk

Apparently activated clause to leave Barcelona on a free transfer.

Can only see one club able to afford his wages and having the manager there to make him want to sign and that is Manchester City. 

2E6D9197-9CE6-486F-882B-CAF7C9BFAD0A.jpeg

Edited by AlimOzturk

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Morgan

• Bazzas right boot

• Cruyff

rudi must stay

Absolutely amazing. I don't think it's as simple as he goes to Man City, he has the pick of Europe's top teams. The Inter Milan rumour doesn't seem to be going away either 

Ok, a list of clubs.  Man City obvious.  PSG will try their hand, they want to win CL, Neymar was reported as wanting to go back to Barcelona before.   Would be funny to see Ronaldo and Messi in the same team, not sure Juventus could afford it.  Plenty other top English sides could afford, not sure what manager he'd opt to work under.

The MLS is  lucrative enough he could end up there at the top sides.   Beckham was quoted about wanting players like Ronaldo and Messi at Inter Miami.

China, I think he still has something to offer elsewhere, but he might be short of a few million.  Arab leagues as well are fairly rich, they might chase him.  Even the Russian club might fancy their chances.

I am going to say Man City for 3 years then Inter Miami after it.  

Edited by HMFC01

FWIW this transfer will make him the richest player ever to play the game IMO. THE amount of money he will be getting offered will be more than ridiculously expensive than usual. Talking about arguably the best player ever on a free transfer. Even at 33

adambraejambo

He has nothing to prove. He a multi millionaire and maybe he will want to play again for his beloved Newells Old Boys. He said a  few years ago he would love to end his career there if he could persuade his family to move to  Argentina. 

Sure I seen a photoshop pic of Messi in a Hearts top on here. Can't find it. Needing it for a wee bit of banter. 

39 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Time for JJ to show him the castle?

...then through the West End, Haymarket, Dalry Road, under the bridge to McLeod Street then wallop...the Fish Bar aroma seals the deal. 

William H. Bonney

Typical. It’s my dads 70th next year and I was going to try to get el Classico tickets. Would love to have seen Messi play in that fixture. 

2 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Initially I thought this was a parody account.

It's a parody article. Written by Old Firm Facts. He's retweeting all the reactions of folk taking it seriously 😄 

Just now, TommyC said:

It's a parody article. Written by Old Firm Facts. He's retweeting all the reactions of folk taking it seriously 😄 

Ha ha I just saw that. Excellent fishing by him, and caught me as I assumed it was genuine i.e. I could well believe that being posted.

The bit about Alex Rae is gold.

The Internet

Not really sure what I want from this. I mean he's still good enough to obliterate the epl especially at a team like City but at the same time he's 33 and there's every chance he won't have the impact many would expect. Kind of want him to go somewhere like dortmund. Just anywhere except the mls or China or places like that. 

The sort of signing that could spring man City back into league contention immediately. 

Would be some novelty if he did go to juve mind

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Could do a job 

No way. We should just bring back someone who played for us once.

Pasquale for King
38 minutes ago, Gerd Muller said:

Sure I seen a photoshop pic of Messi in a Hearts top on here. Can't find it. Needing it for a wee bit of banter. 

Dunno 

Pasquale for King
Just now, JamboAndrew said:

No way. We should just bring back someone who played for us once.

Billy King?

Pasquale for King
29 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

Actually, knowing this place he would be a wage thief before he had kicked a ball.

Lazy 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
11 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Not really sure what I want from this. I mean he's still good enough to obliterate the epl especially at a team like City but at the same time he's 33 and there's every chance he won't have the impact many would expect. Kind of want him to go somewhere like dortmund. Just anywhere except the mls or China or places like that. 

You touch on a good point. The one thing you cannot afford with Messi is to be paying him £500k a week when he goes over the hill. His next club will be his last serious one

2 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

The first £1 million per week footballer?

Was Beckham not earning that when he went to the States?

35 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

May I be the first to welcome the wee man to tynecastle. Has big boots to fill but I'm sure he can do it.

Definitely could do a job 😂😂

Just now, Morgan said:

Was he!? No way?

Kin ‘ ell.  Without doubt one of the most overrated footballers I’ve ever witnessed. Even Fergie said he wasn’t world class. 

Just now, ShedBoy said:

Was he!? No way?

Kin ‘ ell.  Without doubt one of the most overrated footballers I’ve ever witnessed. Even Fergie said he wasn’t world class. 

Yes, I’m pretty sure he was on around 50 million per year at LA Galaxy.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Morgan said:

£3.4m a year, the biggest earner now is on $7.2m. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Was he!? No way?

He wasn’t. A simple google search says a mere £3.4m a year.

William H. Bonney
4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Yes, I’m pretty sure he was on around 50 million per year at LA Galaxy.

I’m sure Zidane was offered 50 million a year to manage Qatar. 
There are some obscene wages out there 

1 hour ago, Gerd Muller said:

20200819_104617.jpg

If Levein was still stoatin aroont, I reckon we'd be in with a chance of signing him.

Not a Bob with Phoodul running the show. 

Gutted 😢😢😢😢😢😢

Budge oot. 

been here before
1 hour ago, August Landmesser said:

Time for JJ to show him the castle?

1 hour ago, martoon said:

...then through the West End, Haymarket, Dalry Road, under the bridge to McLeod Street then wallop...the Fish Bar aroma seals the deal. 

58 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

May I be the first to welcome the wee man to tynecastle. Has big boots to fill but I'm sure he can do it.

We've got the money we received from the Sean Clare deal burning a hole in our pocket.

Shame Uche left though. What a pairing Uche and Messi would have made. Just like Sanfy Clark and Robbo from years back.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

If Levein was still stoatin aroont, I reckon we'd be in with a chance of signing him.

Not a Bob with Phoodul running the show. 

Gutted 😢😢😢😢😢😢

Budge oot. 

He’d play him at LB

Is he no' too wee?

Having said that, if it IS to happen; I'd be happy to lob a couple more quid/month into FoH.

Wages not an issue but think height may be his undoing. Anyone know if he’s taller than Chris Hamilton?