• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Morgan

• Bazzas right boot

• Cruyff

1 hour ago, Ronaldo9 said:

If he stays in Europe I can only see him ending up at PSG with Neymar and Mbappe. Possibly one of the Milan’s but he’ll want to ensure he keeps winning like Ronaldo has done with Juventus and that’s less likely there. 

1 hour ago, copa-mundial said:

Man City I reckon. 

They can afford his salary. 

They're chasing champions league glory. 

Messi won't have to learn English. This would be a key factor I think. 

Both totally detached from unreality. 

The richest European Clubs like Man City and PSG would probably break FFP rules if they bought him and end up banned from Europe. They are probably the only ones bar Real Madrid that can afford him and he would never go to Madrid. 

I don't know if Inter, Roma, Napoli or AC Milan have the money to buy him but if they did I think he'd fancy one of them. 

Personally don't think he'd go to the EPL and if he can escape his contract, I think he'll go back to Argentina. 

Pasquale for King
55 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

Love to see him on Hamilton's subuteo pitch at the cheap crap stadium, or whatever it is renamed this year. Just a pity we won't see Darion McKinnon on him.

You don’t actually think the pound shop Brownie would lay a glove on him, nobody could kick Latapy ffs. 

20 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You don’t actually think the pound shop Brownie would lay a glove on him, nobody could kick Latapy ffs. 

I would pay good money to see Hamilton or one of the non-entity clubs in Scotland against Messi.

Just realised, thats Messi against most clubs in the SPL.

53 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

The richest European Clubs like Man City and PSG would probably break FFP rules if they bought him and end up banned from Europe. They are probably the only ones bar Real Madrid that can afford him and he would never go to Madrid. 

I don't know if Inter, Roma, Napoli or AC Milan have the money to buy him but if they did I think he'd fancy one of them. 

Personally don't think he'd go to the EPL and if he can escape his contract, I think he'll go back to Argentina. 

Inter have Chinese investors they definitely have the money 

6 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Apparently activated clause to leave Barcelona on a free transfer.

Can only see one club able to afford his wages and having the manager there to make him want to sign and that is Manchester City. 

2E6D9197-9CE6-486F-882B-CAF7C9BFAD0A.jpeg

Barca saying the contract clause expired 6 months ago but Messi's agent insisting they honour it because of Covid crisis. Allegedly, on Twitter. 

5 hours ago, JamboAndrew said:

I would pay good money to see Hamilton or one of the non-entity clubs in Scotland against Messi.

*Every SPL team.

Samuel Camazzola
10 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

Was he!? No way?

Kin ‘ ell.  Without doubt one of the most overrated footballers I’ve ever witnessed. Even Fergie said he wasn’t world class. 

Behave! 😂 

8 hours ago, JamboAndrew said:

Or he is trying to force the president out and get a new one in as time isn't on his side?

As in a popularity contest there he just shades it.

Could well be.

7 hours ago, JamboAndrew said:

We nearly seen Ronaldinho. :D

Hagar the Horrible

Lets face it Spain is Scotland on acid, there is only a duopoly with their clubs able to raise more debt than africa.  Going to the EPL would be a challenge for him, there is just multiple clubs to play against of a higher standard.  France is now a 1 horse town,  Italy is corrupt.  I think he will want to play for a bit in the best league in the world.  But if he want to play for the best club in the world in the worst league, come to us,  do a Cruyff and play for Dumbarton, well he would have when he realised the actual stadium(Boghead) was not their training facility, that was just it!

I P Knightley
14 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

Time for JJ to show him the castle?

13 hours ago, JamboAndrew said:

May I be the first to welcome the wee man to tynecastle. Has big boots to fill but I'm sure he can do it.

He wanted to come to Tynie but Jamie Walker wouldn't give up the number 10 shirt. 

Bazzas right boot
12 hours ago, JackLadd said:

I've stopped watching much epl due to the salaries, wouldn't matter to me if City sign him and Suarez. 

I'm gonna plump for Arsenal with The biter. 

10 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Man U? Just got shot of Sanchez and Lukaku. Should free up some wages.

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Aye, was Sanchez not on £505k a week! 

😭😭

13 hours ago, Morgan said:

Fair enough, Pasquale.

I was sure that I’d read/heard it was 50 million per year.

£3.4m was his basic salary at LA Galaxy, the deal was he received a cut of endorsements etc whilst there.  I'm not sure if he earned £50m a year but it was a lot.

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye, was Sanchez not on £505k a week! 

😭😭

Unbelievably, this is actually true. £391k per week plus £75k appearance bonus and a £1.1m annual signing-on fee. No wonder they couldn't get shot of him quickly enough!

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/alexis-sanchez-wages-man-united-171941

Does go to show that they could quite happily sign Messi if they wanted, especially now they're back in the CL.

4 hours ago, Sergio said:

Man City are now 4/5 to sign him

2 hours ago, Craig_ said:

Don't think he'd want to play in England tbh. Weathers too pish. 

Edited by Cruyff

4 hours ago, Phage said:

I wonder if Newell Old Boys have a sell on clause they have been patiently waiting for, going on 20 years

Free transfer

4 hours ago, Phage said:

I wonder if Newell Old Boys have a sell on clause they have been patiently waiting for, going on 20 years

He'll probably go back to Newell if that's his team. 

7 hours ago, Phage said:

Poor *******s.

😄

Man City seeminly offered him a 3 year deal plus a contract with the tram they own in the MLS after that.

Still think its all been about ousting the President and Messi will stay.Just shows how much power he holds Messi is bigger than Barca.

been here before
34 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Man City seeminly offered him a 3 year deal plus a contract with the tram they own in the MLS after that.

We could do that. 3 year deal then a job cruising the tracks from the airport to York Place, maybe even Newhaven.

Odd clause to have in the contract but he's probably worth it. Is it an interest he has? Like Rod Stewart and train sets?

1 hour ago, Lovecraft said:

Messi to stay.

Bartomeu to get punted.

Neymar back to Barca.

Is my guess.

Yea I reckon this too.

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, been here before said:

We could do that. 3 year deal then a job cruising the tracks from the airport to York Place, maybe even Newhaven.

Odd clause to have in the contract but he's probably worth it. Is it an interest he has? Like Rod Stewart and train sets?

top-notch-banter.jpg

Seymour M Hersh
3 minutes ago, Mister T said:

I was fully on board with this until the last sentence. 

IMG-20200826-WA0000.jpg

He's on £1m a week at Barca basic +millions in bonuses, image rights and other add ons apparently. 

I notice there is increased protests by fans outside the Camp Nou.  It's an old cliche but the no player is bigger than the club one might be under strain here. Which will knacker them even more imo. 

Messi is on a downward trajectory as a world class player. Don't think he will last as long as Ronaldo "at the top". This transfer request is all smoke and mirrors, politics at play. He's trying to get the current President ousted and one of his favoured guys in. He has far too much power at Barca and wants them to rebuild the way he wants it, but the club doesn't have the money. He will still be there come the new season. 

Edited by Fraggle

No mention of Bayern? Not sure what their wage structure looks like and whether they would change it for him?

29 minutes ago, Stokesy said:

No mention of Bayern? Not sure what their wage structure looks like and whether they would change it for him?

They don't need him.   Bayern are a team, Messi would come in and **** everything up.

1 hour ago, Fraggle said:

Messi is on a downward trajectory as a world class player. Don't think he will last as long as Ronaldo "at the top". This transfer request is all smoke and mirrors, politics at play. He's trying to get the current President ousted and one of his favoured guys in. He has far too much power at Barca and wants them to rebuild the way he wants it, but the club doesn't have the money. He will still be there come the new season. 

Defo on the way down.

FB_IMG_1598476586281.jpg

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Homme said:

Defo on the way down.

FB_IMG_1598476586281.jpg

Aye he's shite. 

Tbh, he's probably is on his way down, but from his his own height, who along with Ronaldo it was a lofty height, well above the others. 

8 minutes ago, Homme said:

Defo on the way down.

FB_IMG_1598476586281.jpg

He can add the '1st in all the stats' to his trophy cabinet that hasn't seen much updating recently.

Edited by kila

1 minute ago, kila said:

He can add the '1st in all the stats' to his trophy cabinet that hasn't seen much updating recently.

Na I doubt he cares too much about that 🙂

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, kila said:

He can add the '1st in all the stats' trophy to his cabinet that hasn't seen much updating recently.

Yip, he'll be crying as we speak. 

Screenshot_20200826_222604_com.android.chrome.jpg

been here before

I wish we had a player who was on their way down like Messi.

Berra would probably be the closest I could think of. Steven McLean before he left.

Edited by been here before

The Internet

Tbf we've been hearing Messi is on the way down for about 5 years. Eventually, at 33, he might be. But it's from his own level which is so much higher than every other player except ronaldo. He's still immense. 

Ibrahim Tall
9 hours ago, Homme said:

Defo on the way down.

FB_IMG_1598476586281.jpg

Messi is still brilliant but some of those stats are pretty nonsensical: ‘Shots’, ‘shots on target’ etc.

If someone is having more shots than anyone in the league, you’d bloody hope they also had more shots on target than anyone else and ditto if you have more shots on target than anyone else you’d expect to score more of them than anyone else. Just seems a case of BT adding irrelevant ‘1sts’ for the sake of making the list longer.

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Messi is still brilliant but some of those stats are pretty nonsensical: ‘Shots’, ‘shots on target’ etc.

If someone is having more shots than anyone in the league, you’d bloody hope they also had more shots on target than anyone else and ditto if you have more shots on target than anyone else you’d expect to score more of them than anyone else. Just seems a case of BT adding irrelevant ‘1sts’ for the sake of making the list longer.

All fair, but he's not even a striker so for a non striker to be 1st in striker stats is pretty interesting imo.