Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, martoon said:

.nutters arguing about which is worse: Darvel or Brora.

Talk about feckin desperate.

Brora wins v. Hearts this decade: 1

Hibs wins v. Hearts this decade: 0

😂😂😂😂

With Aberdeen and Hibs out the SC, and Snake Mirren away to Celtic in the next round, it will only leave us and Livingston as the two teams from the top 8. (Outside the old firm).

With the winner of the SC getting guaranteed European league football this has been a joyous weekend of cup football. 

Edited by jambo mark
Amendment

3 minutes ago, martoon said:

.nutters arguing about which is worse: Darvel or Brora.

Talk about feckin desperate.

Brora wins v. Hearts this decade: 1

Hibs wins v. Hearts this decade: 0

Realistically, 5th tier team beating 2nd tier team versus 6th tier team beating 1st tier team.

Also one of them was in front of no fans in the middle of one of the worst stretches of the pandemic when folk everywhere were desperately worried about their families.

Brora hurts and it should but yes, that's some desperate grasping at straws.

16 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

One of the following two teams will be in the quarter finals:

Darvel

Falkirk

One of the following four teams will be in the quarter finals:

Cove

Ayr

Drumchapel

Elgin

Not bad chances for an easy road should we see off Hamilton. (I know, I know, that's one each for the OF, anyway . . .)

Put in those terms it's absolutely astounding. The draw is certainly opening up. Hopefully the OF will meet before the final.  Darvel are at home and Falkirk are no great shakes with Muggy McGlynn in charge, our manager 10 years ago today (yikes😳) Darvel will certainly fancy their chances. Well done to them.

I'm originally from Hamilton (left aged 14) but very long since a Jambo. No Shankland available doesn't concern me but that bloody awful plastic pitch does. We have Livvy away on Sunday for practice. I really cannot abide by plastic pitches at all.

sheep.net makes fantastic reading...

12 minutes ago, Bebo said:

3,200+ active users. Server still holding. Think it's a new record. Ouch.

500 Dandies and 2700 masturbating Huns. 

2 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Put in those terms it's absolutely astounding. The draw is certainly opening up. Hopefully the OF will meet before the final.  Darvel are at home and Falkirk are no great shakes with Muggy McGlynn in charge, our manager 10 years ago today (yikes😳) Darvel will certainly fancy their chances. Well done to them.

I'm originally from Hamilton (left aged 14) but very long since a Jambo. No Shankland available doesn't concern me but that bloody awful plastic pitch does. We have Livvy away on Sunday for practice. I really cannot abide by plastic pitches at all.

Obviously Darvel (and Brora for that matter) is a lesson in taking lower opposition lightly, but I would really think we could put on some youth and bench players against them, at least at the start, just to protect the knees and ankles of our players. I'm not talking 15 year olds, but Kuol, Oda, Lewis Neilson, Hendo, Connor Smith, and a few others. Don't by any means send out Snoddy, Mick Smith, Halliday, or Kingsley. Humphrys should be able to lead the line ably and keep Devlin, Hill, and Sibbick in to hold the spine.

On the grander scale, I feel like this is a testament to the quality that's still in the lower tiers of Scotland and maybe indicates a gap narrowing a bit between the top tier. There's really no reason to limit the top tier to 12 teams anymore, and there's certainly little between the Alloas and Airdries in the lower SPFL and the Darvels and Broras in the pyramids.

Aside from that, it should be a klaxon signal that Beale's Rangers are currently one of the poorest OF sides in years.

13 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Realistically, 5th tier team beating 2nd tier team versus 6th tier team beating 1st tier team.

Also one of them was in front of no fans in the middle of one of the worst stretches of the pandemic when folk everywhere were desperately worried about their families.

Brora hurts and it should but yes, that's some desperate grasping at straws.

15 minutes ago, Mac80 said:

😂😂😂😂

And Brora wasn't live on telly.

Cooncil or otherwise.

That must swing it.

😄 

Just now, martoon said:

Cooncil or otherwise.

That must swing it.

😄

I haven't seen the specific odds but I think in terms of the bookies Darvel were considerably longer odds.

3 minutes ago, martoon said:

Cooncil or otherwise.

That must swing it.

😄

Aye it was...sadly

Or was it ppv?

How did I watch it???

Edited by neilnunb

7 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

On the grander scale, I feel like this is a testament to the quality that's still in the lower tiers of Scotland and maybe indicates a gap narrowing a bit between the top tier. There's really no reason to limit the top tier to 12 teams anymore, and there's certainly little between the Alloas and Airdries in the lower SPFL and the Darvels and Broras in the pyramids.

Aside from that, it should be a klaxon signal that Beale's Rangers are currently one of the poorest OF sides in years.

Or the shit that's in the top flight 

1 minute ago, Hearts007 said:

Or the shit that's in the top flight 

I'm a broken record on this, but even in its current chaotic state, as someone who's subjected to the MLS on the regular, Scottish football is constantly underrated not only by those in England, but those in Scotland too.

As bad as it is, this Aberdeen squad would finish near the top of the MLS where stupid salaries are thrown around and the ticket prices for upper tier seats are routinely north of $50.

2 minutes ago, martoon said:

Was it?

Thank feck I didn't know, neil. 😁

No, I think you were right and it was ppv.

I vaguely remember a big push to give Brora a bit of cash.

Edited by neilnunb

1 minute ago, Led Tasso said:

I'm a broken record on this, but even in its current chaotic state, as someone who's subjected to the MLS on the regular, Scottish football is constantly underrated not only by those in England, but those in Scotland too.

As bad as it is, this Aberdeen squad would finish near the top of the MLS where stupid salaries are thrown around and the ticket prices for upper tier seats are routinely north of $50.

😐

3 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

8 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

No, I think you were right and it was ppv.

I vaguely remember a big push to give Brora a bit of cash.

👍

9 minutes ago, martoon said:

Resignation statement but fair play to him for his honesty.

Managers seldom resign nowadays. They wait for the sack so they get a fat payoff. Either that or it's the terminated by mutual consent nonsense which is just a euphemism for the sack. It's very hard to see how Goodwin survives this. A huge chunk of the sheep fanbase are stuck in an 80s timewarp with expectations to match and react to setbacks accordingly.

23 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

I haven't watched the whole thing but they get at the biggest issue, which is that the designated player rule and the wage cap mean that you have starting XI teams with 5 figure annual salaries passing to 8 figure annual salaries. For the non-DPs (yes oohmatron and all that), MLS isn't a bad place to get a foothold but if you're any good you can't really advance in terms of salary. Meanwhile the teams use the DP to bring in washed up big names from European football to get headlines for obscene salaries. It's a recipe for disjointed, scattershot football. The quality is still inching up but still most MLS sides would find a stodgy St. Mirren side too tough to break down.

25 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

EC4EF214-7F14-4FC1-9BDF-6CF551E3DDFB.thumb.jpeg.bb88322e083f5e1fda313fcf1fb55ec5.jpeg

I don't like the guy at all but I saw this and I have to say fair play to him for giving the respect due. 

He knows his jobs finished. But he's saying the right things.

1 hour ago, Led Tasso said:

I haven't seen the specific odds but I think in terms of the bookies Darvel were considerably longer odds.

Max was 16/1 and lowest 9/1 looking back at some online bookies.

1 hour ago, martoon said:

Resignation statement but fair play to him for his honesty.

That's what I thought too. The club can't keep him on after statements like that. It's almost like he's giving them the opportunity, as if he hadn't already with the result and others of late, to sack him. He knows he's out the door and wants to hurry it along.

11 minutes ago, redjambo said:

That's what I thought too. The club can't keep him on after statements like that. It's almost like he's giving them the opportunity, as if he hadn't already with the result and others of late, to sack him. He knows he's out the door and wants to hurry it along.

Almost reads as if he was dissociating himself from the players. Someone miles up the thread suggested they may have chucked it in order to get him sacked, and if that’s the case both parties will have known all about it. Definitely something valedictory about that statement.

HeartsandonlyHearts

#obo fans ecstatic with this result.

Moves them up one spot from the bottom of the “shitiest team in the top league” ranking. 

Ricardo Quaresma
3 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: 

Badloss won't even get on the team bus back to Sheepville after this!

Surely a taxi 🤣🤣

45 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Exactly, bud.

As someone replied earlier it will probably be announced as mutual consent etc. but he's finished at Aberdeen.

No question.

He's done an interview apparently on RedsTv saying preparing for the Hibs game.   Saying he can turn it around.   

"Watched his interview on Redtv. Delued **** is planning for Hibs on Saturday. Its surely just words and he'll be relieved of his duties later today. He couldn't even look the press pack in the eye, just looked at the ground.

Says he still believes that he can turn it round and is right man for the job. He should do the honourable thing and walk away."

Edited by HMFC01

3 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

That offside blunder linesman as well 🤣

One of the sheep saying that offside decision put them out the cup :rofl:

1 hour ago, HMFC01 said:

Says he still believes that he can turn it round and is right man for the job. He should do the honourable thing and walk away."

No, no, let him stay and work his magic :lol:

3rd place is ours. 

I feel the sheep.may continually implode, and it's all their own fault. There is no realism about them, if a manager can't compete with the OF, then he's hounded.

McInnes was the best they had in years, not 'competing' with the OF, fire him and get someone who will. Which is freaking impossible unless some billionaire trying to throw away money rolls up.

I don't care who they get in as manager, he won't be competing with the OF so it will just be a continual cycle of hire and fire. Their crowd form their opinion around Rangers games in particular.

Gubbed by Rangers? Manager must go, start all over again. It's all good for Hearts.