*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

Guest ToqueJambo

These are excellent results. Edinburgh City and Stranraer are two of the good guys. St Mirren and Hamilton toiling means more medicine for them.

• Replies 63.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

St Midden win on pens.

Can't see them fecking up their last game sadly. 😡

Chance of playing St Mirren in last 16. 

22 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Hopefully get Midden in the next round as we’re seeded and they won’t be.

would love that. Please let that happen

If Celtic did win their (not quite) 10 in a row what would the other erse cheek do?  Keep burning money to stop 11 / 12 / 13 ?  Or just start to wither away? Maybe overspending might lead to another financial ‘event’ - which would also hurt Celtic.

Plenty of opportunity for popcorn moments.

Ideal scenario:  Celtic get 10 Rangers go <pop> trying to keep up and without their nemesis Celtic become increasingly irrelevant.

complete control
42 minutes ago, FWJ said:

If Celtic did win their (not quite) 10 in a row what would the other erse cheek do?  Keep burning money to stop 11 / 12 / 13 ?  Or just start to wither away? Maybe overspending might lead to another financial ‘event’ - which would also hurt Celtic.

Ideal scenario:  Celtic get 10 Rangers go <pop> trying to keep up and without their nemesis Celtic become increasingly irrelevant.

Ideal scenario my arse. I hope Rangers do a helicopter Sunday on the scum again. 

7 hours ago, FWJ said:

I wouldn't go as far to say ideal but I agree with the thinking. If the Huns can't stop 10iar then it will really hurt them. In normal times that would lead to their fans walking away yet again but not really relevant at the moment 

Leveins Battalion
1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Loving seeing Hamiltons struggles this season , Les Gray take your medicine

It makes their win at Ibrox last season even more mind boggling.

40 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

It makes their win at Ibrox last season even more mind boggling.

Their jakey managers coat must be on a shoggly peg the day. Although the 30 quid to sack him is probably the issue.

15 hours ago, Hearts007 said:

F/T Stranraer 2 Hamilton 1  🤣

Cracking result, so pleased for Stranraer, especially as my youngest girls fella plays for them this season and great karma inasmuch as Hamilton were his first full time club who ditched him after he broke his leg!

5 hours ago, weegie jambo said:

Cracking result, so pleased for Stranraer, especially as my youngest girls fella plays for them this season and great karma inasmuch as Hamilton were his first full time club who ditched him after he broke his leg!

👍

stranraer-jambo
7 hours ago, weegie jambo said:

May get a chance to see him play later in the season if D&G drops to level 1 from level 2.

2 hours ago, stranraer-jambo said:

May get a chance to see him play later in the season if D&G drops to level 1 from level 2.

Hope so, Stranraer seem to be a good bunch and not too far down the road from me in Stewarton. Seem to have a good family vibe going on, better than some of his other clubs!

12 hours ago, stranraer-jambo said:

They are a cracking wee team i have been going to watch them since I was about 6,my Dad is from Stranraer and played for them back in the early 60's. Its a shame nobody can go to the game against Ayr it was always a good day out.

stranraer-jambo
10 hours ago, Ominous said:

They are a cracking wee team i have been going to watch them since I was about 6,my Dad is from Stranraer and played for them back in the early 60's. Its a shame nobody can go to the game against Ayr it was always a good day out.

Have been working down here for nigh on 30 years now. My second favourite team and celebrating their 150 anniversary.

Seen some cracking matches. Was in the Home end in Jan 2007 though when Bednar and Co played in the Cup.

And was in the Hivs end with my brother in law (Yip, supports them) in 1998 when Jason Young scored the peach of a winner in a 2-1 win at Easter Rd. 

Yip, pity about the Ayr match.

12 minutes ago, stranraer-jambo said:

Have been working down here for nigh on 30 years now. My second favourite team and celebrating their 150 anniversary.

Seen some cracking matches. Was in the Home end in Jan 2007 though when Bednar and Co played in the Cup.

And was in the Hivs end with my brother in law (Yip, supports them) in 1998 when Jason Young scored the peach of a winner in a 2-1 win at Easter Rd. 

Yip, pity about the Ayr match.

Yeah I was at the cup game too, think it finished 4-0. I was at the B&q cup final in 96 (petrofac cup) they beat St Johnstone 1-0, a great day.

stranraer-jambo
Just now, Ominous said:

Yeah I was at the cup game too, think it finished 4-0. I was at the B&q cup final in 96 (petrofac cup) they beat St Johnstone 1-0, a great day.

Yip  4-0. Had family and friends staying over with me. Great weekend. Craig Gordon with a brilliant save from Michael Moore.

Broadwood Stadium with the winner courtesy of an OG by St Johnstone. Good Stranraer support that day.

5 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Not our problem now, but the rest of the League Cup matches are up today.

The Hobo v Scumdee one tomorrow is the interesting one

tartofmidlothian
13 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

The Hobo v Scumdee one tomorrow is the interesting one

A draw keeps them off the top, eh? Squeaky bum time for St Johnstone, Killie and Hamilton too.

9 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

A draw keeps them off the top, eh? Squeaky bum time for St Johnstone, Killie and Hamilton too.

Hamilton have been awarded 3.0 as Albion Rovers have 3 Covid positive tests and not enough time to identify which other players may need to quarantine.

And even then still can't qualify for last 16.

Shame.

Screenshot_20201114-141550_BBC Sport.jpg

Edited by DETTY29

19 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

yep

Just now, JamboGraham said:

If it’s a draw then the penalty shootout bonus point decides the group?

yep as they are both on 9pts

36 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Killie already out too. 

ToadKiller Dog

I see Sunderland have a player who scored called Max Power .

Trent Steele "hey great name "

Max Power (homer ) " thanks i got it off a hairdryer "

Edited by ToadKiller Dog

Ross County and Livingston heading to joining Hearts as seeds with other seeds being winner of Dundee v Hibs (either win or extra point from penalties). 

1 hour ago, Ominous said:

Yes c'mon the Stranraer destroy those Ayr ^^^^s

Stranraer got a weakened team out today, few injuries and suspensions. Few of their youth players called up!

15 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Ross County and Livingston heading to joining Hearts as seeds with other seeds being winner of Dundee v Hibs (either win or extra point from penalties). 

Dunfermline and Livingston seeded. 

Ross County need to wait for Hibs result. 

Just now, Hearts007 said:

So we need hobos to lose then get them in the draw and pump them out another cup?

Tough one eh...both utter scumbag clubs.

18 minutes ago, weegie jambo said:

Stranraer got a weakened team out today, few injuries and suspensions. Few of their youth players called up!

Stranraer missed a penalty to go 2-0 up ffs.

1 minute ago, Ominous said:

Stranraer missed a penalty to go 2-0 up ffs.

lost the penalty shootout 6-5