*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

Tom Hardy’s Dug
10 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

Was going to buy a ticket on Tuesday at ticket office but won’t bother now.

How does someone get that much neck fat?

• Replies 64.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

These tramps behave like this at every ground and nothing ever happens so undoubtedly the big sweeping brush will be out for this little incident.

Its A&E staff and the wife’s of these animals that I feel sorry for.

6 hours ago, Barack said:

Celtic 5 Hearts 0.

You know it's coming...

Certainty. 2 or 3 nil within the first 30 mins.

John Findlay

The Scottish authorities and media go all Stevie Wonder on it again.

Screenshot_20220501-211624_Samsung Internet.jpg

4 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Club statements

Have you ever read such whataboutery in your puff!!

Mikey1874

There was a time I remember when even these clubs had more class and would deal with these things quietly without fuss.

Seem to be in competition now. 

14 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

ive cancelled all sports, freeing up money for my electric car😉

Fire stick bud. :thumbsup:

10 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

How does someone get that much neck fat?

Buckie and burger buns? 😐

highlandjambo3
9 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Have you ever read such whataboutery in your puff!!

Ban fans at the bigot fest for a season…….simples.

RustyRightPeg
11 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Club statements

All this does is make it more likely they go back to giving no away tickets to each other. It’s a shame really cause it really contributes to the occasion. 

The Real Maroonblood
15 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

All this does is make it more likely they go back to giving no away tickets to each other. It’s a shame really cause it really contributes to the occasion. 

Bile is the contribution to the occasion.

The Treasurer
12 hours ago, John Findlay said:

The Scottish authorities and media go all Stevie Wonder on it again.

Screenshot_20220501-211624_Samsung Internet.jpg

Yet right after reporting this on Sky they were slavering on about the "fantastic atmosphere" created by the fans.

The media are all part of this by continuing to play along and refusing to call them out for the utter scum that they are

The Real Maroonblood
22 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Yet right after reporting this on Sky they were slavering on about the "fantastic atmosphere" created by the fans.

The media are all part of this by continuing to play along and refusing to call them out for the utter scum that they are

Nothing changes.

No one has the balls to call them out.

Under the floodlight
40 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

It's the tail that wags the dog, the media spend months building the match up,all other Scottish football stories relegated to footnotes. Two cubs with weird identity's, neither wanting to be associated with Scotland,being pandered to by the Scottish media at the expense of clubs proud to be Scottish. Oh what a pickle.

40 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Nothing changes.

Tbf, Tom English did on Sportsound.

He advocated no more away fans and asked what atmosphere would be lost: bigotry, sectarianism, IRA songs...

He'll no doubt get dugs abuse when the hordes, on either side, come too around noon and hear about this personal attack "oan thur kulchars". 😉

kingantti1874

Absolute scum the lot of them. Yesterday was a 90 minute IRA song book fest as well and it hasn’t even been mentioned

upgotheheads
2 hours ago, jambopilms said:

Remember the media outrage when a few things were thrown at Tynecastle

3 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Nothing changes.

I searched high and low in the Herald and thought I had found something  about the events at Celtic Park. This is it, published in the last couple of hours.

Meme of the Day from the Herald Diary | HeraldScotland

18 hours ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

13 seconds into that clip, a bottle is clearly launched from the Rangers animals into the Celtic end, and yet they get all high and mighty about what was happening to them?

The next game at each venue should be behind closed doors, but even that won't teach them a ****ing thing.

Glass bottles on the pitch in the last one, glass bottles into the stands in this one.  Get them both right to ****.

Bindy Badgy
8 minutes ago, tian447 said:

13 seconds into that clip, a bottle is clearly launched from the Rangers animals into the Celtic end, and yet they get all high and mighty about what was happening to them?

The next game at each venue should be behind closed doors, but even that won't teach them a ****ing thing.

Glass bottles on the pitch in the last one, glass bottles into the stands in this one.  Get them both right to ****.

Are you sure it's glass? The flight it took made me think plastic but, the picture quality isn't great so I might be wrong.

3 minutes ago, Bindy Badgy said:

Are you sure it's glass? The flight it took made me think plastic but, the picture quality isn't great so I might be wrong.

I'm not sure it's glass, no, but it's definitely a container of some sort - filled with who knows what.  There were reports of glass bottles, so no idea what is actually going on.

The point is, the title of the video makes it out like they were under some sort of barrage, but there is video evidence of them doing it as well.

How the **** are people getting glass bottles, or any bottles at all, into stadiums in the first place?  They're not the easiest thing to smuggle in due to the size, but at the last game there were loads of them found.  The wee ones, probably easy enough, but that massive bottle of Buckfast?

13643344.png?type=article-full

Edited by tian447

Lord Montpelier
4 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Absolute scum the lot of them. Yesterday was a 90 minute IRA song book fest as well and it hasn’t even been mentioned

Correct. Quite how both sides get away with their sectarian nonsence time after time is beyond belief. Almost like they are untouchable in the eyes of football authorities, politicians, and the law. 

DesertDawg
2 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

John McGlynn poised to join Falkirk.

No doubt part of the Goodwillie fallout in Kirkcaldy.  

Percival King
4 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

I searched high and low in the Herald and thought I had found something  about the events at Celtic Park. This is it, published in the last couple of hours.

Meme of the Day from the Herald Diary | HeraldScotland

Seems to me that each club had fans who were throwing objects and each club had innocent fans who were at risk of being hit by one of those objects. Both clubs should be condemning the elements in their own support and helping the Police identify and punish those individuals. It doesn't really matter who might have started it or who might have thrown more objects. I would expect Hearts (and us fans)  to condemn any supporter who throw a missile onto the pitch or into opposition fans - why do those two clubs find it so hard to accept that some of their supporters can't behave themselves?

upgotheheads
33 minutes ago, Percival King said:

Seems to me that each club had fans who were throwing objects and each club had innocent fans who were at risk of being hit by one of those objects. Both clubs should be condemning the elements in their own support and helping the Police identify and punish those individuals. It doesn't really matter who might have started it or who might have thrown more objects. I would expect Hearts (and us fans)  to condemn any supporter who throw a missile onto the pitch or into opposition fans - why do those two clubs find it so hard to accept that some of their supporters can't behave themselves?

And why does the Glasgow Press find it impossible to report it.

40 minutes ago, Percival King said:

The press releases from both The Piggery and Hunbrox tells you all you need to know: 

Rangers: "Furthermore, we are collating evidence of possible hate crimes which will be reported to Police Scotland as a matter of urgency" - read as "the big bad boys were singing nasty songs"

Celtic: "We are still working through the recent events at Ibrox" - read as "it's not about us, what about what they did before?"

After next derby:

Celtic: "Furthermore, we are collating evidence of possible hate crimes which will be reported to Police Scotland as a matter of urgency" - read as "the big bad boys were singing nasty songs"

Rangers: "We are still working through the recent events at Celtic Park" - read as "it's not about us, what about what they did before?"

The SFA/SPFL have shown they don't have the balls to deal with it, Police Scotland has shown they aren't interested in dealing with it. The only way to deal with this archaic bollocks is to introduce strict liability. 

5 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

John McGlynn poised to join Falkirk.

Was told this on Saturday. Stuck it on my Twitter that night and for once I've not been left to look a tit. :lol: 

Ian Murray would be a good replacement maybe, although wonder if Levein will try get a look in.

The Gorgie

Brother in law was policing at the game, said he had to deal with the green brigade and an other Celtic group fighting with each other in a sports direct car park 😂

Edited by Sir Craig Gordon

DesertDawg
2 minutes ago, Locky said:

Was told this on Saturday. Stuck it on my Twitter that night and for once I've not been left to look a tit. :lol: 

Ian Murray would be a good replacement maybe, although wonder if Levein will try get a look in.

Might need a few board changes first since a number of their sponsorship groups haven't returned yet.

Bazzas right boot
43 minutes ago, trotter said:

The press releases from both The Piggery and Hunbrox tells you all you need to know: 

Rangers: "Furthermore, we are collating evidence of possible hate crimes which will be reported to Police Scotland as a matter of urgency" - read as "the big bad boys were singing nasty songs"

Celtic: "We are still working through the recent events at Ibrox" - read as "it's not about us, what about what they did before?"

After next derby:

Celtic: "Furthermore, we are collating evidence of possible hate crimes which will be reported to Police Scotland as a matter of urgency" - read as "the big bad boys were singing nasty songs"

Rangers: "We are still working through the recent events at Celtic Park" - read as "it's not about us, what about what they did before?"

The SFA/SPFL have shown they don't have the balls to deal with it, Police Scotland has shown they aren't interested in dealing with it. The only way to deal with this archaic bollocks is to introduce strict liability. 

IIRC Aberdeen are the only set of fans that have been pulled up for sectarian singing. 

It's that bad it's funny. 

The Real Maroonblood
9 hours ago, martoon said:

Tbf, Tom English did on Sportsound.

He advocated no more away fans and asked what atmosphere would be lost: bigotry, sectarianism, IRA songs...

He'll no doubt get dugs abuse when the hordes, on either side, come too around noon and hear about this personal attack "oan thur kulchars". 😉

He’s certainly one of a kind.

1 hour ago, DesertDawg said:

Might need a few board changes first since a number of their sponsorship groups haven't returned yet.

Think there'll be big changes at Rovers over the summer. After what happened with Goodwillie, I don't think the relationship between fans and club has been lower. I think McGlynn has also burned bridges with the fans a bit with his involvement of the transfer, and perhaps it's the right time to move on.

According to local press though, Rovers seem keen to keep McGlynn on. More and more of a vicious cycle if that turns out to be the case. That said however, they seemed to be going in the right direction on the park. Were it not for the dark cloud which surrounded the club with the Goodwillie saga, I genuinely think they'd be looking forward to play-off's and possible promotion. Their form dipped before that, but they'd previously been on a fantastic run and have no doubt under better circumstances, they could've got back to winning ways. Especially as Partick faltered a lot towards the tail end.

DesertDawg
1 hour ago, Locky said:

Think there'll be big changes at Rovers over the summer. After what happened with Goodwillie, I don't think the relationship between fans and club has been lower. I think McGlynn has also burned bridges with the fans a bit with his involvement of the transfer, and perhaps it's the right time to move on.

According to local press though, Rovers seem keen to keep McGlynn on. More and more of a vicious cycle if that turns out to be the case. That said however, they seemed to be going in the right direction on the park. Were it not for the dark cloud which surrounded the club with the Goodwillie saga, I genuinely think they'd be looking forward to play-off's and possible promotion. Their form dipped before that, but they'd previously been on a fantastic run and have no doubt under better circumstances, they could've got back to winning ways. Especially as Partick faltered a lot towards the tail end.

Agree on all points.  McGlynn, despite what the Fire Courier might say, may well prefer a change especially if Falkirk, and it seems that they are, offering more money and a longer deal.

Sponsors, and there are a surprising number both in Scotland and elsewhere, seem to have pretty much decided that there have to be board changes, especially at the top.  They need to get the fans back on board too.  Last Friday's game against Kilmarnock had nearly double the number of Kilmarnock fans than Rovers.    

jamboinglasgow
2 hours ago, Locky said:

I cant think of a more idiotic, bone headed and self-destructive decision by a board than the signing Goodwillie. Especially considering when a transfer was mooted a few months before, it was met with condemnation so its not like the board weren't showed the backlash they will face. As you say, I am certain Raith Rovers would have made the play-offs if the Goodwillie move was never made. 

The fact that the chairman of Raith Rovers came out recently and rather than try and show contrition, say something like "we were too focused on his ability that we were blind to what it would mean for the values of the club if he signed, we were wrong and will make sure that will never happen again" he instead said they were right and condemned those who criticised the club. Raith need a new board to try and repair the damage done.

Start of the playoffs this evening.

Hearts youth keeper Liam Macfarlane who was brilliant in the youth cup final is on a week long emergency loan at Montrose.

Partick v Inverness

Montrose v Airdrieonians

Annan v Forfar

Edinburgh City v Dumbarton

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
22 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Rumours Alexander at Motherwell has left? Go on Ron you know it makes sense😂

Didn't he sign a long-term contract quite recently?

RustyRightPeg
22 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Rumours Alexander at Motherwell has left? Go on Ron you know it makes sense😂

Despite league position, I’ve read a lot of unhappy Motherwell fans this season. Haven’t watched a lot of them but it seems after January (coinciding with Watt leaving) they’ve struggled and not scored a lot of goals. 

Similar to Aberdeen, not really sure what they want / expect! 

Mikey1874
45 minutes ago, kila said:

Hearts youth keeper Liam Macfarlane who was brilliant in the youth cup final is on a week long emergency loan at Montrose.

Partick v Inverness

Montrose v Airdrieonians

Annan v Forfar

Stream for later for Partick v Inverness.

http://www.hesgoal.com/news/102482/Partick_Thistle_vs_Inverness.html

Edited by Mikey1874

Mikey1874

On McGlynn Falkirk also have recently had a bit of a toxic relationship with their fans. Could be a good move.

Unclear whether Falkirk, Raith Rovers or Hibs have the biggest challenges just now. 

Edited by Mikey1874

43 minutes ago, kila said:

Partick v Inverness

Montrose v Airdrieonians

Annan v Forfar

Like many others I'm sure, I love these games in the lower leagues.  Will be following them with great interest this morning.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

On McGlynn Falkirk also have recently had a bit of a toxic relationship with their fans. Could be a good move.

Unclear whether Falkirk, Raith Rovers or Hibs have the biggest challenges just now. 

Hearts.

Rick Sanchez

I should want ICT to win but I think Partick and Ian McCall would bring more to the league.