*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

This is splendid news.  Willie Millar in despair makes it even better.

Other results have gone our way recently and a win tomorrow will be enormous.  

Motherwell v Hibs tomorrow is good for us and we'll take good care of Motherwell on Saturday.

• Replies 62.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

kingantti1874
8 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

That demented old prick should have been put out to pasture a long time ago. 

yup.. ****ing Aberdeen can barely muster 10k fans yet they have this overwhelming  entitlement..

its a city on a fast track to being the next Dundee.. they closer to st Johnstone than us

Edited by kingantti1874

willie wallace

Not Scottish obviously but Beni's wee brother scored the only goal as Wigan beat ArsenalU/21s in the Papa John cup.

Get him signed 🙄

Tennant's  6's
35 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Willie Miller was willing to bet Aberdeen finished above Hearts on tonight's Sportsound show.  😂

He needs to be put out to pasture.  It's not even funny at how much of an imbecile he is..

Great result for us though. Supreb in fact. 

Fxxx the SPFL
12 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

This is splendid news.  Willie Millar in despair makes it even better.

Other results have gone our way recently and a win tomorrow will be enormous.  

Motherwell v Hibs tomorrow is good for us and we'll take good care of Motherwell on Saturday.

Do we want a draw with Well and the Hobbits tomorrow 

Tennant's  6's
28 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Early fan reaction 

Thanks for that. 

After the shit we've been through in recent yrs, it's great to see some of these clubs suffering. 

Whilst we've good people improving various aspects of our club 👊

Tennant's  6's
3 minutes ago, wallace_mercer said:

Willie miller has a genuine hatred for all things hearts - anyone know why ?

The old codger sees us as a genuine threat to his mob. A possible, credible 'Third Force', a la Sporting on Portugal. Behind the top two, but usually ahead of the rest.

7 minutes ago, wallace_mercer said:

Willie miller has a genuine hatred for all things hearts - anyone know why ?

Cos he reads kickback?

I agree, though, he likes to put the boot in. Probably frustrated at how easily Hearts have got to third. He seems to baulk at any club having ambition to challenge at the top unless its wur Aberdeen.

Edited by Riccarton3

14 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

I’d say so Yes

We have a hard game we might well lose. And we have Motherwell and Hibs to play soon. IMO those are the only two threats to 3rd place so you’d want them to cancel each other out this week, then beat both of them of course

A Hibs win tomorrow wouldn’t unduly trouble me if we’ve beaten Celtic 

Edited by JimmyCant

bobby bombscare
10 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

id this time tomorrow, we have drew with celtic and hibs/well drew, i would be happy with that. I would be happier with us getting 3 points and hibs getting pumped though! 

But any situation where we are still 8 points clear or more is good with me.

6 minutes ago, bobby bombscare said:

id this time tomorrow, we have drew with celtic and hibs/well drew, i would be happy with that. I would be happier with us getting 3 points and hibs getting pumped though! 

But any situation where we are still 8 points clear or more is good with me.

A Hearts win and a Hibs win puts us 10 points clear of Hibs and 11 clear of Motherwell. Aberdeen would be out of the equation for 3rd IMO. Without wishing for a Hibs win, it wouldn’t be the worst outcome 

Edited by JimmyCant

Jangling Jack

Delighted to see that Aberdeen result but pisses me off that we've failed to beat that mince twice. Confident we'll do them next time though. 👍

3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

A Hearts win and a Hibs win puts us 10 points clear. Without wishing for a Hibs win, it wouldn’t be the worst outcome 

I never want Hibs to win

3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

A Hearts win and a Hibs win puts us 10 points clear of Hibs and 11 clear of Motherwell. Aberdeen would be out of the equation for 3rd IMO. Without wishing for a Hibs win, it wouldn’t be the worst outcome 

Motherwell don't have the ability to keep up with us, the last thing we want is Hibs getting a run of wins before the Derby.  

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

I never want Hibs to win

Me neither, but it’s easier to swallow if there is a direct benefit to Hearts

1 minute ago, Jambo92 said:

Motherwell don't have the ability to keep up with us, the last thing we want is Hibs getting a run of wins before the Derby.  

I think we’re much better than both of them and we’ll finish at least 15 points above both of them IMO

bobby bombscare
4 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

if we beat celtic tomorrow, well on saturday and hibs on the 1st, then, if results go our way, we could be 19 points clear of hibs by the start of Feb, with a motherwell team that has lost their main striker as the closest team to chase us...

EDIT: worth noting, we have 3 of the most difficult fixtures we could get over the next 7 days.

Edited by bobby bombscare

13 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Without wishing for a Hibs win, it wouldn’t be the worst outcome 

:what: 

Unless it resulted in us winning the league get to **** with this scenario. 

15 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Me neither, but it’s easier to swallow if there is a direct benefit to Hearts

Motherwell to beat Hibs.

Hearts to beat Motherwell on Saturday. Balance restored.

19 minutes ago, bobby bombscare said:

if we beat celtic tomorrow, well on saturday and hibs on the 1st, then, if results go our way, we could be 19 points clear of hibs by the start of Feb, with a motherwell team that has lost their main striker as the closest team to chase us...

EDIT: worth noting, we have 3 of the most difficult fixtures we could get over the next 7 days.

Yeah the edit is the crucial bit, momentum is everything in this league, not much between the teams.  We clearly deserve to be where we are in the league, but still alot of points to be won and lost.  The next 3 weeks will be crucial.

Draw would be an ideal result, prefer Hibs to get beat though  ,put them in the right frame of mind for Tuesday. Especially if we pump Motherwell on Saturday. 

Bazzas right boot
42 minutes ago, Boris said:

Motherwell to beat Hibs.

Hearts to beat Motherwell on Saturday. Balance restored.

This would be decent, especially if we won at ER, basically Motherwell, Aberdeen and Hibs would be further away from us with none of them gaining. 

We also play Aberdeen next at home. 

1 hour ago, bobby bombscare said:

Your edit is exactly right.  After them we have a run of games we should be winning.

Things are looking very good.

40 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Your edit is exactly right.  After them we have a run of games we should be winning.

Things are looking very good.

More worried about one of the also rans winning the sc than hearts not finishing at least 3rd

1 hour ago, dav1e said:

Draw would be an ideal result, prefer Hibs to get beat though  ,put them in the right frame of mind for Tuesday. Especially if we pump Motherwell on Saturday. 

We can argue all day about future games that are not upon us yet and speculate about the possible outcomes and permutations. As well as a best case scenario from the next week or so there is also an unthinkable and unlikely worse case scenario at play where Motherwell could conceivably go above us. Hibs are 10 points behind us, even the worst set of results imaginable in the next 3 games leaves them still behind us.

With that in mind the best two outcomes tomorrow for us are a Hearts win and Motherwell/Hibs draw. If Hearts do win there isn’t much to worry about in the other game. If Hearts lose and Motherwell win the gap is down to 5 with us to play them next and followed by an away derby

Its a semantic argument in a lot of ways because 3rd place is in our hands and can be won without any other results going our way all season, but if we can build a cushion of 10 points or more between us and the only two remaining rivals for 3rd, in the next week or so that’s a psychological comfort zone and they are simply not going to catch us barring a catastrophic collapse on our part 

Edited by JimmyCant

4 hours ago, Rattatooi said:

I see Aberdeen as our main challenge so a Midden result for me.

Seen plenty people say this, but I really don't see it myself. We've dropped silly points directly to them, but they're 11 points behind us and quite frankly look rotten. They'll be lucky to get European football next season.

Classic emotional letdown game for Aberdeen. They got their point against Rangers and did a faceplant in Paisley.

I never celebrate injuries to any players but Hagi being out for the season does rangers no favours and improves our chances when we go to Ibrox.

6 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Good old eberdeen!! Eh, how does the saying go? couldnae kick a jelly bean! 🤣😂🤣😅

My, that takes me back😀, my two laddies used to chant that in the car any time we headed through to watch us playing them, my youngest yin took great delight in singing along to the sheepshagging song at Tynecastle 😂

don’t tell his mum:facepalm:

6 hours ago, Locky said:

Seen plenty people say this, but I really don't see it myself. We've dropped silly points directly to them, but they're 11 points behind us and quite frankly look rotten. They'll be lucky to get European football next season.

Not watched a lot of them but I seen them against Hibs and quite frankly they are one of the worst football teams I had watched in a long time including our shit performances over the years.They appeared to have zero footballing ability.I can't see them making top 6

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Motherwell’s form is dipping. If Hibs don’t win they really are on a big down slope.

I expect Motherwell to go on a Dundee Utd esq run, Tbf to them they haven't yet tho and I think their manager has done very well. 

They'll be thinking beat Hibs, Celtic beat us and then rock up to Tynecastle with 3rd in there sights! 

4 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Not watched a lot of them but I seen them against Hibs and quite frankly they are one of the worst football teams I had watched in a long time including our shit performances over the years.They appeared to have zero footballing ability.I can't see them making top 6

With that squad of players McInnes would have them up with us in and around 3rd, they’d definitely be a major headache for us, what the owner sees in Glass I’m not sure but the style of football is certainly no better and results are worse.

2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I expect Motherwell to go on a Dundee Utd esq run, Tbf to them they haven't yet tho and I think their manager has done very well. 

They'll be thinking beat Hibs, Celtic beat us and then rock up to Tynecastle with 3rd in there sights! 

Hibs have similar ambitions if they win tonight. If we win that'll put a spanner in the works! 

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

With that squad of players McInnes would have them up with us in and around 3rd, they’d definitely be a major headache for us, what the owner sees in Glass I’m not sure but the style of football is certainly no better and results are worse.

After the dust has settled there’s not been much damage done. M’well and Hibs gained just a point, Aberdeen gained hee-haw and we’ve gotten Celtic out the way. 

I’m confident of winning the next two. 

Nelly Terraces

Just noticed the vermin are at home as well on Saturday. How the hell have those in charge managed to allow that to happen? Can't honestly remember us & them playing home league games on the same day for obvious reasons.

Be good to see the difference in attendances - only going to be one winner on that front I feel!