*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

Radio only for me tonight and quite looking forward to it. No work tomorrow, a few beers in the kitchen* and no stress as Hearts aren't playing. 

A wee bit conflicted about what I'd like from Hibs vs. Rangers. Never want the former to win but would also like the OF to drop points. Winning the title is far fetched, shall we say, but I'd very much like Hearts to stay in touch at the top to keep the dream alive.

A draw, perhaps, the best outcome for us.

Predictions:

Aberdeen 1 St  Johnstone 1

Dundee 2 Ross County 0

Hibs 1 Rangers 3

St. Mirren 1 Ross Co. 1

Everton 0 Liverpool 0 in the derby.

*her indoors and her mini me rule the sitting room telly. 

Edited by martoon

• Replies 62.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, martoon said:

Radio only for me tonight and quite looking forward to it. No work tomorrow, a few beers in the kitchen* and no stress as Hearts aren't playing. 

A wee bit conflicted about what I'd like from Hibs vs. Rangers. Never want the former to win but would also like the OF to drop points. Winning the title is far fetched, shall we say, but I'd very much like Hearts to stay in touch at the top to keep the dream alive.

Predictions:

Dundee 2 Ross County 0

Hibs 1 Rangers 3

St. Mirren 1 Ross Co. 1

Hibs are a rival for a European spot so I want them to drop points. Plus they are hibs

Just now, inspector said:

Hibs are a rival for a European spot so I want them to drop points. Plus they are hibs

Ultimately, probably true. 

If Hibs are funnelled I'll be happy enough. 😊 

Have to say I won't burst into tears if the cabbages stick it right up the new rangers again.  It's a can't loose situation for me.  Every result possible is a cause for a mini celebration.

A Hibs/Hearts double of the next day would a be a cause for celebration and great for us.

Can't see it though.

We’ve got no chance of winning any league so finishing above hibs in 3rd should be our aim so a pumping please for hibs 

10 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Have to say I won't burst into tears if the cabbages stick it right up the new rangers again.  It's a can't loose situation for me.  Every result possible is a cause for a mini celebration.

A Hibs/Hearts double of the next day would a be a cause for celebration and great for us.

Can't see it though.

Sorry but any hibs win is never a cause for celebration 

I forgot there were games on tonight, just looked at the fixtures.

Dundee            Win.

Aberdeen        Draw.

Rangers          Win.

Laydowners   Win

38 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Can't see it though.

**** that!  It’s good for us to keep up with the old firm for as long as possible but Hibs are fragile. Roll on their next 5 game losing streak. 

46 minutes ago, theshed said:

We’ve got no chance of winning any league so finishing above hibs in 3rd should be our aim so a pumping please for hibs 

I will take that, for me that is the ideal progress. We invest into the clubs ambitions and they take due dilligence to bring in said footballing artists. For a Europa league assault.

Edited by A.JAMBO

Disser Pointon
51 minutes ago, theshed said:

This all day long.

Wouldnt mind a nil-nil draw with a couple of long term non-career threatning injuries and a violent conduct red card for a Rangers key player plus a good few bookings and then a cabbage pitch invasion 🤞

HeartsandonlyHearts

It is a tough one.

#!bs to lose every day and twice on Sundays.

I’d love us to keep up with the @$$ cheeks but the past thirty years history would say otherwise. So #!bs to get their @$$es skelped is the next best thing. 3 or 4 goal drubbing and their goal difference is past caring about for us.

1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

We’ll be ok as we never get to League Cup finals and the SFA usually give a 50/50 split for Scottish Cup finals where both teams can sell out (hasn’t always been the case in League Cup finals but they’re not under the jurisdiction of the SFA).

How many tickets did Hibs sell for the Semi Final ? 

If they sold out they have a case if not then 17.5k is fair. 

gorgie rd eh11
5 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I've a healthy dislike for hibs, but not splitting ticket sales down the middle at a supposedly neutral venue is wrong. It wouldn't happen in England, but they're not run by tinpot old firm **** lickers.

2 hours ago, martoon said:

Predictions:

Dundee 2 Ross County 0

Hibs 1 Rangers 3

St. Mirren 1 Ross Co. 1

Aberdeen Livingston 0-0

Dundee St Johnstone 1-1

Hibarneyian The Strangers 0-2

Helen Mirren  Ross ***** 2-1

There is a chance hibs might get a draw.    Boyle is back. 

Edited by HMFC01
spelling mistake

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, martoon said:

Predictions:

Dundee 2 Ross County 0

Hibs 1 Rangers 3

St. Mirren 1 Ross Co. 1

Draw probably the best outcome at ER, a few reds and some broken bones might well make some folk happy, not me obviously. 

Fozzyonthefence
14 minutes ago, luckydug said:

So we don’t deserve 50% either when we get to finals?  Or are you only applying this logic to Hibs? How is 17.5k fair too - how do you arrive at that figure if they sold a lot less than 17.5k for the semi?

I don’t agree with you at all.  A final is supposed to be at a neutral venue so neither team has an advantage.  If both teams can sell 50% that’s what should happen, why give an advantage to one of the teams?  Yes, it’s tough on season ticket holders who can’t get tickets and some in the other end might be at their first game of the season but it gives neither team an advantage so is fair.

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

5 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

So we don’t deserve 50% either when we get to finals?  Or are you only applying this logic to Hibs? How is 17.5k fair too - how do you arrive at that figure if they sold a lot less than 17.5k for the semi?

I don’t agree with you at all.  A final is supposed to be at a neutral venue so neither team has an advantage.  If both teams can sell 50% that’s what should happen, why give an advantage to one of the teams?  Yes, it’s tough on season ticket holders who can’t get tickets and some in the other end might be at their first game of the season but it gives neither team an advantage so is fair.

In answer to your question - yes just Hibs! Feck them, their players and their fans!

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

In answer to your question - yes just Hibs! Feck them, their players and their fans!

Fair enough! 

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I don’t agree with you at all.  A final is supposed to be at a neutral venue so neither team has an advantage.  It both teams can sell 50% that’s what should happen, why give an advantage to one of the teams?  Yes, it’s tough on season ticket holders who can’t get tickets and some in the other end might be at their first game of the season but it gives neither team an advantage so is fair.

Agreed.

Said the same last week.

It's a final, not a Celtic (or Rangers) home game. 50/50 should always be the aim.

When the OF, and their fans, are disgruntled about 50/50, they should blame the SFA.

It was they who "modernised" Hampden on the cheap, with a small 52k capacity, and they who dismissed any possibility of sharing the 67k Murrayfield with the Rugby lot.

I've just had a thought - when games start in the evenings (tonight, 7:45) when do players eat during the day? They obviously need to keep their energy high but I can't imagine that they would eat too much before a game.

InternationalJambo
1 minute ago, JJ93 said:

I've just had a thought - when games start in the evenings (tonight, 7:45) when do players eat during the day? They obviously need to keep their energy high but I can't imagine that they would eat too much before a game.

From my experience it’s usually a late filling lunch around 2-3pm and then it’s a case of energy based snacks around dinner time. 

3 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

High carb and high protein meal prior to a match most likely.

If Easter Road isn’t full tonight (unlikely) they have no right to want more final tickets. On the bright side it’s freezing outside so they’ll all have a miserable cold night. 

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Why does Morelos have two haircuts at the same time? 

To go with his personalities 

Just now, N Lincs Jambo said:

Hibs fans disguised as seats again!

Bunch of idiots, how can a side not sell out after dumping Rangers out a cup.. Into a final, and this is how the scumbags treat their team. Aweful the lot of them.

5 minutes ago, been here before said:

What an absolute beemur of a home support again at Easter Road.

But but but 

Reckon it was last weeks storms that put many off , like 8k, something like that

Green army 

Maroon Sailor

Hibs fans singing Rangers fans were there when they won the Scottish cup

Nobody was there due to high spirited frolics with each other on the pitch

2 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Sooo Sevco fans singing Andy Halliday song there....would suggest he is possibly in with them 😬

It was hibs fans signing about Halliday

Fozzyonthefence
18 minutes ago, Tazio said:

If Easter Road isn’t full tonight (unlikely) they have no right to want more final tickets. On the bright side it’s freezing outside so they’ll all have a miserable cold night. 

Bizarre logic! Got **** all to do with the final.  

Hearts of Vladland
2 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Sooo Sevco fans singing Andy Halliday song there....would suggest he is possibly in with them 😬

Hibs fans singing the Pa Kujabi song is it not?