*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Rangers really need to be more clincal, they  dominate play and possession and create but if they don't get ahead by a few and the game becomes a battle they struggle, defence still mistake ridden as well.

I thought maybe they had turned that corner.

Your spot on, they have absolutely dominated this game basically camped in Hibs half but somehow look fragile at the back. 

• Replies 63k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, stevie1874 said:

Your spot on, they have absolutely dominated this game basically camped in Hibs half but somehow look fragile at the back. 

Possession:Hibs 31% - Rangers 69%

Shots: Hibs 7 - Rangers 18

I have watched some if the games but there is one team that have rode their luck and certainly having a rub of the green is Hibs, 3 games so far I could mention that they would have dropped points. 

Absolute Scenes

The most frustrating thing about this is Hibs will be pumping themselves into oblivion that they’ve managed a draw here. Even if they sneak a win they have jammed their way to several points this season due to poor officials. They are absolute huddy and rangers need to hold their heads in shame for not punishing this utter crap on display. 

Салатные палочки

I still don't get the need to announce a MOTM to an empty stadium :laugh:. Who really gives a shite? 

Gorgie Boot boy
2 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

I still don't get the need to announce a MOTM to an empty stadium :laugh:. Who really gives a shite? 

If this Rangers attempt to halt the tramps 10. Blew it. 

Vermin play dirty though, push for a goal.

Should of gave away a few penalties as well.

Shite game.

Салатные палочки
5 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Boyle Hibs MotM 🤣

Aye, crossed for the equaliser even though he was offside, but otherwise anonymous.

Their keeper has kept them in this.

The funny thing being, if Hearts put in that performance we would be cynical cloggers, a typical Hearts team. 

No doubt this will go down as some tactical masterclass. They had to put their usual free-flowing attractive football to the side for a day to combat big, bad Rangers. 

1 minute ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Hibs luck seems to show no signs of running out. Another awful performance yet they come away with a point. 

The offside decision that wasn't given in the build up to the 2nd goal - pathetic stuff. Hubz getting plenty of luck so far. 

Real sad thing about this is that I think Celtic will cruise to a 10th title. Don’t know what it is about Gerrard’s Rangers. No matter how on top they struggle to put teams away. 

Hibs? Well we’ve been waiting for their luck to run out. An unbelievable amount of dodgy decisions have went their way this season. Let’s hope that stops before the semi. 

24 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Just goes to show that Boyle is all they have. Literally the only way they play. Mark him out of the game and we will beat this mob easily. Both goals have come from allowing Boyle too much space and time on the ball. 

Far too confident based on absolute little.  They’ve just drawn with the best team in Scotland. 

1 minute ago, Salad Fingers said:

The funny thing being, if Hearts put in that performance we would be cynical cloggers, a typical Hearts team. 

No doubt this will go down as some tactical masterclass. They had to put their usual free-flowing attractive football to the side for a day to combat big, bad Rangers. 

Totally.

Hibs did work hard. But got the breaks. 

2 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

I doubt we would care what anyone said if we drew 2-2 to keep us third in the Premiership.  I wouldn’t even mind Levein ball. 

On the plus side, prior to the semi final they will have absolutely convinced themselves that they’re world beaters.

And we ALL know how that ends 😀

1 minute ago, DS98 said:

Real sad thing about this is that I think Celtic will cruise to a 10th title. Don’t know what it is about Gerrard’s Rangers. No matter how on top they struggle to put teams away. 

Hibs? Well we’ve been waiting for their luck to run out. An unbelievable amount of dodgy decisions have went their way this season. Let’s hope that stops DURING the semi. 

FTFY 😀

Салатные палочки
2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

I doubt we would care what anyone said if we drew 2-2 to keep us third in the Premiership.  I wouldn’t even mind Levein ball. 

Not at all. There just seems to be a different narrative when Hibs are involved as a lot of people have bought into their footballing myth. 

However, and I say this through gritted teeth, they seem to have found a bit of grit. 

Stevenson for Doig changed that game.

Something for Jack Ross to consider though seems to back that to change system after 60 minutes. Something for Hearts to counter in semi.

will-i-am-a-jambo
6 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Far too confident based on absolute little.  They’ve just drawn with the best team in Scotland

Is this an attempt at sarcasm or have you just outed yourself as a rabid Hun?

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Something for Jack Ross to consider though seems to back that to change system after 60 minutes. Something for Hearts to counter in semi.

Not seen anything from Doig to suggest he's a decent player – despite all the media over him.

5 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Not at all. There just seems to be a different narrative when Hibs are involved as a lot of people have bought into their footballing myth. 

However, and I say this through gritted teeth, they seem to have found a bit of grit. 

True. 

8 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

If WE drew 2-2, at home to keep us 3rd in the premiership There’d be folk queuing up on here to have a pop at the manager for not having the bells to win. That’s a fact!

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

Ok , care to explain? As much as it pains me to say it but l would argue Celtic are.

The Boys in maroon are the best in the land.

3 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

If WE drew 2-2, at home to keep us 3rd in the premiership There’d be folk queuing up on here to have a pop at the manager for not having the bells to win. That’s a fact!

Nah I wouldn’t think so. 

Ok , care to explain? As much as it pains me to say it but l would argue Celtic are.

I think they have a better side than Celtic player for player. Not that it really matters in the grand scheme of things though. 

will-i-am-a-jambo
Just now, Gorgie Boot boy said:

The Boys in maroon are the best in the land.

Totally agree with you, lm just talking statistically.

will-i-am-a-jambo
1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

I think they have a better side than Celtic player for player. Not that it really matters in the grand scheme of things though. 

Ok no problem, thanks for explanation. I was just going on stats and stats alone. I haven't watched any games so far so l wouldn't know either way.

Gorgie Boot boy

Totally agree with you, lm just talking statistically.

Ah yes well Hearts are the Third best team in the land on stats right enough.

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

Just now, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

Ok no problem, thanks for explanation. I was just going on stats and stats alone. I haven't watched any games so far so l wouldn't know either way.

No bother mate. 

13 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

They got a goal after he came on, the pattern of the game was still the same one way traffic. Rangers gave away a silly goal Hibs held on. Maybe just me but I can’t see the tactical master stroke. 

Absolute Scenes
21 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Far too confident based on absolute little.  They’ve just drawn with the best team in Scotland. 

And we beat both of them twice last season. I will not lower myself to give them credit as none exists. Their second goal was offside and far too often have they won points due to poor officiating this season. They are where they are because of poor decisions by officials. 

4 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

And we beat both of them twice last season. I will not lower myself to give them credit as none exists. Their second goal was offside and far too often have they won points due to poor officiating this season. They are where they are because of poor decisions by officials. 

There’s not giving any of the credit and there’s being totally deluded saying every team is utter shit and we will hammer anyone if we do this and that as we sit in the Championship signing randoms that are being bigged up again based on very little. 

20 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Now calling out moaning minnies through hypotheticals. 

:rofl: 

Edited by Des Lynam

32 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Hibs are shite and rangers are still not catching celtic this season.

Nothing changes.

According to the table, Rangers have already caught them.  Celtic not looking too hot either at the moment.

36 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

If this Rangers attempt to halt the tramps 10. Blew it. 

Vermin play dirty though, push for a goal.

Should of gave away a few penalties as well.

Shite game.

Garbage that was a decent game.

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, Lfhearts said:

If you don't know difference between a good and a poor game, I cannot help you.

Was shite for numerous reasons.

6 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Was shite for numerous reasons.

Got to agree. I tuned in expecting Hibs to get humped. By hook or by crook they got a result without deserving it. That makes it a shite game for me. 

But I’m immature and hate Hibs.