Summertime Mafia Game

yvonnejambo

37 minutes ago, Boof said:

That would have been some trio of kills :lol: 

Quite like Vlad's idea of the assassin PM-ing their victim but it might make it too easy to work out who the assassin is just by noticing who might have been online. I know when I've been quiet (for me :lol: ) as a goon I've tried not to post in match-day threads and suchlike. Makes it tricky! Vlad's method does rely on the victim being absolutely trustable though...in a game where you trust nobody :lol: 

I'd be willing to mod a game sometime and see if it works.

i agree it would rely on trust, i think because it is a bit of fun everyone would follow the rules

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Groot

• Marvin

• Shapes

• yvonnejambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i agree it would rely on trust, i think because it is a bit of fun everyone would follow the rules

I too agree, and given that we are all supposedly mature adults I think we will follow the rules. After all if we didn't it will just spoil the game and people will stop playing.   

6 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I too agree, and given that we are all supposedly mature adults I think we will follow the rules. After all if we didn't it will just spoil the game and people will stop playing.   

“If” the target revealed who done it I would expect whoever they revealed it to do the honourable thing and say.

I genuinely don’t think anyone who plays would though. If they did it would be a game ban.

yvonnejambo

So if the moderator wasn’t online and the assassin pms their victim to say they are killed, would the victim post a woo I’m dead post on the game so others know they are dead? 

2 minutes ago, yvonnejambo said:

So if the moderator wasn’t online and the assassin pms their victim to say they are killed, would the victim post a woo I’m dead post on the game so others know they are dead? 

Yup and reveal their role 👍

2 minutes ago, yvonnejambo said:

i would assume so, stating their role

If the victim wasn’t online when the assassination took place, they have to when the next login and receive the PM.

6 minutes ago, yvonnejambo said:

Actually thinking. It wouldn’t make any difference if the game MOD was online or not?

This would be a completely new way of assassinations being completed. No MOD required as they are taking place at any time.

5 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

If the victim wasn’t online when the assassination took place, they have to when the next login and receive the PM.

the assassin would PM both the victim and mod and whoever is online first reveals it

yvonnejambo
Just now, milky_26 said:

the assassin would PM both the victim and mod and whoever is online first reveals it

Yeah that could work 😁

10 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Works 👍👍

Rudi Skacel

Only problem is if niether is online it loses the affect. 

i certainly know if i was the assasin and i was getting lynched id just kill 3 random people for the hell of it

3 minutes ago, Rudi Skacel said:

i certainly know if i was the assasin and i was getting lynched id just kill 3 random people for the hell of it

Which is what happens with current set up.

The new set up would enable the assassin more freedom to pick off squabbling people and create conspiracy there and then.

I agree if the mod is offline or the target is offline it loses its effect. However thinking about the game why would an assassin knowing the new freedom they have take out a player offline? 

They can choose to do so of course which is how the rules are setup up now anyway?

Basically it simply adds a new dimension to the role of the assassin. One they can use to exploit conversations and manipulate situations to whatever means they want to achieve.

Rudi Skacel
21 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Which is what happens with current set up.

The new set up would enable the assassin more freedom to pick off squabbling people and create conspiracy there and then.

I agree if the mod is offline or the target is offline it loses its effect. However thinking about the game why would an assassin knowing the new freedom they have take out a player offline? 

They can choose to do so of course which is how the rules are setup up now anyway?

Basically it simply adds a new dimension to the role of the assassin. One they can use to exploit conversations and manipulate situations to whatever means they want to achieve.

i was saying anything against it. I was just saying what I would do. 

i was just pointing out the obvious flaw but it cant be helped i guess. 

one way around it, i dont know if its possible, but we have an assasain forum account. Whoever is the assasain can log in and post on the thread saying “I have shot Shapes” and then that way there isnt any doubt. They would also have to pm the game mod at the same time so that its not open to abuse but I dont think it would be. 

Some decent ideas going about.

Why not try a game with assassin free to kill as they choose but messages MOD and target when they decide to kill?

See how it goes?

If everyone’s singing off same hymn sheet it should run smoothly?

If it throws up any issues we can either deal with them as we go or make changes for next game?

Personally thinking it through I can’t see any issues?

19 minutes ago, Rudi Skacel said:

one way around it, i dont know if its possible, but we have an assasain forum account. Whoever is the assasain can log in and post on the thread saying “I have shot Shapes” and then that way there isnt any doubt. They would also have to pm the game mod at the same time so that its not open to abuse but I dont think it would be. 

Hmmm - I like the sound of that! 

If the Admins approve, we could have a single account named Assassin and whoever becomes the assassin becomes the password-holder for the duration of that game for the three kills required.

I don't think multiple accounts are permitted but this would be, I suppose, a joint account.

EDIT : Though Vlad's plan above seems a lot less complicated :lol: 

Edited by Boof

1 hour ago, Rudi Skacel said:

If you were getting lynched the people lynching would have to be online.

Actually this does bring up a problem.

You are being lynched. You do as Rudi says and kill 3 off. I’m assuming the assassin kills would have to count first and the lynch stopped?

OR

If you are to late the lynch counts and any attempt to assassinate after Cant count because you are dead?

1 hour ago, Smack said:

Just in case I'm the assassin in the next game, can I preorder an Assassinate Dr Sheldon Cooper?

:rofl:

2 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

You are being lynched. You do as Rudi says and kill 3 off. I’m assuming the assassin kills would have to count first and the lynch stopped?

OR

If you are to late the lynch counts and any attempt to assassinate after Cant count because you are dead?

That's where the time-critical bits fit in. Maybe ban the assassin from assassinating in the 15 minutes before deadline?

It would create havoc for everybody if someone - possibly not even the assassin - was taken out of the lead by one of their voters getting assassinated :lol: 
Those who had carefully crafted their strategy to just sneak a vote in before the deadline...foiled by a trigger-happy assassin trying to sow doubt amongst everybody.

I love it :D 

Or deadline gets extended by enough time for the moderator to catch up with events if the assassin strikes within 15 minutes of it?

Rudi Skacel
2 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

OR

if a lynch happens its automaticly night. Someone will notice. 

pm’ing the game mod and the person you are assasinating means you are relying on the person 1) being online, but 2) being honest. You can see a PM without reading it. Eg a goon could be killed, see that they were about to be assisnated and say in their chat, changing strategy. with an assasain account posting in the thread, it removes any doubt and its there immediately for everyone to see. 

Rudi Skacel

There shouldnt be any problem with the account as it will only be used for mafia games rather than general posting. Just makes it fair for everyone. 

19 minutes ago, Rudi Skacel said:

There shouldnt be any problem with the account as it will only be used for mafia games rather than general posting. Just makes it fair for everyone. 

I'll see what the Admin chaps say...

Waiting to hear back from a couple of them but it's looking positive so far for Rudi's extra account idea.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
10 hours ago, Smack said:

Just in case I'm the assassin in the next game, can I preorder an Assassinate Dr Sheldon Cooper?

😂😂🖕

I like the idea of the Assassin user account. How feasible that is I'm not sure. Still keeps the anonymity of the game which is an important factor.

Stuart McNeill

I may have missed it but I take it if we were in a situation where it was 

Shapes - 4

Groot - 4 

Boof - 1

Stuart - 1 

6 for a lynch, but 3 instantly got killed to save shapes 

Would groot just instantly be lynched? 

1 hour ago, Stuart McNeill said:

I may have missed it but I take it if we were in a situation where it was 

Shapes - 4

Groot - 4 

Boof - 1

Stuart - 1 

6 for a lynch, but 3 instantly got killed to save shapes 

Would groot just instantly be lynched? 

I think that would be on the cusp of a lynching.

Thinking aloud here...

6 for a lynch would be a minimum of 10 players. Assassin takes out 3 leaving 7 so yes - 4 for a lynch would see Groot (a) lynched and (b) probably berating the assassin for being a numpty since he was clearly good.

11 players would still be 6 for a lynch so losing 3 to the assassin would leave 8 and therefore 5 for a lynch. So Groot would be saved by the sums :D 

Scenario 1 sounds like it could be deliciously mischievous :lol: 

Stuart McNeill
2 hours ago, Boof said:

Thinking aloud here...

6 for a lynch would be a minimum of 10 players. Assassin takes out 3 leaving 7 so yes - 4 for a lynch would see Groot (a) lynched and (b) probably berating the assassin for being a numpty since he was clearly good.

11 players would still be 6 for a lynch so losing 3 to the assassin would leave 8 and therefore 5 for a lynch. So Groot would be saved by the sums :D 

Imagine either killing all goons and a townie... the scenes in the town!!!

or worse.

Cop and 3 masons haha.

Yeah I like this idea alot

6 hours ago, Boof said:

Thinking aloud here...

I am absolutely up for trialling something mischievous in my game. The more we can get numbers wise the more I can trial 

10 hours ago, Shapes said:

that sounds familiar :laugh: 

Edited by Marvin

My shifts have changed for next week and I'm going out during the day instead of back shift so my last back shift for ages is next Monday so I'll get a sign up thread open for aim of starting next Tuesday