Summertime Mafia Game

yvonnejambo

On 16/07/2020 at 10:15, Groot said:

I was up until 1am recording the mrs making Red & Green Curry so a bit shagged this morning

After the evening's events I'll start figuring out my goon lists - only got 5 to pick from

this 🖕🏻

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Groot

• Marvin

• Shapes

• yvonnejambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So:

We’re agreed that the masons were utterly woeful and can sigh a breath of relief that the final day tie went in their favour?

Goons almost snatched victory from the jaws of defeat?

I think that’s a fair assessment 😁

Nah not having that

Day 1 aside (where at least I was trying to contribute and play the game) and day 2 where I maintained my follow up of Marvin as I had nothing else to go on what did I do wrong?

You wanted a trust list? I gave you one I really didn’t think it needed spelling out to everyone else afterwards that the 3 people who voted and lynched a confirmed good guy right after each other were the ****ing goons

Sean proudly stated it was a lynch in thread and you still felt the need to waste an investigation on him and I had a shocker! Nah not at all

Rudi Skacel
2 minutes ago, Groot said:

this 🖕🏻

Had you put a trust list up, would have stopped me, and perhaps bunny from voting vlad, and the goons would have only known 1 role, yours. They wouldnt have know who the cop was or who the townie (potential turncoat) was. Instead the way you guys played it, you all revealed yourself at once making it obvious who was who. By that time bunny had signed off, sealing the deal (in fairness the goons made it obvious who they were although you still couldnt work it out) not actually you, but whoever voted for marvin. Cant remenber who

yvonnejambo

I would say it’s easy in hindsight and very hard for plain townies as they have nobody to guide them. I thought the Vlad voting Groot was an error as that works if goons but not masons.

The masons piling on Marvin was questionable, when not knowing if he was good or bad

The goons going for killing mason rather than going for a townie who they could have potentially turned was also questionable and the cop investigating Ian and Sean when looked fairly obvious they were goons after the pile on Vlad but apart from all that you all played well 😊😉

Rudi Skacel
Just now, Groot said:

Nah not having that

Day 1 aside (where at least I was trying to contribute and play the game) and day 2 where I maintained my follow up of Marvin as I had nothing else to go on what did I do wrong?

You wanted a trust list? I gave you one I really didn’t think it needed spelling out to everyone else afterwards that the 3 people who voted and lynched a confirmed good guy right after each other were the ****ing goons

Sean proudly stated it was a lynch in thread and you still felt the need to waste an investigation on him and I had a shocker! Nah not at all

I didnt “waste” an investigation on anyone. You and me both knew straight away who the 3 goons were As soon as that happened.  I was nothing more than a glorified townie.  Bugger me if you needed shapes investigated then your worse than what I thought. 

you gave a trust list when your other two masons did aswell. 

Rudi Skacel
Just now, yvonnejambo said:

the cop investigating Ian and Sean when looked fairly obvious they were goons after the pile on Vlad but apart from all that you all played well 😊😉

the 3 of them were obvious. 

25 minutes ago, Rudi Skacel said:

I didnt “waste” an investigation on anyone. You and me both knew straight away who the 3 goons were As soon as that happened.  I was nothing more than a glorified townie.  Bugger me if you needed shapes investigated then your worse than what I thought. 

you gave a trust list when your other two masons did aswell. 

I didn't need any of them investigated but after I was gone there was somehow still doubt as to who the last goon was - ref my point below in the masons PM

9 hours ago, Groot said:

Let’s end this please, it’s obviously Shapes

why else would all three jump in so close to deadline to get the lynch

And @Rudi Skacelapologies for the rant, just a tad frustrated at many events throughout the game that should have been an easy win

My biggest f up was forgetting Vlad & Stuart were next to each other in the player list as that may have expedited my trust list and not outed you, I was thinking naming you and Bunny would instantly show you up as the cop because of BS

2 minutes ago, Stuart McNeill said:

It was simo tbf that obviously held it out longer than needed.

You shouldve been in a lot earlier with the Shapes vote as without that it let doubt stew, if you'd been one of the first to vote then the others wouldve been more likely to follow

However once again ALL 3 VOTED VLAD RIGHT AFTER EACH OTHER Marvin / Simo what else did you really need to convince you eh?

I suppose letting 3 obvious goons getting within a random number of victory is an acceptable result for masons these days? 🙄

5 minutes ago, Stuart McNeill said:

It was simo tbf that obviously held it out longer than needed.

Harsh to push the blame on simo. You could have shown more leadership and pushed for the lynch on me. We were astonished that wasn't happening 

Just now, Groot said:

You shouldve been in a lot earlier with the Shapes vote as without that it let doubt stew, if you'd been one of the first to vote then the others wouldve been more likely to follow

However once again ALL 3 VOTED VLAD RIGHT AFTER EACH OTHER Marvin / Simo what else did you really need to convince you eh?

Easy to point fingers at Simo and Marvin. No leadership from the masons whatsoever though. Stuart had a shocker last day.

Oh and Marvin changing his vote late on was what ultimately gave the town victory. No thanks to the masons who earlier were convinced he was a goon.

The town won that in spite of the masons. Not because of them.

2 minutes ago, Stuart McNeill said:

mehhhhh.

GIT IT UP YEEE WE WON

:yas:

No thanks to you or any of your mason pals  :rofl:

Can't believe the goons are so smug

After the Vlad lynch you should have tried to find the turncoat to swell your numbers then you'd almost be guaranteed a win

Masons were shite I agree but **** only knows why you think you guys think you're smart

22 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Easy to point fingers at Simo and Marvin. No leadership from the masons whatsoever though. Stuart had a shocker last day.

All they had to do was read the thread, it's not asking much

Entertaining game for the spectator. 

And a wee bit of afters 😮

The history books will say the town won so giruy goons 😎😂

36 minutes ago, Groot said:

Can't believe the goons are so smug

After the Vlad lynch you should have tried to find the turncoat to swell your numbers then you'd almost be guaranteed a win

Masons were shite I agree but **** only knows why you think you guys think you're smart

Are you kidding? 😂😂

We we’re practically walking around with placards saying “I am a goon” and we still took it to the bitter end 😂😂😂

You lot only won because Shapes went lower in a random generator than what Marvin did.

I’ll say it again. We voted (and lynched) Vlad, a confirmed trusted player, ONE AFTER ANOTHER. We did it for fun because we were screwed. Yet we took it to the bitter end 😂😂😂

It should’ve been game over last night. You lot almost lost a guaranteed win due to the ineptitude of the masons... You know it and I know it 😂🤣😂🤣

Lets not forget that Stuart admitted that he was ready to lynch Marvin. 

Edited by iantjambo

Goons are coming over a bit hibs with the gloating after a defeat.

I though, had a magnificent game

:verysmug:

Edited by Dunks

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Thanks for the game Yvonne.

One thing I'd like to raise which bugged me about my departure from the game. If the assassin is allowed to use a bullet at any point do we really need to wait until night time for this to be announced? Milky in this situation might have made his picks just before the deadline which is fine but it didn't really sit right with me being killed by someone who was technically killed before me. Should an announcement be made as soon as the assassin picks their target?

It was obvious early doors that Shapes was a goon and the Vlad vote train was unbelievable 😂 how they kept the game going for so long after that I don't know 

1 hour ago, Dunks said:

Goons are coming over a bit hibs with the gloating after a defeat.

I though, had a magnificent game

:verysmug:

We never said we were magnificent :D 

21 minutes ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

Thanks for the game Yvonne.

One thing I'd like to raise which bugged me about my departure from the game. If the assassin is allowed to use a bullet at any point do we really need to wait until night time for this to be announced? Milky in this situation might have made his picks just before the deadline which is fine but it didn't really sit right with me being killed by someone who was technically killed before me. Should an announcement be made as soon as the assassin picks their target?

It was obvious early doors that Shapes was a goon and the Vlad vote train was unbelievable 😂 how they kept the game going for so long after that I don't know 

I’m inclined to agree with you, if it’s not been done before deadline it can’t happen as the assassin as it’s night then order of night time activities should come into play which puts assassins kill after the goon so therefore after the lynch

10 hours ago, Stuart McNeill said:

I would have preferred if Rudi went for shapes on the last day instead of Ian.

I was pretty confident last night it was her but the  longer the day went on, the more I thought it could be marvin.

The way Shapes was going on, even I was beginning to think that I was the remaining goon. :laugh:

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
6 hours ago, Groot said:

My apologies it does say in the rules any time night or day

No issue with the assassin being able to kill at any point, but I guess the point I'm making is that should there be an in-game announcement if the assassin makes a kill during the day? Obviously it depends how close to the deadline it is and when the game host reads the PM, but if the assassin chooses to kill someone 5 hours prior to the deadline then we shouldn't need to wait until night has been called to find this out. 

I dont think the above happened in this case as Milky likely just took revenge on those who voted for him when it became clear he was being lynched, but if I'm being killed anyway it makes my participation worthless as it doesn't matter what I say or do.

Appreciate this could end up becoming tactical close to a deadline with the assassin killing to prevent a lynching or going into a tie.

I've rambled on about this enough so I'll stop 😂

yvonnejambo

That was my fault as I hadn’t read milky’a pm until I came back in to call night. He had asked to kill you and Alim before the deadline for night. 
I decided to put it in the night story as I had called night when I read the pm 😩

Edited by yvonnejambo

9 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Oh and Marvin changing his vote late on was what ultimately gave the town victory. No thanks to the masons who earlier were convinced he was a goon.

The town won that in spite of the masons. Not because of them.

I deliberately held back to see if anyone changed. Been really busy with work last week so couldn't always be bothered going onto my own laptop after working all day on my office one. So with a little time left, I put Shapes into the tie with me. Did the cop investigate me at all? 

The assassin thing could, as Sheldon says, affect tied votes and all sorts of things. 

As timing could be critical is there some way we could self-timestamp posts?

Even just, every now and again, someone include the actual time into a thread-post?

Then the assassin could PM to kill someone at 7:45 and any voting the victim had done would be wiped...or however the mod chose to run it.

It would give one more variable for folk to argue about, accuse folk...you know how I like to get folk chatting... :lol:

1 hour ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

No issue with the assassin being able to kill at any point, but I guess the point I'm making is that should there be an in-game announcement if the assassin makes a kill during the day? Obviously it depends how close to the deadline it is and when the game host reads the PM, but if the assassin chooses to kill someone 5 hours prior to the deadline then we shouldn't need to wait until night has been called to find this out. 

I dont think the above happened in this case as Milky likely just took revenge on those who voted for him when it became clear he was being lynched, but if I'm being killed anyway it makes my participation worthless as it doesn't matter what I say or do.

Appreciate this could end up becoming tactical close to a deadline with the assassin killing to prevent a lynching or going into a tie.

I've rambled on about this enough so I'll stop 😂

I like this - adds a bit to moderator duties but they could come to some arrangement with the assassin.

45 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I deliberately held back to see if anyone changed. Been really busy with work last week so couldn't always be bothered going onto my own laptop after working all day on my office one. So with a little time left, I put Shapes into the tie with me. Did the cop investigate me at all? 

We knew that you would have to change eventually. You knew you were good and so you would have to take your chances with Shapes in a tie.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
1 hour ago, yvonnejambo said:

That was my fault as I hadn’t read milky’a pm until I came back in to call night. He had asked to kill you and Alim before the deadline for night. 
I decided to put it in the night story as I had called night when I read the pm 😩

Wasn't having a go Yvonne so apologies if it came across that way. Just thinking out loud as I was a bit pissed off at the time but I think it is pretty obvious as to how things played out 👍

The assassin thing is interesting in that Milky would have got at least a tie if the votes from the assassee's were wiped. I totally understand that the mod can't be around to see the assassin's PM 24/7 and that in this case night had been called.

If we use this in the future maybe the rule should be clarified to 'if the mod doesn't see the PM for any reason.... tough luck!' 

Another way around it would be to have the assassin post any 'day' kills on the main thread instead of a PM. Adds a layer of jeopardy for the assassin as it announces who they are.

Anyway, glad the recent assassins have had a throbber for Sheldon. It's not nice is it? 😂

On 15/07/2020 at 19:43, Shapes said:

I always find it suspicious on the first day when a whole load of votes come in for the same person in a short period of time 

On 16/07/2020 at 20:56, jambosean75 said:

unvote shapes

vote vlad

On 16/07/2020 at 20:56, iantjambo said:

unvote bunny

vote Vlad

On 16/07/2020 at 20:58, Shapes said:

unvote marvin

vote vlad

Only the first day, @Shapes? :lol: 

Just noticed - posts are time-stamped if you go back further than 24 hours.

Also with the assassin thing again...Alim had (I think) the final decisive vote on Milky. If Milky had already chosen to get rid of him before that it could open up a can of moderatorly worms. Something for future mods to think about - I quite like the idea of the assassin being able to influence tied votes with a quick kill but it could create havoc with goons and masons trying to protect their own kind at or around deadline. Maybe no assassinations in the last 15 minutes before deadline? One to ponder...

Maybe we should keep the assassin kill part of the night activities, saves hassle and if the moderator doesn't see the pm for whatever reason then nothing to overly worry about. It will get  picked up.

The only way to keep assassination at any point would be for the assassin to PM the victim and say “sorry but you’ve been assassinated”

Obviously they then know who the assassin is but as they are now out the game they can’t reveal who the assassin is and it makes no difference if they know or not.

They would have to reveal to fellow goons or masons but trusted not to reveal whom.

I think the game relies on a large element of trust anyway so....

Personally if the above wouldn’t work I would prefer assassinations to only take place at night.

Edited by Vlad Magic

yvonnejambo

I quite like the assassin being able to kill at any point, as it adds an extra level to the game especially through day periods when not much really happens. Even before deadline the chance an assassin can take out players is quite fun and can cause an upset for goons or masons who maybe sitting happy with whoever is in the lynch positions. 
The downside is from a moderator is being online when assassin wants to kill. 
I don’t think it would work with the assassin pm their victim or to put it on the game as it gives them away and even if they have used all their bullets they are still handy to have playing in the game.

Just my view and always like new things to keep everyone on their toes and not get to complacent 😆

I think the assassin being able to kill any time is a good feature as it means players have to put more thought into their posts etc. It's why I was so quiet first day. Knowing that any innocent post could be construed as something more and the assassin could just be like right I'm taking them out.

yvonnejambo
1 hour ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

Wasn't having a go Yvonne so apologies if it came across that way. Just thinking out loud as I was a bit pissed off at the time but I think it is pretty obvious as to how things played out 👍

Yeah I know and if I was in your position I would felt the same, as if it was played out over night you would have survived the attempted assassination. 

14 hours ago, Boof said:

If Milky was destined for the chop and thus going rogue - why not take out 3 folk?

i had PM'd yvonne during the day to kill sheldon but yvonne didn't get that until just before i was lynched, i was just in time to kill alim before night and did not think about killing another player. if i had thought i would have went for either groot or rudi.

5 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i had PM'd yvonne during the day to kill sheldon but yvonne didn't get that until just before i was lynched, i was just in time to kill alim before night and did not think about killing another player. if i had thought i would have went for either groot or rudi.

That would have been some trio of kills :lol: 

Quite like Vlad's idea of the assassin PM-ing their victim but it might make it too easy to work out who the assassin is just by noticing who might have been online. I know when I've been quiet (for me :lol: ) as a goon I've tried not to post in match-day threads and suchlike. Makes it tricky! Vlad's method does rely on the victim being absolutely trustable though...in a game where you trust nobody :lol: 

I'd be willing to mod a game sometime and see if it works.

9 minutes ago, Boof said:

That would have been some trio of kills :lol: 

Quite like Vlad's idea of the assassin PM-ing their victim but it might make it too easy to work out who the assassin is just by noticing who might have been online. I know when I've been quiet (for me :lol: ) as a goon I've tried not to post in match-day threads and suchlike. Makes it tricky! Vlad's method does rely on the victim being absolutely trustable though...in a game where you trust nobody :lol: 

I'd be willing to mod a game sometime and see if it works.

The whole game relies on a certain amount of trust. Having played a few games with you guys now apart from the in game chat which is obviously a complete lie fest and subterfuge on epic scales, everyone plays with honesty.

We all enjoy it and could easily exchange info via PM but we don’t.

I quite like the idea of the assassin PMing his victim. Up close and personal just like in real life!!

EDIT: You would have to reveal you had been assassinated either as soon as you log in and read the PM saying you have been targeted or the exact same time as it comes in if you are currently online.

This means the assassin could be real sneaky and target someone whilst they are having an exchange with another.

All of a sudden assassin strikes!! PM goes through. Target then has to say in game “I’m dead. Assassinated!! I was a Townie or Goon etc etc.

Who did it? A disgruntled player the target had been arguing with? A silent assassin watching from the sidelines?

Could open up some amazing conspiracies!!!

Edited by Vlad Magic