Well done David vanecek!

braveheart

Ill fated time at tynecastle but qualified tonight for next season's uefa cup with his team puskas academy.think he scored about a dozen goals for them.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greedy Jambo

• Auld Reekin'

• rudiatemyhamster

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hectormasson
35 minutes ago, braveheart said:

Ill fated time at tynecastle but qualified tonight for next season's uefa cup with his team puskas academy.think he scored about a dozen goals for them.

wasn't given a proper chance ......at hearts....

Smoked-Glass
43 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Agree but vanacek was rather fat when he turned up.

What about Phil stamp

rudiatemyhamster
5 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

What about Phil stamp

One of the most rapid fatties I’ve ever seen.  If he was on form we were winning that game 😍

Auld Reekin'
3 minutes ago, rudiatemyhamster said:

One of the most rapid fatties I’ve ever seen.  If he was on form we were winning that game 😍

Yep, an excellent player on his day, but looked like he deep fried everything he ate in lard.

rudiatemyhamster
Just now, Auld Reekin' said:

Yep, an excellent player on his day, but looked like he deep fried everything he ate in lard.

Mind Gary McSweggan - went through a fat phase, lost weight got a six pack then a crap phase

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, rudiatemyhamster said:

Mind Gary McSweggan - went through a fat phase, lost weight got a six pack then a crap phase

Then the next thing I heard about him he’s criticising Hearts 20 years later. 

5 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Turned up overweight - we all saw it. Move on...

Yes.  But idiot Levein said he was overweight and unfit, but for some reason, still picked him to play.   

Shocking treatment by an inept manager

Folk can criticise DVs fitness if they like, no problem. But Levein oversaw him on the Spain (?) training camp and deemed him good enough to play... AND then oversaw him in training again and then chose to START him in that game at Tynecastle. To then haul him off after 34 mins when the whole team was playing mince.. AND publicly shame the guy was as unprofessional as it gets. 

Was DV to blame? Maybe partially so, but 80% of the problem was CL, in my opinion.

His arse was absolutely massive. Can’t believe a professional player could give so much hype and then arrive with an extra 3 or 4 stone in such a short time. Admittedly Levein should never have played him

rudiatemyhamster
6 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Then the next thing I heard about him he’s criticising Hearts 20 years later. 

He did have a flourish at Tynecastle (culminating in a Scotland cap).  I don’t think he was ever happy though. 

39 minutes ago, Mollo said:

Folk can criticise DVs fitness if they like, no problem. But Levein oversaw him on the Spain (?) training camp and deemed him good enough to play... AND then oversaw him in training again and then chose to START him in that game at Tynecastle. To then haul him off after 34 mins when the whole team was playing mince.. AND publicly shame the guy was as unprofessional as it gets. 

Was DV to blame? Maybe partially so, but 80% of the problem was CL, in my opinion.

Yip.   I never felt his performance was bad enough to be subbed off.   He had a few flicks and was trying to get into the game.  I felt keena also disappeared when DV went off.

Given some of the players performances that levein then continued to play week after week clearly something else happened between the 2 and levein wasnt happy.   Maybe the social media posts before he arrived

The same guy who knew he was coming to us in January? Finished with his previous team in November and spent the next few weeks keeping fit to make sure he was in tip top condition to hit the ground running with his new team?

Or the guy that downed tools, f***** off on holiday and turned up to his first day of training about 3 stone overweight?

Oh aye, massive well done to the guy.

30 minutes ago, Hector Riva said:

Well done David.

Said then and I stand by it now. 

It’s only my opinion and like everyone else, I am entitled to it. Doesn't make me right and doesn't make me wrong. Same with DS, I thought he was pish others are brokenhearted. 

upgotheheads
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Shocking man management from Levein. Still cringe when I think about it. 

51 minutes ago, Mollo said:

Just one of many ways in which CL's management of people was catastrophic. Mitchell at full back when Garrucio was a better player. Bozanic in for a game or two then dumped.  Tinkering with line-ups and tactics so that players never had a settled spell. Ammankwa as sub for  Naysmith at Murrayfield when Callum Morrison was on the bench. Morrison never recovered his form after that.

Edited by upgotheheads

been here before
8 hours ago, Smoked-Glass said:

What about Phil stamp

He looked like he'd eaten Phil Stamp.

He had just finished a season. He was entitled to have a holiday and then be treated to preseason training and match fitness practice matches. Not treated like shite because he wasn't good to go 2 months later. FFS. 

And why play him if he was out of shape and not match ready? CL likes to blame ever ***** else for his failures. Any other ***** would've drilled him til he spewed. And then played him after gradually bringing him up to the pace of Scottish football. 

And another thing, he was a young guy in a foreign country. His welcoming of making him look small was classy, Craig, just classy. 

Edited by ri Alban

1 hour ago, Mollo said:

A more powerful way to deal with this would have been to take the blame himself for the performance and fitness levels, but then quietly and effectively correct things in training. He got the best out I'd some, but discarded too many. Perhaps he lacked judgement on players, perhaps he lacked courage to invest personally in borderline players. Who knows?

2 minutes ago, schillaci said:

A more powerful way to deal with this would have been to take the blame himself for the performance and fitness levels, but then quietly and effectively correct things in training. He got the best out I'd some, but discarded too many. Perhaps he lacked judgement on players, perhaps he lacked courage to invest personally in borderline players. Who knows?

Do as I say, or else. 

He was just a big lad. Who had maybe been hitting the gym too hard without enough cardio (having followed him on insta)

I dont buy the fat thing. Slightly unfit, maybe? But it was just the trendy thing to latch on to after levein said it.

0_18380800.jpg

Levein treated him disgracefully.

He was never given a fair crack at it and then scapegoated. 

Mind you, DV is probably lucky he got out and is the one that will be playing in Europe next season. 

Where as CL will probably never work again. 

Who actually cares, much more serious stuff going on to be bothered with this guff. Never seen a senior pro sweat as much playing for the 20s in my life.

Nessjambo67

Have been following the results of puskas academy over the last few month since our David was released. I’m glad he has scored a few goals don’t suppose we will know how it could have been . Hungarian league looks poor attendances from what I can see are just as bad think he has found his level . 

7 hours ago, Paolo said:

Yes.  But idiot Levein said he was overweight and unfit, but for some reason, still picked him to play.   

True but that was pretty obviously to show us that he was in a poor state. I think I'd have done the same as we were crying out for a striker at that time and there was a lot of excitement on here about him...

Vanacek was an unprofessional teewat, even conceded it himself. Probably thought he could stroll it in Scotland and ended up blowing out his erchie after 10 mins...

jack D and coke
4 hours ago, rudiatemyhamster said:

He did have a flourish at Tynecastle (culminating in a Scotland cap).  I don’t think he was ever happy though. 

McSwegan was absolutely pish imo. 
Actually getting a Scotland cap is a total riddy. 

Ricardo Shillyshally
12 hours ago, rudiatemyhamster said:

Another player who Levein ostracised 

He could have been out on a training programme and knocked into shape rather than thrown under a bus shocking management.

Greedy Jambo
2 hours ago, Alan_R said:

He was just a big lad. Who had maybe been hitting the gym too hard without enough cardio (having followed him on insta)

I dont buy the fat thing. Slightly unfit, maybe? But it was just the trendy thing to latch on to after levein said it.

0_18380800.jpg

Not any bigger than Steve Fulton. 

Never mind whether he was fat or not, he looked absolutely hopeless when he played. Even against Auchinleck he looked out of his depth.

Last time we played a Hungarian team in Europe (who'd finished 2nd in their league) we beat them with ease. IIRC their best player was, funnily enough, a chubby midfielder with questionable fitness.

Auld Reekin'

Leaving aside the questions of Vanecek's fitness level and whether or not he was overweight, and also the manner in which Levein handled this, it was obvious that DV was not the "target-man" striker, who would win everything in the air due to his size and aggression, that Levein wanted and presumably thought he had signed*. Watching him play, it was clear he wanted service to feet, or at least chest-height or below, rather than having long, high, balls lumped at him to go and win in the air**.

In retrospect, another sign that Levein was losing / had lost his managerial mojo...

(*In other words, another Sandy Clarke or Kevin Kyle.)

(**See also Abiola Dauda, Juanma, and Bjorn Johnsen.)

Edited by Auld Reekin'

15 hours ago, braveheart said:

Unfortunately he got a bad dose of ‘Levein Flu’

53 minutes ago, normando said:

He could have been out on a training programme and knocked into shape rather than thrown under a bus shocking management.

nailed it! 👍