• Greedy Jambo

• Auld Reekin'

• rudiatemyhamster

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mr Elwood P
16 hours ago, braveheart said:

Ill fated time at tynecastle but qualified tonight for next season's uefa cup with his team puskas academy.think he scored about a dozen goals for them.

He scored 8 league goals for them and the UEFA Cup doesn’t exist anymore ...

The Continental Op

Some interesting trivia about the team:

The team is infamous in Hungary for its contradictious name choice. They have nothing to do with Ferenc Puskás who only played for Budapest Honvéd in his home country and has never been in Felcsút. [However, Ferenc Puskás and Viktor Orbán talked a lot about a new academic system to stir up Hungarian football. Puskás had the idea of a new academy. After his death his widow agreed to name the newly established academy after her late husband.] In spite of the name Akadémia (Hungarian for Academy) they have only a few homegrown players and their squad mainly consists of older Hungarian players and foreigners. They haven't got many fans. The Puskás Akadémia's average attendance in the 2018/19 season is 1340 (2nd lowest club in the season). [This is around the average attendance in Hungary - most teams have this number from matchday to matchday.] The fans don't go for away games. This is why many people trolling with the club. For example, on 2 away matches against Debrecen and Mezőkövesd where the home fans put paper pellets in guest sectors. Other interesting: Pancho Aréna's capacity more than double of Felcsút's population. Many aren't only hostile to the club because of the use of names, but also because of the current government party (Fidesz) close to the club, such as Viktor Orbán (current prime minister of Hungary) and Lőrinc Mészáros (the owner of Puskás Academy, friend of Orbán and the richest man in Hungary).

And its stadium:

Many allegations of corruption have surfaced regarding the stadium, as Hungary's current prime minister, Viktor Orbán (known for his passion for football) spent much of his childhood in the village, and Pancho Arena was built just meters away from his Felcsút estate. Although the stadium was not built directly from government funds, companies that provided the lion's share of the funding won several high-value public procurement procedures during Orbán's prime ministership. In addition, Orbán's government passed laws granting benefits to companies supporting sport investments. Allegations were fuelled by the fact that the stadium seats 3,500 people, while the total population of the village is under 1,700.

Auld Reekin'
23 minutes ago, Anderson5 said:

Jesus, I wish I was as “fat” as David Vanecek. 

:lol:   :icon14:

Glamorgan Jambo

Poorly scouted. Was never and will never be the de Vries style targetman Levein was looking for.

Ridiculously overhyped. Way too high an expectation level on him when he arrived (see also Sean Clare).

Poorly man managed. Given he’d been training with us for weeks prior to his hooking after 30 minutes his state of fitness and stamina would have been well known by our coaching staff.

Glad to hear things have gone well for him in Hungary. We’ll just never know if he could have made a contribution here.

8 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

First sight - green boots but didn’t look fat

F97E8526-230B-46A7-BB1F-7290FC3DC6DA.jpeg

He wasn’t fat whatsoever. The role he plays in a game doesn’t really mean he needs to be skinny either. I never expected much running from him. He was a target man/penalty box striker. 

6 hours ago, DS98 said:

The same guy who knew he was coming to us in January? Finished with his previous team in November and spent the next few weeks keeping fit to make sure he was in tip top condition to hit the ground running with his new team?

Or the guy that downed tools, f***** off on holiday and turned up to his first day of training about 3 stone overweight?

Oh aye, massive well done to the guy.

And was on Instagram sweating his baws off in a gym every day of the “holiday”? He wasn’t 3 stone overweight. He looked identical to what he was when he left his last club. Match fit? Probably not, but he’d been injured for a month or so I think before his season ended, then had a month before he could play for us. He was never going to hit the ground running 

Marty Byrde
7 hours ago, Mollo said:

Shocking treatment by an inept manager

Folk can criticise DVs fitness if they like, no problem. But Levein oversaw him on the Spain (?) training camp and deemed him good enough to play... AND then oversaw him in training again and then chose to START him in that game at Tynecastle. To then haul him off after 34 mins when the whole team was playing mince.. AND publicly shame the guy was as unprofessional as it gets. 

Was DV to blame? Maybe partially so, but 80% of the problem was CL, in my opinion.

An example of the class of the guy who people defended right until his exit. 

Marty Byrde
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

Treated us with zero respect. Turned up completely unfit and never bothered his arse in training. Waster.

Then played in the team.

:levein_interesting:

been here before

Leveins gone, Vaneceks gone a year ago and yet some folk are still greeting about Levein and Vanecek.

Whingers gonna whinge I suppose.

rudiatemyhamster
6 hours ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Another player who Levein ostracised 

Forgot about that - that was his first move as manager the first time round.  

The man just hates the portly players 😍

Edited by rudiatemyhamster

5 hours ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Poorly scouted. Was never and will never be the de Vries style targetman Levein was looking for.

Ridiculously overhyped. Way too high an expectation level on him when he arrived (see also Sean Clare).

Poorly man managed. Given he’d been training with us for weeks prior to his hooking after 30 minutes his state of fitness and stamina would have been well known by our coaching staff.

Glad to hear things have gone well for him in Hungary. We’ll just never know if he could have made a contribution here.

Poorly scouted is an understatement. Could tell you a story about John Murray and Craig Levein regarding this signing but pointless now

Ricardo Shillyshally
6 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Poorly scouted is an understatement. Could tell you a story about John Murray and Craig Levein regarding this signing but pointless now

Go on then...

Auld Reekin'
17 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Yep, you might as well...

The bit about John Murray replying to Craig levien about a foreign trip to scout the man in person, despite the video being 4 years old. Thought this was common knowledge? 

20 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

Treated disgracefully by Levein.

Agreed. Who knows whether it would have worked out but he hardly had a chance.

11 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

The bit about John Murray replying to Craig levien about a foreign trip to scout the man in person, despite the video being 4 years old. Thought this was common knowledge? 

Nope. We need to hear this. :laugh2:

9 hours ago, Spellczech said:

True but that was pretty obviously to show us that he was in a poor state. I think I'd have done the same as we were crying out for a striker at that time and there was a lot of excitement on here about him...

Vanacek was an unprofessional teewat, even conceded it himself. Probably thought he could stroll it in Scotland and ended up blowing out his erchie after 10 mins...

So he was willing to cost us points, just to prove one.   Sums up the arrogance of the failure. 

Guest ToqueJambo
6 hours ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Think that was partly down to Vanacek himself. Not to mention that after injuries to Naismith and Uche we were desperate for a striker. Vanacek was originally signed essentially as a squad player to give us 4 or 5 different types of strikers to choose from. By the time he arrived he was being talked about like the Second Coming because all we had was McLean. He did know that he would be the main man when he arrived and it seems like he did not arrive in the best condition.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Greedy Jambo
9 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Think that was partly down to Vanacek himself. Not to mention that after injuries to Naismith and Uche we were desperate for a striker. Vanacek was originally signed essentially as a squad player to give us 4 or 5 different types of strikers to choose from. By the time he arrived he was being talked about like the Second Coming because all we had was McLean. He did know that he would be the main man when he arrived and it seems like he did not arrive in the best condition.

Utter bullshit. 

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Utter bullshit. 

When he was signed we had Naismith, Lafferty, McLean, Keena and Uche. He was signed to compete with them for a starting spot. Lafferty was allowed to leave because he wanted to and we got good money from Rangers and Keena was sent on loan. We allowed those moves to go through because we knew Vanacek was joining up in January. Then Naismith and Uche got injured meaning we only had McLean and Wighton who was signed later - also as backup. Vanacek was never signed as our No. 1 striker unless you can prove otherwise.

Edited by ToqueJambo

14 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Nope. We need to hear this. :laugh2:

Craig Levein was given a video of the highlights of DV by his agent and was highly impressed. He told JM that he had unearthed the next Ibrahimovich and has done a deal to being him to Tynecastle. But boss, shouldn’t I go over and see this man in person and report back here exclaimed JM? Nah John you’re alright, I’ve seen the videos. The man is an out and out striker and just what we need. The rest is history. 

This story was told by JM, to a former Hearts striker and friend of mine who told me this when he signed for us. 

Greedy Jambo
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

When he was signed we had Naismith, Lafferty, McLean, Keena and Uche. He was signed to compete with them for a starting spot.

If that was the case, he wouldn't have been thrown in to the team while being considered to be unfit and overweight. 

He also wouldn't have been thrown under the bus by Levein if he was just there as an option, Levein would have put him on a training regime and gave the guy some time to fit in. 

Levein was wanting another De Vries. Straight in the team to make an impact. 

Edited by Space Pirate

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

If that was the case, he wouldn't have been thrown in to the team while being considered to be unfit and overweight. 

He also wouldn't have been thrown under the bus by Levein if he was just there as an option, Levein would have put him on a training regime and gave the guy some time to fit in. 

Levein was wanting another De Vries. Straight in the team to make an impact. 

I have my doubts you even watch Hearts. What were our striking options when Vanacek arrived exactly? I'll tell you. McLean and Keena. That was it. Naismith, Uche and Wighton were all injured and Lafferty had been sold. And Vanacek couldn't force himself in ahead of either of those two. The least he could have done was stay in shape and go all out to take the opportunity he was handed to be a first pick.

You're no doubt right he wanted another de Vries. Some you win some you lose. Peter Haring was a big recent win for example. Osman Sow too. There seems no doubt Vanacek was partly responsible for his own downfall at Hearts though. 

Edited by ToqueJambo

I’m absolutely happy to be shown the stuff I don’t know.. but I’ve never seen any evidence around some of the ‘facts’ or perhaps ‘myths’ here;

Folk say he was 4 stone overweight?! 4 stone??

That he bragged about stuff on social media and over hyped himself... all I saw was a guy maybe too into social media being excited about coming to Hearts. I didn’t see much ‘over hyping himself’

That he was lazy in training - I’ve never watched training to be fair but is that really the case?!

As I say, fair shout out to anyone more ‘aware’ than myself here, but these are the points the guy gets panned for and I’ve always doubted what’s true.

20 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Craig Levein was given a video of the highlights of DV by his agent and was highly impressed. He told JM that he had unearthed the next Ibrahimovich and has done a deal to being him to Tynecastle. But boss, shouldn’t I go over and see this man in person and report back here exclaimed JM? Nah John you’re alright, I’ve seen the videos. The man is an out and out striker and just what we need. The rest is history. 

This story was told by JM, to a former Hearts striker and friend of mine who told me this when he signed for us. 

Oh dear. So this one wasn't even on JM. :facepalm:

Greedy Jambo
33 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

When he was signed we had Naismith, Lafferty, McLean, Keena and Uche. He was signed to compete with them for a starting spot. Lafferty was allowed to leave because he wanted to and we got good money from Rangers and Keena was sent on loan. We allowed those moves to go through because we knew Vanacek was joining up in January. Then Naismith and Uche got injured meaning we only had McLean and Wighton who was signed later - also as backup. Vanacek was never signed as our No. 1 striker unless you can prove otherwise.

22 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I have my doubts you even watch Hearts. What were our striking options when Vanacek arrived exactly? I'll tell you. McLean and Keena. That was it. Naismith, Uche and Wighton were all injured and Lafferty had been sold. And Vanacek couldn't force himself in ahead of either of those two. The least he could have done was stay in shape and go all out to take the opportunity he was handed to be a first pick.

You're no doubt right he wanted another de Vries. Some you win some you lose. Peter Haring was a big recent win for example. Osman Sow too. There seems no doubt Vanacek was partly responsible for his own downfall at Hearts though. 

🤣🤣🤣

Make your mind up. 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

🤣🤣🤣

Make your mind up. 

You really don’t watch Hearts do you? Both of those statements are right. Keena and McLean were our only fit strikers when vanacek arrived in January 18. Thats why he was thrown in and there were big expectations. He was supposed to be arriving match fit as he’d been playing fir Teplice. 

however when he was signed on a pre contract in July 17 we had those two plus Naismith, Uche and Lafferty on our books.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Greedy Jambo
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

You really don’t watch Hearts do you? Both of those statements are right. Keena and McLean were our only fit strikers when vanacek arrived in January 18. When he was signed on a pre contract in July 17 we had those two plus Naismith, Uche and Lafferty on our books.

I've not watched them in a good few months to be fair. 

You could watch every game in history and you still wouldn't know what you're talking about. 

Gordon Ramsay

Could have been decent, could have been crap. 

We never get to see it cause Levein took a huff. Shocking management from a shocking manager. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Space Pirate said:

I've not watched them in a good few months to be fair. 

You could watch every game in history and you still wouldn't know what you're talking about. 

You’re the one who seems to think Vanacek was signed as our no. 1 striker and not as 1 of 5 or 6 in the squad.

13 hours ago, Elshin said:

Yip.   I never felt his performance was bad enough to be subbed off.   He had a few flicks and was trying to get into the game.  I felt keena also disappeared when DV went off.

Given some of the players performances that levein then continued to play week after week clearly something else happened between the 2 and levein wasnt happy.   Maybe the social media posts before he arrived

Was he any worse that game than McLean was week after week after week. After week.

After week....

Got to be honest, I thought he looked as fit as a butchers dug. I’d love to be in his shape! I think CL hated the fact that he lived his life on social media 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, Paolo said:

So he was willing to cost us points, just to prove one.   Sums up the arrogance of the failure. 

Playing an unfit player is not necessarily costing us points. It is merely risking costing us points.

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Was he any worse that game than McLean was week after week after week. After week.

After week....

Given Levein doesn’t exactly have a history of booting players out the door 5 mins after they’ve arrived I think it’s fair to assume there was more to it than how Vanacek did in his first game or two.

It was very noticeable how quick vanacek was to agree a move and how neither him or his agent claimed hed been badly treated. In fact didn’t vanacek actually apologise?

A weird episode anyhow That just gave levein critics more ammunition.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Greedy Jambo
6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

You’re the one who seems to think Vanacek was signed as our no. 1 striker and not as 1 of 5 or 6 in the squad.

You just admitted that i was probably right that Levein wanted him to be the next De Vries!

Are you sure you even ken what day it is?

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Space Pirate said:

You just admitted that i was probably right that Levein wanted him to be the next De Vries!

Are you sure you even ken what day it is?

The fact Levein wanted a signing to be successful is hardly news. I’m pretty sure every manager wants their signings to be successful. 

Greedy Jambo

The fact Levein wanted a signing to be successful is hardly news. I’m pretty sure every manager wants their signings to be successful. 

Quit while you're miles behind, mate. 

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Given Levein doesn’t exactly have a history of booting players out the door 5 mins after they’ve arrived I think it’s fair to assume there was more to it than how Vanacek did in his first game or two.

It was very noticeable how quick vanacek was to agree a move and how neither him or his agent claimed hed been badly treated. In fact didn’t vanacek actually apologise?

A weird episode anyhow That just gave levein critics more ammunition.

You're possibly right but there's ways to do things.

It must've been something heinous he did. I'd've taken Fred West upfront instead of McLean tbh.

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Quit while you're miles behind, mate. 

Next you’ll be saying Levein signed players like Paul Hartley and Peter Haring in the hope they would be good!

Nah you’re right. Vanacek was signed to be our main striker and not at all to give us more options up front alongside naismith, uche and laffery who were our 3 main strikers when Vanacek was signed.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Greedy Jambo

Next you’ll be saying Levein signed players like Paul Hartley and Peter Haring in the hope they would be good!

Nah you’re right. Vanacek was signed to be our main striker and not at all to give us more options up front alongside naismith, uche and laffery who were our 3 main strikers when Vanacek was signed.

Chips and beans, aye?

He didn't make them better players 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, jamborich said:

He didn't make them better players 

He got lucky aye? Levein’s signing successes - Ach, just luck. His failures - worst manager in football.

Greedy Jambo

He got lucky aye? Levein’s signing successes - Ach, just luck. His failures - worst manager in football.

How the absolute Consomme devilish hell can you still be sticking up for Craig Levein? 

It's just... It's just, there's no words. 

Guest ToqueJambo
14 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

How the absolute Consomme devilish hell can you still be sticking up for Craig Levein? 

It's just... It's just, there's no words. 

Buy a dictionary then. I’m just not sticking up for vanacek when he very obviously messed up in some way.

However badly Levein did in his last 18 months he knows what a great opportunity playing for Hearts is for any player. Vanacek

clearly didn’t appreciate the opportunity he’d been given by turning up half fit when he

should have been at peak fitness midseason. 

vanacek was signed in July at the start of the czech season. He was playing and scoring for them. He should have arrived ready to hit the ground running and no doubt that was what Levein expected. Instead he arrived midseason needing a preseason. 

Edited by ToqueJambo

Greedy Jambo

Buy a dictionary then. I’m just not sticking up for vanacek when he very obviously messed up in some way.

However badly Levein did in his last 18 months he knows what a great opportunity playing for Hearts is for any player. Vanacek

clearly didn’t appreciate the opportunity he’d been given by turning up half fit when he

should have been at peak fitness midseason. 

You just believe everything Levein says in the media eh? You don't question it whatsoever, You ignore everything that might possibly be a mistake by him. 

It's absolutely ridiculous.