• Greedy Jambo

• Auld Reekin'

• rudiatemyhamster

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Space Pirate said:

You just believe everything Levein says in the media eh? You don't question it whatsoever, You ignore everything that might possibly be a mistake by him. 

It's absolutely ridiculous. 

Why did vanacek apologise then? If Levein had a reputation

for regularly binning players after they're just in the door or falling out with lots of players then I’d be more likely to give vanacek

some benefit of the doubt. But as Levein actually has more of a reputation for sticking by his signings too much and giving them too much time on occasion, then no I choose to believe Vanacek messed up big style. And he knows it which is why we haven’t heard a peep from him criticising Hearts or Levein.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Jamhammer said:

image.thumb.jpeg.34091c6073821b9d070b2356eda0c8f7.jpeg

Fat you say?

I see your Zeefuik and raise you Phil Stamp.

Levein was not adverse to signing and playing fatties. He was a big fan of Charlie Adam as Scotland manager too.

7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I see your Zeefuik and raise you Phil Stamp.

Levein was not adverse to signing and playing fatties. He was a big fan of Charlie Adam as Scotland manager too.

I dunno what the issue was between em but we persisted with worse. With ball to feet he looked okay to me. Unlike some

Greedy Jambo
21 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Why did vanacek apologise then? If Levein had a reputation

for regularly binning players after they're just in the door or falling out with lots of players then I’d be more likely to give vanacek

some benefit of the doubt. But as Levein actually has more of a reputation for sticking by his signings too much and giving them too much time on occasion, then no I choose to believe Vanacek messed up big style. And he knows it which is why we haven’t heard a peep from him criticising Hearts or Levein.

Vanecek was desperate to sign for us, absolutely desperate and he so wanted it to work out, what else was he going to say to his manager? F you? 

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I dunno what the issue was between em but we persisted with worse. With ball to feet he looked okay to me. Unlike some

The Vanacek flick against Livingston is up there with the El Hass reverse pass and the Beisja cross among Hearts players remembered for one good thing. Given how long some players were given to prove themselves in recent seasons he must have messed up big style. I mean Levein must have been annoyed with countless team-mates but he only punched one (that we know of). Must be the same with Vanacek - he just pushed Levein over the edge.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Space Pirate said:

Vanecek was desperate to sign for us, absolutely desperate and he so wanted it to work out, what else was he going to say to his manager? F you? 

Maybe he did 🤷‍♂️ No you're right I'm sure Vanacek did nothing wrong whatsoever because Levein is well known for subbing players after 30 mins, binning them after 2 games and slagging them of in the press. It's just what Levein does.*

*Looks back over Levein's management career and sees it's actually not what he does at all.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Maybe he did 🤷‍♂️ No you're right I'm sure Vanacek did nothing wrong whatsoever because Levein is well known for subbing players after 30 mins, binning them after 2 games and slagging them of in the press. It's just what Levein does.*

*Looks back over Levein's management career and sees it's actually not what he does at all.

Perhaps he should have with a few more of them or maybe not signed them in the first place.

FWIW I thought the more recent signings, Washington, Boyce etc were more like it

Greedy Jambo
12 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Unfit and overweight, yet he played him, why?

Craig levein was getting desperate, his team was failing, his career was failing and he needed someone to take his anger out on?

Or he played him because he was fit? 

Or he's just an even worse manager than i though?

There's plenty of options here, but the fact is.... he contradicted himself by calling Vanecek unfit and overweight while at the same time, putting him in his starting 11. 

Edited by Space Pirate

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

Unfit and overweight, yet he played him, why?

Craig levein was getting desperate, his team was failing, his career was failing and he needed someone to take his anger out on?

Or he played him because he was fit? 

Or he's just an even worse manager than i though?

There's plenty of options here, but the fact is.... he contradicted himself by calling Vanecek unfit and overweight while at the same time, putting him in his starting 11. 

Oh I don't know. Maybe because Mclean and Keena were our only fit strikers so he thought he'd give him a go 🤷‍♂️

Same reason Haring and Clare both played up front in a game or two. Same reason Dikamona was played in a derby while barely fit. Same reason we pulled out the stops to play Haring in the cup final. Or did the injuries to our main players just completely pass you by that season?

Edited by ToqueJambo

Ainsley Harriott

I think we can all safely say Levein was a terrible manager with zero man management skills and he used Vanacek as a scapegoat when we were struggling. Terrible thread though.

10 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

Exactly!

12 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

**** him. Waster.

Still contributed more in a positive sense to Hearts than you do to this board. 

No-one knows what happened between Levein and Vanacek. I could perhaps suggest that Vanacek was unhappy with something or other and likely said something to Levein. He wouldn't have been the first and let's face it....when it comes to Levein it's his way or no way such is the incompetence and arrogance of the man. We can debate what was or wasn't said but as the manager of the club he should never've came out and called the player "rubbish" in public, whether he thought he was or not. You do that privately. Levein also said in the press that Olly Lee was homesick so he told him to find a new club. That's fair enough, these things can happen but,  merely a few weeks later when Lee was at Gillingham he was in the press saying that wasn't the case, he said he'd questioned Levein's tactics, next thing he knew he was being shoved out the door. There's been quite a few brought in over the last few years and i'm sure there's plenty tales to tell regarding Levein's approach through various players.

2 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I think we can all safely say Levein was a terrible manager with zero man management skills and he used Vanacek as a scapegoat when we were struggling. Terrible thread though.

Yes, man-management seemed suspect throughout.

I don't think it's a terrible thread, most that's been talked about recently has been about Neilson and Gordon so it's a change to talk about something else.

13 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Was he any worse that game than McLean was week after week after week. After week.

After week....

Not at all.    Apart from macleans first few months he was hopeless.  As was wighton who also got quite a few chances 

19 minutes ago, Elshin said:

Not at all.    Apart from macleans first few months he was hopeless.  As was wighton who also got quite a few chances 

At least Wighton is young, had stepped up a level and had injury issues. There was hope that playing him it could click!!!

McLean... Not so much!!

2 hours ago, Jocam2325 said:

Still contributed more in a positive sense to Hearts than you do to this board. 

I like to think I bring somehting to the JKB table.  Vancek didn't even bring a napkin.

been here before
29 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I like to think I bring somehting to the JKB table.  Vancek didn't even bring a napkin.

What games did you watch him playing in?

Or just another case of you talking shite since you cant be arsed going to games?

55 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I know you like to think that. You form a group of 1 who share that sentiment. 

Pasquale for King
On 28/06/2020 at 00:39, Smoked-Glass said:

Maradona was a little large.  Levein would have disliked him

Would’ve played him at LB.

Pasquale for King
Just now, Smoked-Glass said:

Play it safe

None of that dribbling, go back to the CH and let Berra shell it, I know this league that’s what works 🙈.