North American Hearts Supporters Club

tynie

The club had a social evenning last night with the Tynecastle FC and their parents. Had a great night with some very fine people and future players. We had several draws and presented Gary McKay the coaching staff and the players with a variety of mometos of their trip to Canada. Hopefully we can follow up with some pictures but would like to point out the calibre of player and future citizens Scotland and Edinburgh is turning out should do us all proud. I know this isnt directly related to the fiasco going on but a wee bit of good news hopefully will cheers us all up.

Tynie,

ANY good news that is to be told should be shouted out loud. Get those pictures on!!! Thanks for this. :)

Chris Evans
The club had a social evenning last night with the Tynecastle FC and their parents. Had a great night with some very fine people and future players. We had several draws and presented Gary McKay the coaching staff and the players with a variety of mometos of their trip to Canada. Hopefully we can follow up with some pictures but would like to point out the calibre of player and future citizens Scotland and Edinburgh is turning out should do us all proud. I know this isnt directly related to the fiasco going on but a wee bit of good news hopefully will cheers us all up.

Cheers for that mate. Hope you had a great night. :)

It was a great night with the local jambos and the coaches, parents and lads from Tynecastle Boys' Club. We had a wee raffle and auction of Hearts memorabilia and raised $1500 for the Canadian Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, which is the charity of the Robbie, one of the tournaments that the boys came over to play.

http://www.robbiesoccertournament.com/index.html

They are playing today through the weekend in the Toronto Cup and are in a group with two Toronto-area teams and a Mexican team and could face a team from Florida in the knockout stage on Saturday.

http://www.toronto-cup.com/index.htm

Many thanks to Gary Mackay and the coaching staff and players from Tynecastle FC for a very enjoyable evening.

Canadianjambo

Tynecastle took on Brampton today in their first game of the Toronto Cup. The game ended 1-1 which was a fair result. Tynecastle went into the half 1-0 up having dominated the first half. The second was mostly Brampton and they eventually equalized. A number of good chances created, but the ball wouldn't go in. They have two games tomorrow the seconf against the Mexicans. A lot of very good players. I will suggest a name change to Kaunas Boys Club so that maybe they can sneek into the Hearts team in a few years!!! :)

CornhillHearts

Seems a tough Schedule for Toronto Cup but keep results coming as not updated on site, who do you like in the side Tynecastle side? The goalie is going to Hibs and a couple of others have a chance; Dale and Fraser?

im from winnipeg orignally, good to c there are a few jambos back in canuck land.

Seems a tough Schedule for Toronto Cup but keep results coming as not updated on site, who do you like in the side Tynecastle side? The goalie is going to Hibs and a couple of others have a chance; Dale and Fraser?

I like both Binnie at the back and the young striker Ahman, also the other centre back Gibson looks a player.

Adi Dassler
im from winnipeg orignally, good to c there are a few jambos back in canuck land.

Maybole now?

Didn't think there was any Jambos there.

My mum is originally from Maybole and i still have family there.

Place is full of Paris Buns, me and my brother used to get it tight during the school holidays with our Hearts tops on.

Maple Leaf

Tynecastle FC played their second game of the tournament this afternoon.

Despite the heat, the lads put in a very creditable performance against a team from Ajax Ontario, and scored a very impressive 6-0 victory, with three goals in each half. With a bit of luck they could easily have scored a few more.

Head Coach Gary Mackay is getting badly sunburned and he's also losing his voice ... too many renditions of the Hearts song, plus all that shouting from the sidelines. ;)

The team has their next game later on today.

davemclaren
Tynecastle FC played their second game of the tournament this afternoon.

Despite the heat, the lads put in a very creditable performance against a team from Ajax Ontario, and scored a very impressive 6-0 victory, with three goals in each half. With a bit of luck they could easily have scored a few more.

Head Coach Gary Mackay is getting badly sunburned and he's also losing his voice ... too many renditions of the Hearts song, plus all that shouting from the sidelines. ;)

The team has their next game later on today.

Can't you lend him some cream? :confused:

CornhillHearts

"Head Coach Gary Mackay is getting badly sunburned and he's also losing his voice ... too many renditions of the Hearts song, plus all that shouting from the sidelines"

Hope he has plenty of cream on those ears he should have got them pinned back years ago like his mate did! Keep the updates coming who got the goals in the 6-0 win.

Carl Weathers

Do Tynecastle boys club have any official links with Hearts?

Hearts get first pick on their players etc?

Cheers for the updates.

Canadianjambo

Besides the before mentioned 6-0 win against the Ajax Nitro (B team, their A team, Ajax Vipers, is in the other group), Tynecastle FC walked over C.E. Tepeyac of Mexico 5-0, I think the Mexicans only had 1 shot on goal all game.

I like Frazer Galloway #9, good striker, heads the ball well; Lewis Hawkins #4, solid in defence and gets the ball forward well; and Callum Paterson #7 made some great runs from midfield. Josh Riddell #2 was very reliable at right back. A very good preformance yesterday, the team made some great moves to get the ball forward. The defence is very solid.

The quarter final is today against ASG Florida. They were beaten up by all three teams and finished bottom of their group conceding 16 goals in 3 games.

I will update further as I can....

CornhillHearts

Heard the coach with the red nose is away to spy on possible opponents, and "Mr Kickback" is present!

Canadianjambo

Tynecastle are through to the final of the Toronto Cup this morning (Sunday) at 9:15 am at Berczy Park in Markham.

They beat ASG Florida 12-0 in the quarter final and Brampton Renegades 2-0 in the semi final. Their opponents will be Brampton East, who Tynecastle drew with 1-1 in the first game of the tournament.

:)

Maple Leaf

Tynecastle FC were beaten in the final of the Toronto Cup.

It was 1-1 at full-time, then they went straight into penalties and Brampton won 5-4.

It was a very good game with both sides evenly matched. Tynecastle scored first after about 50 minutes, but Brampton equalised with two minutes to go in regulation time. The referee awarded Brampton a very dodgy indirect free kick at the penalty spot because he said that Tynie's goalie, Michael Ross, allowed the ball to bounce after he had picked it up. In the resulting scamble around the Tynie goal, the ball was banged into the net.

Once again the weather was very hot and I think the local lads coped with the heat better than the Scottish boys.

Tynecastle FC did very well in the two tournaments they played in and should feel very proud of that. Parents, coaches and players are all sunburned. Now they have two days off before flying back to Scotland on Tuesday night.

Tynecastle FC has no affiliation with HMFC.

Well done the boys.

Sorry I couldn't make it up there, but was following their play from a distance.

Again, well done.

Archived