Craig Gordon

neilnunb

Personally, I'm raging we have to waste a season of the few Craig has left playing in a division below where we should be. 

Great goalkeeper, and arguably my first proper hero when I was younger. So pleased the big man is back. 

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo 4 Ever

• DS98

• Batistuta87

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

alwaysthereinspirit
6 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

You could pick many key moments that contributed to what was achieved. Elvis' captain's performance v Falkirk is one that stands out. Ironically, that was the day Gordon was sent off. 

On the flip side, the poor officiating on NYD dented what could have kicked us on to the title. 

At least they apologized after. 😜

Dusk_Till_Dawn
9 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

You could pick many key moments that contributed to what was achieved. Elvis' captain's performance v Falkirk is one that stands out. Ironically, that was the day Gordon was sent off. 

On the flip side, the poor officiating on NYD dented what could have kicked us on to the title. 

Such a shame Ehlvis turned out to be such a snakey prick

21 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Such a shame Ehlvis turned out to be such a snakey prick

Come on DtD, is it not time you let some stuff go? I mean, you have AB and the board who are still here to abuse...

What a difference big craigy g makes to the team!

It's like night and day compared to popadom hands last season!

Im actually starting to believe that if we had a better keeper last season we wouldnt be where we are right now.

Its such an important part of the team, ah well onwards and upwards.

David McCaig
2 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

What a difference big craigy g makes to the team!

It's like night and day compared to popadom hands last season!

Im actually starting to believe that if we had a better keeper last season we wouldnt be where we are right now.

Its such an important part of the team, ah well onwards and upwards.

Craig Gordon would have had us top 6 last season, even playing Zlamal ahead of Pereira earlier in the season would have been enough to keep us up.

kingantti1874
Just now, David McCaig said:

Craig Gordon would have had us top 6 last season, even playing Zlamal ahead of Pereira earlier in the season would have been enough to keep us up.

agreed..

43 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Absolutely agree!  Pereira single-handedly (pardon the exaggeration, both hands were atrocious) i responsible for our position in the league. 

• 1 year later...
On 04/06/2020 at 23:16, Batistuta87 said:

Past it. Made of glass. Canny kick a ball in a straight line. Would love for him to sign for someone like St Mirren so he doesn't sign for us.

On 04/06/2020 at 23:18, neilnunb said:

Haha very true. I wouldn't want him back at us but wouldn't want him going to a scummy club like that. Bad enough Celtic.

On 04/06/2020 at 23:23, indianajones said:

We should be aiming for better than Craig Gordon. 

Saying that, he is a vast improvement on what we have now. 

On 04/06/2020 at 23:38, Batistuta87 said:

Not really bothered where he goes just as long as he doesn't end up at Hearts. People just don't seem to realise just how bad his injury record actually is. 

Wouldn't touch him with a barge pole. He's spent an entire third of his career injured. That's an average of four months out injured, every single year. 

On 04/06/2020 at 23:54, stevie1874 said:

That ship sailed years ago, time to move on. 

On 05/06/2020 at 00:05, Batistuta87 said:

I'd have Jamie MacDonald back before I'd have Gordon. And I don't even really want him back either. There's dozens of free agent keepers around right now. Hladky would be my first choice but likely to be a lot of competition for him - same with Gillespie. I'd consider Koprivek who has just left Killie and Sarkic who Livi just had on loan from Villa. There are some good young keepers at the likes of Bournemouth (Travers), Man City (Muric/Bazunu), Everton (Virginia), who might be available on loan... Gordon would be an incredibly lazy signing.

On 05/06/2020 at 03:30, pointon said:

Good riddance his time has been and gone 

On 05/06/2020 at 06:20, pointon said:

Time to move forward no more pension funds for ex players 

On 05/06/2020 at 07:26, Bull's-eye said:

He's a pal of Craig Levein and should never be allowed to darken our door.

On 05/06/2020 at 07:43, Ainsley Harriott said:

I hope so otherwise he might end up back here.

On 05/06/2020 at 07:45, hmfc_liam06 said:

I'd rather the St Mirren keeper or even MacDonald before Gordon.

On 05/06/2020 at 07:58, Whatever said:

There will be better, younger, more affordable keepers out there.

If DS and Colt are still here, I’d trust them to find one.

On 05/06/2020 at 08:39, BelgeJambo said:

Dog has had its day

McLaughlan would be my preferred choice

On 05/06/2020 at 09:25, Ainsley Harriott said:

I like to think we have learnt our lesson signing over the hill injury prone players 

On 05/06/2020 at 11:25, Rick Sanchez said:

St Mirren would seem like the next logical step for him. 

Legend my arse.

On 12/06/2020 at 01:04, Barack said:

First name on the team sheet? 

St. Mirren's, yes.

On 12/06/2020 at 01:42, Cruyff said:

If Craig really wanted to end his career at Hearts like a PHM, he wouldn't be entertaining the idea of going from Celtic to their scummy we pals St Midden, he'd be banging on our door. 

His Hearts credentials are all but gone now if he signs for them. He should be roundly boo'd everytime he touches the ball. 

On 12/06/2020 at 07:50, sandyk said:

Not for me.  Better than what we have (not hard), but would prefer someone younger

On 12/06/2020 at 08:19, Shanks said:

No thanks.

On 12/06/2020 at 08:44, AlimOzturk said:

Would rather we went with Harry Stone. He has the potential to be the next the next Craig Gordon (peak) imo. Wouldn't be messing around with an older injury prone keeper who wants high wages. 

On 12/06/2020 at 09:52, Regular John said:

If we're still playing the Gegenpressing with the goalie as a sweeper style, then Gordon is the absolute last keeper you would look to deploy.

On 15/06/2020 at 10:47, OldGorgie said:

Pathetic to see Jambos clamouring to bring back another Smeltic tainted player

@sadjhere are some so called hearts fans for a start who claimed he wasn’t any good 

Just now, Barack said:

Trying to score petty points against another poster?

Quite sad.

Umm no he asked me on more than one occasion to prove it 

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Mods...can we stop the spamming of the thread?

Also, quoting/ mentioning people who've not previously posted on it, is against forum rules. Whilst casting aspersions on their characters too.

Thanks.

As is being disrespectful towards others too so please don’t disrespect me again Mate

13 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

@sadjhere are some so called hearts fans for a start who claimed he wasn’t any good 

not good 

1 minute ago, Shanks said:

not good 

I know … and I was asked by another poster to show examples of people who didn’t want him back

here were just some of them 😂

23 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

I couldn't stand Craig Gordon at Celtic, who celebrated saves against us whenever he could. 

Football fan in being very fickle shocker.

If Pressley ever becomes our manager and wins something you could fill your boots of my posts alone.

27 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

🤣  Trawling a thread to quote about 30 posters from a year ago 🤣

Away and grass on someone you sad, little pathetic arsehole.

Just now, neilnunb said:

🤣  Trawling a thread to quote about 30 posters from a year ago 🤣

Away and grass on someone you sad, little pathetic arsehole.

Umm if you must know - @sadjasked me to

also please refrain from name calling 

30 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Aye very good. Gordon has clearly proven us all wrong which i am sure we are all happy about.

'So called Jambos'. Shut yer face. 

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Interesting given said posters previous posts where he couldn't do the simplest of Google searches, when he was in his ??? phase.

But uses the JKB search button like a wizard, in order to get reactions such as yours there. A pity it's allowed, tbh.

You do know I was answering @sadj who asked for those who said Craig Gordon wasn’t good enough 

should be a lesson to anyone not to post things they don’t want brought up again too

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Interesting given said posters previous posts where he couldn't do the simplest of Google searches, when he was in his ??? phase.

But uses the JKB search button like a wizard, in order to get reactions such as yours there. A pity it's allowed, tbh.

I was enjoying a nice, quiet evening until that piece of trash quoted me and I got the notification. 🤣

Imagine having to sit beside it at Tynecastle. You'd be scared to breathe. 🤣

35 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Well done ya *****. I'm going to abuse you on here forever. 

Just now, Barack said:

Mods, can we stop the attempt by a poster to carry on with his a

You now know why I quoted them

i was asked on more than one occasion to show examples - by @sadj

so stop your bullying behaviour 

2 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

You do know I was answering @sadj who asked for those who said Craig Gordon wasn’t good enough 

should be a lesson to anyone not to post things they don’t want brought up again too

You quoted me despite the fact I didn't say Gordon wasn't good enough for us. The reason I didn't want him back at the time was because I wanted someone younger.

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Interesting that I never used the phrase "past it". 

Gordon at the time, wasn't in the best of form. Or even playing regularly, iirc? So, this attempt to troll others into.a reaction is quite flagrant in its audacity, imo.

Get over yourself 

each one is an example of someone who didn’t want Gordon back 

I was asked to provide examples

Just now, Cruyff said:

Very good. What made you decide to troll the board tonight?

If you read the other thread I was asked to provide examples

thats all I have done

if people don’t like it, they should think twice about what they post going forward 

I'll admit I was wrong about Gordon. I thought he should have came to Hearts after Sunderland but then again I'm a Hearts man but in all honesty he was right to go and win trophies with Celtic, you only get one chance and Craig Gordon is the best keeper this country has ever had. 

1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

If you read the other thread I was asked to provide examples

thats all I have done

if people don’t like it, they should think twice about what they post going forward 

No worries. I'll remember that. 

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I'll admit I was wrong about Gordon. I thought he should have came to Hearts after Sunderland but then again I'm a Hearts man but in all honesty he was right to go and win trophies with Celtic, you only get one chance and Craig Gordon is the best keeper this country has ever had. 

Great - glad you see sense now 

34 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

I know … and I was asked by another poster to show examples of people who didn’t want him back

here were just some of them 😂

Im actually one of the folk that you’ve quoted as not wanting gordon for the championship :lol: 

I still stand by that opinion btw, I felt at the time that it would be a waste of a big wage and that it would’ve done one of our younger keepers the world of good to get a season of football with us in the championship.  

I don’t think a club like hearts should’ve struggled to get promoted and that given a younger keeper a season as our number one would’ve benefited the club more in the long run. 

Whys that such a bad opinion that it needs to be dragged up a year later? 

1 minute ago, Shanks said:

Im actually one of the folk that you’ve quoted as not wanting gordon for the championship :lol: 

I still stand by that opinion btw, I felt at the time that it would be a waste of a big wage and that it would’ve done one of our younger keepers the world of good to get a season of football with us in the championship.  

I don’t think a club like hearts should’ve struggled to get promoted and that given a younger keeper a season as our number one would’ve benefited the club more in the long run. 

Whys that such a bad opinion that it needs to be dragged up a year later? 

I was asked by another poster to show examples of hearts fans who didn’t agree we should sign Gordon 

10 minutes ago, Barack said:

If someone can  find a post by me, saying explicitly I wouldn't take Gordon back...that will be great.

Rather than implied. 

Thanks to anyone that does, and I'll hold my hands up in that case.

Except the troll.

Doesn't matter mate. It's just the Internet. 👍

We know who the PHM's are, you're one of them. 

24 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

2 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

I was asked by another poster to show examples of hearts fans who didn’t agree we should sign Gordon 

Make up your mind.

🙄

Just now, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Both is valid 

🤣🤣🤣  you are changing it to suit your pathetic wee game.

Now piss off and don't quote me again.

Sad sacks.

See this would be an interesting topic had it been done in the right way. I had always been a defender of CG, even during his deepest darkest Celtic days. It was probably 50/50 on here back then and I had quite a few battles with certain posters on the subject. But **** me, a time and a place. Most if not all will accept they were wrong and hold their hands up but it could’ve been after a win in a light hearted manner and we all could have a laugh about it. 

Just now, neilnunb said:

🤣🤣🤣  you are changing it to suit your pathetic wee game.

Now piss off and don't quote me again.

Sad sacks.

You sound like a pleasant chap 

Just now, DS98 said:

See this would be an interesting topic had it been done in the right way. I had always been a defender of CG, even during his deepest darkest Celtic days. It was probably 50/50 on here back then and I had quite a few battles with certain posters on the subject. But **** me, a time and a place. Most if not all will accept they were wrong and hold their hands up but it could’ve been after a win in a light hearted manner and we all could have a laugh about it. 

I was asked by another poster for examples 

as I was accused of making it up too 

10 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

You should get out more......!

22 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Is Jambo 4 ever not the same wee troll that was asking everyone to be kind to Leigh Griffiths?

Careful now, "name calling is not allowed"... or similar pathetic comments:rofl: