Craig Gordon

neilnunb

Balogh was a good keeper imo but pereira is just terrible as far as Gordon I do not want him but to be fair a would rather have Gordon for a year then him take a coaching roll did not want Gallagher at the club at all

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo 4 Ever

• DS98

• Batistuta87

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jack D and coke
On 05/06/2020 at 00:08, Special Officer Doofy said:

The whole “I’ll return later on” patter only works if you do it when you are still worth having. Six years ago Craig could have done that... he chose to be a mhank instead.

Return, don’t return... no ****s to give now.

Correct. 
Beat it Craig. 

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Is Aberdeen Danny Rogers any good?  I've not ever seen him play.  Just been freed and was presumably stuck behind Lewis and Cerny. 

1 minute ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

Is Aberdeen Danny Rogers any good?  I've not ever seen him play.  Just been freed and was presumably stuck behind Lewis and Cerny. 

Always thought he was decent on loan and had very good potential. 

6 minutes ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

Well thought of a few years ago.

On loan at Dumbarton when we were in the Championship. 

Hard to say. 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
23 hours ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Depends on what league we're in. I'd take him in the Championship and keep him on as keeper coach.

Pereira was horrific and far and away our worst first team keeper since...Balogh maybe? Probably harsh on Balogh there. Moilanen?

But Pereira has made me appreciate how much having a keeper that can pass/cross can benefit the attacking side of things. If we're in the Prem, I would much rather we signed a young to mid 20's keeper who can save and pass. Plenty Celtic fans complain that Gordon still can't play with the ball at his feet, better than what we have but lets look for someone that can move us forward.

Don't even think you need to go that far back. Balogh and Tepi were both better than Zlamal and Doyle. Damning. 

Edited by Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Selkirk_Jambo
13 hours ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Don't even think you need to go that far back. Balogh and Tepi were both better than Zlamal and Doyle. Damning. 

To be fair to Zlamal, he may not be the best keeper in the world but he does not deserve to be put in the same bracket as Doyle or Pereira. His ability to react like a goalkeeper and actually keep the ball out of the net puts him several million miles ahead of either. The two jokers are the worst keepers we have had since Kurkis. And even then I'm not convinced they are any better :D

If we have the option to sign Gordon, and we can afford it, it's a no brainer. Get him in. 

Jambo 4 Ever
7 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Pathetic to see Jambos clamouring to bring back another Smeltic tainted player

Bet you were one of the ones creaming themselves over some of the pedigree of the dross we have signed over the last few years 

32 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

...and post most likely scripted in the playground today goes to.....you...

Dear Lord 🤯

Robbo-Jambo

No chance of Gordon coming back when Gallachers contract has just been extended. 

CG would have came back as player/coach if at all. 

Jambo 4 Ever
44 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

No chance of Gordon coming back when Gallachers contract has just been extended. 

CG would have came back as player/coach if at all. 

Let’s hope you’re wrong 

KhaleejiJambo

Balogh was a decent keeper, he got a bit of a bad rep from fans because he wasn't as good as some of the keepers we'd had in preceding years (we were spoiled with Niemi and Gordon, and even the others like Kello, Macdonald etc were pretty good). Until the last couple of years, we always had pretty decent keepers. No chance Balogh was any way near as bad as Pereira, who along with Moilanen and Kurskis are the worst keepers of the 21st century for Hearts. 

Edited by KhaleejiJambo

• 3 months later...
wattie exploited

what a save by Craigie boy so glad that he is back at hearts easily one of the best keepers in Scotland 

imagine if that had been any of our 3 keepers from last season we would have been one down !

really hope he gets a chance to get back in the Scotland setup 

Tenaciousdandy

Lucky to have him back, he's still one of the best keepers in the UK 

Edited by Dandyman79

Smoked-Glass

I thought he dipped a bit in 2017 and started making errors at celtic. Then there was that Scotland v England game that we blew followed by our 4-0 win over Satan's XI later that year. 

Seems to have recovered now. 

boy is still infinitely better than anything we've had for years. I feel sorry for the lads who are too young to remember him the first time round but boy do i feel like a kid on christmas again to see him back home

Jambo 4 Ever
On 04/06/2020 at 23:16, Batistuta87 said:

Past it. Made of glass. Canny kick a ball in a straight line. Would love for him to sign for someone like St Mirren so he doesn't sign for us.

Still think that? 😂

alwaysthereinspirit
3 minutes ago, obua said:

That last kick save against Mothwell:jambobanana:.

Got us in the Champions league that did.

Jambo 4 Ever
On 05/06/2020 at 03:30, pointon said:

Good riddance his time has been and gone 

On 05/06/2020 at 07:45, hmfc_liam06 said:

I'd rather the St Mirren keeper or even MacDonald before Gordon.

On 05/06/2020 at 11:25, Rick Sanchez said:

St Mirren would seem like the next logical step for him. 

Legend my arse.

On 12/06/2020 at 01:04, Barack said:

First name on the team sheet? 

St. Mirren's, yes.

On 12/06/2020 at 01:15, It should have been ten said:

No thanks 

On 12/06/2020 at 08:19, Shanks said:

No thanks.

On 13/06/2020 at 12:11, jack D and coke said:

Correct. 
Beat it Craig. 

On 15/06/2020 at 10:47, OldGorgie said:

Glad none of you are our manager 

Samuel Camazzola
6 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Got us in the Champions league that did.

It was one of the first few games of the season IIRC. The stop saved two points but couldn't be classed as being the moment that got us in the Champions League. 

46 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

It was one of the first few games of the season IIRC. The stop saved two points but couldn't be classed as being the moment that got us in the Champions League. 

Sat 09 Aug 2008 15:00
Hearts 3 Motherwell 2
SPL 01 of 38
Tynecastle Park Edinburgh Scotland
Ref: Iain Brines

Scorers Michael Stewart 25 ;Audrius Ksanavicius 40 ;Saulius Mikoliunas 81
Opp Scorers [David Clarkson 33] ;[David Clarkson 80]

2008/09 we finished 3rd

edit: - first save in video

Edited by Tommy Brown

7 hours ago, One five said:

Great goalkeeper 👍

Had we had those other numpties in goal we'd probably have lost last night.

6 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

After hes made one good save against ICT in the league cup :lol:

I'm happy with the win but it will take a bit more than that.

David McCaig
5 minutes ago, Shanks said:

After hes made one good save against ICT in the league cup :lol:

I'm happy with the win but it will take a bit more than that.

????

Because of course we he's achieved nothing else in his career!!

He’s the best goalie in Scotland. Only McGregor could rival him and he looks done. McLaughlin is decent but not nearly in the same class of goalkeeper as Craig. He’s also still better than David Marshall but unfortunately for him Steve Clarke is the Scotland manager so his international career is probably finished. 

1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

Hearts 3 Motherwell 2
SPL 01 of 38

2008/09 we finished 3rd

The save from rob jones was the best

So good to have a keeper of Gordon’s quality. What impressed me more than anything last night was his handling and how difficult balls into the box were held onto that makes such a difference and something we haven’t had in a long time...delighted the big man is back to finish his career with us!

Edited by JI TEES

Samuel Camazzola
2 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Hearts 3 Motherwell 2
SPL 01 of 38

2008/09 we finished 3rd

2008/09 he was long gone and on Sunderland's payroll. 😄

2 hours ago, buca junior said:

👍 

Smoked-Glass
On 13/06/2020 at 01:18, SomethingAboutObua said:

Depends on what league we're in. I'd take him in the Championship and keep him on as keeper coach.

Pereira was horrific and far and away our worst first team keeper since...Balogh maybe? Probably harsh on Balogh there. Moilanen?

But Pereira has made me appreciate how much having a keeper that can pass/cross can benefit the attacking side of things. If we're in the Prem, I would much rather we signed a young to mid 20's keeper who can save and pass. Plenty Celtic fans complain that Gordon still can't play with the ball at his feet, better than what we have but lets look for someone that can move us forward.

Balogh was fine.  Great save in Edinburgh derby. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Gordon basically takes out the fear. Our defence looked iffy last night but at least we don’t have to worry about our gk. Not a chance Perriera would have got anywhere near that first save

8 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Gordon basically takes out the fear. Our defence looked iffy last night but at least we don’t have to worry about our gk. Not a chance Perriera would have got anywhere near that first save

It basically guarantees there will be no shitty soft goals conceded this season. Of which there were dozens of last year. There were games where a lot of good play and hard work was undone by a clusterf*** of a goalkeeping error. Must have been so frustrating for the players. Now we know if we score 2 or 3 chances are we win the game. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
4 hours ago, Marvin said:

Had we had those other numpties in goal we'd probably have lost last night.

If we'd had all three in at the same time we'd probably have lost. Ridgers, too, showed he'd have been a better bet than any of the three of them.

1 minute ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

If we'd had all three in at the same time we'd probably have lost. Ridgers, too, showed he'd have been a better bet than any of the three of them.

Ridgers had a great save off Brandon last night..

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

Ridgers had a great save off Brandon last night..

Not only did he make a few good saves, he looked assured throughout the game. Pleased for him as an ex-Hearts player, good to see him doing well.

Back on Craig Gordon. Not only did he make a few good saves, he also looked very assured and able to make these vital saves when not being involved much, which will be, I hope, very much more the case in a great many games this season, where our inability (so far) to score freely will see our keeper under greater pressure to save the one shot on target that the opposition might have.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
41 minutes ago, DS98 said:

It basically guarantees there will be no shitty soft goals conceded this season. Of which there were dozens of last year. There were games where a lot of good play and hard work was undone by a clusterf*** of a goalkeeping error. Must have been so frustrating for the players. Now we know if we score 2 or 3 chances are we win the game. 

Tbf, there was some clusterf**k defending last season too. Wouldn’t want anyone to go easy on that either.

Rick Sanchez
12 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

I stand by my post and also agree with your post 👍

alwaysthereinspirit
6 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I knew it was very early in the season. I just always counted those two points as being the difference. Brilliant save.

Samuel Camazzola
6 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

I knew it was very early in the season. I just always counted those two points as being the difference. Brilliant save.

You could pick many key moments that contributed to what was achieved. Elvis' captain's performance v Falkirk is one that stands out. Ironically, that was the day Gordon was sent off. 

On the flip side, the poor officiating on NYD dented what could have kicked us on to the title. 

13 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Still think that? 😂

He did well, but it's only one game. I'll be happy and very pleasantly surprised if he gets through the season injury free and without any howlers. 

100% behind him, as I am with every Hearts player. 

Edited by Batistuta87

3 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

He did well, but it's only one game. I'll be happy and very pleasantly surprised if he gets through the season injury free and without any howlers. 

100% behind him, as I am with every Hearts player. 

Use to save us about 10 - 15 points a season first time around.