Hickey - signs for Bologna

communist

Yeah - Hickey looked ****ed and blowing out his as for us. Someone that would have been 6th year in school playing week in week out against the clodhoppers of Scottish football...

Some folk...::

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Mikey1874

• jamboinglasgow

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, The White Cockade said:

he's always shagged last 20 minutes

seems to cramp up as well

Ffs, he was 17 playing in our top flight. 

He, looked a bit tired, wonder why? 

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, Anything2 said:

Few folk have mentioned his lack of fitness, but I think he's just one of those players who looks knackered when he's not. I speak as one of those people myself, my coach as a youngster was always saying how it amazed him that I was sweating buckets 5 minutes into the warm up but could still run incline sprints 90 minutes into the session. 

Me too. 

indianajones

If you want a good example of a player lacking natural fitness then look no further than Jamie Walker. 

Hickey does not fall into this catagory. 

Clerry Jambo

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/ex-hearts-boss-craig-levein-celtic-bids-aaron-hickey-his-development-and-why-he-sees-him-midfielder-2933281

Ex-Hearts boss Craig Levein on Celtic bids for Aaron Hickey, his development and why he sees him as a midfielder

The teenage defender is one of the most sought after youngsters in Europe

6 minutes ago

Former Hearts boss Craig Levein has revealed the club “knocked box” various offers from Celtic for Aaron Hickey.

The teenage defender is in-demand around the UK and Europe with less than a year left on his contract.

Over the weekend the player was linked with Italian side Bologna with the club confirming their desire to recruit a young defender from aboard.

Craig Levein believes Aaron Hickey could be an effective holding midfield player. Picture: SNS

One of the other clubs reportedly interested in Hickey is Celtic.

The 18-year-old was on the books of the Scottish champions when he was younger before moving to Tynecastle.

Levein, who handed Hickey his debut in 2019, confirmed their attempts at re-signing him.

“There have been offers previously," he told BBC Sportsound. “Celtic tried to buy him back half-a-dozen times and that just got knocked back.

“There will be people who want to buy him, he’s a good age.

“Ann decided we didn’t want to sell him to Celtic for the offers that were made."

Levein is unsure of where Hickey will move to after trying to get him to sign a new Tynecastle deal for a number of months.

The player's father and agent will play a key part in his next step with the ex-Hearts manager keen for Hickey to move to a club where he would be able to continue his development playing first-team football.

On the playing side Levein is of the belief that the player could return to a midfield role where he had performed in the academy before a switch to full-back.

During the 2019/20 campaign he showed hos versatility playing in four different positions as he emerged as one of the few positives from the season. Despite being one of, if not the most inexperienced player in the squad, his maturity and bravery were also praised by former boss Daniel Stendel.

"He played because he was training so well, that was fairly simple,” Levein said.

"I did watch all of the youth games and reserves games and he steadily improved from the period where he came back to us from Celtic. I think it was Andy Kirk who moved him from a central midfield position to a left or right full-back and he really just took off from there.

“He’s got really good defensive qualities.

"Even myself had a little doubt about throwing him in at Celtic Park but he proved that he’s more than capable of doing the job. He never seems to get flustered about anything. He’s diligent, works extremely hard, he loves the competitive side of things and also likes defending, which is a rare thing these days.

“I’m not sure if he’ll end up being a full-back, he might end up going back into the midfield area. I think he would be a fantastic holding midfield player with his great awareness of danger and his ability to get out of tight situations with the ball at his feet.”

Edited by Clerry Jambo

3fingersreid

I hope he goes to Bayern and learns not only about football but life as well .

Ideally sell him for £60k , celtic get 30%😂 , we get him back for a season loan and a sell on clause of 40% thereafter . 

I think some of the comments about his defensive qualities are a bit harsh, given his age and experience. He's obviously a lovely footballer with natural talent, but I think he's smart too. And a quick learner.

Even in that last home game against Motherwell ( another game that could have went either way ).

From memory, he was given a difficult afternoon by their very impressive winger, who was older, stronger, direct and the man of the match probably. But Hickey persevered and was beginning to match him physically and even things up. You could see him learning and adapting as the game went on. He's a great player IMO. 

rudi must stay
7 minutes ago, pablo said:

I think some of the comments about his defensive qualities are a bit harsh, given his age and experience. He's obviously a lovely footballer with natural talent, but I think he's smart too. And a quick learner.

Even in that last home game against Motherwell ( another game that could have went either way ).

From memory, he was given a difficult afternoon by their very impressive winger, who was older, stronger, direct and the man of the match probably. But Hickey persevered and was beginning to match him physically and even things up. You could see him learning and adapting as the game went on. He's a great player IMO. 

This is a great post. I think I have expected too much after the Celtic game, in a poor team too. That can drag a player down and it has in his case, but the tools are there for him to have a right good career.

23 minutes ago, pablo said:

Hickey done that a number of times last season, where as the game wore on he sussed out his opposition man and started getting the better of them.

Daily record

Hickey 'offered' five year Bologna deal

(Image: SNS Group)  

Bologna have reportedly offered Aaron Hickey a five-year contract to convince him to move to Serie A.

The Hearts left-back is out of contract next summer, and is being chased by clubs across Europe.

Bayern Munich and Aston Villa are thought to be interested, while the 18-year-old has already been to visit Bologna’s training ground.

According to local newspaper Corriere di Bologna the Italian club have already agreed a €2million (£1.8million) fee with Hearts.

In addition the Rossoblu are said to have offered Hickey a five-year contract, with his salary to rise in each year of the deal.

The financial offer is said to be better than what is on the table from Villa, though Bayern are clearly a big draw.

However, Bologna are said to be confident of a deal as they can offer him first team football right away, as the alternative to Mitchell Dijks.

14:41

From Derek Rae:

Bild Sport says the two players are Aaron Hickey of Hearts, who they say will join for around 1.8 million Euro. The other is 16 year old winger Barry Hepburn of Celtic, who they say Bayern have been monitoring for months. Again, just relaying what Bild Sport is reporting

Edited by japanjambo

Stendelnator
4 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

£1.8m from Bologna- is that for real. Great opening bid if it is

Get real. He can sort a free transfer in nine games time

David McCaig
4 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

£1.8m from Bologna- is that for real. Great opening bid if it is

Not a bad offer, if it contains a 25% sell-on and a great move for Hickey if there is a serious prospect of first team football.

heartsfc_fan

£1.8M would be great. £500,000 would be due to Celtic but still a good amount our way.

Levein was talking about him on sport sound saying he was a quiet lad.

Personally think he would stay in the uk but at least Bayern have another few Scots that would help settle him in

jamboinglasgow
10 minutes ago, japanjambo said:

Bild Sport says the two players are Aaron Hickey of Hearts, who they say will join for around 1.8 million Euro. The other is 16 year old winger Barry Hepburn of Celtic, who they say Bayern have been monitoring for months. Again, just relaying what Bild Sport is reporting

Derek Rae with a bit about the article including an example of German puns

Here is the full article. 

https://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/fussball/hickey-und-hepburn-diese-schotten-rocken-den-bayern-nachwuchs-72230804.bild.html

I do think that its a huge compliment to Scottish youth development that Bayern have signed or aiming to sign 3 Scottish players aged 18 or younger (also suggests these see Scotland as undervalued so can get bargains.)

Bazzas right boot

Bologna would be ideal, if he done well he'd get sold for a large amount. 

Great for the lad as well, Italy. 

Birmingham, Glasgow even Munich v Bologna. 

First team football as well. 

£1.8m with a sell on % is decent. All round. 

The Treasurer
21 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

£1.8M would be great. £500,000 would be due to Celtic but still a good amount our way.

Daft question.

I know sellik are due 30%of any transfer fee but would they be entitled to anything from a future sell-on clause ?

Either way, a sell-on clause is a must in any deal

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Daft question.

I know sellik are due 30%of any transfer fee but would they be entitled to anything from a future sell-on clause ?

Is it a must? Guaranteed cash up front might be seen as better given the current circumstances. 

5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Is it a must? Guaranteed cash up front might be seen as better given the current circumstances. 

If you're selling an 18 year old, I'd say it would be pretty important to include a sell on. 

Assuming to ask for 20% wouldn't take too much off the initial transfer fee. 

Heartsofgold
13 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Daft question.

Not a penny.  Their development fee comes from us from any INITIAL TRANSFER figure attained, not future sale values.

davemclaren
Just now, Ari Gold said:

If you're selling an 18 year old, I'd say it would be pretty important to include a sell on. 

Assuming to ask for 20% wouldn't take too much off the initial transfer fee. 

Maybe. Would be interesting to know how many sell on arrangements actually work to the benefit of the selling club. Given our immediate financial position I’m not sure we want to gamble on a bonus in 3/4/5 years. 

rip van tinkle
18 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Daft question.

Fairly sure that any money we make from him now or in the future would always see a 30% cut going to Celtic. Similar to McGinn at Villa where St Mirren would get a percentage of any further cash that goes Hibs way 

KyleLafferty
2 minutes ago, rip van tinkle said:

Fairly sure that any money we make from him now or in the future would always see a 30% cut going to Celtic. Similar to McGinn at Villa where St Mirren would get a percentage of any further cash that goes Hibs way 

Celtic only get a development fee, they won’t receive any more money from us if Hickey gets sold again in his career.

Heartsofgold
1 minute ago, rip van tinkle said:

No they wouldn't.  The development fee issue is settled on the 1st transfer.  think about it.  If that was not the case then every time a fee was paid for a player then his original development club(s) would be securing fees every single time!

2 minutes ago, rip van tinkle said:

Think that’s correct.  When Andy Robertson moved from Hull to Liverpool, both Dundee Utd and Queens Park received part of the fee

5 minutes ago, rip van tinkle said:

Na I don't think so only the move from us, Celtic will have no claim on future transfers from his next club.

Edited by steve123

rip van tinkle
2 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

No they wouldn't.  The development fee issue is settled on the 1st transfer.  think about it.  If that was not the case then every time a fee was paid for a player then his original development club(s) would be securing fees every single time!

When Steven Fletcher went from Wolves to Sunderland It meant Burnley got a percentage due to their sell on clause. Hibs got a percentage of that percentage as well (if that makes sense)

Heartsofgold
4 minutes ago, hunts said:

Think that’s correct.  When Andy Robertson moved from Hull to Liverpool, both Dundee Utd and Queens Park received part of the fee

No.  United did due to the 10% sell on fee on his transfer to Hull.  QoS received nothing from the Liverpool transfer but they did from the United to Hull transfer.

Just now, rip van tinkle said:

When Steven Fletcher went from Wolves to Sunderland It meant Burnley got a percentage due to their sell on clause. Hibs got a percentage of that percentage as well (if that makes sense)

I think it must be how individual contracts are written, if Hearts don't insert a sell on in his contract with next team then there is noway Celtic can get part of that fee.

1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Daily record

Hickey 'offered' five year Bologna deal

(Image: SNS Group)  

Bologna have reportedly offered Aaron Hickey a five-year contract to convince him to move to Serie A.

The Hearts left-back is out of contract next summer, and is being chased by clubs across Europe.

Bayern Munich and Aston Villa are thought to be interested, while the 18-year-old has already been to visit Bologna’s training ground.

According to local newspaper Corriere di Bologna the Italian club have already agreed a €2million (£1.8million) fee with Hearts.

In addition the Rossoblu are said to have offered Hickey a five-year contract, with his salary to rise in each year of the deal.

The financial offer is said to be better than what is on the table from Villa, though Bayern are clearly a big draw.

However, Bologna are said to be confident of a deal as they can offer him first team football right away, as the alternative to Mitchell Dijks.

14:41

Heard this is his preferred move. 

rip van tinkle
Just now, steve123 said:

I think it must be how individual contracts are written, if Hearts don't insert a sell on in his contract with next team then there is noway Celtic can get part of that fee.

That’s how I see it.

On 03/08/2020 at 17:32, The White Cockade said:

he's always shagged last 20 minutes

seems to cramp up as well

Teenagers are susceptible to cramp, his fitness is not an issue

Heartsofgold
3 minutes ago, rip van tinkle said:

The Hibs money came from additional sell on clauses negotiated at the time of his transfer to Burnley.  The original question is  do Celtic get any more from his next transfer ie Bologna to, say Bayern.  They are currently due 30% of any transfer fee that Hearts receive.  It would be VERY unusual for us to agree to a (for example) 25% sell of fee with Bologna for us to also have to give 30% of that fee to Celtic.  

some decision the boy has on his hands, Bayern who have a track record of making top class players out other their youths, or 1st team football at 18 in serie A.

the most important decision I have to make is what to have for dinner!

7 hours ago, Baxfee said:

Has he physically gone to Italy to see the set up? 

Visited Bologna last weekend according to reports. 

If Bayern Munich come knocking for you when you're an 18 year old footballer, it would be absolute madness not to dive in headfirst.

There is not a chance in hell that he would be anywhere near getting a game for their first team, but that isn't a bad thing.  The facilities and coaching that a team like that can offer would be hugely different to anything he has ever seen before, and the chance to mingle and learn from some of the genuine superstars they have at Bayern would be amazing.  If he can take not being a regular starter, and playing for Bayern Munich II just for a year or two, his career has the potential to move upwards, quickly, and vastly more so than he could get playing in Scotland.

If he is wanting more regular first team game time, I can see why Bologna might be a more attractive option, but it's about weighing up what is good in your long term future, rather than the next few games.

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, tian447 said:

If Bayern Munich come knocking for you when you're an 18 year old footballer, it would be absolute madness not to dive in headfirst.

There is not a chance in hell that he would be anywhere near getting a game for their first team, but that isn't a bad thing.  The facilities and coaching that a team like that can offer would be hugely different to anything he has ever seen before, and the chance to mingle and learn from some of the genuine superstars they have at Bayern would be amazing.  If he can take not being a regular starter, and playing for Bayern Munich II just for a year or two, his career has the potential to move upwards, quickly, and vastly more so than he could get playing in Scotland.

If he is wanting more regular first team game time, I can see why Bologna might be a more attractive option, but it's about weighing up what is good in your long term future, rather than the next few games.

Disagree. If he succeeds at Bologna and fulfils his potential he will have the pick of big European sides. Time on his side.

Edited by Francis Albert

rip van tinkle
4 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

The Hibs money came from additional sell on clauses negotiated at the time of his transfer to Burnley.  The original question is  do Celtic get any more from his next transfer ie Bologna to, say Bayern.  They are currently due 30% of any transfer fee that Hearts receive.  It would be VERY unusual for us to agree to a (for example) 25% sell of fee with Bologna for us to also have to give 30% of that fee to Celtic.  

Again, similar to Hibs with McGinn. Development fee to St Mirren was a sell on clause. If McGinn goes for say 20 mill, then Hibs and st Mirren get a cut (25% for argument sake) 5 mill to Hibs who then have to give 1.25 mill to st Mirren. 

4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Disagree. If he succeeds at Bologna and fulfils his potential he will have the pick of big European sides. Time on his side.

I think it entirely depends on what he prefers to do.  Would he prefer to potentially be a rotation player at a mid-table Serie A team, or join the runaway Bundesliga winning team knowing he would be playing for the reserves.  They are very different types of team, and the facilities and resources will reflect that.

One thing is for sure - if he chooses to knock both of those offers back, and instead sign for Celtic, he is making a huge mistake.

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, tian447 said:

I think it entirely depends on what he prefers to do.  Would he prefer to potentially be a rotation player at a mid-table Serie A team, or join the runaway Bundesliga winning team knowing he would be playing for the reserves.  They are very different types of team, and the facilities and resources will reflect that.

One thing is for sure - if he chooses to knock both of those offers back, and instead sign for Celtic, he is making a huge mistake.

Whatever he decides he will be financially secure. At his age surely his priority must be to play first team football at the highest level he can. Which is clearly not Celtic.

Edited by Francis Albert

Portable Badger
40 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

No.  United did due to the 10% sell on fee on his transfer to Hull.  QoS received nothing from the Liverpool transfer but they did from the United to Hull transfer.

Didn’t think Queens Park could get any fee as they were a wholly amateur side - which is part of the reason they’ve now turned pro?  I may be off the mark here mind

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Portable Badger said:

Didn’t think Queens Park could get any fee as they were a wholly amateur side - which is part of the reason they’ve now turned pro?  I may be off the mark here mind

It has nothing to do with their professional status

It all depends on the arrangement between Hearts and Celtic.

It sounds like Celtic waived  the dev fee in exchange for a sell on fee % instead.

Do they get money from the next sell on too?  Dunno.  Depends on the contract, but I can't see it.

Portable Badger
14 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It has nothing to do with their professional status

Found an article....

The Hampden club have watched with great interest as Hull manager Steve Bruce submitted a series of increased offers for their former player.

They stand to gain £300,000 from the deal, an ironic twist given Stephen Thompson's dismissive approach to the League 2 club's claim for £15,000 when Robertson left the Amateurs for Tannadice last summer.

Thompson angered Queen's in 2010 when he used a loophole related to their status as amateur club to avoid paying a development fee for Barry Douglas. The United chairman made the situation worse by ignoring letters and phone calls from Scotland's oldest club.

Despite clubs such as Partick Thistle, Falkirk and Aberdeen handing over compensation fees in recent years Thompson used the same non-payment approach when he recruited Robertson and Aidan Connolly 12 months ago.

After a period of adverse publicity United offered a closed-door friendly between the clubs at Tannadice as payment with Queen's Park eventually protesting to the SFA and asking them not to register Robertson's and Connolly's move .

A compromise was reached when a fee for Douglas was paid and a 10% cut of any future transfer fee for Robertson agreed.

A spokesman for Queen's Park said: "We can confirm there is an amount due to Queen's Park for any transfer fee received by Dundee United for Andrew Robertson and that amount is percentage related.

"We have not been made aware of any transfer being confirmed so it would be inappropriate to say what our payment would be."

They were shafted at times by the looks of things and it seems legally they weren’t due anything but managed to agree reciprocal “arrangements”.

Edited by Portable Badger

€1.8 million bid from Bayern is a lot more than I expected.

Edited by Gizmo
Peebles-esq post