Hickey - signs for Bologna

communist

Bazzas right boot
On 30/06/2020 at 23:38, steve123 said:

I might be being very naive but I would be flabbergasted if he ended up at City.

Appreciate he is well though about but that is a hell of a jump !!

City will sign 10/2p of these types, loan them all out, If 1 or 2 stick - job done. 

He's not signing for City to slot Into their match day squad, football has changed. 

City will have players that could fill about 4 or 5 sides. 

If jp can get a 4 year deal at Utd... 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Mikey1874

• jamboinglasgow

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Why no sell-on?

Because he'd be staying at Bayern... Like he said. 

Can't get a sell on fee if he's not sold. 🤔

10 hours ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

That last sentence 🤦🏼‍♂️ I take it you didn’t see much of us last season? 

Our defence regardless of individual ability last season has to be up there with one of our worst over the years.

The kids got ability but I'm not going to lose sleep over the fact our left back in a team that finished bottom of the league is going to move on for over a million pounds..

Its clear hes not going to stay and repay the faith so let's make some money.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Jambo92 said:

Our defence regardless of individual ability last season has to be up there with one of our worst over the years.

The kids got ability but I'm not going to lose sleep over the fact our left back in a team that finished bottom of the league is going to move on for over a million pounds..

Its clear hes not going to stay and repay the faith so let's make some money.

"in a team that finished bottom of the league". 

images (1).jpeg

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Aaron interested enough too

Good stuff. Good luck to the laddie. Hope he chooses wisely and it pays off for both of us. 

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Good stuff. Good luck to the laddie. Hope he chooses wisely and it pays off for both of us. 

I agree with this maybe get a bidding war on the go🙂

On one hand we are told he wants to play first team football and on the other he may well sign for a club where he has little chance of playing next season

In football money talks. So we look after ourselves and get the best deal for us in the circumstances and he will rightly look after his own interests but he won't be playing first team football at Bayern for example

As for Sheffield Wednesday they are already under a 12 point penalty for next season and hardly have a penny to spend

We'll find out in the next 10 days or so and hovering in the background are Celtic just waiting to see what the deal is then come along and try and tempt him back with a little sweetner thrown our way as they have that % clause.

I may well be proved wrong but I don’t think Hickey is as good as Gary Naysmith or Callum Paterson were at his age and he’s nowhere near Robertson or even Tierney so I’d be surprised if he moves to a real top side and plays more than 50 games in one of the elite leagues. 
Right now I’d take £2m with add ons, just in case I’m way off the mark but I’ve a horrible feeling he’ll end up a career Celtic player. 

The fact hickey has shown up so well considering how poor everyone was around him. Would rather he went to villa as more chance of a loan back. If he goes abroad more likely to go to a lower league side in that country 

1 hour ago, Lfhearts said:

Hickey for Man City, Bayern Munich ain't happening.

Lf is our new ITKer!

Great stuff. Let’s hear it...

Clerry Jambo

Just got a feeling he will end up back at the filth. They’re hovering around and normally get what they want.

11 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Just got a feeling he will end up back at the filth. They’re hovering around and normally get what they want.

this. They might offer us the Loan back as short term they have Taylor and bolongoli 

Once a fee is agreed Celtic could match it and wave their 30% to put them in pole position. 

In saying that they'll probably try and get him on the cheap again and hopefully miss out . 

Villa would be a good move for him carreer wise . 1-5 mill and add ons ala McGinn would seal it I would think . 

1 minute ago, ramrod said:

Once a fee is agreed Celtic could match it and wave their 30% to put them in pole position. 

In saying that they'll probably try and get him on the cheap again and hopefully miss out . 

Villa would be a good move for him carreer wise . 1-5 mill and add ons ala McGinn would seal it I would think . 

Aaron Hickey will chose where he wants to go. 

6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Aaron Hickey will chose where he wants to go. 

Agree. With a year left on his deal and teams ready available to meet the price, we won't have much say in where he goes. We need to sell him this summer.

31 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

I get this feeling too. Think he’ll sign a pre contract in January and all we’ll get is a development fee. We need to cash our chips in now to the highest bidder 

Howdy Doody Jambo

Just hope he doesn't make the sad choice of going back to Celtic when there is ambitious offers on the table 

7 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Would like him to go to a EPL club and loaned back to us for 27 games.....

Backwards step for him coming back to us on loan. He'd be better of playing in the EPL u23 league. 

Rocky jamboa

Anyone but celtic! Hopefully we take a lower up front amount and bigger sell on clause, just to annoy them!

Bayern sounds great but moving to a foreign club/city at that age is pretty daunting. Villa sounds like it might be the best move for him. Playing in EPL and a chance of getting game time. Man c would see him permanently out on loan I reckon.

Saint Jambo
1 hour ago, Shaggy2 said:

I may well be proved wrong but I don’t think Hickey is as good as Gary Naysmith or Callum Paterson were at his age and he’s nowhere near Robertson or even Tierney so I’d be surprised if he moves to a real top side and plays more than 50 games in one of the elite leagues. 
Right now I’d take £2m with add ons, just in case I’m way off the mark but I’ve a horrible feeling he’ll end up a career Celtic player. 

It's amazing how the same stupid comparisons come up on JKB. Went back into a thread from April about Hickey where comparisons were being made to Wallace and Robertson.

Wallace - At the age Hickey was in late April when I posted (can't be bothered updating to debunk the same garbage) Wallace had only been in the team for 3 months and played 12 games.

Paterson - At the same age was 4 months in to his first season of regular first team football.

Naysmith - At the same age Hickey is Naysmith had played 13 games. He had played 12 games in the 1996-97 season. In the 1997-98 season at the same age as Hickey he had played 1 out of 24 games.

Robertson - Andy Robertson was 19 when he left Queen's Park for Dundee United. Hickey has just turned 18.

Tierney - He was the age Hickey is now at the end of the 2014/15 season. At that age Tierney had made 2 appearances for Celtic totalling 78 minutes of first team football.

My point isn't that Hickey will go on to be a better players than any of those mentioned above, but the idea that a firm judgement can be made on him having just turned 18 is crazy. I think people forget how young he is. When people say Wallace or Naysmith or Paterson was better at his age, are they really able to remember clearly what they thought of those players after a dozen or so games? As for Robertson or Tierney, unless you were a regular at Queen's Park or Celtic reserves you'd have no way to make that comparison as you'd never have seen them play at Hickey's age.

I'll re-post how I ended my post in April as this thread suggests nothing has changed.. "I've said before that I think Hearts fans (possibly all fans, I don't know) have a really bad habit of massively over hyping a player when they first come into the team, then when they aren't man of the match every week a year later they decide they are rubbish, haven't progressed or have gone backwards. Many fans seem to lack patience and understanding of how young players develop. From this thread it looks like Hickey might be the next victim of that."

4 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

Heard he wants to go to Celtic and his auld fellah is keen on it being his next move 

celtic are still scarred from being the club who released Andy Robertson and don’t want hickey to be the same. Why is he wasting his time going abroad then when there is a global pandemic 

upgotheheads
3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Because he'd be staying at Bayern... Like he said. 

Can't get a sell on fee if he's not sold. 🤔

All of his career? 

NaturalOrder74

You’d think with so much interest it would bump the asking price up a bit, happy to settle for a nice sell on clause though 

I don't know why he'd want to go to Celtic. Greg Taylor is a bit ahead of him. He's still young and had two assists today. They've got that other boy Bollingoli too. Why would he want to be 3rd choice at a side in the SPFL when he might by 2nd or 3rd choice in Serie A or the English Championship, or even playing in the English u23 League or out of loan? 

3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Anyone but celtic

Majorly!!! As a Sponsor of his, if he did then consider the item/s donated. 

10 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I don't know why he'd want to go to Celtic.

Born and brought up in Glasgow, family and friends of the green and white persuasion. Poor kid never had a chance

ToadKiller Dog

If you have belief in your talent you go to the biggest club wanting you  which at the moment if the list is true is  Bayern .

At Bayern Youth players get a chance Alphonso Davis ,plus Bayern Munich 2 games would hardly harm him.

31 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

You’d think with so much interest it would bump the asking price up a bit, happy to settle for a nice sell on clause though 

That's what I am thinking. Stuff yer 1.5m, if there are genuinely four or five big clubs ask for 5m and see who can get the highest. 

Adam_the_legend
23 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I don't know why he'd want to go to Celtic. Greg Taylor is a bit ahead of him. He's still young and had two assists today. They've got that other boy Bollingoli too. Why would he want to be 3rd choice at a side in the SPFL when he might by 2nd or 3rd choice in Serie A or the English Championship, or even playing in the English u23 League or out of loan? 

Because he’s a celtic fan along with his dad. 

With only a year left on his contract I can't see him going for that much, he could just sit tight for a season and then let the bidding war resume, but at that stage he'd be pocketing the £5 million!

RedStarRiot

The best move he can make would be somewhere like Bayern to develop, not many players get that chance. 

Celtic is the last place I want him to end up. 

2 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Lf is our new ITKer!

Great stuff. Let’s hear it...

Your a pain up the xxxx, I ain't in the know but of course you know he was better than Lee Wallace at his age right enough....

13 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Because he’s a celtic fan along with his dad. 

He can play for Bologna and still be a Celtic fan. Celtic didn't want him. 

26 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

Born and brought up in Glasgow, family and friends of the green and white persuasion. Poor kid never had a chance

Defo. 

RedStarRiot

Seems a bit of a risk putting players we rate that are under 18 into our first team if we can't tie them down to longer contracts . I can see it happening again in future if the academy produces more quality young players. Maybe we need to try to keep them under the radar for longer and out of the first team picture to them get them on longer contracts in order to get those millions we would like to see of a player the caliber of hickey.  

See all the stuff about Aaron’s dad being some kind of hooped demon, it’s crap, he’s a really nice guy. Just Looking out for his son, And not desperate to get him to parkhead. Don’t forget they chose to leave Celtic to get a chance. Been delighted with his son playing for hearts. The key part is playing. Don’t think the family particularly want Aaron to leave Scotland, which kind of limits your options Tho and Celtic are the obvious one if you don’t. Don’t think they’d want to go and him be 3rd choice. It’s going to be hard to turn down abroad tho. Goes with my best wishes wherever he goes.

14 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Your a pain up the xxxx, I ain't in the know but of course you know he was better than Lee Wallace at his age right enough....

Odd... You said he was going to Celtic. I naturally assumed you were in the know. Are you not then?

Hickey is better than Wallace when he first broke through. Wallace isn't a bad player though. Nowhere near Gary Naysmith standard, but good anyway.

47 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

With only a year left on his contract I can't see him going for that much, he could just sit tight for a season and then let the bidding war resume, but at that stage he'd be pocketing the £5 million!

When was the last, or first, time any club paid £5m for a Scottish second tier player? Has to go now. 

2 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

It's amazing how the same stupid comparisons come up on JKB. Went back into a thread from April about Hickey where comparisons were being made to Wallace and Robertson.

Wallace - At the age Hickey was in late April when I posted (can't be bothered updating to debunk the same garbage) Wallace had only been in the team for 3 months and played 12 games.

Paterson - At the same age was 4 months in to his first season of regular first team football.

Naysmith - At the same age Hickey is Naysmith had played 13 games. He had played 12 games in the 1996-97 season. In the 1997-98 season at the same age as Hickey he had played 1 out of 24 games.

Robertson - Andy Robertson was 19 when he left Queen's Park for Dundee United. Hickey has just turned 18.

Tierney - He was the age Hickey is now at the end of the 2014/15 season. At that age Tierney had made 2 appearances for Celtic totalling 78 minutes of first team football.

My point isn't that Hickey will go on to be a better players than any of those mentioned above, but the idea that a firm judgement can be made on him having just turned 18 is crazy. I think people forget how young he is. When people say Wallace or Naysmith or Paterson was better at his age, are they really able to remember clearly what they thought of those players after a dozen or so games? As for Robertson or Tierney, unless you were a regular at Queen's Park or Celtic reserves you'd have no way to make that comparison as you'd never have seen them play at Hickey's age.

I'll re-post how I ended my post in April as this thread suggests nothing has changed.. "I've said before that I think Hearts fans (possibly all fans, I don't know) have a really bad habit of massively over hyping a player when they first come into the team, then when they aren't man of the match every week a year later they decide they are rubbish, haven't progressed or have gone backwards. Many fans seem to lack patience and understanding of how young players develop. From this thread it looks like Hickey might be the next victim of that."

Research and facts aren’t really welcome here!

7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Has to go now. 

Definitely. His contract expires in 10 months, he has to go in this window. If not chances are a pre contract will be offered to him in January and he will walk away for nothing.

heartsfc_fan

We need to cash in on him or we'll get next to nothing for him in January.

Getting over £1 Million will be decent business.