SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

1 minute ago, graygo said:

We can joke about it but as is normal with a resolution did they just announce that only 16 clubs voted in favour so the proposal has failed or did they actually say 26 were against it?

Nope no official numbers or names given.(apart from 16) no percentages in each section etc etc

Maybe they just drew the names out of a hat?

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Seaside jambo said:

Yeh I know , but I don’t think anyone knows how this will go for sure , so was only asking 

cheers

Money is the consolation prize 

2 minutes ago, Section Q said:

From the Beeb

Hearts and Partick Thistle are claiming £10m from the SPFL should the courts rule not to overturn their relegations.

The pair lodged a petition with the Court of Session on Wednesday, with Hearts claiming £8m and Thistle £2m.

In a joint statement, they say they "have no wish to disrupt" Scottish football, but "reserve the right" to try to delay the Premiership season.

The pair had their demotions confirmed on Monday when clubs failed to support league reconstruction.

It followed a vote to curtail the term, with Hearts bottom of the Premiership and Thistle last in the Championship.

We'll be back in our rightful leagues tomorrow if Doncaster's seen this 

Robbo-Jambo
8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

And when UEFA ask "Why didn't you plan to restart like almost every other top flight league?" Lawell's reply would be interesting

Exactly. 

Especially when games in England are getting played right in the middle of the court case. 

We have them severely by the short and curlies.

So Donald Findlay going on public radio on Monday after the indicative vote saying he thought he was voting on 14-14-14 is part of the charade?

Could it be the SPFL board were calling Hearts on the threat of legal action, and subsequently shat a brick as we pressed on with proceedings showing this was no bluff?

So now they have to show that there was all this 'confusion' and 'multiple votes over various reconstruction proposals' that it turns out there is enough to call an EGM! The Dunfermline vote will have got muddled with their vote on 14-14-14. Or the 14-14-14/16 one. Oh wait it's still in the spam folder.

I reckon the next 7 days will see an EGM called and reconstruction voted through.

4 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Nope no official numbers or names given.(apart from 16) no percentages in each section etc etc

Maybe they just drew the names out of a hat?

So that could be 16 for, 14 against, and 12 abstained. Wouldn't put it past them.

heatonjambo
47 minutes ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

Don’t know why, but I think there has been something going on that we don’t know about.

Without stating the obvious!

I honestly believe moves are afoot to kick the current SPFL board into touch and rid cel;tic of the power base./

Les Grey is this inside man!

stranger things happen in a nest of vipers

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, rory78 said:

We'll be back in our rightful leagues tomorrow if Doncaster's seen this 

He / they will fight this.  They knew what was coming. 

Oneneilberry

Did I read somewhere that for a resolution you need to vote yes so if you don’t vote it’s counted as a no (it was in relation to the Dundee shambles possibly the piece with David Winnie saying company law doesn’t place any obligation on members to cast a negative vote)

could it be the possible enough teams had already voted no so ND just told other teams that the resolution didn’t pass and their vote wasn’t needed(has previous for this)which would make these votes a no

will-i-am-a-jambo
55 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

What's that a list of 

Yes/ no? 

Definitely a no list l would say. Think Hibs being in there is the giveaway.

Siphiwe Tshabalala
4 minutes ago, heatonjambo said:

I honestly believe moves are afoot to kick the current SPFL board into touch and rid cel;tic of the power base./

Les Grey is this inside man!

stranger things happen in a nest of vipers

Fingers crossed!

5 minutes ago, whodanny said:

So that could be 16 for, 14 against, and 12 abstained. Wouldn't put it past them.

quite possibly

The Wrinkly Ninja
Just now, Cruyff said:

We should have begun legal action day 1 after the resolution. 

Not really

2 minutes ago, Oneneilberry said:

Did I read somewhere that for a resolution you need to vote yes so if you don’t vote it’s counted as a no (it was in relation to the Dundee shambles possibly the piece with David Winnie saying company law doesn’t place any obligation on members to cast a negative vote)

could it be the possible enough teams had already voted no so ND just told other teams that the resolution didn’t pass and their vote wasn’t needed(has previous for this)which would make these votes a no

Just going to tag @Footballfirst to this post in case he misses it as it would be interesting to know how much hot water Doncaster could find himself in.

So now we know that the SPFL have the power to force reconstruction, surely this would be the most sensible thing to do now. 13-10-10-9. 

2 minutes ago, kila said:

So Donald Findlay going on public radio on Monday after the indicative vote saying he thought he was voting on 14-14-14 is part of the charade?

Could it be the SPFL board were calling Hearts on the threat of legal action, and subsequently shat a brick as we pressed on with proceedings showing this was no bluff?

So now they have to show that there was all this 'confusion' and 'multiple votes over various reconstruction proposals' that it turns out there is enough to call an EGM! The Dunfermline vote will have got muddled with their vote on 14-14-14. Or the 14-14-14/16 one. Oh wait it's still in the spam folder.

I reckon the next 7 days will see an EGM called and reconstruction voted through.

I didn't hear him say 14, 14, 14 but could have missed it. I think he said that too many teams would be relegated with reconstruction which was the argument against 14, 14, 14 as a temporary recon would result in 6 championship clubs being relegated at the end of the temporary period and for some reason the 4 teams remaining in L1 seemed to think that was tantamount to a relegation as it was be default the bottom league in a 14, 14, 14 system. 

36 minutes ago, Musemic said:

Is it not the case that our season tickets are a guarantee for 18 home games, no matter when they get played?

So if Hearts end up only playing 14 games who picks up the tab for that ?  The club ? 

I do worry that we are all in an echo chamber on this thread and so far throughout it all none of it has played in our favour or to our belief of how it will go and i fear this is no different.

There will be no u turn on reconstruction unless the court decides it.

I dont think the SPFL have been twiddling their thumbs the last 2 months and will have been reviewing every last detail of what they did and looking at their articles of association to see if there are any gaps.

If they do nothing in the next 7 days then for me that will show they believe their case is solid.

i’ll say it again they know how to defend the indefensible and seem to dodge bullets for fun so i hope this time they have overstretched it.

Time will tell but im cautious to get too optimistic here.

heatonjambo
34 minutes ago, 22games nro said:

I fancy a wee friendly with Amiens when all this COVID stuff is finished 

Description

Amiens is a city in northern France, divided by the Somme river. It’s known for the Gothic Amiens Cathedral and nearby medieval belfry. Shops and cafes line the Quartier St.-Leu’s narrow streets. Floating market gardens (“hortillonnages”) dot the city’s canals.

F7D90554-0EEF-46E9-9435-B7459ACE92DF.jpeg

It’s a lovely little place./

also the closest town to Contelmaison, so could be a good all round trip. 

Libertarian
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I think we should follow the advice of the QC who is after all a professional in legal matters.

13 minutes ago, graygo said:

The chairman of the lowland league said as much on Sportsound a couple of weeks ago.

Just another example of the complete lack of any care taken  , when they have made decisions , no doubt relying on the fact that the smaller teams can do little more than complain. 

4 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

He / they will fight this.  They knew what was coming. 

So did Hearts. Looks like it's been being prepared for weeks. When was the vote, Monday? Even now Board members are talking fast and loose. All there in the public domain.

49 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

That must be one of the best and most insightful articles that I have read for a very long time by Scottish football journalist. He really seems to understand exactly what has happened to the three clubs and sees right through the people who voted against reconstruction.

I completely agree.  I know there are some on here who can't get past the criticisms he made of us during the farcical period of the Vlad regime, but he is one of the very few that speaks his mind, even daring to criticise The Rangers when most others were too afraid to do so in case they ended up being 'Jim Spenced' out of their jobs.

2 minutes ago, Anything2 said:

I didn't hear him say 14, 14, 14 but could have missed it. I think he said that too many teams would be relegated with reconstruction which was the argument against 14, 14, 14 as a temporary recon would result in 6 championship clubs being relegated at the end of the temporary period and for some reason the 4 teams remaining in L1 seemed to think that was tantamount to a relegation as it was be default the bottom league in a 14, 14, 14 system. 

I know we discussed this earlier but Cowdenbeath were in favour of all the 14s at one point.

Im now convinced Findlay was confusing the narrative on purpose.

He is against Brora and Kelty coming in next season in a bottom tier of 10.  That is a significant threat to Cowdenbeath.

will-i-am-a-jambo
48 minutes ago, husref musemic said:

something not adding up again! surely they wouldn't ala Dundee disappearing vote....

Dundee must be a Bermuda Triangle for emails!

6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Nope disagree by doing it when we have we have strengthened our case by showing we did all we could.

It was more than likely our lawyers dictating the pace of this.

35 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Why would the home teams allow beamback, knowing the vast  Hearts fans are boycotting?

In the championship BBC Scotland shows the games for free, usually on a Friday night.

6 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

So now we know that the SPFL have the power to force reconstruction, surely this would be the most sensible thing to do now. 13-10-10-9. 

It may just come down to getting beat by the wummin

This is only going to go one way and it's not the way of the SPFL. I think they'll try an out of court settlement as damage limitation but **** them. They made their bed. See you in court.

niblick1874
1 hour ago, stuart500 said:

Good start from Hearts. Donkey is an arrogant ***** though so I don't expect him to capitulate straight away.

Probably a lot more pavement dancing to be done and the Donkey will be looking for a face saver

Donkey has nothing to do with any of this other than to be a distraction. Stop it. 

I seem to remember a poster, end of last week, predicting that when the papers were served that he reckoned that a few days after, EGM would be called and spfl would push through reconstruction..... 🤞

5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Who is to say we did not... but it takes time to structure the legal case and bring it to court.

Just now, niblick1874 said:

Donkey has nothing to do with any of this other than to be a distraction. Stop it. 

Ah we will see about that.

2 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

I do worry that we are all in an echo chamber on this thread and so far throughout it all none of it has played in our favour or to our belief of how it will go and i fear this is no different.

I dont think the SPFL have been twiddling their thumbs the last 2 months and will have been reviewing every last detail of what they did and looking at their articles of association to see if there are any gaps.

If they do nothing in the next 7 days then for me that will show they believe their case is solid.

i’ll say it again they know how to defend the indefensible and seem to dodge bullets for fun so i hope this time they have overstretched it.

Everything they've done is legally correct - they followed their QCs advice to the letter.

The only difficulties might be - 

the role (or not) of the Competition Authority

the shambles of the original resolution that started all this 

Les Gray saying the clubs "have been treated unfairly". 

Unforeseen consequences : Hearts now playing in a truncated league where (ignoring anything else) they take a 25% hit on income.

Whatever the SPFL QCs were  thinking about , it wasn't this. 

7 minutes ago, Hearts Daft said:

I think we should follow the advice of the QC who is after all a professional in legal matters.

We are now. 

2 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Nope disagree by doing it when we have we have strengthened our case by showing we did all we could.

It was more than likely our lawyers dictating the pace of this.

Not really. We voted to end the season and allowed the SPFL to strengthen their case by allowing a members vote on reconstruction. Those things have harmed our case, especially voting to end the season. 

55 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

The club can keep my money if there is only 27 games. The clubs given me the  best days of my life.

Ssshh, you're weakening our compo case coming out with stuff like that.  You will definitely be claiming a full refund, like all of us will if we end up playing a reduced season.  Got it?

:thumbsup:

Oneneilberry
7 minutes ago, kila said:

Just going to tag @Footballfirst to this post in case he misses it as it would be interesting to know how much hot water Doncaster could find himself in.

If anyone could shed some light FF is probably a good start ..as I say I know it happened in the top league before and would get a few clubs out of having to show their cards ..maybe nothing but may explain the huge difference in what was expected 

See that The rangers are to play their game against the germans. 

Serous question: Would the league have finished early if Celtic were still in Europe? 

11 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

The SPFL dodge bullets because their members vote that way. For example, no desire to have an independent inquiry into it all, happy to go along with the results from the Doncaster restricted quickie done by Deloitte.

But here there is £10m at stake, plus more from the fall out of it all. There is just too much at risk for the collective to not come to their senses and go for the easy option. They'll vote to avoid a bullet, they just needed things to get this far before folding because they'd be folding at the first hurdle otherwise. I really do think they are that pathetic.

Edited by kila

1 minute ago, jock _turd said:

Who is to say we did not... but it takes time to structure the legal case and bring it to court.

We never petitioned the court until today so i think it is fair to say we didn't. 

If this goes the whole 9 yards and we end up with the compensation I would hope we commission a special away strip with Thank You SPFL on it next season. 

3 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Who was it last week said , the only person involved with the SPFL that understands the articles of association and rules is the person who wrote it (their lawyer). Like everyone I’m none the wiser about how the case will go but everyone in Scottish football is in their own echo chamber ,it’s a comfort blanket but  what will be will be . This will be the longest 7 days since Administration 

19 minutes ago, kila said:

Why ? Nothing has changed which would turn 16-26 into reconstruction. They were told we were going to court. The SPFL told them the liabilities if we did and they were clearly concerned. But the clubs STILL voted overwhelmingly against.

Reconstruction by vote is dead IMO

We are left with imposed No promotion/relegation or imposed reconstruction as the immediate 7 day options. Alternatively give notice your fighting it and we’ll have the season suspended.

Edited by JimmyCant

niblick1874
Just now, Lfhearts said:

Ah we will see about that.

Hopefully, although for many it has been obvious for........ever.  

Fort Vallance
10 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

No that money can only be handed out if it’s for community projects, it’s not for paying wages etc.

I understand that. But at the end of the day it's still money the clubs will have to find to pay BT. In one hand, out with the other. 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )