SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

I hope we do hold our council over the next few days & stay silent. 
There will be many interlopers looking in here for any snippets of info so if there is any genuine itk stuff kicking about best keep it to yourself.

Make these corrupt barstewards sweat.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Captain Canada

There seems to be 16 that voted for and according to a post on here, 14 I think that voted against. That only adds up to 30 so how did the other 12 vote (or not vote?) 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 hour ago, RobNox said:

Actually, Tom English wrote a good piece on BBC site yesterday.  Apologies if already posted elsewhere, I haven't been able to go back through everything that's been posted on this thread or esewhere.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53062777

That must be one of the best and most insightful articles that I have read for a very long time by Scottish football journalist. He really seems to understand exactly what has happened to the three clubs and sees right through the people who voted against reconstruction.

Seymour M Hersh
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The word was it was Lawell. And unknown others. Not the SPFL Board. It was just presented there. 

Ftfy.

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Refunds on STs as we only play 27 games  in total (so not 18 home games)

Loss of income from 4 games (14 max instead of 18 )

Reduced match day income

Reduced hospitality income

The club can keep my money if there is only 27 games. The clubs given me the  best days of my life.

22games nro

Even if Dunfermline voted for it, they are only trying to appease the hearts support , he would have been well aware it wasn’t going to pass so thought he would try to pull the wool over our eyes.

just listen to his comments during the initial vote to end leagues early tells you where his " loyalty" lies

1DB53149-FC20-4BD2-8031-BEF34CC14C88.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The word was it was Doncaster. And unknown others. Not the SPFL Board. It was just presented there. 

Even worse. That needs explained.

6 minutes ago, Pilmuir said:

Really? The SPFL must have a record that they voted no? There is something fishy about this vote.

OK, here's a shower thought I had from last night. Real conspiracy theory stuff, so my apologies. :D Reconstruction lost the vote anyway, but the vote result was announced incorrectly in the knowledge that Hearts were most likely going to launch legal action. The idea is that then it is going to be revealed that the vote results were erroneous, the SPFL will put their hands up to a counting error mistake, and will offer to hold a proper vote, knowing that this time clubs will be falling over themselves to vote Yes rather than incur the possibility of paying such punitive damages to Hearts and Partick.

Available in the Fiction section on Kindle shortly... ;)

Clerry Jambo

This is all sounding wonderful but the corrupt SPFL must have something in their locker. 

I’m beginning to say take 8 mill or whatever and feck the so called big boys . Let’s rebuild and come back up strong and raring to go.

But do this mob really want legal proceedings, I’m not sure

Just now, redjambo said:

OK, here's a shower thought I had from last night. Real conspiracy theory stuff, so my apologies. :D Reconstruction lost the vote anyway, but the vote result was announced incorrectly in the knowledge that Hearts were most likely going to launch legal action. The idea is that then it is going to be revealed that the vote results were erroneous, the SPFL will put their hands up to a counting error mistake, and will offer to hold a proper vote, knowing that this time clubs will be falling over themselves to vote Yes rather than incur the possibility of paying such punitive damages to Hearts and Partick.

Knowing the SPFL probably right on the button :rofl:

3 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

There seems to be 16 that voted for and according to a post on here, 14 I think that voted against. That only adds up to 30 so how did the other 12 vote (or not vote?) 

Yes, that would suggest more in favour than against so why wouldn’t it be taken to an EGM? More ammo for our legal team ?

1 minute ago, chrisyboy7 said:

The club can keep my money if there is only 27 games. The clubs given me the  best days of my life.

Agreed.

But the situation is quite delicious because the SPFL warned the clubs  N&V wasn't an option because fans could legally demand refunds on season tickets.

So now we have Hearts saying to the Champ clubs :  "hey guys, y'all just voted to reduce the season by 25%  - who's paying out for the ST refunds ? Clue : it's no' us".  Superb. 

Clark Griswold
2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

😄 You need to sort yourself out with a long soak in the bath 

husref musemic
7 minutes ago, merrymac said:

So either the DUFC chairman is lying or Khre is wrong?

something not adding up again! surely they wouldn't ala Dundee disappearing vote....

My current take, which is purely my own gut feeling, is that the SPFL board will now force reconstruction by taking the decision out of the clubs' hands. They'll paint it as saving Scottish football, and portraying Partick and ourselves as the bad guys. 

Surely they don't want to gamble here? 

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Agreed.

But the situation is quite delicious because the SPFL warned the clubs  N&V wasn't an option because fans could legally demand refunds on season tickets.

So now we have Hearts saying to the Champ clubs :  "hey guys, y'all just voted to reduce the season by 25%  - who's paying out for the ST refunds ? Clue : it's no' us".  Superb. 

It would be best to actually get the refund then pay it straight to FOH lol

Just now, husref musemic said:

something not adding up again! surely they wouldn't ala Dundee disappearing vote....

Have they checked the Spam folder yet is the burning question:whistling:

husref musemic
Just now, merrymac said:

Have they checked the Spam folder yet is the burning question:whistling:

Deloitte investigating as we speak.

9 minutes ago, merrymac said:

So either the DUFC chairman is lying or Khre is wrong?

The Dunfermline statement seems to be entirely to get hearts fans back on side which is laughable.

I hope we follow through boycotting all these clubs except Caley. 

Couple of points, I've been reading the thread but unsure of two things.

Why are some thinking Celtic will be putting pressure on SPFL the most to solve it now, is there more at stake for them not starting season August 1st? Europe issue or something?

Also, and not sure anyone can answer it, but how likely is it to get an interdict for postponing the season? It feels like with the statement released there's a bit more confidence in this area than before.

Malinga the Swinga
5 minutes ago, 22games nro said:

Even if Dunfermline voted for it, they are only trying to appease the hearts support , he would have been well aware it wasn’t going to pass so thought he would try to pull the wool over our eyes.

just listen to his comments during the initial vote to end leagues early tells you where his " loyalty" lies

1DB53149-FC20-4BD2-8031-BEF34CC14C88.jpeg

To use his words, ' He is comfortable with the company he keeps'. That is what eh said when they voted to end league and expel us. **** him and **** Dunfermline. No second chances.

Just now, Mr Rabbit said:

The Dunfermline statement seems to be entirely to get hearts fans back on side which is laughable.

Agreed

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Yeah . I meant it to be rhetorical, but I agree.

I think we'll hear no more from clubs about Hearts "taking their punishment."

But maybe plenty from us about them taking theirs :) Or not, as we've got more class

Captain Canada
7 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

😎

Given what Donald Findlay said the other day about he thought he was voting on 14-14-14 I'm going with the wild theory that some lower league clubs were sent different information about what they were voting for or against. 

And as a result, they weren't counted? 

Edited by Captain Canada

Just now, husref musemic said:

Deloitte investigating as we speak.

Deloitte Result- Nothing to see here.

Dungaster - Invoice to Celtic as usual chaps (nudge nudge)

GMEdinburgh
44 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

That’s another matter because it’s the SFA that have let those two clubs down, not the SPFL. If we are successful would imagine JA will  support their legal action. 

The SFA are in charge of the playoffs but the SFPL have refused to put Club 42 or Brechin forward making the play off between Kelty and Brora null and void which again can't see anywhere this has been agreed by all the associations involved. 

I've just flicked over to a film about two Londoners called Ronnie and Reg.  Have to say they're fairly persuasive.  A visit to Doncaster from them would certainly have sharpened his sense of justice.

1 minute ago, chrisyboy7 said:

Theres not enough popcorn in the world for all this lol...

Top up of Nachos definetely required

16 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Refunds on STs as we only play 27 games  in total (so not 18 home games)

Loss of income from 4 games (14 max instead of 18 )

Reduced match day income

Reduced hospitality income

Is it not the case that our season tickets are a guarantee for 18 home games, no matter when they get played?

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

But maybe plenty from us about them taking theirs :) Or not, as we've got more class

Well , a man can dream and it still is a dream at this stage : it is  going to be very difficult to win.

But having the cash (and Partick with us) allows judicial review of what the scummy "members association" has been doing , it has got it right up the Glasgow media. 

Whether we win this or not, everyone now knows , if you **** Hearts around there ARE going to be consequences. 

4 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

This is exactly what it is. The realisation that 4,000 Hearts fans won't be filling their shitehole is hitting.  They made their beds in the first vote...now take your medicine.

4 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

Given what Donald Findlay said the other day about he thought he was voting on 14-14-14 I'm going with the wild theory that some lower league clubs were sent different information about what they were voting for or against. 

You actually wouldn't put it past them 

Just now, Musemic said:

Is it not the case that our season tickets are a guarantee for 18 home games, no matter when they get played?

Correct

4 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

Who was it Doncaster said they didnt have to vote as it wouldn't pass again in the 1st vote on league?

Independence
3 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

Theres not enough popcorn in the world for all this lol...

I am 63 and followed Hearts all my life...and will continue to till I die......however, all this and the wonderful Romanov years show me just how boring my early years support ing the JT's were!

6 minutes ago, GMEdinburgh said:

The SFA are in charge of the playoffs but the SFPL have refused to put Club 42 or Brechin forward making the play off between Kelty and Brora null and void which again can't see anywhere this has been agreed by all the associations involved. 

Daryl Broadfoot suggested today this is in the remit of the SPFL to do and forego the play off and nothing SFA can do about it.

Which I found odd.

@David McCaig have you noted the area of the SPFL articles that suggests what the contractual position is?

Edited by DETTY29

22games nro

I fancy a wee friendly with Amiens when all this COVID stuff is finished 

Description

Amiens is a city in northern France, divided by the Somme river. It’s known for the Gothic Amiens Cathedral and nearby medieval belfry. Shops and cafes line the Quartier St.-Leu’s narrow streets. Floating market gardens (“hortillonnages”) dot the city’s canals.

F7D90554-0EEF-46E9-9435-B7459ACE92DF.jpeg

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

Well , a man can dream and it still is a dream at this stage : it is  going to be very difficult to win.

But having the cash (and Partick with us) allows judicial review of what the scummy "members association" has been doing , it has got it right up the Glasgow media. 

Whether we win this or not, everyone now knows , if you **** Hearts around there ARE going to be consequences. 

I don't think it will go to compensation. I think we made it a huge amount so they couldn't offer something our of court and as a bit of a wake-up call for the clubs. They'll surely find a way to get reconstruction down now. Although I didn't think the SPFL would let it get this far so who knows.

1 minute ago, Musemic said:

True. Amounts to same thing though. If we’re guaranteed 18 games in ticket and there is 13 home games we’ll lose out on the income from whenever the remaining 5 games are honoured.  

55 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Yeah but financial expert Tam McManus expects it to be sorted out of court (why's he even given a platform) who's paying ya trumpet??

To be fair, that would be the sensible and most likely outcome in my opinion, then again, I'm crediting Doncaster with doing something sensible for once.  If the SPFL allow it to proceed to court then they run the risk of an interdict being granted, delaying the start of the season, as well as financial compensation being paid which will impact all member clubs and almost certainly cost Doncaster his job.

Seeing as we've already seen that a vote cast can be withdrawn and changed (let's call it 'doing a Dundee') then perhaps Doncaster will be ringing around the clubs that voted against reconstruction to see if they want to recast their vote while explaining the potential financial implications if they don't.  As we already know that these clubs voted in their own best interest, then I'm sure he'll manage to convince enough to change their vote when they realise that the potential loss from sticking to their guns far outweighs the perceived gains.

It sounds like a lot of clubs have thought we were bluffing. To say this whole thing has been badly thought out is an understatement.

If the SPFL looked to finish the games in premiership and the championship they would be due no compensation to BT or the BBC whilst surely being able to still give sky the games they’re due.

Their legal argument seems to be based all around the fact it was a members vote. However the initial proposal of which was rushed through and restricted to one option seems to be negligent.

Captain Canada
2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Who was it Doncaster said they didnt have to vote as it wouldn't pass again in the 1st vote on league?

Aberdeen wasnt it? 

Seaside jambo

Finding it hard to keep up on this thread so please forgive if this has been mentioned. 
How much do you think Ann /Hearts would settle for ? I know 8mill has been mentioned , but they are going to try n barter a bit in court if we end up there 

so 4-5mill or should we hold out for the lot ? 

Fozzyonthefence
24 minutes ago, RobNox said:

I was about to post the same then noticed you'd beaten me to the punch.  It's actually in Celtic's best interest for this to be settled quickly in our favour.  Their worst case is that it goes to court and drags on and in the meantime we have managed to obtain an interdict, which then impacts their ECL participation.  I'm sure Mr Lawell will be making Doncaster fully aware of the consequences for him if this turns out to be the case.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Lawwell tries to get UEFA / FIFA involved. 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )