SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Just now, Captain Sausage said:

Can someone clear up something from that statement...

Is it:

1) try for reinstatement

2) try for satisfactory compensation and accept relegation

3) apply for interdict

or:

1) try for reinstatement 

2) apply for interdict and sort satisfactory compensation?

I think the interdict will be applied for should the SPFL lawyers try to stall as they think that if the league kicks off without Hearts in it, it will weaken our case. But the expedited 7 day turn around suggests that the court agree that there is a matter of urgency so will hopefully take a dim view of such tactics and grant the interdict to push the SPFL into action. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

10 minutes ago, Anything2 said:

For me it's all game theory from here on in. The SPFL would be stupid to contest this in court unless they are at least 90% sure that they will win and even then it's a gamble. Hearts and Partick have a free hit as the costs are covered by someone else, so nothing to lose and all to win. SPFL get nothing if they win, and lose anything up to £10m if they don't. The reputational damage alone will devalue any future sponsorship deals. Imagine being in charge of a business and knowing that the next letter you write is a game of roulette and if you lose the business could fold, or you could agree to the demands of the company suing you which will cost you a fraction of the cost of losing. You don't take the risk and make sure you survive to fight another day. 

Would Spfl get costs if they won?  

As you say who wants to sponsor this farce, a dysfunctional organisation with no leadsrship , happy to go to court (maybe) against a member during a pandemic?  Great PR. 

Edited by Riccarton3

22 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Spfl statement; “Our solicitors have this evening received a petition from Heart of Midlothian PLC and The Partick Thistle Football Club Limited. We are studying this carefully, along with our CELTIC legal advisers, and it is not therefore appropriate to comment further at this time.”

FTFY

Captain Sausage
1 minute ago, Anything2 said:

I think the interdict will be applied for should the SPFL lawyers try to stall as they think that if the league kicks off without Hearts in it, it will weaken our case. But the expedited 7 day turn around suggests that the court agree that there is a matter of urgency so will hopefully take a dim view of such tactics and grant the interdict to push the SPFL into action. 

Ah I’m with you. So the interdict is related to the 7 day timeframe (or pending any other shite from the SPFL) as opposed to the aims of our legal petition. 

8 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

So the SPFL board pushed through ending the season with two days notice before the vote. Told the clubs this is the only way to ensure the clubs get their money. Withheld from the clubs that their were £10m liabilities for ending season early (since negotiated down to £4m.) And currently Hearts are seen as the bad guys? 

Not quite Jambo Dungy gave sky another 6 million quid worth of matches as well as the 300k per year

6 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Is it:

1) try for reinstatement

3) apply for interdict

or:

1) try for reinstatement 

I see it as 

1) try for reinstatement

2) apply for interdict

3) try for satisfactory compensation 

The interdict may put us and Partick in a better position money wise a couple of more million for our trouble. 

6 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Would Spfl get costs if they won?  

As you say who wants to sponsor this farce, a dysfunctional organisation with no leadsrship , happy to go to court (maybe) against a member during a pandemic?  Great PR. 

If they do it should only cover the legal costs which they don't have to pay if they go for reconstruction before court. And the benefactors have underwritten it anyway I think so no cost to us. 

Edited by Anything2

5 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Ah I’m with you. So the interdict is related to the 7 day timeframe (or pending any other shite from the SPFL) as opposed to the aims of our legal petition. 

Not tied specifically to the 7 days, they could apply later but haven't as of now as they want to be seen as open to reasonable discussion but should they feel that the SPFL are delaying they will apply for it. 

Edited by Anything2

26 minutes ago, kila said:

Seeing as you've mentioned poker. We're looking for some new members this week :whistling:

Count me in guys. Where do you play/meet? 

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think in that case, I think reconstruction will follow pretty sharpish - probably just focused around making 1 or 2 leagues of whoever says they can play.

Which would be ironic of course given it seems at least 2 of them voted against reconstruction!

To be honest the 13/10/10/9 suggestion is probably the most sensible. Virtually no pain for anyone.  Bottom 19 clubs probably only going to be playing from January in any case so they could fit in 18 and 16 games quite easily as well as the Scottish cup and probably the challenge cup as well 

Scnorthedinburgh
1 hour ago, Jambo66 said:

Mate, the moral high ground is with Ann Budge 😎😎😎

We are all Budge.

Good start from Hearts. Donkey is an arrogant ***** though so I don't expect him to capitulate straight away.

Probably a lot more pavement dancing to be done and the Donkey will be looking for a face saver

2 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Big numbers.

Imagine if the court say that they can't overturn the demotion, but then award compensation of those figures. The SPFL would be begging them to change their mind and force them to reconstruct. 

10 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Is it:

1) try for reinstatement

3) apply for interdict

or:

1) try for reinstatement 

Just my take, but I think the second scenario.

The first option is to get the SPFL to reinstate us.

If they won’t do that, we seek an interdict to prevent the SPL starting without us, until this is resolved in court.

If the interdict isn’t granted and the SPL kicks off, then we go for financial compensation.

If the interdict is granted, then either the SPFL caves and has to do some deal with the clubs to allow reinstatement or 14-10-10-10, or the season is held up until there is a court ruling.

If the court then rules our demotion was legal, then we seek compensation again.

Midloth_Iain
6 minutes ago, RENE said:

That headline is a lie.  We are not claiming compensation...yet

better get used to that in the coming days 😉

Bazzas right boot
31 minutes ago, kila said:

Seeing as you've mentioned poker. We're looking for some new members this week :whistling:

He he, cheers. 

I've pretty much stopped all betting / gambling but I will check it out. 

Lockdown has seen me paint and go back to online gaming!

Yeah but financial expert Tam McManus expects it to be sorted out of court (why's he even given a platform) who's paying ya trumpet??

Haringshairband
35 minutes ago, Shanks said:

The seethe we are causing is marvellous 

Any bitter opposition fans looking in get it right ****ing up you.

Agreed. Just had a look on P&B fans of all teams are raging. Get it right roond them.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, graygo said:

Some folk have medical reasons for being obese. It doesn't always equate to being a greedy barsteward.

Just saying 

Some do. 

Some are just smelly, lazy fat messes tho. 

Seymour M Hersh
16 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

That's the Hibs way though isn't it!

Concentrate solely on us while the green and white shite goes doon the pan. 

Oh I so hope it does. 

Angry Haggis
35 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Spfl statement; “Our solicitors have this evening received a petition from Heart of Midlothian PLC and The Partick Thistle Football Club Limited. We are studying this carefully, along with our legal advisers, and it is not therefore appropriate to comment further at this time.”

Glad it never got caught in their email Junk filter 🤷‍♂️

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

To be honest the 13/10/10/9 suggestion is probably the most sensible. Virtually no pain for anyone.  Bottom 19 clubs probably only going to be playing from January in any case so they could fit in 18 and 16 games quite easily as well as the Scottish cup and probably the challenge cup as well 

Not fair on Kelty and Brora though. 

Just now, Haringshairband said:

Agreed. Just had a look on P&B fans of all teams are raging. Get it right roond them.

So they should be. Unfortunately, they appear to be targeting the wrong people.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Haringshairband said:

It's not like they've had 3 months to prepare for this moment or anything.

Edited by ToqueJambo

29 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

This is the part I like best.  It takes Celtic out of the equation ... there is no consequence to Celtic of a Hearts court victory.

Other than them picking up 13.5% of the compensation tab?  They have more to lose financially than anyone else if we get compensation. They lose virtually nothing if we are reinstated. 

4 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

Good start from Hearts. Donkey is an arrogant ***** though so I don't expect him to capitulate straight away.

Probably a lot more pavement dancing to be done and the Donkey will be looking for a face saver

He's gone. I mean, not literally but he sees no conflict in this. It has moved beyond  anything to do with Scottish football or the damage caused. 

5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Really good point about the lower leagues - their season is going to be really truncated anyway, so having fewer clubs less of an issue.

This setup should be acceptable to everyone, but there’s no appetite for it right now because there is little benefit to anyone not directly affected. If there is a real prospect of the league being delayed, that might change very rapidly.

52 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Obviously never heard of....The Fist of Gorgie!

Dinnae mention the fist of Gorgie or Johnno will be along to regale us with what the fist of Gorgie will be doing to the sphincters of the SPFL board members:laugh2:

29 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Problem is it won't be "paid" by clubs. The SPFL will pay it and what is left will be the seasons prize pot to be paid using the usual matrix.

I guess we, PT and perhaps the yes voters could say they would have won £x had they finished in 6th or whatever, but because of the compensation payment, only received £y. Not sure it would hold weight though.

I guess the point I'm making, though, is the clubs individually won't have a chance to withhold payment.

You just said the clubs pay it out of their prizemoney pot? 

Thought Police
1 minute ago, carnockjambo said:

Pars release a statement to say they voted for reconstruction. 

Differs from what has been reported.

They’ll be after the away support. 

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Just my take, but I think the second scenario.

The first option is to get the SPFL to reinstate us.

If they won’t do that, we seek an interdict to prevent the SPL starting without us, until this is resolved in court.

If the interdict isn’t granted and the SPL kicks off, then we go for financial compensation.

If the interdict is granted, then either the SPFL caves and has to do some deal with the clubs to allow reinstatement or 14-10-10-10, or the season is held up until there is a court ruling.

If the court then rules our demotion was legal, then we seek compensation again.

The thing about compensation is if we go ahead (with Thistle and you'd think Stranraer would be added), and especially if we win something, that could open the doors for multiple compensation claims from the likes of Kelty, Brora, Falkirk...

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Anything2 said:

Imagine if the court say that they can't overturn the demotion, but then award compensation of those figures. The SPFL would be begging them to change their mind and force them to reconstruct. 

I just hope that if it Comes to that the compensation ONLY comes from the cubs that voted no. 

If we do win compensation, the fall out will make all this look like a teddy bears picnic. The fighting between all members will be glorious. 

Scottish football, shambles only game where the of field  shite, whether it be bigotry, clubs collapsing or this is actually more exciting than the actual product. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Other than them picking up 13.5% of the compensation tab?  They have more to lose financially than anyone else if we get compensation. They lose virtually nothing if we are reinstated. 

It's still peanuts to them in the grand scheme of things.

Just now, carnockjambo said:

Interesting timing!

i still don’t buy this “16 in favour” by the way. Sooner or later the truth will be exposed.

Just now, soonbe110 said:

You just said the clubs pay it out of their prizemoney pot? 

It comes out of the pot, and what's left is the new pot. That is then divvied up in prize money dependant on league finishes.

Maybe I'm explaining it shitely!

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Not fair on Kelty and Brora though. 

They still have a completely separate action should they wish. The SPFL is in clear breach of contract over the abolition of the playoffs. To abandon them requires the agreement of the SPFL, the SFA, the Lowland League and the Highland League. I have not seen it suggested anywhere that such agreement was sought or obtained.

Any of the other 3 parties could go to court and seek specific implement of the contract.

I suspect the reason nothing is happening there at the moment is that there isn't going to be a League Two, so why raise any sort of action just now.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, carnockjambo said:

😂 And so begins the inter-club bun fight over who should pay any compensation.

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Right.  That's what I meant, and reinstatement is our preferred outcome. :thumb:

3 minutes ago, carnockjambo said:

Maybe they did but they voted for relegation on good Friday. Lest we forget.

1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

I have a list of who voted against if anyone wants to see it PM me.

Does it confirm that 26 definitively “voted against”?

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

I have a list of who voted against if anyone wants to see it PM me.

Why not just tell us?

All these teams saying they voted for reconstruction.Makes you wonder how it never got passed through.

Edited by benny

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )