SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

2 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

No we wouldn’t have.

You can say what you like about Ann Budge, but she’s not a liar. She said she would have voted against relegation for any team.

She said she was going to appoint a sporting director before she appointed a manager. 

Ann Budge has said a lot of things. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Says Hearts deserved to be relegated. Cosgrove saying Hearts were relegated by the SPFL vote and must stop using "ridiculous" words like demoted. 

Gordon is a crawler cant praise septic enough why not come out and say they buy the league,how much does it cost them a point

cosgrove is paranoid about Hearts he is a smutty little backstabbing ratbag.

Just now, Cruyff said:

I'm making stuff up? 

Then say, 

I hate Ann Budge? 

Very good. I don't at all but she has made an absolute mess of Hearts and needs to go. 

Should she take her benefactor pals with her?

What about her 10’s of millions in the bank that we might need access to? Should that gtf anaw?

Have a ****in think about things before posting shite, eh.

SectionDJambo
Just now, Cruyff said:

She said she was going to appoint a sporting director before she appointed a manager. 

Ann Budge has said a lot of things. 

That’s entirely different and you know it.

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

When is this Celtic ****fest going to be over

Davie Hay saying none of the current 9 in a row players would get into Jock Stein's sides was worth it. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Just now, Whatever said:

What about her 10’s of millions in the bank that we might need access to? Should that gtf anaw?

If she hadn't pissed money away through epic mismanagement of the first team, the stand etc... We'd be financially better off. 

Have a think about that. 

Just now, Cruyff said:

If she hadn't pissed money away through epic mismanagement of the first team, the stand etc... We'd be financially better off. 

Have a think about that. 

Balanced you say? Ok, whatever.

12 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

No. Ann Budge was incharge. The buck stops with her.  

If we were 11th, we'd have voted the same way that St Mirren did and we wouldn't be having this conversation. 

Ah, so you're a Levein fanboy. I knew there was something behind the way you were posting. That explains everything. :D

Horatio Caine

Wish the Celtic wankfest would finish.  Some posters on here amusing themselves by having a pointless argument.  Gonna shut up guys?  No one is going to concede, so call it quits.

these vicious little clubs like St Johnstone St Mirren and Dunfermline should remember that Hearts and Rangers don't need them financially in fact they need us for our away support that keeps them in business. I have never been one for boycotts but our fans need to give these clubs, that have sold us down the river, a message they need for harming our club.

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Have a think about that. 

I’m in the boat that it’s probably not the right time for her to go. As soon as the legal stuff is done and it’s decided which league we are in she needs to go ASAP. As you say she’s made an absolute arse of things and those talking her up should bear that in mind. It’s her own mess she’s attempting to clean up. 

Foundation of Hearts are going to clarify the numbers later after what Brian McLaughlin said ("600 new pledgers"). 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Have a think about that. 

What would your business plan consisted of?

Just now, redjambo said:

Ah, so you're a Levein fanboy. I knew there was something behind the way you were posting. That explains everything. :D

Do you ever get sick of deflecting and firefighting on here? 

David McCaig
5 minutes ago, normando said:

Gordon is a crawler cant praise septic enough why not come out and say they buy the league,how much does it cost them a point

cosgrove is paranoid about Hearts he is a smutty little backstabbing ratbag.

Sportsound really is a painful listen.

Horatio Caine
Just now, David McCaig said:

JKB is painful atm also with pettiness over AB's role.

SectionDJambo
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Davie Hay saying non the current 9 in a row players would get into Jock Stein's sides was worth it. 

He’s probably right. 
In this 9 in a row, Rangers were at the weakest in their history, and weren’t in the same division for 3 seasons.

Back in the 60s, when Celtic started off their last record, Scottish teams regularly were decent in European competition. The standard required to achieve 9 in a row then, was much higher, clearly indicated by Celtic also winning the European cup. The current Celtic team call qualifying for the group stages, of the current format, a success.

I had to laugh when I read that somebody had told James Forrest he was as good as Jimmy Johnstone. 

6 minutes ago, Whatever said:

👍

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Davie Hay saying none of the current 9 in a row players would get into Jock Stein's sides was worth it. 

well that obvious. I think as much as Celtic fans are desperate for this 9 in a row, it does not feel like an achievement. There has not really been a team that has pushed them due to the massive gulf in money from them and anyone else. If you are being brutally honest then 9 in a row is what should be expected of Celtic, because if it didn't happen there would be a serious issue with Celtic. 

Its funny, I live in the East side of Glasgow, and after Monday there has been some graffiti gone up in the local area, mainly 9 in a row (with a few messages to Rangers.) It does feel like Celtic fans are trying to force this through as something important but no one (apart from the media) actually cares.

Just now, SectionDJambo said:

He’s probably right. 
In this 9 in a row, Rangers were at the weakest in their history, and weren’t in the same division for 3 seasons.

Back in the 60s, when Celtic started off their last record, Scottish teams regularly were decent in European competition. The standard required to achieve 9 in a row then, was much higher, clearly indicated by Celtic also winning the European cup. The current Celtic team call qualifying for the group stages, of the current format, a success.

I had to laugh when I read that somebody had told James Forrest he was as good as Jimmy Johnstone. 

That was a great Rangers side especially in the late 60s. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

these vicious little clubs like St Johnstone St Mirren and Dunfermline should remember that Hearts and Rangers don't need them financially in fact they need us for our away support that keeps them in business. I have never been one for boycotts but our fans need to give these clubs, that have sold us down the river, a message they need for harming our club.

Same Mitch. Boycott or petitions,  hate them,  even as a Labour voter back in the day, strikes.

Never found them to be helpful. 

But now I have no desire to go to any other team again and fund them. 

Except ICT

6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

:rofl:Delusional. Of course she would have. If she didn't it would merely confirm that she is soft as shit and not competent to run a football club. 

So, what you are saying is that all those other club CEO's/Chairmen who voted to expel us were competent to run their football clubs, and that if anyone had voted to support us then they would have been "soft as shit". Nice.

Are you actually supporting Hearts through this crisis? Because from where I'm looking, if you were a trolling interloper you couldn't be doing a better job at having a go at us.

Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

well that obvious. I think as much as Celtic fans are desperate for this 9 in a row, it does not feel like an achievement. There has not really been a team that has pushed them due to the massive gulf in money from them and anyone else. If you are being brutally honest then 9 in a row is what should be expected of Celtic, because if it didn't happen there would be a serious issue with Celtic. 

Its funny, I live in the East side of Glasgow, and after Monday there has been some graffiti gone up in the local area, mainly 9 in a row (with a few messages to Rangers.) It does feel like Celtic fans are trying to force this through as something important but no one (apart from the media) actually cares.

Yep. 

Just now, Sir Gio said:

What would your business plan consisted of?

Two secs, i'll just put together a business plan. :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

I’m in the boat that it’s probably not the right time for her to go. As soon as the legal stuff is done and it’s decided which league we are in she needs to go ASAP. As you say she’s made an absolute arse of things and those talking her up should bear that in mind. It’s her own mess she’s attempting to clean up. 

Yep. That's more fair and balanced than my fire and brimstone approach. :laugh:

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, jonnothejambo said:

40 minutes in and Gordon is on the vinegar strokes for the tenth time since 2pm.

He is nothing more than a cumbucket for Bonnar and his Celtic chums. Don't honestly know why you and others put yourselves through the misery of listening to them. Was hoping to hear Tom English's take on what is happening to league, but I will catch up through comments on here as the wife has told me to stop swearing at radio already.

Looks like 'Son of Paleface' for me this afternoon.

11 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Have a think about that. 

I’m beginning to think spending 17k on a new car in February wasn’t the most sensible purchase of my life but we are where we are.

Covid 19 will cost us way more than her allowing Levein to sign 20 players every year.

You appear to be toiling with the scale of this so I’ll spell it out...

We need all the financial aid we can get our hands on. Clubs will die. We stand a better chance of surviving if Ann Budge remains at the club and her pals continue to throw money at the club.

She’s made an arse of a lot of things. Despite this we need her more than we ever have since she was named preferred bidder.

If you can’t separate her previous running of the club to where we are now there’s little ****in point in debating with you further.

Edited by Whatever

Just now, redjambo said:

So, what you are saying is that all those other club CEO's/Chairmen who voted to expel us were competent to run their football clubs, and that if anyone had voted to support us then they would have been "soft as shit". Nice.

Are you actually supporting Hearts through this crisis? Because from where I'm looking, if you were a trolling interloper you couldn't be doing a better job at having a go at us.

It's clear as Ann Budge said from her experience on the SPFL Board that self interest drives everything. 

Why we have to use the threat of legal action. And fight to play the games. 

1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

I switched it off as soon as it became apparent they were going to celebrate Celtic's tainted 8.79 in a row with Packy Bonnar leading the way.

There are far more important matters surrounding Scottish football at the moment outwith the lovefest with Celtic to discuss for a National radio station.

norrie1952

Sad times indeed when I'm reduced to listening to this.oh Gordon has said we will wind up talking about Celtic. Aye right.

SectionDJambo
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I would think she’ll want to get out as soon as she knows what follows is financially secure. Nobody in their right mind wants to run any football club for very long. Too many experts who know better but are confident they’ll never get the chance to prove their unique knowledge of how to do it.

How many  times is Dick Gordon going to say "just one final thought then " ? 

Edited by ramrod

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, SectionDJambo said:

He’s probably right. 

That run starting in 66 was Celtic first title in 28 years. I think 9 teams won it in the interim. 

Only discovered that last week. 

From 1904 to 1938 only Motherwell broke OF dominance once in 1930 I think. 

Shows, that Scottish football might be better off,  competitive wise, for being skint, as post WWII

BelgeJambo
21 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Who knows why Brian McLaughlin said 600. 

Hearts feeding the troll maybe 😃

Any other league in the world would be embarrassed about 8.79 in a row not celebrating it.

pisspot league full of small minded (untz.

Edited by cheetah

hibsarepants
12 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I'm making stuff up? 

Then say, 

I hate Ann Budge? 

Very good. I don't at all but she has made an absolute mess of Hearts and needs to go. 

Agreed she needs to go but not yet. We need her money whilst current Covid 19 matters play out.  You don't have to be a rocket scientist to work out that currently she is our major benefactor.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Not as painful as rubbing yer helmet with a Brillo pad.

Apparently.

:oohmatron:

:rofl:

I would think she’ll want to get out as soon as she knows what follows is financially secure. Nobody in their right mind wants to run any football club for very long. Too many experts who know better but are confident they’ll never get the chance to prove their unique knowledge of how to do it.

If by experts you mean fans then aye 😀. I think you’re right though, she’ll probably leave when she’s got us to as good a position as she can. I’ve been very critical of her but credit is due if that’s her plan. 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's clear as Ann Budge said from her experience on the SPFL Board that self interest drives everything. 

Why we have to use the threat of legal action. And fight to play the games. 

You won't find me arguing with that, Mikey. It really is dog eat dog in Scottish football, and that's a large part of why it's in such a mess. More's the pity.

Ian Maxwell SFA now. 

10 June is starting point as per Scottish Government just now. Training could start. 

Start playing 6 weeks later so looking at August. 

Leagues format up to SPFL. 

Edited by Mikey1874

SectionDJambo
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

If by experts you mean fans then aye 😀. I think you’re right though, she’ll probably leave when she’s got us to as good a position as she can. I’ve been very critical of her but credit is due if that’s her plan. 

She’s on record as saying she doesn’t want to leave Hearts with debt for the new regime to have as a starting handicap.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Two secs, i'll just put together a business plan. :rolleyes:

Yep. That's more fair and balanced than my fire and brimstone approach. :laugh:

So your not an expert. 

Thanks for clarity 

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

:rofl:Delusional. Of course she would have. If she didn't it would merely confirm that she is soft as shit and not competent to run a football club. 

Tbh, one of the criticisms on here is that she's not ruthless enough. 

Her strengths imo are that she is balanced, fair and looks long term. Maybe not great in the football world but given if you agree  With that, she might have voted the same and tbh she said as much, unless you are calling her a liar. 

ICT voted in such a way for the same reasons of it being unfair to relegate teams. 

She’s on record as saying she doesn’t want to leave Hearts with debt for the new regime to have as a starting handicap.

Yep. Remember her saying it a couple of times. Made perfect sense when connecting it to wage reductions rather than deferrals. 

Riccarton3
7 minutes ago, 2205ian said:

I switched it off as soon as it became apparent they were going to celebrate Celtic's tainted 8.79 in a row with Packy Bonnar leading the way.

There are far more important matters surrounding Scottish football at the moment outwith the lovefest with Celtic to discuss for a National radio station.

Pumped out of Europe, though, by, erm, Copenhagen. Probably the most telling resu!t of their season if anyone is being honest

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Any other league in the world would be embarrassed about 8.79 in a row not celebrating it.

pisspot league full of small minded (untz.

especially considering this is the third time its happened in just over 50 years. In fact 26.79 seasons of last 54.79 were seasons which were part of a 9 in a row run. Thats almost 50%. Hardly shows that its difficult, worth celebrating or that Scottish football is in a healthy position.

Just now, jonnothejambo said:

God help us if this fud has the responsibility of getting football going again. 

An utter fartpiece.

Like there are 2 parallel universes. 

'Project Restart' suggesting everything is on track. Clubs saying its a disaster. 

We can get back to mess created by ourselves later on. Currently people all over the place saying this to try and justify our early demotion.

I am getting really fed up of it to be honest. We the hearts fans are under no illusion of how we find ourselves here but that does not take away from the injustice of these acts.

I am at the stage were we take a step back and just see how it pans out in court.

I am confident Hearts fans will rally behind the club no matter what goes on we will come out the other side stronger. 

Let’s sit back and watch the others implode.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )