SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Ethan Hunt
2 hours ago, Paint the town maroon said:

Its not unlawful. Please. The clubs voted for it. It’s a members organisation.

Still at it I see, despite QC legal opinion to the contrary.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Randy Marsh
8 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

That ***** has spent too long sharing an office with that Aidan guy. Probably thinks green socks are quicker than maroon too.

Absolutely bizzare article.  So Hearts have only ever played outside the top flight in 5 seasons in our entire history.  Yet this weirdo is trying to claim we are a yoyo club.  Oddball. 

Cosgrove saying we have been awful all season so deserve to go down.

Weren't St Johnstone bottom for more games than us this year? Doesn't that mean they deserve do go down more than us then?

SectionDJambo
2 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Jack Ross and Beaton 😕 think I'll listen till 2.30 then just watch the Bundesliga 

Yep

If the plan was for hardly any Hearts fans listening in, then they’ve cracked it.

jamboinglasgow
11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Someone mentioned it already. 

You have to laugh at Cosgrove praising Dundee United and having Shankland when they can't afford him. 

Spending more than Gretna or Livingston ever did. 

So he is claiming we are spending outwith our means, despite we have been posting a profit every season for the last few seasons. Sums up him as a pundit then, more interested trying to say things that suits his narrative than what the reality is.

Also anyone getting fed up with the strawman that some use "reconstruction would not happen this if it was Hamilton bottom." It might or might not be the case but no one would know until Hamilton are in this position. They are making a reason for not backing something based on something that could never be proved.

58 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Did I just read "Ann might be playing a blinder"

:facepalm: 

It's her ****ing fault ffs! Wake up. 

Auld bat blamed for coronavirus crisis in Scottish Football shocker.

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, martoon said:

A club few would miss. 

Even in Perth. 

Absolutely, I wonder what his excuse will be when they hopefully go under 🙏🤞🤔?

Jean Louis Valois
6 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Jack Ross and Beaton 😕 think I'll listen till 2.30 then just watch the Bundesliga 

The media love in with Hibs continues 

3 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

So he is claiming we are spending outwith our means, despite we have been posting a profit every season for the last few seasons. Sums up him as a pundit then, more interested trying to say things that suits his narrative than what the reality is.

Also anyone getting fed up with the strawman that some use "reconstruction would not happen this if it was Hamilton bottom." It might or might not be the case but no one would know until Hamilton are in this position. They are making a reason for not backing something based on something that could never be proved.

He never mentioned it today. But hypocrite bumming up United.

Byyy The Light
1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Yes. By not voting for reconstruction they would be signing their own clubs death warrant.

It’s pretty clear what should have happened here. A resolution to call the league with promotion but no relegation. Reconstruct the leagues. Batten down the hatches and have 42 clubs (although more likely 44 to include Kelty Hearts and Brora) pulling all their time, effort, resources, and innovation into helping the whole of Scottish football survive this.  Survival was key. Regaining strength thereafter would take time, but survival is critical. That is ultimately what the function of the SPFL is, to have a duty of care for all members and protect their interests.

Instead of the above we ended up with a divisive, flawed, and incompetent resolution which put 44 clubs at each other’s throats, promoted an I’m alright Jack mentality, and will ultimately lead to the demise of a number of clubs and Scottish football as we know it.  

The SPFL board should never survive this. There are individuals on that board who have consciously made decisions that will result in Scotland forever losing clubs, history, jobs, and community fabric. They are a fecking disgrace and should be dragged by the bollocks through the courts.

Great post

Jamboelite
1 hour ago, gashauskis9 said:

Apologies if I'm being thick again, but let's assume we take the SPFL clubs to court for failing in their duty of care towards us and we win, which leads to clubs going bust through the cost on them to pay up towards our compo.  Could those clubs technically put a counter claim in on us for forcing them out of business?

Thats not how it works.

You dont take someone to court and win and as a result the compensation you are entitled puts their business under and they then they take you to court because their business went under.

That would be a bit bizarre.

Sportsound starting. Will discuss Hearts. 

The finance expert as said. 

Maxwell of SFA. 

Congratulating Celtic. 

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
11 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

If that's any sort of possibility, it also massively strengthens the case for league reconstruction or our case for compensation. Needlessly relegating teams into leagues that can't even play... the SPFL won't have a leg to stand on.

Exactly. The sheer gravity of the whole voting process is now coming to light.

Hearts have a very good case and it is only getting stronger so the pantwetters should go have a look at scots case law history before spouting their mouth off.

Edited by Rudi5kaceldream1ng
**** the spfl

16 minutes ago, skinnybob72 said:

The sort of guy who uses 4 words he thinks that nobody understands when a single word would suffice. 

Fixed that for you.

4 hours ago, jambopilms said:

With the French courts throwing it out, I can't see how we have any chance of winning anything.

Not even an acknowledgement that you were dribbling yet more dung, na?

Of course no, you’ll just continue as you always have.

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

He never mentioned it today. But hypocrite bumming up United.

Ok, I take back what I said then.

SectionDJambo
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Absolutely, I wonder what his excuse will be when they hopefully go under 🙏🤞🤔?

Cosgrove can’t really be that thick, can he? The whole point being made by Hearts, and a few others, is that nobody should go down under these circumstances. Not us, Partick Thistle or Stranraer. Collective attention to be on all clubs survival, rather than trying to permanently damage a few, just for the hell of it.

You would think that would resonate with his attempts to be a bastion of fair play and looking out for the common man. He’s surely not a hypocrite by being selective in his mantra?

Petty and misinformed right enough.

Tommy Brown
27 minutes ago, GMEdinburgh said:

Is it a parachute parachute or is this the final payment for the final league position, the only parachute payments I'm aware of is to Berwick Rangers and East Stirlingshire when the were relegated from League 2, this was in addition or seperate to final league placement payment

https://spfl.co.uk/pages/rules-and-regulations

Screenshot_2020-05-23-14-02-49-725_com.google.android.apps.docs.png

Ethan Hunt
2 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Brian McLaughlin gave a breakdown of what 'might' be due back to Sky and BT.

It was a scary amount for Sky because of the 2 non OF games not being televised and ran into millions.

Which is shocking as few people will subscribe to Sky Sports purely to watch Rangers v Celtic games. I’d love to see how much money Sky bring in for 24 hours pass subscriptions just to watch those games and would wager it is nothing like the value they have placed on it. The financial weighing Sky place on those games is frankly outrageous, only matched by the SPFL allowing them to do it. Yet more incompetence from Doncaster.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, SectionDJambo said:

Cosgrove can’t really be that thick, can he? The whole point being made by Hearts, and a few others, is that nobody should go down under these circumstances. Not us, Partick Thistle or Stranraer. Collective attention to be on all clubs survival, rather than trying to permanently damage a few, just for the hell of it.

You would think that would resonate with his attempts to be a bastion of fair play and looking out for the common man. He’s surely not a hypocrite by being selective in his mantra?

Petty and misinformed right enough.

His hatred of Hearts seem to show up his attempts to make himself out as a man of the people.

ToadKiller Dog

Hearts statement to bbc guy ,we ain't going bust any time ,

New pledges and benefactors  will see us through. 

Edited by ToadKiller Dog

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

His hatred of Hearts seem to show up his attempts to make himself out as a man of the people.

Truly a legend in his own lunchtime.

johnthomas
57 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Says Hearts deserved to be relegated. Cosgrove saying Hearts were relegated by the SPFL vote and must stop using "ridiculous" words like demoted. 

Gordon saying there was no vote relegating Hearts !

Yet there was a vote which did relegate us 

Refers to the mess we have been for 2 years . No argument but completely irrelevant .

Tam MacManus brought Cathro into the debate recently !

How difficult is it to see that this is about us being relegated off the field ?

2 hours ago, Shanks said:

How do we cull players that still have contracts with the club?  

I think the standard way is to tell them they have no future at the club and are free to find another club. Obviously you will get those that are happy to sit on their contracts and not be involved in first team action so there is not a lot you can do with those.

The ones who want to play might be prepared to move on to get game time.

Diadora Van Basten

In my heart of hearts, I expected Hearts to survive relegation and to reach the Scottish Cup Final, but apparently we were bottom for most of the season and cheated by signing Boyce so deserved to be relegated according to the Weedgie media and pundits. 

Just now, Walter Bishop said:

600 New pledgers!!! Incredible! Benefactors standing by the club. 

We will be fine. 

Thought it was 300 according to FOH’s latest tweet?

Whats been said about benefactors?

1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

They are facing not being able to play for at least a year.

Just Partick?

Watch this while they discuss Celtic totally deserving league title

Edited by Mikey1874

St Johnstone have just leapfrogged in front of St Mirren in my going bust list. Hibs still at the top though. 

1 minute ago, rory78 said:

Brian McGlaughlin saying basically Keith Jackson article nonsense

Does he get a prize for stating the bleeding obvious?

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

600 new FoH pledgers this week. 

3 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

600 New pledgers!!! Incredible! Benefactors standing by the club. 

We will be fine. 

ToadKiller Dog
1 minute ago, Whatever said:

Thought it was 300 according to FOH’s latest tweet?

Whats been said about benefactors?

Just that they will continue to back the club as they see it as a sound business 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hes right that Particks prediciment is worse than ours in a way as if they dont play at all next season that could be a disaster - hoping that St Johnstone soon start struggling which they will without any money coming in from attendance and over reliance on Old Firm filling their lego land stadium 

japanjambo

Will tune in later. Canny listen to the celtic love in. Hamilton v Hibs penalties coming up soon on YouTube. :cheer1:

Edited by japanjambo

1 minute ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Just that they will continue to back the club as they see it as a sound business 

Cheers.

David McCaig
1 minute ago, japanjambo said:

Will tune in later. Canny listen to the celtic love in.

I’ve just switched back to 6Music... can someone post when they move onto Hearts

26 minutes ago, redjambo said:

It's her fault that we were unfairly expelled from the league?! Get a grip.

That's the equivalent of blaming a woman who goes out for a night out in a skimpy outfit for being molested. Ok, so we were bottom of the league, and that is partly due to Ann, but that did not merit in any way whatsoever what happened to us.

You're a Hearts fan and you're victim blaming your own club?

Partly? Are you on drugs? 🤡 

Her mismanagement of the club left us spiralling downwards over the last 4 seasons in which we have failed to meet acceptable expectations, eventually to 12th place which has put us in the vulnerable position where we have been demoted. 

Yes, It's unfair and unjust but we should never have been in that position in the first place. It is entirely her mismanagement that has put us here. 

Had we played the 8 games and stayed up, she would still need to go regardless. She's absolutely ruined us. 

Her saving grace will be Championship clubs unable to play due to no gate money. 

You can deflect away from the facts all you want and lash out at everyone else for it but Ann Budge needs to go asap. 

If it’s only an 18 game Championship next season, then the lack of income - and ability to generate income - will surely see this go to court.

I’m not a bitter person, but I can see how others find it easy to take that path.

I have a desire to see other clubs fail. That’s wrong, but hey 👋 

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, rory78 said:

Brian McGlaughlin saying basically Keith Jackson article nonsense

We might have more chance of getting reconstruction if it was true but it wouldn’t sit right with me if we only got it because of a sympathy vote.  Imagine if we had to rely on playing in the Premiership because Hibs said yes.  I’d feel dirty and much rather we did this through court but I don’t know if it’s possible for a court to overturn the clubs’ decision and put us back into the Premiership as opposed to awarding us compensation.

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Bonner wheeled oot. Knob in hand.

There’s a joke in there!

21 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Auld bat blamed for coronavirus crisis in Scottish Football shocker.

Auld bat blamed epic mismanagement of football club. 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )