SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

AlimOzturk
2 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Apologies if I'm being thick again, but let's assume we take the SPFL clubs to court for failing in their duty of care towards us and we win, which leads to clubs going bust through the cost on them to pay up towards our compo.  Could those clubs technically put a counter claim in on us for forcing them out of business?

Doubt it as they have already been proven guilty. How is that them our fault?

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

2 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Apologies if I'm being thick again, but let's assume we take the SPFL clubs to court for failing in their duty of care towards us and we win, which leads to clubs going bust through the cost on them to pay up towards our compo.  Could those clubs technically put a counter claim in on us for forcing them out of business?

Claim would be against SPFL and possibly SFA for inaction of Joint Response Group. 

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Did I just read "Ann might be playing a blinder"

:facepalm: 

It's her ****ing fault ffs! Wake up. 

If she keeps us up, she has played a blinder.

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Did I just read "Ann might be playing a blinder"

:facepalm: 

It's her ****ing fault ffs! Wake up. 

Get with the programme, current predicament we are on about, it's the clubs fault we are in the mess now she is doing her best for OUR club.

gashauskis9
1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

Doubt it as they have already been proven guilty. How is that them our fault?

Not sure, hence why I asked the question.  The fact the Doncaster and co have taken off their dictator hat and now put on their member's association hat means the clubs are effectively on their own now.

14 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Yes. By not voting for reconstruction they would be signing their own clubs death warrant.

It’s pretty clear what should have happened here. A resolution to call the league with promotion but no relegation. Reconstruct the leagues. Batten down the hatches and have 42 clubs (although more likely 44 to include Kelty Hearts and Brora) pulling all their time, effort, resources, and innovation into helping the whole of Scottish football survive this.  Survival was key. Regaining strength thereafter would take time, but survival is critical. That is ultimately what the function of the SPFL is, to have a duty of care for all members and protect their interests.

Instead of the above we ended up with a divisive, flawed, and incompetent resolution which put 44 clubs at each other’s throats, promoted an I’m alright Jack mentality, and will ultimately lead to the demise of a number of clubs and Scottish football as we know it.  

The SPFL board should never survive this. There are individuals on that board who have consciously made decisions that will result in Scotland forever losing clubs, history, jobs, and community fabric. They are a fecking disgrace and should be dragged by the bollocks through the courts.

Spot on.

4 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Man Utd have a clause in their players wagers that if they don’t qualify for the champions league then their wages will be reduced by 25% and players have to sign this agreement as it’s written into their contract.

We should be asserting our own clause into future contracts and caveat them by saying that if we don’t finish at least 4th or qualify for the europa league then players salaries will reduce by 25%. Written into a players contract at least shows ambition and a harder line taken by management. Our last 3 playing squads  have woefully lacked ambition for a while and this has been the worst ever in the last 40 years! 

Hopefully we address our recruitment department when we overhaul this years squad yet again 

I'm really liking this idea. Maybe needs a bit of carrot and stick though. If a Hearts squad managed to qualify for the group stages, a bonus would be fair too. 

Standards have slipped big style as we have seen. Some sort of harder line taken by the club is so important. In relation to a high basic wage, this could have been a good stick to manage any underachievement (i.e we'll pay you £4k p/w but if you don't finish 3rd, the following season this drops to £3k p/w. 

Players either believe in themselves and the club and they sign, or they don't, in which case no loss. 

Sportsound discussing it including Championship. 

Jack Ross, John Beaton on as well. Some football finance expert. 

I find the congratulating of teams quite cringey. 'Well done to Motherwell for finishing third'.

And St Johnstone finishing top six. And Hamilton have survived again.

Lol.

Richard Gordon and Stuart Cosgrove can **** off.

No way they would be uttering this sh1te if it was their own team.

3 minutes ago, Tennant's 6's said:

God I really hate dickless gordon.

Says Hearts deserved to be relegated. Cosgrove saying Hearts were relegated by the SPFL vote and must stop using "ridiculous" words like demoted. 

Edited by Mikey1874

44 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

We might see a 16 team league after all for one season - there may be some sort of fudge that Does all it can to guarantees 4 old firm games.

The top four teams have home and away Knock out play offs to see who wins the league?

Wouldn't surprise me if after the 30 games they had a top 2 play off. 4 OF games making 6 in total. 

A poster, I forget who, recently suggested a 16 club league but with 2 extra derby fixture cards added.

It would be bizarre and strange but so is Scottish football. 

Edited by martoon

ToadKiller Dog

Cosgrove says we should stop using the word expelled as we dont own it .

He says nobody decided to boot us out .

Well yes they did that was the full idea in the resolution. 

Worthing Jambo
7 minutes ago, kila said:

Re first point - probably. But ad revenue doesn't care if the same person sees the same ad 50 times a year, especially if it is for a targeted audience.

And that person, let's say it is a Celtic fan, might not watch Hamilton v Celtic because they expect to win it or there is a more interesting fixture on in the EPL. These sort of fans only want to watch the higher profile games, and one against Hearts they'd definitely be tuning into.

I'd wager the Friday night fixtures were a good drawer, especially if there was no games on in England - Hearts v Aberdeen under the floodlights on a Friday evening, wonder what sort of draw that would get.

Scottish football keeps underselling itself and the broadcasters aren't going to throw more than they need to. All this is linked to the governance of the game of course and clowns like Neil Doncaster.

Your last point is spot on.

I always think that the tv companies should look at Scottish football as a 3 way split.

The two erse cheeks and the rest.

I would argue that “the rest” are more likely to watch the other games than uglies would.

I quite enjoyed some of the Friday night championship games on the bbc last season for example.

10 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

You need to pay more attention to the things that can positively impact the outcome for Hearts, and less time promoting negative agendas.

Exactly yet another low poster with a complete air of negativity about the club. 

2 minutes ago, Tennant's 6's said:

God I really hate dickless gordon.

Dick n’  Cosgrove ramping up the anti-Hearts agenda.  It could get much worse from the Weegia.  Rabid and relentless.

gashauskis9

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/alan-pattullo-mismanagement-and-poor-recruitment-recurring-theme-hearts-2862832

Pattullo on the wind up surely.  We’ve been relegated twice in 30 years, and both times on a formality.  How does that constitute a yo-yo club?  His article wouldn’t have been out of place in 1983, but it’s 2020 FFS!!!

This is going to be one almighty mess for Scottish Football to emerge from. I just hope that in the planning process that the effects of further waves of this virus will be taken into account.................Doh, it is the SPFL involved, should know better. Come on Anne. Hearts Only.

2 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Very much this

2 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Cosgrove says we should stop using the word expelled as we dont own it .

He says nobody decided to boot us out .

Well yes they did that was the full idea in the resolution. 

When st Johnstone go out the box wonder what team cosgrove will follow..? I’ll go hibs.

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, King prawn said:

1.4m viewers tuned in for Celtic vs Rangers on Sky in January. I don’t think any other fixture will get anything close to that hence why Sky only care about the uglies. 

I haven’t posted it anywhere else but I’ll add it here since it’s half relevant. Sky’s coverage of any other Scottish game including the Edinburgh derby is scandalous. They can’t go 5 minutes without talking about Celtic or Rangers. 

True, but very few tune into Burnley v Norwich but Sky accept that as part of the overall package. 

Difference is, Sky invest in the English game to provide funding to make it more attractive whereas it’s the opposite with Scottish football. They expect us to somehow find gems on a shoestring and then they provide the most basic coverage. 

1 minute ago, Costanza said:

Cosgrove's very Hibs about clubs "spending out with their means". Still upset at Gretna beating his beloved Saintees to promotion back in the day. 

Worthing Jambo
16 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

I’d be interested to know the viewing figures for sky in Norway, Sweden, Denmark who all have comparable/better deals than us. Doubt there’s a worldwide appeal for any of these leagues.

There is just no appetite from Doncaster or his puppet master to talk up the game.

6 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

What's the collective noun for a pair of wanks ?

A tug? 

1 minute ago, martoon said:

Cosgrove's very Hibs about clubs "spending out with their means". Still upset at Gretna beating his beloved Saintees to promotion back in the day. 

Wait till Cove Rangers and Kelty Hearts replace them. 

Nookie Bear
6 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/alan-pattullo-mismanagement-and-poor-recruitment-recurring-theme-hearts-2862832

Pattullo on the wind up surely.  We’ve been relegated twice in 30 years, and both times on a formality.  How does that constitute a yo-yo club?  His article wouldn’t have been out of place in 1983, but it’s 2020 FFS!!!

Nice article, Alan. Now what’s the point of it, you hibs ****. 

Shanks said no

I'm probably going to stop listening, feeling the rage growing. Cosgrove milking top 6 by default, fails to realise that the league could have been called when St J were bottom if this virus had struck earlier.

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Says Hearts deserved to be relegated. Cosgrove saying Hearts were relegated by the SPFL vote and must stop using "ridiculous" words like demoted. 

If it annoys people that are sticking the knife in, then all the more reason to keep using “demoted” or “expelled”.  How can it be relegation when it was by a member vote / resolution that a top QC has deemed unlawful?

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, martoon said:

As I’ve said before, a club that needs to open up 3 quarters of its ground to away fans is spending out with its means. 

Walter Bishop
11 hours ago, Last Laff said:

It will be a major concern if AB doesn’t rubbish this by tomorrow.  The paper has literally got us in a begging position based on sources from other clubs.  This must be rectified and get the record to **** forever.  There has to be clarification from Ann tomorrow regardless as silenced has been deafening.

****ing fantasyland opinion of getting millions and clubs going down the tubes to pay us random money has to stop too.  Everyone has got it wrong since this whole shit happened, same fantasising over Levein getttinf more time to get the squad right and a wonderful youth side of things about to bear fruit 2 years ago. 

Get ****ing real.  Who the **** is to say we will win any lawsuit? It’s grim as **** and fantasy lawyers don’t make it any better.

If Ann is pleading with the other clubs to save us through reconstruction I hope loads of you on here stop acting like jumped up huns also.  

I’m sick of all this shit.  Nobody is doing this directly because it’s hearts apart from maybe the vermin.  Nobody else cares what club is bottom of the league. 

I agree. Arseholes like this seem intent on constantly scaremongering. I know there are fans out there who have yet to renew and headlines like this wont help. 

We need assurances from the club. 

Hearts now in serious bother...

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Wait till Cove Rangers and Kelty Hearts replace them. 

Something to look forward to. 👍

3 minutes ago, pwphillips said:

Hope St Johnstone go belly up!!

On 21/05/2020 at 17:57, wattie exploited said:

Reminds me of the Dad's Army episode where the U boat captain is taking names in notebook for when war is over. Coscrove is in mine, so anti Hearts,  did he get a doing from our fans back in the day... 

ToadKiller Dog
9 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

I would say by his argument  dundee are a championship club with the odd season in the top rather than a yo yo club .

Edited by ToadKiller Dog

4 minutes ago, martoon said:

Is he giving Lorraine Kelly pelters about her team's wage to turnover ratio being 130%?

Edited by S Form

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, martoon said:

Considering his own club have admitted to doing the same thing this season, ending up selling more tickets to the uglies and their best ever manager leaving 😃🙈.

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

As I’ve said before, a club that needs to open up 3 quarters of its ground to away fans is spending out with its means. 

I was thinking the same as I posted, NB. 

gashauskis9
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Nice article, Alan. Now what’s the point of it, you hibs ****. 

It's pointless.  He's talking about a period of time in which we dominated Hibs, regularly finished top 6, regularly played in Europe, split the OF four times and won three Scottish Cups - yet the trend he wants to focus on is how mis-management saw us relegated 5 times!!!  Cretin.

2 minutes ago, martoon said:

Yeah another example of partisanship over logic.

Apparently manager of the year is Tommy Wright. 

They are below Livingston who have an average wage bill of 40k compared to 60k for St Johnstone.

Scottish football's pseudo intellectual.

In terms of reducing running costs, my understanding is that including players on loan, there are 12 contracts coming to an end this summer. That still leaves around 25 first team players but I would imagine that quite a few of them have relegation clauses in their contracts.

9 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Poor recruitment and mis management are no wind up unfortunately.

gashauskis9
2 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

I would say by his argument  dundee are a championship club with the odd season in the top rather than a yo yo club .

If he thinks being relegated 5 times in 34 years, when 3 of those relegations came in the first 5 years of that period, constitutes a yoyo club, then I'd consider his yoyo to be ****ed.

Riccarton3
23 minutes ago, Costanza said:

What did they say when the League left it to the Clubs to demote Rangers?  It would be interesting to look back. My prediction , very little.

In a hypothetical situation, if Rangers or Celtic, however unlikely, were in our position, reconstruction would be a formality.

Both these clowns commentate on a sham week in week out. To admit it would be to realise their complete  impotence

Edited by Riccarton3

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )