SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Pasquale for King
51 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

It isn't restricted to Glasgow.

BBC Scotland are a national organisation, yet are afraid to tackle sectarianism in football. 

The Scottish sport media are national, yet are afraid to tackle sectarianism in football.

The Scottish news media are national, yet are afraid to tackle sectarianism in Scotland.

The Scottish government are national, yet are afraid to tackle sectarianism in football and society in Scotland.

Perhaps people, you and I included, should care more. We should complain and highlight the shite we put up with as ignoring it hasn't done us any good.

I do care but it’s no as widespread or affects most people’s lives as some would have us believe.
The Scottish Government tried to address the situation but it wasn’t as far reaching as it could’ve been. 
I would love Hearts to take a he lead, take all the names of the people who have bought tickets, make it clear that any sectarian signing will see every single person banned, do it until they stop. Totally legal and above board, you can ban anyone you want from your stadium. 

If it was us and Hibs singing these songs constantly on TV that’s aired all over the world we would be blamed for the poor tv deals. Add in the millions clubs have lost in this country with alcohol still banned, compared to English clubs for instance, and we know whose fault that is.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Tennant's  6's
5 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Dick Gordon seemed to spend the afternoon sniggering whenever Hearts were mentioned - he probably reads jkb and knows we all think he is a complete sissy bawbag 

His wife probably already tells him that..

You've gotta hope that this apparent witch hunt against Hearts, at least it kinda seems that way, will strengthen  the resolve if Budge & the Board & that they take all action necessary to fight for our club.

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, graygo said:

Is there not £25m going into their coffers from Sky when the season starts?

Half of it apparently, that should cover what they’re due in refunds and compensation for us.

12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It does. 

It was in reply to a post that stated it would be split evenly between all club's meaning around £70k each.

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Half of it apparently, that should cover what they’re due in refunds and compensation for us.

👍

Bazzas right boot
Just now, graygo said:

It was in reply to a post that stated it would be split evenly between all club's meaning around £70k each.

Yeah. 

Np

4 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Could clubs carry on playing as amateurs , the way Queens Park were until a few years ago ? 

A few months ago. 

There is one issue that worries me and that is the 'experts'

They will more than err on the side of caution and especially in Scotland where they have their own little vestige of power

Of course we are told science will determine the next steps but whose science..The WHO/ The UK government and their science/the Scottish government and their science ?

I worry they will go overboard and cause more harm than good with little thought to business, social life etc through fear of being wrong...we are not at that stage yet but it is close.

Paint the town maroon
5 hours ago, Bickfest said:

The point is, the clubs did NOT vote for it. If you read the PT counsel's opinion, Dundee's vote was cast when it was sent, which was a no. Therefore, there was not a sufficient vote for it.

Is that the real water right argument? One QC gives opinion just like another could give an opposite opinion. Remember the SPFL board didn’t have to consult the clubs - they could have made the decision (imagine jeez). That asked for a vote and I agree there is suspicion around Dundee vote but they voted in favour and within 28 days. Then they called a board meeting and “unanimous agreement amongst the 12 clubs” to stop the season. Clubs in France have just lost a legal challenge who are in the same position as us, very quickly and early on in legal process. They might appeal but the position is as it is.

Listen - I am pissed off as the next person but this “lawyer up” and “ rip the SPFL a new one and we want £10m and an apology” stuff is total fantasy.

Reconstruction is in my opinion our best and realistic option. 

Werner Herzog

I've made a habit of listening to off the ball & sportsound on a saturday for years & years. In the times there has been anti-hearts sentiment (either in a jovial or more cynical tone), I've rose above it / laughed it off etc. Today though, was really bad. Possibly the worst it has ever been. The things Cosgrove & Gordon came out with today really REALLY angered me. The way they spoke suggested we're experiencing a conventional relegation with a normal new season to follow, something we should just suck up & accept. They just don't get it at all. I would love to know what their view would be if Aberdeen or St. Johnstone were demoted via a vote (which was handled shambocially) into a division that could be mothballed or heavily curtailed. 

A global pandemic should have instigated scottish football to come together. And yet, why do I want to see much of it burn to the ground?

Fuming.

Edited by Werner Herzog

David Black

All the criticism levelled against Hearts throughout the vast majority in the media, is based on one thing, fear. The fear WHEN we go to court what will be unravelled. Who knows who will dragged down, maybe even a club or two for their influence on what has gone on. When all this is settled , Scottish football might just be in a better place, a more democratic place , a more equal place for ALL clubs. If that is what happens we will then be the shining white knights and superior beings we know we are.

Paint the town maroon
4 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

You need to pay more attention to the things that can positively impact the outcome for Hearts, and less time promoting negative agendas.

Realistic not negative. So much wind and pish and little substance.

Craig Herbertson
4 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Yes. By not voting for reconstruction they would be signing their own clubs death warrant.

It’s pretty clear what should have happened here. A resolution to call the league with promotion but no relegation. Reconstruct the leagues. Batten down the hatches and have 42 clubs (although more likely 44 to include Kelty Hearts and Brora) pulling all their time, effort, resources, and innovation into helping the whole of Scottish football survive this.  Survival was key. Regaining strength thereafter would take time, but survival is critical. That is ultimately what the function of the SPFL is, to have a duty of care for all members and protect their interests.

Instead of the above we ended up with a divisive, flawed, and incompetent resolution which put 44 clubs at each other’s throats, promoted an I’m alright Jack mentality, and will ultimately lead to the demise of a number of clubs and Scottish football as we know it.  

The SPFL board should never survive this. There are individuals on that board who have consciously made decisions that will result in Scotland forever losing clubs, history, jobs, and community fabric. They are a fecking disgrace and should be dragged by the bollocks through the courts.

Post of the year in my view. Sums it up perfectly.

1 hour ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I remember Paul Merson saying Arsenal players used to receive their wages 1/3 basic, 1/3 appearance and 1/3 win bonus. 

We have signed loads of duff players who are happy to sit out their contracts due to the high basic pay.

When Arsenal were still at Highbury  they had a bonus related to the attendance .

Ricardo Shillyshally

Sounds crazy but for one year it would be possible to have 1 league for  42 teams where every team plays each other once.

4 minutes ago, Werner Herzog said:

I've made a habit of listening to off the ball & sportsound on a saturday for years & years. In the times there has been anti-hearts sentiment (either in a jovial or more cynical tone), I've rose above it / laughed it off etc. Today though, was really bad. Possibly the worst it has ever been. The things Cosgrove & Gordon came out with today really REALLY angered me. The way they spoke suggested we're experiencing a conventional relegation with a normal new season to follow, something we should just suck up & accept. They just don't get it at all. I would love to know what their view would be if Aberdeen or St. Johnstone were demoted via a vote (which was handled shambocially) into a division that could be mothballed or heavily curtailed. 

A global pandemic should have instigated scottish football to come together. And yet, why do I want to see much of it burn to the ground?

Fuming.

You’re right.  They all seem to be oblivious to the fact that numerous clubs will be finished during this pandemic and are having a right good giggle at Hearts.  They should be questioning why the SPFL are not protecting all clubs.  It must be a great view up in their ivory tower.  So high up they cant see the fuse lit in the basement.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Sounds crazy but for one year it would be possible to have 1 league for  42 teams where every team plays each other once.

That's a cracking suggestion. 

Why not, indeed ? 

Then split into the divisions.

0ut the box thinking if anything. 

😂

2 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

ive suggested that too.  Its the perfect solution in my eyes.

J.T.F.Robertson
53 minutes ago, Deevers said:

I just wish he would shut up. Every time he opens his gob just now about the club it’s utterly embarrassing. The weenie press will lap up these stupid utterances. If you are reading this Gary - for gods sake Gary please give it a rest.

Then there's his alter ego's column in the EEN.

Make up your ******* mind, Gary.

9 minutes ago, Paint the town maroon said:

Is that the real water right argument? One QC gives opinion just like another could give an opposite opinion. Remember the SPFL board didn’t have to consult the clubs - they could have made the decision (imagine jeez). That asked for a vote and I agree there is suspicion around Dundee vote but they voted in favour and within 28 days. Then they called a board meeting and “unanimous agreement amongst the 12 clubs” to stop the season. Clubs in France have just lost a legal challenge who are in the same position as us, very quickly and early on in legal process. They might appeal but the position is as it is.

Listen - I am pissed off as the next person but this “lawyer up” and “ rip the SPFL a new one and we want £10m and an apology” stuff is total fantasy.

Reconstruction is in my opinion our best and realistic option. 

Of course a different QC may have a different view, but there is clear evidence from the panic mode the SPFL are in at the mometn that they are very worried about the strength of our case.

As far as the French situation is concerned, this is being done to death on here.  They did not lose the case.  They raised the action in a court that has decided it doesn't have jurisdiction.  This has been pointed out several times by several different posters on here.  The action remains very much alive.

IveSeenTheLight
4 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Why not, indeed ? 

😂

Interesting, but it will never happen.

Will you guys play Hibs at Tynecastle or Easter Road?

Will Dundee play at Dens or Tannadice?

Howdy Doody Jambo
4 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

That would be the best way to help each other 

And the arse cheeks could play 3 additional exhibition games for, Sky tv

Bazzas right boot
Just now, IveSeenTheLight said:

The split cause that problem anyway 2v1. 

Another thing I hate about the small league 

Correct tho, it's not happening. 

1 minute ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

It's going to be behind closed doors.  What difference does the venue make?  To be fair, we've also beaten Hibs at Easter Road more times than they've beaten us at Easter Road.  Venue is probably irrelevant...

7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Why not, indeed ? 

😂

As I said while talking about an 18 team league, it’s just not how Scottish football thinks. They’d be more likely to have 13 leagues with 4 teams in each with everybody playing each other 9 times before a split into 26 mini leagues of two teams each. Who’s idea was it to make 4 leagues out of 42 teams anyway. Utterly stupid. 

screwed up the arithmetic but you get the idea. 

Edited by GinRummy

26 minutes ago, graygo said:

A few months ago. 

So is that a yes then? Could be the model for many clubs. 

Heartsofgold
5 minutes ago, Still Tynie said:

That would be the best way to help each other 

And the arse cheeks could play 3 additional exhibition games for, Sky tv

Thise 2 wank stains can lick my salt left one. My hatred of every other team deepens with each passing day. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

As I said while talking about an 18 team league, it’s just not how Scottish football thinks. They’d be more likely to have 13 leagues with 4 teams in each with everybody playing each other 9 times before a split into 26 mini leagues of two teams each. Who’s idea was it to make 4 leagues out of 42 teams anyway. Utterly stupid. 

screwed up the arithmetic but you get the idea. 

Ofc, it's all about 4 OF fixtures. 

Tragic. 

Ex member of the SaS
1 hour ago, Jambo66 said:

There's no point in correcting these posters. They're not interested in anything other than their anti-Budge crap.

Wrong. He was quoting me and I have said many times I support Budge. However I do beleive we have to be ready the minute they refuse reconstruction and hammer them with the court papers asap.

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, norrie1952 said:

They wouldn't ask Gerrard to comment on Lennon's Celtic. But it's ok to ask Ross about us.Shit stirring arseholes.And the rest laughing like school girls in the background 

They can ask Gerrard whatever they want because he and Sevco aren't speaking to the BBC. Who knows how long that has dragged on but the Scottish sports department, who would love to kiss and make up, are being told not to by the bosses at BBC. If it was left to those in Scotland to make decision, you can bet your life the whole reporter saga would be swept away.

1 minute ago, Whatever said:

Great. Saturday night on here is crying out for that sheep trolls contribution.

LTSSF

This, I'm going to drink with the Jakeys by the canal.

Malinga the Swinga
50 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Dick Gordon seemed to spend the afternoon sniggering whenever Hearts were mentioned - he probably reads jkb and knows we all think he is a complete c u n t

Fixed for yoU as you're too nice

Ethan Hunt
59 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Saughton was first to post something on here and I said wonder if was same I'd heard and I pm,d him what I'd heard which he confirmed was as he heard but he didn't want to say until he had it confirmed ! Now what I will say I'd I've had it confirmed to me by 3 different sources who will definitely be in the know but will leave it for saughton to post 

Ok mate. We’ve had plenty of posters give information and decline/refuse to divulge their source. In this case we have two posters who are not even giving their information! never mind their source. That’s surely a first for JKB so we’ll done on that.

letsmakesomenoise
3 hours ago, ramrod said:

My worry and I could be wrong but are some increasing their pledge because they're not renewing season tickets ? Could be a distinct possibility and a worrying development 

So far I have done neither, as I am waiting to see what the real situation is.  Do not think I will be buying a season ticket until at least xmas, but if not fully intend to up my FOH pledge, probably double.  The club will need our support over the next year, of that theres no doubt, but I just cant shake the thought that buying a season ticket now is just helping kick the can down the road to next season.

15 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

It’s not crazy it’s a good way out of this situation, I was talking to my brother on this last week, kelty hearts and bora rangers up that would give us 44 2x22  league Each other home and away no league cup 44 games . This would not happen we all now that but it would help clubs survive.

Malinga the Swinga
17 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Funnily enough, Sportsound finishes and up you point. Now, I'm not saying you are Dick Gordon, being honest, you probably aren't, but it doesn't really matter. You both have **** all to do with Hearts, you both support a team that Tbags Celtic and Lawell whenever asked, and you can both go and **** yourselves.

Ethan Hunt
1 hour ago, graygo said:

I'm pretty sure it would come out of the pot before what's left is dished out to the clubs.

The money belongs to the clubs. Whether they have it and have to pay it back, or it is withheld from them is immaterial to a degree. That said I don’t think the SPFL board will have the authority to withhold money that belongs to the clubs. The only reason there was all this debacle about money is because the final payment was based on league placings.

As I said previously the SPFL has 42 equal shareholders, any liability will be shared equally between the clubs.

29 minutes ago, David Black said:

All the criticism levelled against Hearts throughout the vast majority in the media, is based on one thing, fear. The fear WHEN we go to court what will be unravelled. Who knows who will dragged down, maybe even a club or two for their influence on what has gone on. When all this is settled , Scottish football might just be in a better place, a more democratic place , a more equal place for ALL clubs. If that is what happens we will then be the shining white knights and superior beings we know we are.

It looks like this is the reasoning, fear! You know there are some things being hidden hence their stance on the call for an independent inquiry and a rousing celtic speech at the end, this needs to be uncovered for the good of Scottish Football because maintaining the status quo of bullying and corruption by one club will kill interest if it hasn't already!

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

The money belongs to the clubs. Whether they have it and have to pay it back, or it is withheld from them is immaterial to a degree. That said I don’t think the SPFL board will have the authority to withhold money that belongs to the clubs. The only reason there was all this debacle about money is because the final payment was based on league placings.

As I said previously the SPFL has 42 equal shareholders, any liability will be shared equally between the clubs.

Oh dear, what tragic situation for the championship and lower league clubs to find themselves in. May they rot in hell.

norrie1952
1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

It's the giggling, laughing and general mirth at our expense that pisses me off most these days.

Well hopefully they are not laughing after the court case.

Yes I hope they won't. I really hope we are the ones laughing 

7 minutes ago, letsmakesomenoise said:

So far I have done neither, as I am waiting to see what the real situation is.  Do not think I will be buying a season ticket until at least xmas, but if not fully intend to up my FOH pledge, probably double.  The club will need our support over the next year, of that theres no doubt, but I just cant shake the thought that buying a season ticket now is just helping kick the can down the road to next season.

The can will only be kicked down the road if you kick it.

I think everyone knows we are buying STs to keep the club alive not in the hope of watching games.

And this time next season we will be doing the same but with the ability to attend matches live.

IveSeenTheLight
22 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The split cause that problem anyway 2v1. 

Another thing I hate about the small league 

Correct tho, it's not happening. 

At least a minimum of playing each at home once though..

‘A 14 team league with a 6/8 split at least guarantees even numbers against the opposition.

22 minutes ago, Jambo66 said:

It's going to be behind closed doors.  What difference does the venue make?  To be fair, we've also beaten Hibs at Easter Road more times than they've beaten us at Easter Road.  Venue is probably irrelevant...

‘Behind closed doors initially.

Hopefully not for the full season.

jock _turd
Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

Funnily enough, Sportsound finishes and up you point. Now, I'm not saying you are Dick Gordon, being honest, you probably aren't, but it doesn't really matter. You both have **** all to do with Hearts, you both support a team that Tbags Celtic and Lawell whenever asked, and you can both go and **** yourselves.

Now dinnae you hod back there Malinga :lol:  You are right though the guy has some sort of F'kn problem why the F'k would an Aberdeen sheep molester or fisherman F'kr ... I have heard they love to slip it up a skate ...constantly come back to JKB to pass the time. Hey maybe he is doing time and this is his time off from getting pounded by big Hamish :lol:

SectionDJambo
1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

It's the giggling, laughing and general mirth at our expense that pisses me off most these days.

Well hopefully they are not laughing after the court case.

Next time they want to use any facilities at Tynecastle to air their program, Hearts should politely refuse. Not ban them from reporting from Tynecastle, just not be able to host their show from there. It doesn't happen very often anyway, but we need to stop being soft and accepting of the kind of dismissive and insulting behaviour they show against our club.

The Ringpiece and his band of dinosaur pundits, would never behave in such a disrespectful manner towards Celtic or Rangers. They wouldn't dare.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Maybe through the west but not here I’m afraid, only perpetrated by those who have a vested interest in keeping these two teams at the top of our game. 

There were Red Hand of Ulster and Union Flags at Hampden, this season (3-0) ... in the Hearts end!

As for the Hearts fan attacking Lennon ... well, I’ll leave you alone with your notions of the rest of Scotland not being affected by sectarianism.

PS. There’s another million examples if you want them?

Edited by MCW1976

ford donald
1 hour ago, Independence said:

image.png.91374376f3b9c8d8313c81f0321ccb43.png

Incredible Hearts fans have raised this amount. However, dont expect BBC Radio Scotland to mention it!!!!

Yes I know, and thats why we deserve the best!

41 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

There is one issue that worries me and that is the 'experts'

They will more than err on the side of caution and especially in Scotland where they have their own little vestige of power

Of course we are told science will determine the next steps but whose science..The WHO/ The UK government and their science/the Scottish government and their science ?

I worry they will go overboard and cause more harm than good with little thought to business, social life etc through fear of being wrong...we are not at that stage yet but it is close.

Spot on CJGJ. 

google Dr John Lee’s article ‘ten good reasons to end the lockdown now’   It’s from the Spectator. 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )