SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Riccarton3
3 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Correct.  42 member clubs play football over a preset of 38 games.  The decision to promote and relegate was a business decision arbitrated by the SPFL through their bullshit resolution.  It's nothing to do with football.  

posters have fallen off this debate now. Moved on to agitate on other things.....

Edited by Riccarton3

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

David McCaig
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Probably already cost tens of thousands. 

At a minimum,

johnthomas
6 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

None whatsoever, other than far too many hours spent reading up on the case.

My personal view, is that the original vote was incompetent, flawed and compromised.  The SPFL Board must have know that it needed to be re-run, but in the meantime Rangers had started to raise serious concerns about the accuracy of the financial statements that the SPFL had made.

Therefore the SPFL Board made a calculated decision to railroad through the original vote even though they knew that it was unlikely to stand up to legal challenge.  

They did this in the belief that none of the 3 affected clubs would strong enough financially to take this to court and were also confident that they could hide behind SPFL/SFA rules and threats.  Even Partick would not have been in court today had it not been for aid from a mysterious benefactor.

However, Hearts and Partick both have the courage and the money to take this all the way... the SPFL are now drinking in the last chance saloon prior to a full hearing.

Very logical argument .

I do hope you are right

Hagar the Horrible

The nerves are kicking right now...going through the usual pre-match idioms and rituals!  anybody else the same?  It has that Semi-Final cup tie feel about it

I wonder why the media have been quiet, I hope its concern that they are not winning?

Does anybody know how DU or RR fans feel it went for them yesterday, or are they bricking it more?  I did not feel that fatal blow, or any knockout punch?  Its in there, we need to be in this match and win.....a lot depends on it

Not going to dial in  today but will be happy for coded updates, no direct quotes from the court please....remember stay this side of contempt guys....lets do this!

1 minute ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

The nerves are kicking right now...going through the usual pre-match idioms and rituals!  anybody else the same?  It has that Semi-Final cup tie feel about it

I wonder why the media have been quiet, I hope its concern that they are not winning?

Does anybody know how DU or RR fans feel it went for them yesterday, or are they bricking it more?  I did not feel that fatal blow, or any knockout punch?  Its in there, we need to be in this match and win.....a lot depends on it

Not going to dial in  today but will be happy for coded updates, no direct quotes from the court please....remember stay this side of contempt guys....lets do this!

Have they been quiet?  Was reported in the papers / BBC website.

Besides, they've got plenty to say about "Lenny's" squad and gushing about Rangers new kit so the plebs going to court get less column inches.

23 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

They still might!!  Today is their final chance to avoid a full trial, hats off to Doncaster and the SPFL Board for holding their nerve for so long, but the decision over whether this stays at the COS or is handed over to arbitration is the point at which all bluffing stops.

And it's not just the merits or otherwise of each side's case, there is the small matter of the evidence............

jambogirlglasgow
11 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Agree. Can't see a Scottish Judge being too happy to hear English Law being rammed down their throat tbh. 

It’s a UK Act. English cases are relevant. 

Maple Leaf
2 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Good advice for everyone.  :thumb:

David McCaig
2 minutes ago, jambogirlglasgow said:

And probably the only relevant cases involving football.

Rick Sanchez

I'm not confident tbh, but I base that on absolutely nothing. I hope our QC does a good job in describing how much they can't be trusted at arbitration.

But unfortunately I think that's where it'll go. But if the compensation isn't enough it'll be ding ding round 2.

3 minutes ago, jambogirlglasgow said:

But can a UK act not be interpreted differently under Scots law?

David McCaig
6 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

I’ll try my best to type up some notes again this afternoon and post at the end of proceedings

jambogirlglasgow
Just now, David McCaig said:

And probably the only relevant cases involving football.

Yup. 
“Rammed down his throat” - Jesus wept! 

5 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Yep nervous! Don’t give a damn what the DU RR fans think they never got shafted by the spfl, going to listen I can’t resist it 😂

Jambos_1874

Can someone please explain what arbitration is and how it differs from what we are going through now?

3 minutes ago, jambogirlglasgow said:

Yup. 
“Rammed down his throat” - Jesus wept! 

No worries, Hun. 

• Moderators

Just to advise that, in all our interests, no updates on the proceedings will be allowed whilst the court is in session. Any breaches of that ( including members trying to be ‘clever’) will likely result in the thread being locked for the duration and action against members. 

jambogirlglasgow
3 minutes ago, jambo_74 said:

It’s up to the Judge to interpret it whatever way he wants, but he won’t exclude consideration of English cases just because they’re English. 

jambogirlglasgow
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

No worries, Hun. 

Ah, the passive aggressive response because a female pointed out that you were wrong. Nice one... 👏🏼

5 minutes ago, jambo_74 said:

I thought that it would have come under Tort in English Law. There is no such thing as Tort in Scots Law. 

1 minute ago, jambogirlglasgow said:

Ah, the passive aggressive response because a female pointed out that you were wrong. Nice one... 👏🏼

Nah, nothing to do with that. I just think you might be a Hun. 

jambogirlglasgow
Just now, Cruyff said:

Nah, nothing to do with that. I just think you might be a Hun. 

Wrong again. You’re on a roll... 👏🏼

4 minutes ago, Ramagio87 said:

Does anyone have the call access details for today?

Thanks

code  137 926 2679 then #

25 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Did I just catch that Prof Jason stated that there would be no fans at football until October, but only pencil that in?  Thats just shot the Sheep statement appart then?

Yes you did.

4 minutes ago, jambogirlglasgow said:

It’s up to the Judge to interpret it whatever way he wants, but he won’t exclude consideration of English cases just because they’re English. 

Absolutely, however, would Scots law not normally differ in its interpretation of UK Acts from it's English counterparts?

Footballfirst
7 minutes ago, Ramagio87 said:

Does anyone have the call access details for today?

Thanks

Case name: Heart of Midlothian Plc and The Partick Thistle Football Club Limited for orders under section 994 and 996 of the companies act 2006, 

Case date: Thursday 02/07/2020

Start time: 14:00

(United Kingdom Toll) Dial +44-20-7660-8149.

Access code for this hearing only: 137 926 2679

When prompted press # to join.

Please note this call may incur a cost and you should check with your phone provider.

jambogirlglasgow
Just now, jambo_74 said:

Absolutely, however, would Scots law not normally differ in its interpretation of UK Acts from it's English counterparts?

Sometimes, yes but you couldn’t say that that’s normally the case in my view. Particularly if there aren’t many relevant Scottish authorities in the point and I don’t think there are in our case. 

PhoenixHearts

Just checked my o2 account. No extra charges for the 2 hour call yesterday!

It's FREE (on my contract)

Calling back up now.

1 minute ago, jambogirlglasgow said:

Sometimes, yes but you couldn’t say that that’s normally the case in my view. Particularly if there aren’t many relevant Scottish authorities in the point and I don’t think there are in our case. 

Fair play, so precedent is the key, of which we have none  to work from and would arguably be setting.

Tokyo Drifter
32 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

None whatsoever, other than far too many hours spent reading up on the case.

My personal view, is that the original vote was incompetent, flawed and compromised.  The SPFL Board must have know that it needed to be re-run, but in the meantime Rangers had started to raise serious concerns about the accuracy of the financial statements that the SPFL had made.

Therefore the SPFL Board made a calculated decision to railroad through the original vote even though they knew that it was unlikely to stand up to legal challenge.  

They did this in the belief that none of the 3 affected clubs would strong enough financially to take this to court and were also confident that they could hide behind SPFL/SFA rules and threats.  Even Partick would not have been in court today had it not been for aid from a mysterious benefactor.

However, Hearts and Partick both have the courage and the money to take this all the way... the SPFL are now drinking in the last chance saloon prior to a full hearing.

Can't get my head round the legal ins and outs but it seems to me that the most likely outcome is that the judge insists on this going to arbitration, which obviously means we're toast. Or will the judge take the view that arbitration could never ensure Hearts and Partick a fair hearing given that it would be held under the aegis of the SFA?

jambogirlglasgow
6 minutes ago, jambo_74 said:

Fair play, so precedent is the key, of which we have none  to work from and would arguably be setting.

Exactly - that’s how I see it. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
12 minutes ago, jambo_74 said:

We're not winning this.

1 minute ago, kila said:

This audio quality giving me a headache. Need to try get my phone to beam to decent speakers!

It's not much better. I've got it on in the background though a Bose speaker and it's still very poor.

Stuart McNeill
2 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

We're not winning this.

Just now, neilnunb said:

Hmmm I'm starting to have doubts now.

😐

How come? 

Sooperstar
19 minutes ago, kila said:

Will today's proceedings end at 4pm and continue into tomorrow? Or will it go on later today?

Continue to tomorrow I'm sure. 4pm is the end of the court day.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
Just now, neilnunb said:

Hmmm I'm starting to have doubts now.

😐

Is that just something you felt like saying or do you have some information/knowledge you forgot to share with us?

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )