SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

42 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Sorry I think you misunderstand.. naive to the size and depth of the problem and the real world implications beyond football.

I think we are well aware of it but we struggle to comprehend the mentality of people like that. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

I know many hearts fans, some unionist some nationalist. I know many Rangers fans, some unionist some nationalist. I know many Celtic fans, everyone a nationalist, like wise with hibs fans I know.

kingantti1874
19 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think we are well aware of it but we struggle to comprehend the mentality of people like that. 

See, I may be misinterpreting that but it comes across as if you think it’s the exception.

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

In the context of Brexit, there is no harm in having two passports...😀

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpg.6e6e0658a5d9187600e3d8235c7a3219.jpg

Farrage and most brexiteers agree. 

9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

NI residents have access to Erasmus too. Not sure what Norway’s status is re Erasmus though, Scotland might be one one of the partners from outside the EU in the scheme mentioned here if it can. 
https://www.studyinnorway.no/The-Erasmus-grant

https://www.thenational.scot/news/18971729.nicola-sturgeon-ask-tories-scotland-stay-erasmus-scheme/

Wtf has this got to do with football  ?

can we stick to football please. 
can we keep Bad Brexit or what ever the purpose of your post away to the Shed ...

Bazzas right boot
12 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

My 'Edinburgh' Celtic pals, I'd say are

Scotland independence - half yes and half no.

Move Scotland or UK to republic and do away with monarchy, pretty unanimous.

One Ireland, pretty unanimous in favour.

My rangers friends are far more Likley to be unionist, brexit, tories/ ukip. All but 1 are, out of about 6. They generally like to make it known as well. 

My hearts, Hibs and celtic friends and family are more diverse. 

I must say tho, the celtic folk I know aren't the hard core type. They do have a lunatic element. 

I also have one who is all for a united Ireland, thinks Ireland is great and loves it being independent, but voted no for Scottish independence. I just have no words. 

10 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Or some loans maybe. It would be good to get the games played, if nothing more than for all our nerves. 

Raith Rovers have said that they had enough players due to leave isolation before Saturday that they will be fine to play the game. Quotes from the chairperson in the Courier posted on the thread discussing the Raith outbreak. They had a number of players already isolating due to non-football contacts testing positive before testing of the football team was introduced, so those players are back earlier. Still sounded like they would have a number of players isolating so should be a below full-strength team.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, jambomjm74 said:

Wtf has this got to do with football  ?

can we stick to football please. 
can we keep Bad Brexit or what ever the purpose of your post away to the Shed ...

Who the **** are you to tell me what to do? Don’t ever ok. Go and report it to the mods and see if they can be bothered getting back to you or actual do anything. 
I was answering someone’s point, did you have a go at them? Have you had a go at anyone else for all these political posts? 
The purpose was to hopefully save a youngster leaving the country unnecessarily. Brexit is a monumental **** up whether you like it or not. I 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

I know many hearts fans, some unionist some nationalist. I know many Rangers fans, some unionist some nationalist. I know many Celtic fans, everyone a nationalist, like wise with hibs fans I know.

I would say you should meet more Hibs n Celtic fans (but that’s not a good idea) because the ones I meet are mostly unionists or British nationalists as they are also known. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Saint Jambo said:

Raith Rovers have said that they had enough players due to leave isolation before Saturday that they will be fine to play the game. Quotes from the chairperson in the Courier posted on the thread discussing the Raith outbreak. They had a number of players already isolating due to non-football contacts testing positive before testing of the football team was introduced, so those players are back earlier. Still sounded like they would have a number of players isolating so should be a below full-strength team.

Didn’t see that link, that’s good news though. 

So how would they decide this, would they need a simple majority, a veto by any single club? This could lead to complete chaos within the SFA. It certainly seems to have gone quiet, maybe Maxwell is looking for emails in the spam folder.

On 16/01/2021 at 00:18, NANOJAMBO said:

How do you know this ? This is  business : companies can sell to whomever they like at any price they like , any time they like. Which is exactly what they did with the UK : Johnson is paying twice the price the  EU are paying for the vaccine so he can queue jump. 

Did you seriously ask how I know it can’t be magicked out of thin air????????????????

I'm going to assume you'd had a few when you posted this!

4 hours ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

A cursory galnce at Hibsnet shows many Hobos are Unionists as are a good few Smeltics

6 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Did you seriously ask how I know it can’t be magicked out of thin air????????????????

I'm going to assume you'd had a few when you posted this!

Bit late,  but good for you.

And you say I had a few ? 

🤣

PS "Did you seriously ask how I know it can’t be magicked out of thin air?" 

Try reading my post again. 

Edited by NANOJAMBO

6 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Well that brings null and void closer for them.

They have been putting teams out to play and therefore put the health of opposition players at rick.  Their games should be suspended/forfeited and 3-0 wins awarded against them.

Edited by Heartsofgold

7 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Well that brings null and void closer for them.

They have been putting teams out to play and therefore put the health of opposition players at rick.  Their games should be suspended/forfeited and 3-0 wins awarded against them.

..back to another 10 days isolation for the 16 then?

The Treasurer
2 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Assuming it is one of those self-isolating, and given that they supposedly tested negative, the question has to be asked how they caught it if they were following the self isolating guidelines properly

6 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Assuming it is one of those self-isolating, and given that they supposedly tested negative, the question has to be asked how they caught it if they were following the self isolating guidelines properly

If self isolating, how were they tested?

47 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

So how would they decide this, would they need a simple majority, a veto by any single club? This could lead to complete chaos within the SFA. It certainly seems to have gone quiet, maybe Maxwell is looking for emails in the spam folder.

As it is the SFA not the SPFL, it won't be a formal vote. It is a consultation with clubs. Whether the SFA act on a consensus, a majority, or a minority view is then entirely up to them. It has gone quiet from the SFA because clubs have been asked to reply by close of business today 

8 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

3 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

The players already isolating will be able to leave isolation in the normal way if they haven't shown symptoms and haven't tested positive. They will then need a negative test before playing.

You can test negative after contracting the virus before showing  symptoms. That is why you have to remain in isolation rather than leave as soon as you get a negative test.

The worst thing about that story is that Lennon seems to have completely backtracked on the club's apology last week. Claiming they did everything right and that those that criticised the club are hypocrites. He doesn't say what makes them hypocrites, probably because he doesn't actually know what the word means.

The Treasurer
3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

To be fair , if you show symptoms then you are required to have a test.

We need to be fair about this, we don't want Lennon or sellik thinking there is an agenda against them 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Who the **** are you to tell me what to do? Don’t ever ok. Go and report it to the mods and see if they can be bothered getting back to you or actual do anything. 
I was answering someone’s point, did you have a go at them? Have you had a go at anyone else for all these political posts? 
The purpose was to hopefully save a youngster leaving the country unnecessarily. Brexit is a monumental **** up whether you like it or not. I 

Having read back through the thread, I’ve seen all sorts of political posts, god knows why... it’s supposed to be a football forum. Not a yes/ no Brexit/ remain. 
if I had the time I’d call out others as I’ve said it’s a football forum. 
It is an open forum, so I will ever. Don’t like it then tough. 

Nelly Terraces

I'm only posting on this thread as it's now on page 1875 - and we can do without here thank you very much, so this is just to help move things along a bit.

FTH. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, jambomjm74 said:

Having read back through the thread, I’ve seen all sorts of political posts, god knows why... it’s supposed to be a football forum. Not a yes/ no Brexit/ remain. 
if I had the time I’d call out others as I’ve said it’s a football forum. 
It is an open forum, so I will ever. Don’t like it then tough. 

Maybe take your own advice, don’t like it then tough. 
As I said take it to the admins if you have a problem. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Nelly Terraces said:

I'm only posting on this thread as it's now on page 1875 - and we can do without here thank you very much, so this is just to help move things along a bit.

FTH. 

Well said NT, let’s get off this number ASAP 😆

2 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

FTH. 

Doing my bit to help.

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Maybe take your own advice, don’t like it then tough. 
As I said take it to the admins if you have a problem. 

Don't tell him what to do :whistling:

Pasquale for King
50 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

A cursory galnce at Hibsnet shows many Hobos are Unionists as are a good few Smeltics

Definitely, I saw two Hibs fans on 20/9/14 both No voters. One worked as a Jannie and the other in the MoD, I can see why the one in the Range Rover did but not the one at the busy stop at 5:30am. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

I did ask the mods to lock the thread on the previous page yesterday, but that request got ignored. :(

Far too busy to be doing that kind of thing apparently. 

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

You can do a test at home, I think it’s more likely they tested positive when they tested after they got back. They’ve not said though. 

54 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

I didn't say there wasn't any. Just the ones I know all support independence.

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

As it is the SFA not the SPFL, it won't be a formal vote. It is a consultation with clubs. Whether the SFA act on a consensus, a majority, or a minority view is then entirely up to them. It has gone quiet from the SFA because clubs have been asked to reply by close of business today 

The players already isolating will be able to leave isolation in the normal way if they haven't shown symptoms and haven't tested positive. They will then need a negative test before playing.

You can test negative after contracting the virus before showing  symptoms. That is why you have to remain in isolation rather than leave as soon as you get a negative test.

The worst thing about that story is that Lennon seems to have completely backtracked on the club's apology last week. Claiming they did everything right and that those that criticised the club are hypocrites. He doesn't say what makes them hypocrites, probably because he doesn't actually know what the word means.

A quick look in the mirror would help him understand the meaning of the word. 

Pasquale for King
49 minutes ago, steve123 said:

How are critics being hypocrites 😆😂🤔🤷🏾‍♂️. Have they went to Dubai, admitted to breaking rules and it being for R&R? What a ****ing arsehole, can’t wait to laugh at him when he’s sacked. 

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You can do a test at home, I think it’s more likely they tested positive when they tested after they got back. They’ve not said though. 

They got back 10 days ago. Taken a longtime for his test result to comeback.

When it comes to Celtic I take what they say with a large pinch of salt, more than any other club.

Celtic and being economical with the truth, go hand in hand for me.

Is this guy for real? -

"My apology is to the fans because 13 players and three staff had to isolate for 10 days, which is ludicrous," Lennon said.

"I'm not apologising for anything else. I'm not apologising for going out there and training for a week. Hindsight's a wonderful thing. We did everything we possibly could to avoid the damage.

"The whole squad is negative bar two players. I think that is remarkable and I think it totally blows out of the water the way the training camp has been portrayed by certain quarters of the media, by certain pundits and by certain government officials as well.

"We did not abuse any privilege, we did the right things. We were absolutely totally professional. We had a little drink in the afternoon on a day off, completely allowed, no law breaking yet we come back to this barrage of absolute hypocrisy.

"We've come back, we've been absolutely decimated by these rules. It seems political."

FTSFA

FTSPFL

FTH

FCFC

2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

They got back 10 days ago. Taken a longtime for his test result to comeback.

When it comes to Celtic I take what they say with a large pinch of salt, more than any other club.

Celtic and being economical with the truth, go hand in hand for me.

Can take a few days for someone to show as positive and the incubation period was why the government were against testing at airports on arrival.

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

How are critics being hypocrites 😆😂🤔🤷🏾‍♂️. Have they went to Dubai, admitted to breaking rules and it being for R&R? What a ****ing arsehole, can’t wait to laugh at him when he’s sacked. 

Quite right @Pasquale for King some of us didn't see our families on Christmas day while these ****s went to Dubai on a Club 18-30 holiday.

• davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )