To join - The English Leagues

rudiatemyhamster

10 minutes ago, OTT said:

I think the likelihood of success is slim, but its nevertheless still worth pursuing. In terms of taking the path of least resistance, I don't think if we did it we should look to ruffle feathers. I'd be looking to buyover a conference north team and be as flexible as possible with the league to try and ensure we create as much good will as possible, e.g. finding the smallest least supported club in that league, buying them out and gifting them back the club bar the license so there is still a football club there, we'd just now have their place and license. Offering up a one off 7 figure entrance fee too so they can invest it in the league too. I have no qualms about starting lower if it was demanded as the price of entry too. Ultimately the ends here justify the means and the goal is to escape the bowling club committee that is Scottish football. If that means coughing up £1m and having to spend a couple of years playing part time teams, its worth it. 

Its not about going into this with an ego with demands of where we 'deserve' to be. Its fundamentally about leaving behind a biased, corrupt organisation run by weak, spineless cowards lacking any ability for the offices which they possess. As fans fans the only demand we actually have is a fair crack of the whip. The SPFL is set up soley for the benefit of Celtic. I'm not looking for us to be parachuted in at EFL level, I'm quite content with the idea of having to work our way up. We can cut our cloth accordingly and manage. 

If nothing else, its a good protest vote to highlight where we are as a club - i.e so dissatisfied and apathetic with the leadership in Scottish football, we'd rather join another league than continue to waste our time and money. I do realise its almost certainly never going to happen, I don't think Budge would even try and I'm doubtful England want to open the pandoras box that the OF would inevitably bring in 'aw but yous let hertz join eh'. Its a fun idea to toy about with and discuss. The satisfaction of announcing our intention to resign our SPFL membership would be ****ing glorious. 

Excellent post OTT Like you and most other Hearts supporters I would be happy to start off lower down and build from there. This is the difference between our club and the two Glasgow teams who would want to go straight into the top league, something which is highly unlikely to happen. If we were able to pull this off we would deliver a mortal wound to the sinking ship of the SPFL 

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo-Fox

• Unknown user

• Libertarian

• JJ93

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, FORTHCLYDE said:

I posted on twitter Hearts should move to England and fifty people called me a junkie.

The first thing I would do is employ Lawyers based in England and Scotland and ask them to draw up a feasibility study to see what could be done.

I would also get the Labour and Conservative Parties to back Hearts as they say Scotland is not a country it is part of UK.

The choice is Hearts play in England or Scotland becomes independent.

I am sure if Hearts went to the Supreme Court they could prove they were British and would be allowed to join the English Leagues.

If it has to be step 10 okay but I think we could get into step 5.

Scotland is full of absolute morons and I want no part of it.

This has to be a Hibs fan taking the piss. If this is the level of debate then people will laugh at us. 

I’d love to see Hearts hand in their resignation and list the reasons for it. First job down south, educate them on never letting the rest of the ***** in.

1 hour ago, JJ93 said:

Interesting to see how many of you are now voicing agreement.

As a few of you have said, perhaps the easiest thing for us to do is to buy a team in England and merge the two businesses - as, after all, football clubs are businesses. It'll annoy the hell out of whoever we would buy but oh well.

Hopefully we wouldn't have to go down that route but if we did, it is a very good idea. Also, now would be prime time to do it. How many clubs - even in League 2 - have almost no debt but are struggling to survive? But then again... their fans would absolutely hate us.

If done carefully, with integrity and transparency we could avoid becoming the pariahs of the EFL. My choice would be to acquire a club/business already in administration and heading towards liquidation. We would have to absorb the corporate debt (expensive). If we relocate this club and rename them HMFC, we could then transfer the old ground and assets to a newco who would then re-enter the pyramid at the ground level. From the supporters perspective, they were going to cease to exist. This way, they would start again at the same ground debt free. All to be funded by Hearts of course. 

In an older post a few pages ago, I roughly calculated we could enter league 2 this season (if they start) at a cost of circa £3m. I used the financially distressed Crawley Town as the “donor” club.

Unknown user
19 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Some bunkum on this thread.

Its ridiculous, England wants and needs us as much as Scotland wants and needs Aberystwyth Town. 

Edited by Smithee

39 minutes ago, Silverwolf said:

If done carefully, with integrity and transparency we could avoid becoming the pariahs of the EFL. My choice would be to acquire a club/business already in administration and heading towards liquidation. We would have to absorb the corporate debt (expensive). If we relocate this club and rename them HMFC, we could then transfer the old ground and assets to a newco who would then re-enter the pyramid at the ground level. From the supporters perspective, they were going to cease to exist. This way, they would start again at the same ground debt free. All to be funded by Hearts of course. 

In an older post a few pages ago, I roughly calculated we could enter league 2 this season (if they start) at a cost of circa £3m. I used the financially distressed Crawley Town as the “donor” club.

Very good.

Let's see. I would hope that this idea gets traction.

5 hours ago, JJ93 said:

Exactly.

But it is likely (I would hope) to become a British league whereby the EFL becomes the BFL.

It's very possible that Scotland will be left with 10-15 teams after this (15 at most), and England, with 5 professional leagues, may lose a considerable number of teams too who can't cope with the longer-term problems that they have faced now.

That would mean reconstruction of some kind and would be prime time to move. Also, Celtic and Rangers would probably want to move too. Then the whole pyramid would collapse.

Playing in a British league would benefit us massively. We'd have much better players, unimaginable amounts of money compared to now and play attractive football. Also, with being based in Edinburgh, we would attract bigger crowds (could eventually expand Tynecastle considerably) and attract serious investment (on a minority basis so that FOH is still maj. shareholder) which allows us to compete at the top level.

It isn't unimaginable.

Scottish football - like so much of Scotland, unfortunately - is so amateur compared to other nations. Why the **** would we want to keep playing utter horse crap like Hamilton 4 times a season when we could be playing Leeds, Spurs, Chelsea, Aston Villa, Man City, Newcastle etc. The top 3-4 leagues in England have very good teams with proper supporters and big grounds and a lot more to offer us than the utter crap that is most Scottish teams.

Hearts would certainly not be the only Scottish team to benefit from this. We all would.

Words of wisdom, I commend you!

38 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Its ridiculous, England wants and needs us as much as Scotland wants and needs Aberystwyth Town. 

Yeah, you are most likely correct. But, the fact that this is even being discussed says something. It may not/most likely not be possible. However, until things are investigated you never know. Personally, if this is how we are going to be treated I hope we do look into it.

SomethingAboutObua

I don't support us joining the English leagues, besides it never ever happening I'd rather we weren't plodding about the upper League 1/lower championship for extended periods of time. If folk wanted another league we might as well investigate joining a united Nordic league, we'd be amongst the bigger fish, access to a combined...25-30million tv audience and would be a step to kicking UEFA in the balls over the super league and champions league shit. A lot could be created from starting a new competition as well.

I'd still rather we changed our leagues to a closed shop of 24 pro teams and expanded if other sides wanted to go pro, but that's not the discussion. 

5 hours ago, Smithee said:

People seem to think we'd just swan our way up the leagues instead of thinking about the years of obscurity we'd face playing lower league shite while older jambos die off, never seeing us challenge for anything meaningful again. No derbies, no europe, no Scottish cup, no league challenges.

I dont want it, in fact I'll fight tooth and nail to stop it. And anyway, it's not going to happen, if the English leagues and FA ever do take such a massive and controversial step it'll be for the hun and celtic.

You can fantasise all you like, no one's stopping you, but im entitled to my opinion too.

It might happen, I’m telling you!!

Feels like momentum is building in favour of a move!

It would be a breathe of fresh air!

The Scottish Authorities with the Old Grims hand on the tiller will never allow change. It’s never changed in my lifetime and I’d rather die trying to make change than accept the status quo.

Hearts would do great in the EFL. It would be good for the players, the club and the supporters! Hearts would find their natural level!

You are an ‘anti’, that’s fine but it looks like your views are shared with a minority!

Regardless of anybody's views a full debate and assessment needs to happen before a decision is made!

Let’s not rush to a hasty conclusion!

53 minutes ago, Smithee said:

My opinion .... that’s a Hearts insult!!

Hearts vs the EFL are a lot bigger than Aberystwyth vs the SPFL!

Why?

Hearts are a well supported relativity big club, Aberystwyth are not!

It might happen, I’m tellin’ ya!!

Rick Sanchez

I'd be up for it but it'll never happen. It would be nice to publicly enquire or even receive a potential invite just to see their reaction.

Something needs to change, we've had one too many kicks now.

8 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I'd be up for it but it'll never happen. It would be nice to publicly enquire or even receive a potential invite just to see their reaction.

Something needs to change, we've had one too many kicks now.

Agreed. 

The_razors_edge

It won’t happen, however I certainly understand the feelings of Hearts fans who would like it to happen.

Scottish football is an absolute cesspit. A heavily Celtic influenced cesspit at that.

After the last 5 months, I personally see little benefit to playing competitive football in this country. 

The organisations that run the game up here are catastrophically amateur, further evidenced by the JRG decision a few days ago. 

In an Independent Scotland the government would be entitled to refuse a licence for Scottish teams playing in what would then be a foreign league. 

In that scenario Hearts or any other team attempting similar would then be required to up sticks and move to an English base. 

Every game would then be an away game. 

Ground share with Carlisle 🤔

4 minutes ago, luckydug said:

In an Independent Scotland the government would be entitled to refuse a licence for Scottish teams playing in what would then be a foreign league. 

In that scenario Hearts or any other team attempting similar would then be required to up sticks and move to an English base. 

Can you clarify the legal basis of that statement please. 

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

You might be right! However I’m inclined to think Governments would have no say. Rather I think it would be a matter for the football authorities, FA, SFA, EFL, UEFA, SPFL and possibly even FIFA!

Anyway as requested by Silverwolf please clarify the legal basis of your statement- thanks!

What a load of shit.

So, all Scots based firms working in England will have to leave and move to England.

21 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

You might be right! However I’m inclined to think Governments would have no say. Rather I think it would be a matter for the football authorities, FA, SFA, EFL, UEFA, SPFL and possibly even FIFA!

Anyway as requested by Silverwolf please clarify the legal basis of your statement- thanks!

There isn't any!

If it was to happen I really wouldn’t be happy. No one is seething more than me but to play in lower English leagues with no rivalry isn’t for me. 
complete fantasy to think we would get to even championship level. 
I’ll use my seethe to hate all these clubs that shafted us as well as the corrupt offices that continue to boot us. I hate Scottish football with a passion but I love my club

Nonsense 

Unknown user
2 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

My opinion .... that’s a Hearts insult!!

Hearts vs the EFL are a lot bigger than Aberystwyth vs the SPFL!

Why?

Hearts are a well supported relativity big club, Aberystwyth are not!

It might happen, I’m tellin’ ya!!

You can tell me all you like, it's not happening, and there'll be plenty like me who'll put any spanner they can think of into the works to prevent it if there was even the slightest danger.

A vocal minority is not the same as a majority by the way.

Trying to have the conversation is worth it. I don't think anyone is really convinced it would lead anywhere, but there is a need to say, look, we have zero faith in the SPFL and no longer feel our time, money and resources are well spent trying to improve things. 

What if failing has the desired impact? That the embarrassment of the 3rd largest club actively wanting to leave causes the weasels like Doncaster to finally be chased out? 

I want us to try and meet with the FA/EFL and see if there is a scenario where they'd entertain it. Perhaps laying out clearly why we want to leave (bias, corruption, & incompetence) would mean that when that gets leaked, a member club openly feeling this way about the SPFL would cause enough humiliation to actually usher in the change Scottish football needs. 

38 minutes ago, Smithee said:

You can tell me all you like, it's not happening, and there'll be plenty like me who'll put any spanner they can think of into the works to prevent it if there was even the slightest danger.

A vocal minority is not the same as a majority by the way.

You’re a great guy, I like you, and I’m sure the spanner’s in your toolbox are all bright and shiny! I love you ....

But I’m tellin’ ya, never say never! It might happen!!

3 hours ago, luckydug said:

Well nothing would surpise me TBH. Then no chance of ever going back into the EU. Parochialism personified.

And the Engish retaliate with no Scottish  freight through English roads lol. Have you ever looked at the map of the UK!!

Edited by tcjambo

Unknown user
6 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

You’re a great guy, I like you, and I’m sure the spanner’s in your toolbox are all bright and shiny! I love you ....

But I’m tellin’ ya, never say never! It might happen!!

This isn't a dream I've given up on mate, you cant pick me up with a few exclamation marks. This happens over my dead body.

9 hours ago, luckydug said:

I know the SNP love authoritarianism and state interference of every kind but if they ever tried to interfere in a business transaction like this, they’d shoot themselves in the head even faster than they otherwise would. 

Not a chance. 

6 hours ago, Smithee said:

This isn't a dream I've given up on mate, you cant pick me up with a few exclamation marks. This happens over my dead body.

‘DYING TO BE IN THE SPFL’

wow, I admire the strength of your conviction on this matter. However they (the SPFL) are really not worth taking that course of action.

Please remember it’s just a game. We don’t want anybody getting hurt during this debate. Please don’t do anything foolish. Take care and look after yourself Smithee, all the best.

Bazzas right boot

Scottish football is shite. 

It's been corrupt all my lifetime. 

It's getting worse. 

But, we're a Scottish team and can't pick and choose where we play, if it worked like that celtic and rangers would be long gone. 

It ain't happening, never. 

On 15/08/2020 at 16:07, JJ93 said:

Exactly.

But it is likely (I would hope) to become a British league whereby the EFL becomes the BFL.

It's very possible that Scotland will be left with 10-15 teams after this (15 at most), and England, with 5 professional leagues, may lose a considerable number of teams too who can't cope with the longer-term problems that they have faced now.

That would mean reconstruction of some kind and would be prime time to move. Also, Celtic and Rangers would probably want to move too. Then the whole pyramid would collapse.

Playing in a British league would benefit us massively. We'd have much better players, unimaginable amounts of money compared to now and play attractive football. Also, with being based in Edinburgh, we would attract bigger crowds (could eventually expand Tynecastle considerably) and attract serious investment (on a minority basis so that FOH is still maj. shareholder) which allows us to compete at the top level.

It isn't unimaginable.

Scottish football - like so much of Scotland, unfortunately - is so amateur compared to other nations. Why the **** would we want to keep playing utter horse crap like Hamilton 4 times a season when we could be playing Leeds, Spurs, Chelsea, Aston Villa, Man City, Newcastle etc. The top 3-4 leagues in England have very good teams with proper supporters and big grounds and a lot more to offer us than the utter crap that is most Scottish teams.

Hearts would certainly not be the only Scottish team to benefit from this. We all would.

What a load of 🤣😂😭😢😴

On 15/08/2020 at 16:12, JJ93 said:

Hearts might be better off in England suggests ex-chairman Leslie Deans

Tynecastle club ‘is being punished for misdemeanours by Celtic and Aberdeen’

profile.png?width=200&crop=1:1,smart

Leslie Deans has suggested Hearts supporters would now welcome their side petitioning to join the English league after the latest perceived injustice to be visited on the Tynecastle club.

“The whole thing frankly stinks. If they were offered the opportunity for Hearts to up sticks and leave Scottish football and join the English football league, I wonder how many of the Hearts rank and file support would say: ‘you know what, we would prefer that option’.

“Would it be sad? Of course, it would be. We are located in the country’s capital. But there comes a limit to the amount of cr*p you can take. And this frankly takes the biscuit.”

One slaver quoting another slaver 😴

8 hours ago, JJ93 said:

I know the SNP love authoritarianism and state interference of every kind but if they ever tried to interfere in a business transaction like this, they’d shoot themselves in the head even faster than they otherwise would. 

Not a chance. 

Ah now we're getting down to the nitty gritty. 

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

‘DYING TO BE IN THE SPFL’

wow, I admire the strength of your conviction on this matter. However they (the SPFL) are really not worth taking that course of action.

Please remember it’s just a game. We don’t want anybody getting hurt during this debate. Please don’t do anything foolish. Take care and look after yourself Smithee, all the best.

I reserve the right to do foolish things JF, but best to you and yours too. 

willie wallace

In a year's time we will be having another party at Easter Rd.after the first derby of the season..

Or we could be heading to the backwaters of English football with a Hearts team full of players you have never heard of.

I am as angry as anyone on here and I want us to get over this and come back fighting on the park 

We are not going to England.

25 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

In a year's time we will be having another party at Easter Rd.after the first derby of the season..

Or we could be heading to the backwaters of English football with a Hearts team full of players you have never heard of.

I am as angry as anyone on here and I want us to get over this and come back fighting on the park 

We are not going to England.

How many times do we need to do that though? 

Ibrox 4 

Davisgate

Romanov's factually accurate rants

Points deduction relegation season

anyone of the hundreds of times Collum, Dallas, Brines etc. ****ed us with zero recourse for that individual. 

Every club in Scotland near enough turning their backs on us

***** like Donald Findlay and his shitty wee team having a say on what happens to us

A voting system which is designed to fail

rampant self interest

A siege mentality works when there is an end date. We can't keep this never ending mentality up against a governing body that is malevolently setting out to **** us with us having literally zero way to settle the score. I think at a certain point, you need to just admit defeat, and leave them to it. The SFA are the type that would cut down the last tree on earth because they wanted firewood. They are so ****ing short sighted, terrible at their jobs and downright vicious in their bowling club mentality outlook that we will never create the sort of change that is necessary to create that level playing field every club deserves. 

For the hundreds if not thousands of pounds fans pour into this club year after year, we deserve a chance to operate in a league where there is a level playing field. Where its not been decided that 1 or 2 clubs are going to get all of the attention and every ****ing 50/50 decision on the field, where its not been decided that every referee is going to come from a stones throw away from the city that just happens to contain the two biggest clubs in the country. Where the media actually support more than 2 clubs and can actually be trusted to offer impartial coverage. 

Look, I get you're trying to galvanise but honestly, I'm exhausted of this never ending fight against what is a biased, corrupt monopoly that will never change. There is zero accountability for the SFAs actions. Why should we continue to subject ourselves to this utter nonsense? 

I fully expect more **** ups and for Maxwell who is so clearly qualified for the role he holds to decide that the lower leagues can't be done this season, or theres not going to be any promotion this year. Or whatever hair brained plan is hatched by those repugnant weasels stealing a living from our national game. 

willie wallace
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Ibrox 4 

Davisgate

anyone of the hundreds of times Collum, Dallas, Brines etc. ****ed us with zero recourse for that individual. 

***** like Donald Findlay and his shitty wee team having a say on what happens to us

rampant self interest

A siege mentality works when there is an end date. We can't keep this never ending mentality up against a governing body that is malevolently setting out to **** us with us having literally zero way to settle the score. I think at a certain point, you need to just admit defeat, and leave them to it. The SFA are the type that would cut down the last tree on earth because they wanted firewood. They are so ****ing short sighted, terrible at their jobs and downright vicious in their bowling club mentality outlook that we will never create the sort of change that is necessary to create that level playing field every club deserves. 

For the hundreds if not thousands of pounds fans pour into this club year after year, we deserve a chance to operate in a league where there is a level playing field. Where its not been decided that 1 or 2 clubs are going to get all of the attention and every ****ing 50/50 decision on the field, where its not been decided that every referee is going to come from a stones throw away from the city that just happens to contain the two biggest clubs in the country. Where the media actually support more than 2 clubs and can actually be trusted to offer impartial coverage. 

Look, I get you're trying to galvanise but honestly, I'm exhausted of this never ending fight against what is a biased, corrupt monopoly that will never change. There is zero accountability for the SFAs actions. Why should we continue to subject ourselves to this utter nonsense? 

I fully expect more **** ups and for Maxwell who is so clearly qualified for the role he holds to decide that the lower leagues can't be done this season, or theres not going to be any promotion this year. Or whatever hair brained plan is hatched by those repugnant weasels stealing a living from our national game. 

I understand fans being disillusioned by the current set up in Scotland but in one way or another it has  always been like this.

I agree with your point about everyone turning against us.We did nothing wrong yet we became the bad guys in all this.

Of course it was every man for themselves in the beginning and that includes ICT,Patrick and the others.

I don't know the solution but we are a Scottish team and this is where we play.

17 minutes ago, OTT said:

Ibrox 4 

Davisgate

rampant self interest

Excellent post.

If we do investigate joining the EFL by whatever means, it has to be because we want to realise the true potential of our club and not because we are walking away from an abusive relationship. We need to run towards a better future not run away from a bad past. 

If, by our actions, meaningful change is instigated In the Scottish game, then all well and good. We cannot bluff however and need to be sincere about our intentions to, at least, investigate the possibilities.

2 hours ago, OTT said:

Ibrox 4 

Davisgate

rampant self interest

Excellent post. 

Oh ..... Hearts have a Scottish Cup Semi to prepare for BUT they can’t!

Not attempting to use this as justification for a move to the EFL. Just highlighting how stupid and ignorant and backward thinking the SPFL & SFA are!

Bazzas right boot

The English league isn't great. 

Outwith the to flight, clubs struggle to survive, the money gets kept at the top. 

Big clubs in the past, fight like rats to get promoted, no chance if a cup or Europe. 

Salary caps for lower league teams but not top flight, that stinks Tbh. 

The lower leagues never finished there either, teams were promoted and relegated when the music stopped. 

They aren't as openly corrupt or bent to aid two sides, that the only difference. 

Hard to imagine but England would care less about us than Scotland, we'd be a fly to swat. 

49 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The English league isn't great. 

Outwith the to flight, clubs struggle to survive, the money gets kept at the top. 

Big clubs in the past, fight like rats to get promoted, no chance if a cup or Europe. 

Salary caps for lower league teams but not top flight, that stinks Tbh. 

The lower leagues never finished there either, teams were promoted and relegated when the music stopped. 

They aren't as openly corrupt or bent to aid two sides, that the only difference. 

Hard to imagine but England would care less about us than Scotland, we'd be a fly to swat. 

Edinburgh is a fast growing city which could easily support a club in the Championship or EPL. The chance for Hearts to grow in the English league are phenomenal. The fact that the SFA and SPFL are targeting Hearts and deliberately damaging us makes it incumbent that the club at least explore this option.  

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

Edinburgh is a fast growing city which could easily support a club in the Championship or EPL. The chance for Hearts to grow in the English league are phenomenal. The fact that the SFA and SPFL are targeting Hearts and deliberately damaging us makes it incumbent that the club at least explore this option.  

Edinburgh is also in Scotland.