Should Hearts take legal action for being expelled from the top flight?

kila

Legal action poll  

1,059 members have voted

1. 1. Should Hearts take legal action for being expelled from the top flight?

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, b-reed said:

all clubs will get a vote on this at the AGM meeting but not looking good at the moment still looking like 80%/20% in support of the SPFL....

And what has next week’s EGM on Rangers resolution got to do with whether Hearts take legal action?  You’re not the sharpest tool in the box are you?  Now off you toddle back to .Net. 

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• davemclaren

• SMJ_1874

Section Q

I think it's better to go down unfairly rather than stay up in a contentious way. But I would expect compensation for the money lost...!

1 minute ago, DaveT1984 said:

This is actually irrelevant, it’s only when the SPFL themselves decide to ‘eject’ us that legal action can be taken. The Rangers stuff is a bit of a side show. 

will the SPFL not just be following its member clubs if it states the season cant be finished.....

davemclaren
15 minutes ago, Gambo said:

The club have to give the fans something to get behind.

There are posts on here and social media of Hearts fans giving up on Scottish Football, and not just away games.

The club need to get fans onside, and rolling over and accepting it just wont cut it for a lot imo.

We need every fan we can get just now, but they need something to get behind.

I think you are right but it depends on us having a winnable case. The next days/weeks will be interesting. 

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, DaveT1984 said:

This is actually irrelevant, it’s only when the SPFL themselves decide to ‘eject’ us that legal action can be taken. The Rangers stuff is a bit of a side show. 

He’s absolutely reeking of vermin.  

I feel that the six clubs who voted against this will be shocked to here that the compensation money will come from their pot.

Just have to also hope that Rangers take their end to court and money is withheld as long as possible. 

Clubs going to the wall is the only redress we have and if it happens due to us getting compensation then so be it 

soonbe110
37 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

No one outwith the premier league could afford this and they won’t take the gamble Gambo. It would be us and the Hun. I’m not sure the Hun would want to go down this route with the hefty legal bill attached to it. Seeing as we have the most to lose then we’d end up standing alone. And that’s a gamble we won’t take unfortunately. We’ll need our money to sign a new squad. The club will bank on the loyal support selling the same ST’s as last year to help us through the lean times. We’ll have a good payday with semi SC at Murrayfield and hopefully a payday in the final with a chance to get our revenge from last year. These are our contingency plans. There will be no legal fight and I’m pretty certain of this.

Why would any Hearts fan go to a semi that will financially benefit three of the clubs who just today have voted to expel us from the top league? 
They have just made the semi unfair given we will have to play it with a championship squad rather than a premiership squad. A point missed by many including you it seems. 
The ramifications of what s going on are many and deep. The financial implications for us are potentially a lot more than the £3m that’s been mentioned.  The cup impact is probably at least £0.75m alone. 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Why would any Hearts fan go to a semi that will financially benefit three of the clubs who just today have voted to expel us from the top league? 
They have just made the semi unfair given we will have to play it with a championship squad rather than a premiership squad. A point missed by many including you it seems. 
The ramifications of what s going on are many and deep. The financial implications for us are potentially a lot more than the £3m that’s been mentioned.  The cup impact is probably at least £0.75m alone. 

the other question would they by november actually allow fans into stadia to watch matches? and if they do will there be a reduced capacity?

soonbe110
38 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Going to trial in any case is gamble. We’d need more than a reasonable case to proceed. The SPFL have something on their side that will sway favour in any court as dungduster and his ilk will say they had to make a decision to save other members clubs by ending things now. Covid 19 has caused this and due to the pandemic across the globe, we are fighting a losing battle. I wear my heart on my sleeve and would love to challenge the SPFL and have our day in court but it won’t happen, despite what anyone thinks or wants. All we had to do was beat St Mirren and we wouldn’t even be having this conversation right now. 

So you wouldn’t have been arguing for recon to save St.Mirren?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
28 minutes ago, swedishjambo said:

cos we were hopeless. it was our players that put us where we are, you get out of it what you put in. clearly we are lacking in the football dept. Until we face up to that we will get nowhere

The season isn't finished. A few other clubs have sat bottom at points through the season  

Its not ****ing musical chairs

soonbe110
47 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

No one outwith the premier league could afford this and they won’t take the gamble Gambo. It would be us and the Hun. I’m not sure the Hun would want to go down this route with the hefty legal bill attached to it. Seeing as we have the most to lose then we’d end up standing alone. And that’s a gamble we won’t take unfortunately. We’ll need our money to sign a new squad. The club will bank on the loyal support selling the same ST’s as last year to help us through the lean times. We’ll have a good payday with semi SC at Murrayfield and hopefully a payday in the final with a chance to get our revenge from last year. These are our contingency plans. There will be no legal fight and I’m pretty certain of this.

Mrs Budge has very deep pockets and she got us to where we are. I’d expect her to fund the legal action. 

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

So you wouldn’t have been arguing for recon to save St.Mirren?

:notsure: 

soonbe110
31 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Of course I do and I know this for good reason. They plan to play the SC semi around November and the final in December. They won’t cancel the cup this year. There’s too much money to be made by the SFA and they all need the funds. The Edinburgh derby semi final is a bigger payday than the sheep and the green erse cheek for them. We will also get a big Payday and we need to make the final. That is one of our contingency plans for being in the championship. The SFA wil hope to sell our game to the highest bigger. They’ll hold off until crowds are allowed back but these ties won’t be played behind closed doors. Theres also the fact Celtic will apply pressure to play this to a finish and be able to claim their quadruple treble. 

Have you been drinking? ‘We have to make the final’ - our top striker by November will be Wighton, we won’t have Smith, Boyce, Washington, Halkett, Hickey et al. Very unlikely we will beat Hibs even if it’s played at ER. 

7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

There’s been no point been missed by me. Whatever players we lose then we’ll

replace them with better than we have. We have championship players just now and that’s why we’re in this mess. Maybe that’s a point missed by you and many others on here. 

soonbe110
2 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

:notsure: 

So it’s wrong only because it’s Hearts? What about Falkirk? 

portobellojambo1
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Have you been drinking? ‘We have to make the final’ - our top striker by November will be Wighton, we won’t have Smith, Boyce, Washington, Halkett, Hickey et al. Very unlikely we will beat Hibs even if it’s played at ER. 

What makes you think none of the players mentioned above will be staying at Tynecastle ?

soonbe110
Just now, Saughton Jambo said:

There’s been no point been missed by me. Whatever players we lose then we’ll

replace them with better than we have. We have championship players just now and that’s why we’re in this mess. Maybe that’s a point missed by you and many others on here. 

You are dreaming. Regardless of what anyone’s view is of management, tactics etc we currently have at least 9 internationalists on our books. How many championship clubs have even a third of that quantity. Yes performances were poor but you can’t really believe we have a championship squad at the moment. And even if we did the current squad would swoosh the championship 

Nookie Bear
56 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Don’t fight this and our support will plummet because the club is giving us nothing to get behind. 

And the SFA can shove their semi final up their arses. 

Edited by Nookie Bear

53 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Says the Sellick sympathiser.

’God bless’

Wow....

Wow......   Been going to see hearts and when my  man was alive some easter road games.......

Only time I've backed for Celtic and. Rangers is Europe.......

Did not think my working. Class Catholic  upbringing made me a lesser person.....

32 minutes ago, Homme said:

Yep. Theyll take it out everyone's prize money. 

Pretty sure they gave that as a reason to vote against EGM etc. 

Sounds good to me.

soonbe110
3 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

What makes you think none of the players mentioned above will be staying at Tynecastle ?

If we are in championship, relegation clauses kick in, most will want to leave esp Irish contingent, we will want the money from their transfer fees plus getting them off the payroll. Hickey has to go soon for contract reasons ,Bozanic contract up.  Only ones we would retain would be Bobby, Naismith and Soutar and only then because he won’t be fit. 

portobellojambo1

In terms of going to court the answer should be yes, but at the same time I think it has to depend on what sort of case we can put together, and the potential cost of that. I don't think a QC or WS come cheap and if any legal proceedings became extensive then the cost could become very expensive. I'm not sure if it is worth the club considering the Court of Arbitration for Sport, or if they already have. But again I've got no idea what the costs would be in presenting a winning case to them.

19 minutes ago, Rods said:

I feel that the six clubs who voted against this will be shocked to here that the compensation money will come from their pot.

Just have to also hope that Rangers take their end to court and money is withheld as long as possible. 

Clubs going to the wall is the only redress we have and if it happens due to us getting compensation then so be it 

Hearts and Rangers working in tandem to bankrupt the SPFL and all its shitty little clubs relying on the away fans dime to finance their wee tinpot operations

:glorious:

jaywalker

I voted but I want you to disregard that vote, I will vote again later when I've had a chance to speak to my mate Neil.

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Do you even know what the clubs contingent plans are for the championship? Ffs people on here wanting us to spend £100’s of thousands on legal action we can’t afford. This will set us back even further. It’s a fight we can’t win and I know AB won’t take the gamble.  

The NFL are confident they’ll be playing to full crowds by September. This will set the precedent for crowds to attend live games. The players you mention are all contracted to Hearts and won’t be going anywhere unless we sell them. when we beat the hobos in the semi we’ll still have the majority of the squad we have now and all on the same wages. I can only see Hickey and Smith leaving.

As for drinking then I think you’re having a few yourself as your not thinking rationally with the content of your posts. I’m not looking for a verbal spat with you SB. It’s a forum for opinions about HMFC. I’ve had mines and you’ve had yours. I’m up early as I’m working tomorrow and as sober as the proverbial judge.

I’m turning in now and won’t be replying to this thread again. 

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, OTT said:

Hearts and Rangers working in tandem to bankrupt the SPFL and all its shitty little clubs relying on the away fans dime to finance their wee tinpot operations

:glorious:

What if Rangers voted against reconstruction?

portobellojambo1
9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

If we are in championship, relegation clauses kick in, most will want to leave esp Irish contingent, we will want the money from their transfer fees plus getting them off the payroll. Hickey has to go soon for contract reasons ,Bozanic contract up.  Only ones we would retain would be Bobby, Naismith and Soutar and only then because he won’t be fit. 

I understand what you are saying but I'm not sure there will be as many as you think who will look to move on. I don't think there will be many clubs, especially those in leagues South of the border, who are likely to be looking to recruit many, if any, players for maybe the foreseeable future. If they are guaranteed employment at HMFC, even if on a reduced salary, that may be a reasonably appealing option to some players. Just a thought though, I've got no idea how it will all pan out.

Edited by portobellojambo1

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

What if Rangers voted against reconstruction?

Don't do this to me Dave. 

giphy.gif

jambo-in-furness
2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

What do you think their decision would have been?

it doesn’t really matter, at least they would’ve taken possession instead of passing the buck and being salaried for doing nothing.

AB has been very naive..played like a fiddle. Just too much of a lady..thinking she could trust these people to do the right thing by correcting the horrendous resolution that was presented to the clubs.

She doesn't have to consider options, there is only one now... and  is through the football pyramid for appeals, then legal action.

Likely Hearts can go immediately to the legal route and sue and have this thing reversed . Doesn't matter what whoever's  rule book says about no legal challenges.

Lawyers don't cost millions... get a good legal group together and go all the way.

AB has to realise that, in football, there are no friends. They will cut your throat while shaking their free hand with yours if it benefits them.

Stop being so nice..be like them. Go after them, take them down. They are all laughing at Hearts that we have wasted so much time on something that, in reality, didn't stand a chance of being accepted. 

Enough time has been wasted already.  It makes me furious that, despite a clear path to get the legal team set up, we are in this really unacceptable and unlawful situation.   

Get tough, hard nosed, no nonsense legal people to go with tremendous aggression.

No more one man band style friendly talks.

This cannot stand.

Edited by rogers

soonbe110
7 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Do you even know what the clubs contingent plans are for the championship? Ffs people on here wanting us to spend £100’s of thousands on legal action we can’t afford. This will set us back even further. It’s a fight we can’t win and I know AB won’t take the gamble.  

The NFL are confident they’ll be playing to full crowds by September. This will set the precedent for crowds to attend live games. The players you mention are all contracted to Hearts and won’t be going anywhere unless we sell them. when we beat the hobos in the semi we’ll still have the majority of the squad we have now and all on the same wages. I can only see Hickey and Smith leaving.

As for drinking then I think you’re having a few yourself as your not thinking rationally with the content of your posts. I’m not looking for a verbal spat with you SB. It’s a forum for opinions about HMFC. I’ve had mines and you’ve had yours. I’m up early as I’m working tomorrow and as sober as the proverbial judge.

I’m turning in now and won’t be replying to this thread again. 

I’d be surprised and very disappointed if you know what they are. 
I said I thought Mrs Budge should fund the legal action out of her own pocket. If I was her I would. She got us here, she has very deep pockets. 
Not sure what relevance the NFL has to Scottish or British football. I’d be amazed if we are playing any sport in front of full stadia by September. Of course the disinfectant cure might have been proven correct by then but I doubt it. 
Sorry but I just can’t see any merit in what you are suggesting and if you are as close to Mrs Budge as you suggest you are I hope she has you on ignore. 

soonbe110
10 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I understand what you are saying but I'm not sure there will be as many as you think who will look to move on. I don't think there will be many clubs, especially those in leagues South of the border, who are likely to be looking to recruit many, if any, players for maybe the foreseeable future. If they are guaranteed employment at HMFC, even if on a reduced salary, that may be a reasonably appealing option to some players. Just a thought though, I've got no idea how it will all pan out.

You could be right but i think international careers will be over if they are playing second tier in Scotland. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
42 minutes ago, Section Q said:

I think it's better to go down unfairly rather than stay up in a contentious way. But I would expect compensation for the money lost...!

There's a bit of merit in that,  in fair society,  but you may never see that in our time. 

A pandemic and we fail to operate in a civil manner.  So it likely makes no difference having moral high ground. 

If there is a silver lining. 

We will be released from expensive contracts that are going to be a noose round other clubs 

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I’d be surprised and very disappointed if you know what they are. 
I said I thought Mrs Budge should fund the legal action out of her own pocket. If I was her I would. She got us here, she has very deep pockets. 
Not sure what relevance the NFL has to Scottish or British football. I’d be amazed if we are playing any sport in front of full stadia by September. Of course the disinfectant cure might have been proven correct by then but I doubt it. 
Sorry but I just can’t see any merit in what you are suggesting and if you are as close to Mrs Budge as you suggest you are I hope she has you on ignore. 

I wasn’t  going to respond but some of your connotations are inflammatory to say the least. I never once said I was close to AB. I’ve been in her company a few times but that was it. You’re putting words in your own mouth there. I said I was close to a close family member of hers If you read my posts properly. 

This is a global  pandemic and if crowds return successfully to any sport worldwide then a blueprint will be followed football clubs around the world. The SC will be given every chance to resume with paying crowds in attendance. They will give this at least 6 months to the end of the year but the intention is to play this to a conclusion this year. 

If you were AB you’d fund a legal challenge from your own pocket 😳 ...yeh good one! What makes you think she’s fit money to burn and if any legal challenge was mounted then the club would have to pay and not Ann herself. Without revealing what I know and by whom then I’ll leave this here. There’s no point in debating with anyone who doesn’t want to listen.

As for your disappointment in me having any insight or connection with management at Tynecastle then I can assure you my business and contributions are very much valued down Gorgie way. 

Tynecastlesmychurch

No we are being demoted not relegated. We go down with at least a bit of pride. They’ve decided to shaft us. Let’s build a real everyone’s the enemy /fortress mentality. Keep backing the club financially. And for the love of god start running the football department with some degree of competence!

We will be back! 

Edited by Tynecastlesmychurch

2 hours ago, Paint the town maroon said:

I voted No. does that mean I am barred from this forum 😱🙃🙄

Given the decision is a SPFL board decision (100%) and given the board have asked club to make decision (81% voted for it) then we have limited legal grounds in my opinion. Certainly not to overturn a relegation decision, compensation? Maybe but I just don’t think we have the time and money to go after this.

We need to ship out players, find a new manager (Robbo), transition AB out and build a young hungry squad to get out of the championship. Getting the supporters back on side is crucial. If we can do all that and get compensation great. I just don’t see it.

Have you been asleep for the last two months  ?

Brown1982

Scottish football really is the biggest joke ever words actually fail me to describe it.  Blatant corruption and vote rigging and bribery clear for all to see.  ***** little clubs who are not even a drop in the ocean in the world of football full of self importance and will use any set of circumstances to look after their own interests.  It is now a fact that the whole game in this country has zero integrity whatsoever and if I wasn’t taken to Tynecastle as a small boy with my dad and my brother and had some amazing memories with them I would have bugger all to do with any of it.  I love HMFC they will always have a special place in my life and I will always support them and follow them but wow I can’t even put into words what I think about how badly this whole situation has been handled and the outright corruption and bribery that’s clearly went on with the likes of Dundee etc.  You really couldn’t make any of this up.  Bunch of absolute ******** the lot of them.  They will get what’s coming to them.  If anything this should galvanise us as a club and as a community of Hearts supporters and if they players have any sort of backbone in them at all which is clearly very questionable then they should be absolutely climbing the walls to get back on that pitch and make this right.  I’m really curious now to see what other leagues in other countries are going to do to teams in our positions as this is surely not right and as I said very damaging to the integrity of our game. 

2 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

As a match partner with HMFC and someone who puts in approx £20k every year into our coffers then I know we will not take this fight to the SPFL. It’s not a case of bending over and taking it. We have no legal standing to take this forward if the powers that be decide that the leagues are finished now then that’s our fate. We can’t afford an expensive legal fight. You are talking about a hefty 6 figure sum to take this all the way. Management will not take the gamble with this despite the protestations on jkb. Sorry to burst your bubble Dave

We can't afford not to at least take advice on this.

If we are not going to proceed with action then the reasons will have to be spelt out clearly by the board of HMFC.

Fans are raging about this and inaction coupled with the performance of the team this last year will probably drive many fans away from football permanently. 

Are you really saying we have to bow to the corruption of the SPFL and do nothing  ?

SpikeDudley
1 hour ago, Section Q said:

why?

stevie1874
2 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Of course I do and I know this for good reason. They plan to play the SC semi around November and the final in December. They won’t cancel the cup this year. There’s too much money to be made by the SFA and they all need the funds. The Edinburgh derby semi final is a bigger payday than the sheep and the green erse cheek for them. We will also get a big Payday and we need to make the final. That is one of our contingency plans for being in the championship. The SFA wil hope to sell our game to the highest bigger. They’ll hold off until crowds are allowed back but these ties won’t be played behind closed doors. Theres also the fact Celtic will apply pressure to play this to a finish and be able to claim their quadruple treble. 

So we could have played no games if only games are behind closed doors streamed on tv In premier league and then expected to play a game against our neighbours in a cup semi final. You honestly think the fans would be up for that ? 🤔

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

You could be right but i think international careers will be over if they are playing second tier in Scotland. 

There won't be many clubs looking to take players from us . It just ain't going to happen . The squad we have just now don't have much hope of moving on 

18Jambo_dave74

Celtic, Aberdeen and Hibs have all voted to end the season but they still want to play the Scottish Cup to a conclusion? Are you ******* kidding me? 

Hibs vote to end the season and demote us out the league knowing that we will lose millions of pounds; our manager likely leaves; players like Hickey/Smith/Boyce likely to leave and have the nerve to still want the semi final to go ahead? And Petrie thinks the game can be played at Murrayfield! I’m sure we’ve suggested that before and we’re told we’d have an unfair advantage...

Of course Celtic will want their 367th trophy in a row as well - we mustn’t get in the way of that happening.

Shove their Scottish Cup. **** them! 

cosanostra

Budge should fight this fiercely with all resources available to her and if she doesn't she should do the honourable thing and resign.

She is highly culpable with regards to us being in this position and it's time to either show the fans that this is unacceptable or get out now and hand over to someone with the stomach for a fight.