Should Hearts take legal action for being expelled from the top flight?

kila

Legal action poll  

1,059 members have voted

1. 1. Should Hearts take legal action for being expelled from the top flight?

DaveT1984
5 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Unfortunately I’m inclined to agree. The SPFL and SFA are sorry it to the core. We’ll never win this. Liewell probaly has some smelltic beak in their pocket. Their lawyers will be better than our lawyers. There was no smoking gun and our cause is futile. We could spend 100’s of thousands in legal fees and the net result will be the same. Take our medicine, regroup, keep our powder dry and live to fight another day. We need to save our cash and spend it wisely. I hate the governing bodies and I wish them nothing but abject failure. I’ll never support the national team agin until there’s a complete rebuild of the internal infrastructure. However there’s more than one way to skin a cat and if we, the fans have solidarity then we can make waves when required. Better together is it not? 

Let’s just bend over and take the medicine ... you have to be kidding. I agree it’s going to take £’000’s but a fight worth fighting if there was ever one. It’s unfortunately going to need to be fan funded! Who’s in!

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• davemclaren

• SMJ_1874

Lord Beni of Gorgie
15 minutes ago, Paint the town maroon said:

I voted No. does that mean I am barred from this forum 😱🙃🙄

Given the decision is a SPFL board decision (100%) and given the board have asked club to make decision (81% voted for it) then we have limited legal grounds in my opinion. Certainly not to overturn a relegation decision, compensation? Maybe but I just don’t think we have the time and money to go after this.

We need to ship out players, find a new manager (Robbo), transition AB out and build a young hungry squad to get out of the championship. Getting the supporters back on side is crucial. If we can do all that and get compensation great. I just don’t see it.

Totally disagree. Pathetic effort. 

colinmaroon

I voted but waiting on a threatening phone call and a hidden bribe to change my vote.

Have to go, the wife has just told me there's a donkey on the phone.

PS Too late stupid donkey fell off.

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, Rods said:

Sounds like Falkirk are up for this aswell could be a joint effort on the go 

Based on what?

35 minutes ago, Paint the town maroon said:

I voted No. does that mean I am barred from this forum 😱🙃🙄

Given the decision is a SPFL board decision (100%) and given the board have asked club to make decision (81% voted for it) then we have limited legal grounds in my opinion. Certainly not to overturn a relegation decision, compensation? Maybe but I just don’t think we have the time and money to go after this.

We need to ship out players, find a new manager (Robbo), transition AB out and build a young hungry squad to get out of the championship. Getting the supporters back on side is crucial. If we can do all that and get compensation great. I just don’t see it.

We are down the court case would be about reparations. 

I also note your point about getting out of the championship. Winning it does not guarentee promotion. Teams don’t care about sporting integrity. 

1 minute ago, DaveT1984 said:

Let’s just bend over and take the medicine ... you have to be kidding. I agree it’s going to take £’000’s but a fight worth fighting if there was ever one. It’s unfortunately going to need to be fan funded! Who’s in!

As a match partner with HMFC and someone who puts in approx £20k every year into our coffers then I know we will not take this fight to the SPFL. It’s not a case of bending over and taking it. We have no legal standing to take this forward if the powers that be decide that the leagues are finished now then that’s our fate. We can’t afford an expensive legal fight. You are talking about a hefty 6 figure sum to take this all the way. Management will not take the gamble with this despite the protestations on jkb. Sorry to burst your bubble Dave

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Based on what?

There latest statement I would hope they can be persuaded to join us in suing for damages. 

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, swedishjambo said:

take our punishment or medicine and move on. It was self administered after all!

Jog on, Ikea Puss

8 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

As a match partner with HMFC and someone who puts in approx £20k every year into our coffers then I know we will not take this fight to the SPFL. It’s not a case of bending over and taking it. We have no legal standing to take this forward if the powers that be decide that the leagues are finished now then that’s our fate. We can’t afford an expensive legal fight. You are talking about a hefty 6 figure sum to take this all the way. Management will not take the gamble with this despite the protestations on jkb. Sorry to burst your bubble Dave

Cost would be split if other clubs were involved.

Other think there is a legal standing to take this forward.

Could the SPFL afford a court case, could leagues start again?

Official_AB

Hefty 6 figures! 

so say 30,000 fans across Falkirk, Hearts, Stranraer, Patrick Thistle 

chips in £30 a head, some will do more &  Some less so there’s 900k for a legal battle

this can happen & should happen 

5 minutes ago, Rods said:

We are down the court case would be about reparations. 

I also note your point about getting out of the championship. Winning it does not guarentee promotion. Teams don’t care about sporting integrity. 

Yup. They've made the ejection angle hard to dispute by tying up prize money releasing to the vote to end the season. 

Now its about burning them to the ground for reparations. No settling. 

54 minutes ago, hueyview said:

No.........      Just have A good season of wins and seeing different grounnds. And coming up....

Says the Sellick sympathiser.

’God bless’

22games nro
6 minutes ago, swedishjambo said:

take our punishment or medicine and move on. It was self administered after all!

twat , just stay on your on fans forum 

This may be wishful thinking but Budge did mention 3 million pound losses. Maybe she was always going to go for reparations and had to go through the reconstruction bullshit to tick some boxes. 

I would expect Hearts, Partick, Stranraer maybe even Falkirk to want some form of compensation for the untimely dismissal. 

I would also expect another twist as Nelms has been made out to be a right fud here he must have had some assurances those have now not been fufiled perhaps he wants to spill the beans. 

DaveT1984
1 minute ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I agree the club won’t do it unless they have a fighting fund. I suspect there is a case, and if not there is clearly a morale obligation to fight this. We are being ‘ejected’ by the self Interest of member clubs? Would we do any different if shoe in other foot, I would like to think so but put simply everyone is looking after themselves and we are the collateral damage.  The other member clubs think they are being clever but let’s see how clever they feel if there is prospect of paying damages of £3m a season for ‘ejection’ of a member club in their self interest. 

Fozzyonthefence
9 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

How do you know we have no legal standing?  Are you a lawyer?  We’ve already seen some legal opinion saying we have a reasonable case. 

3 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Cost would be split if other clubs were involved.

Other think there is a legal standing to take this forward.

Could the SPFL afford a court case, could leagues start again?

No one outwith the premier league could afford this and they won’t take the gamble Gambo. It would be us and the Hun. I’m not sure the Hun would want to go down this route with the hefty legal bill attached to it. Seeing as we have the most to lose then we’d end up standing alone. And that’s a gamble we won’t take unfortunately. We’ll need our money to sign a new squad. The club will bank on the loyal support selling the same ST’s as last year to help us through the lean times. We’ll have a good payday with semi SC at Murrayfield and hopefully a payday in the final with a chance to get our revenge from last year. These are our contingency plans. There will be no legal fight and I’m pretty certain of this.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 minutes ago, swedishjambo said:

Why is that then?

Official_AB

Can we at least try show some fight! Even us a supporters, should we setup a just giving fund & can always send to club to help if needed with bills etc 

4 minutes ago, Rods said:

This may be wishful thinking but Budge did mention 3 million pound losses. Maybe she was always going to go for reparations and had to go through the reconstruction bullshit to tick some boxes. 

I would expect Hearts, Partick, Stranraer maybe even Falkirk to want some form of compensation for the untimely dismissal. 

I would also expect another twist as Nelms has been made out to be a right fud here he must have had some assurances those have now not been fufiled perhaps he wants to spill the beans. 

This is actually a very fair point. I suspect he was naive enough to believe whatever he was fed. Hopefully this has opened his eyes to the self interest and toxic culture within the SPFL.

Perhaps he'll assist Rangers in helping oust these *****. If not, then we can assume the bribe hasn't came to fruition yet and is still to come. 

1 minute ago, Saughton Jambo said:

No one outwith the premier league could afford this and they won’t take the gamble Gambo. It would be us and the Hun. I’m not sure the Hun would want to go down this route with the hefty legal bill attached to it. Seeing as we have the most to lose then we’d end up standing alone. And that’s a gamble we won’t take unfortunately. We’ll need our money to sign a new squad. The club will bank on the loyal support selling the same ST’s as last year to help us through the lean times. We’ll have a good payday with semi SC at Murrayfield and hopefully a payday in the final with a chance to get our revenge from last year. These are our contingency plans. There will be no legal fight and I’m pretty certain of this.

Agree with most of what you say . But can't see us signing a new squad .how do we get rid of the current squad

3 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Are you living on a different planet Semi at Murrayfield wtf you actually believe that utter nonsense.

2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

How do you know we have no legal standing?  Are you a lawyer?  We’ve already seen some legal opinion saying we have a reasonable case. 

Going to trial in any case is gamble. We’d need more than a reasonable case to proceed. The SPFL have something on their side that will sway favour in any court as dungduster and his ilk will say they had to make a decision to save other members clubs by ending things now. Covid 19 has caused this and due to the pandemic across the globe, we are fighting a losing battle. I wear my heart on my sleeve and would love to challenge the SPFL and have our day in court but it won’t happen, despite what anyone thinks or wants. All we had to do was beat St Mirren and we wouldn’t even be having this conversation right now. 

7 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Do you really believe these games will happen???????

Official_AB

Kelty & Brora Rangers release a joint statement 👀

Falkirk statement 👀

its all gonna get interesting 

DaveT1984
11 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

The unfortunate reality is no football in front of crowds until a Covid vaccine is found unless I have missed something ... best case 12 months. I suspect the SF will never happen. Only football will be Premier league at Empty stadiums which we will not be part of. This isn’t a 1 season problem therefore our damages could ultimately be £3m x 2, and this may be under estimated.

Edited by DaveT1984

15 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Scottish Cup Semi Final, they can ram that. 

What you describe is IMO rolling over.

queensferryjambo

Of course we should.

The clubs in Scotland have bladed us so as far as I am concerned a long drawn out legal battle that hopefully cost other clubs their existence is fine by me.

Boycotting all the clubs who were happy to through us under the bus as well - hit them where it hurts. 

11 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

a legal case against who... I have still to hear who we have a case against... it was ten of the premier teams that voted for this... not the SPFL who are only implementing the vote of its members....

swedishjambo
24 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Jog on, Ikea Puss

you have a hand up your arse, make you crosseyed!

David McCaig
1 minute ago, b-reed said:

a legal case against who... I have still to hear who we have a case against... it was ten of the premier teams that voted for this... not the SPFL who are only implementing the vote of its members....

It was the only proposal put to a vote, the votes were directly linked to cash, the votes explicitly identified a small number of clubs to be punished to the clear advantage of the others.

Just now, deejtee said:

Do you really believe these games will happen???????

Of course I do and I know this for good reason. They plan to play the SC semi around November and the final in December. They won’t cancel the cup this year. There’s too much money to be made by the SFA and they all need the funds. The Edinburgh derby semi final is a bigger payday than the sheep and the green erse cheek for them. We will also get a big Payday and we need to make the final. That is one of our contingency plans for being in the championship. The SFA wil hope to sell our game to the highest bigger. They’ll hold off until crowds are allowed back but these ties won’t be played behind closed doors. Theres also the fact Celtic will apply pressure to play this to a finish and be able to claim their quadruple treble. 

swedishjambo
14 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Why is that then?

cos we were hopeless. it was our players that put us where we are, you get out of it what you put in. clearly we are lacking in the football dept. Until we face up to that we will get nowhere

JAMBO _MOBY
32 minutes ago, swedishjambo said:

What was self administered? 

The club have to give the fans something to get behind.

There are posts on here and social media of Hearts fans giving up on Scottish Football, and not just away games.

The club need to get fans onside, and rolling over and accepting it just wont cut it for a lot imo.

We need every fan we can get just now, but they need something to get behind.

DaveT1984
9 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Of course I do and I know this for good reason. They plan to play the SC semi around November and the final in December. They won’t cancel the cup this year. There’s too much money to be made by the SFA and they all need the funds. The Edinburgh derby semi final is a bigger payday than the sheep and the green erse cheek for them. We will also get a big Payday and we need to make the final. That is one of our contingency plans for being in the championship. The SFA wil hope to sell our game to the highest bigger. They’ll hold off until crowds are allowed back but these ties won’t be played behind closed doors. Theres also the fact Celtic will apply pressure to play this to a finish and be able to claim their quadruple treble. 

I would love if this was the case, unfortunately nothing at the moment indicates this will be at all possible. Need to

keep the R below one after all! 

Edited by DaveT1984

1 hour ago, b-reed said:

who do Hearts take to court the 10 Premier teams that voted for the season to end. or the SFA/SPFL for implementing the wishes of it club members... I have heard the talk about going to court but never anyone saying who they would take to court....

The SPFL

10 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Playing a cup competition with different squads than played the 1/4 finals. Not really football is it?

I think you are kidding yourself if you think Hearts would sell allocation.

We say we aint playing, SFA dont get their money.

7 minutes ago, swedishjambo said:

cos we were hopeless. it was our players that put us where we are, you get out of it what you put in. clearly we are lacking in the football dept. Until we face up to that we will get nowhere

Beat it!

3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

The SPFL

and just what are Hearts taking the SPFL to court for... doing what its members voted for????

Edited by b-reed

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, b-reed said:

Seriously?  Where have you been the last few weeks?  How about the rigged vote for starters?  The legal advice saying Dundee can’t change their vote once it was cast to defeat the resolution? The Board not acting in the best interest of its member clubs?  The failure to disclose the potential £10 clawback from Sky and BT? The failure to discuss other alternatives?  Alleged bullying and coercion (these clubs would be required to give evidence on this rather than just give their version of events to Rangers). And you can add all the other things in Rangers dossier too.  

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Seriously?  Where have you been the last few weeks?  How about the rigged vote for starters?  The legal advice saying Dundee can’t change their vote once it was cast to defeat the resolution? The Board not acting in the best interest of its member clubs?  The failure to disclose the potential £10 clawback from Sky and BT? The failure to discuss other alternatives?  Alleged bullying and coercion (these clubs would be required to give evidence on this rather than just give their version of events to Rangers). And you can add all the other things in Rangers dossier too.  

all clubs will get a vote on this at the AGM meeting but not looking good at the moment still looking like 80%/20% in support of the SPFL....

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, b-reed said:

and just what are Hearts taking the SPFL to court for... doing what its members voted for????

Absolutely reeking.  

8094DB99-BA25-4594-B611-0CB63305FDD3.jpeg

56 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Can the SPFL afford it?

Yep. Theyll take it out everyone's prize money. 

Pretty sure they gave that as a reason to vote against EGM etc. 

DaveT1984
1 minute ago, b-reed said:

all clubs will get a vote on this at the AGM meeting but not looking good at the moment still looking like 80%/20% in support of the SPFL....

This is actually irrelevant, it’s only when the SPFL themselves decide to ‘eject’ us that legal action can be taken. The Rangers stuff is a bit of a side show. 

9 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Scottish Cup Semi Final, they can ram that. 

What you describe is IMO rolling over.

I can see why It can be seen this way but it’s our board who will ultimately decide our course of action and not the fans. This is despite what every ST holder and every FOH member think. We all have opinions and mine is one of anger against certain personnel that have got us into last place. A loanee goalkeeper who is directly responsible for at least 10 points conceded against us.  The person who signed him. The same person who forced players to play whilst unfit. The same person who signed injured players and useless players on lengthy contracts. Our hefty wage bill will ensure there’s no money left to take a gamble on legal case we probably won’t win.

My anger is aimed at the people who have got us into this mess and AB is partly to blame for this. Our boot room management structure who were given extended contracts on the say so of one individual. The same boot room who were entrusted to take training on a daily basis whilst being overseen by said individual who resides and  stayed mostly in fife whilst training went on. The same perfect candidate right here in the building who doubled his salary when given the managers job to coincide with the DOF.....And we wonder why it was just coincidence that we had so many injuries. At least DS had the temerity to call it like it is and claim it’s the most unfit squad he’s ever seen. Maybe that has something to do with the plight we currently find ourselves in. We have self imploded and it’s nothing to do with members votes and the SPFL. We won’t win any legal fight. 

Yes mate theres a lot to be angry with but it’s not against me for speaking about things I know and have been told will happen.