Jump to content
Space Pirate

Bacon Roll - Ketchup or brown sauce?

Recommended Posts

IronJambo
23 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Anyone who says roll and sausage or even worse roll ON sausage is a weegie. And I have never heard anyone in Greggs ask for clarity on whether or not a pastry sausage roll is your desired product. The pastry version should clearly be the default if ordering in Greggs and if you want the bread version then you should specify that.

A roll on sausage is the right thing to call it to make sure you don't get the wrong thing.

I remember a long time ago at college we'd ask for a link roll, a square roll or a sausage roll and you always got what you asked for

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jamhammer
On 10/05/2020 at 12:00, Sooperstar said:

This on a fish finger sandwich is incredible. Youngs Gastro Chunky Fish Fingers, ciabatta roll, and the sauce. Beautiful. 

Screenshot_20200510-115604_Tesco Groceries.jpg

Fair play Sooperstar. Had this on me fish finger roll at the weekend. Boom.

We're avin fish cakes later in the week. It'll be going on the side of the plate then too. Superb shout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sooperstar
12 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Fair play Sooperstar. Had this on me fish finger roll at the weekend. Boom.

We're avin fish cakes later in the week. It'll be going on the side of the plate then too. Superb shout.

Fantastic, glad you enjoyed it. I'm going to use that fish cake suggestion myself at some point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban

Just had a wee roll'n'sausage and black pudding with broon sauce. Magic! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morgan

Och!

 

Daft thread anyhow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Potter
On 06/05/2020 at 23:23, indianajones said:

Depends what kind of mood i am in. 

 

Happy with either. 

This.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marvin

Mods delete this thread please, I've been lying in a hospital bed since 7.00 awaiting surgery and I'm bloody starving. Every time I access the Shed this is the first topic I see.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dawnrazor
4 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Mods delete this thread please, I've been lying in a hospital bed since 7.00 awaiting surgery and I'm bloody starving. Every time I access the Shed this is the first topic I see.

 

c7b0e95209da5a0492edcd35cc52e555.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
John Gentleman

HP sauce every time (or has the thread gone completely off-topic?).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marvin
13 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

c7b0e95209da5a0492edcd35cc52e555.jpg

 

:dribble:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dawnrazor
1 minute ago, Marvin said:

 

:dribble:

Sorry, couldn't resist !!

Take care mate👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marvin
Just now, Dawnrazor said:

Sorry, couldn't resist !!

Take care mate👍

 

Nice one :thumbsup:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IronJambo
19 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Fair play Sooperstar. Had this on me fish finger roll at the weekend. Boom.

We're avin fish cakes later in the week. It'll be going on the side of the plate then too. Superb shout.

Naw min! You want to be putting a sweet chilli sauce on fishcakes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marvin

What I'd do for a bacon roll right now 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marvin
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, IronJambo said:

Naw min! You want to be putting a sweet chilli sauce on fishcakes!

 

Sounds delic. Might just do it that when I'm home from hospital.

Edited by Marvin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morgan
8 minutes ago, Marvin said:

 

Sounds delic. Might just do it that when I'm home from hospital.

Is this your brain op, Marv?

 

I wish you all the best, my friend.

 

Morgs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marvin
19 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Is this your brain op, Marv?

 

I wish you all the best, my friend.

 

Morgs

 

The very same. I'm now in the ward. All I can say is the staff here have been brilliant 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IronJambo
6 minutes ago, Marvin said:

 

The very same. I'm now in the ward. All I can say is the staff here have been brilliant 😄

Good luck dude

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marvin
3 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

Good luck dude

 

Thanks IJ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Space Pirate
8 hours ago, John Gentleman said:

HP sauce every time (or has the thread gone completely off-topic?).

 

Just out of interest, have you tried goldstar brown sauce?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morgan
1 hour ago, Marvin said:

 

The very same. I'm now in the ward. All I can say is the staff here have been brilliant 😄

Good to hear.

 

As I said (or tried to), all the best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marvin
2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Good to hear.

 

As I said (or tried to), all the best.

 

:thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BarneyBattles

I used to be tomato sauce on bacon but brown on pretty much everything else. 
 

I’m now firmly in the get decent rolls, butter and smoked bacon and you don’t need any sauce. 
 

Having said that, I don’t like thick cut bacon. I want good stuff but you need a bit crispiness in a proper bacon roll. 
 

On the subject of brown sauce, Daddies all the way. HP is fine but those of you who like fruity sauce will be getting your hard drives checked by the authorities very soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BarneyBattles
Posted (edited)

p.s.  Good luck Marv. Hopefully you’re out soon as the bacon rolls in hospital are guaranteed to be shite!

Edited by BarneyBattles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Space Pirate
8 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

I used to be tomato sauce on bacon but brown on pretty much everything else. 
 

I’m now firmly in the get decent rolls, butter and smoked bacon and you don’t need any sauce. 
 

Having said that, I don’t like thick cut bacon. I want good stuff but you need a bit crispiness in a proper bacon roll. 
 

On the subject of brown sauce, Daddies all the way. HP is fine but those of you who like fruity sauce will be getting your hard drives checked by the authorities very soon. 

 

Again, have you tried Goldstar brown sauce?

No trying to be a dick but I've never went back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BarneyBattles
4 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

 

Again, have you tried Goldstar brown sauce?

No trying to be a dick but I've never went back. 


I haven’t, no. Love brown sauce on a link sausage roll. 
 

Where can one buy this nectar?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dawnrazor
3 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:


I haven’t, no. Love brown sauce on a link sausage roll. 
 

Where can one buy this nectar?

https://www.colbeck.co.uk/product/gold-star-brown-sauce-12x320g/

 

I prefer HP on a roll but Goldstar mixed with water is the haws on a Fish Supper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Space Pirate
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:


I haven’t, no. Love brown sauce on a link sausage roll. 
 

Where can one buy this nectar?

 

Sainsbury's usually have it. 

 

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/gol-ui/product/gold-star-brown-sauce-squeezy-670g?catalogId=10241&productId=13232&storeId=10151&langId=44&krypto=jEckeee%2FkUitrJofjo0eovfwlL9lRCYAA3mfFbBuvKk4pJlwHj%2BK43bVwdtKM6XULBH%2FAWWG6g7v4Kc5v9vQyXz14em%2B5azdSTAK3hwWr4uWkX4LxCI7pVmXi5nPR%2BDK&ddkey=https%3Agb%2Fgroceries%2Fgold-star-brown-sauce-squeezy-670g

 

Says unavailable there but just check down the back of the shelf haha. 

 

Edited by Space Pirate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
9 hours ago, Marvin said:

 

The very same. I'm now in the ward. All I can say is the staff here have been brilliant 😄

Aa the best, Bud. 👍

I think I'll have a big feck off, full Scottish. 

tenor.gif.8d855ad078da36ffec1acf6e2f9ff9d6.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marvin
11 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Aa the best, Bud. 👍

I think I'll have a big feck off, full Scottish. 

tenor.gif.8d855ad078da36ffec1acf6e2f9ff9d6.gif

 

 

Enjoy you barsteward :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
18 minutes ago, Marvin said:

 

Enjoy you barsteward :laugh:

:thumb: 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
indianajones
On 10/05/2020 at 12:00, Sooperstar said:

This on a fish finger sandwich is incredible. Youngs Gastro Chunky Fish Fingers, ciabatta roll, and the sauce. Beautiful. 

Screenshot_20200510-115604_Tesco Groceries.jpg

 

On 08/06/2020 at 20:01, Jamhammer said:

Fair play Sooperstar. Had this on me fish finger roll at the weekend. Boom.

We're avin fish cakes later in the week. It'll be going on the side of the plate then too. Superb shout.

 

A life changer. 

 

Thanks guys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Not for me. Brown sauce, ketchup, both rank. Anything with brown sauce on it ends up tasting like...brown sauce. Why bother with the bacon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sooperstar
3 hours ago, indianajones said:

 

 

A life changer. 

 

Thanks guys. 

Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...