jr ewing

Season ticket latest 10.5k sold ( Renewal period ends 8/8 )

TheOak88

@wavydavy it’s already been posted, mate. And you will see from the discussion on the thread different people have interpreted it differently. Some believe the term “access to 18 games at Tynecastle” includes online access (streaming the game from your home). 

This is where the confusion is arising. 

busby1985

Do you reckon we may suspend sales now we’ve reached 9000? With it looking like a max of 20% capacity (5000) for games, we are facing the prospect of having nearly half our season ticket holders not being able to attend matches? 

wavydavy
1 minute ago, TheOak88 said:

They don’t need to go into scenarios. It’s just one question - “does my season ticket guarantee me 18 home games that I will physically be entitled to attend?”. Not bothered whether it is Tynecastle or Murrayfield; but £360 essentially for a Hearts TV subscription feels a bit steep. 

Well don't buy one then and stop complaining. Read my post just above yours and that answers most questions apart from what will happen if we have to socially distance and can only get say 6500 into the ground. I would imageine if that were the case then they would have to alternate fans and refund back to next year as in the club statement.

wavydavy
3 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

@wavydavy it’s already been posted, mate. And you will see from the discussion on the thread different people have interpreted it differently. Some believe the term “access to 18 games at Tynecastle” includes online access (streaming the game from your home). 

This is where the confusion is arising. 

Try this then.

If, having read this, you have any concerns about not being able to secure your 2020/21 season ticket because of this unprecedented situation then do please talk to us. Email [email protected] and let us figure out a way in which we can assist you.

fabienleclerq

I emailed the club and received the following. 

Our understanding it will count as 18 live games that the fans will attend.

Also there is only 14 games this season the likeliness of fans attending these 14 games could be unlikely depending on what the government would like to regarding having attendances at football but we did state that all fans who get season tickets will be guaranteed the 18 game threshold, so there could be for example if fans attend 6 games this season they will then be guaranteed another 12 games the following season but you will definitely attend 18 live games inside tynecastle.

Regards"

TheOak88
4 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Well don't buy one then and stop complaining. Read my post just above yours and that answers most questions apart from what will happen if we have to socially distance and can only get say 6500 into the ground. I would imageine if that were the case then they would have to alternate fans and refund back to next year as in the club statement.

No need to get aggressive.

I buy one every year so I would be disappointed not to buy one this year, would just like some clarity over what I am buying. 

TheOak88
2 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Also there is only 14 games this season the likeliness of fans attending these 14 games could be unlikely depending on what the government would like to regarding having attendances at football but we did state that all fans who get season tickets will be guaranteed the 18 game threshold, so there could be for example if fans attend 6 games this season they will then be guaranteed another 12 games the following season but you will definitely attend 18 live games inside tynecastle.

Regards"

Thanks for posting the reply up, mate. 

GinRummy
4 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Regards"

Pleasantly surprised at that. I wrongly assumed any games without fans that we watched on hearts tv (or however they do it) would count as games attended. 

fabienleclerq
26 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Pleasantly surprised at that. I wrongly assumed any games without fans that we watched on hearts tv (or however they do it) would count as games attended. 

I spoke to a united fan, and they get a stream if they aren't allowed in which is shite at the equivalent of 18 bucks (one of buy at £12 for non St holders). Also if they are at home closed doors and on sky they don't even get the stream! 

GinRummy
2 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

I spoke to a united fan, and they get a stream if they aren't allowed in which is shite at the equivalent of 18 bucks (one of buy at £12 for non St holders). Also if they are at home closed doors and on sky they don't even get the stream! 

Aye that’s poor. 

ramrod
47 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Do you reckon we may suspend sales now we’ve reached 9000? With it looking like a max of 20% capacity (5000) for games, we are facing the prospect of having nearly half our season ticket holders not being able to attend matches? 

Definitely not 

Another Robbo
52 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Regards"

That may cause difficulties next season or am I missing something? If I have a 12 game carry over then the cost of a season ticket for next year should be significantly lower than this year? In which case the clubs income will also be lower?

busby1985
15 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Definitely not 

So what’s the solution then? Has the season ticket sales become another “donation” function or do the club believe that by the end of October we will be allowed everyone in? Not trying to start anything here, just a genuine question. If we sell 12000 season tickets but the government only allow 5000 (20% capacity) all season, that leaves the club having to try work out which 27% (roughly if 12k sold) Of the season ticket holders get in. Then what do we do with the people that don’t get 18 home games etc? The figures are amazing and I think by the time the season starts we will be pushing 12k, just unsure how the club, and all the other clubs in Scotland, plan on dealing with this situation. 

DC_92
6 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

So what’s the solution then? Has the season ticket sales become another “donation” function or do the club believe that by the end of October we will be allowed everyone in? Not trying to start anything here, just a genuine question. If we sell 12000 season tickets but the government only allow 5000 (20% capacity) all season, that leaves the club having to try work out which 27% (roughly if 12k sold) Of the season ticket holders get in. Then what do we do with the people that don’t get 18 home games etc? The figures are amazing and I think by the time the season starts we will be pushing 12k, just unsure how the club, and all the other clubs in Scotland, plan on dealing with this situation. 

If we sell 12k season tickets and we're capped at 4k capacity then the only fair way would be to find some way to split the ST holders into three groups of 4k and allow each of them to attend one in three games in person.

Anyway, the club have pledged 18 home games to every ST holder so they can keep selling them. They're not going to suspend sales any time soon IMO.

jr ewing
1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

Unless we're moving in to  Murrayfield for the season. 

graygo

Logic tells me I'm daft but that's another 2 purchased. 👍

wavydavy
1 hour ago, TheOak88 said:

I buy one every year so I would be disappointed not to buy one this year, would just like some clarity over what I am buying. 

How is what I wrote aggressive ?. If you don't like the pricing structure then I have given you the club email contact. You can email them directly instead of just complaining about it. Be pro-active and find out directly from the club the answer to your questions then you would be sure.

luckydug
2 hours ago, bigdavemaddog said:

what happens to the people who miss out? pro-rata refund? credit towards next season ticket/club merchandise?

Actually I don't think it will be as big a problem as people might think. 

Quite a few of the older fans and fans with health conditions, myself included will be happy to wait until normal service is resumed. 

Until this virus is chased of the planet with either a vaccine or a reliable treatment I won't be at the football. 

Just been reading in the paper Boris intends to keep all us over 50s at home anyway. 😂

graygo
1 minute ago, luckydug said:

Quite a few of the older fans and fans with health conditions, myself included will be happy to wait until normal service is resumed. 

Until this virus is chased of the planet with either a vaccine or a reliable treatment I won't be at the football. 

Just been reading in the paper Boris intends to keep all us over 50s at home anyway. 😂

Boris won't be telling anyone in Scotland what to do thankfully.

wavydavy
7 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Unless you live in England then what has Boris got to do with telling us what to do in Scotland ?

wavydavy
6 minutes ago, graygo said:

Nobody would listen anyway. 😍

luckydug
4 minutes ago, graygo said:

I was only kidding 👍

However this virus is being an awkward sod and refusing to go away, keeps popping up where it's not wanted a bit like some of the Hibs fans on here😝

TheOak88
13 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

How is what I wrote aggressive ?. If you don't like the pricing structure then I have given you the club email contact. You can email them directly instead of just complaining about it. Be pro-active and find out directly from the club the answer to your questions then you would be sure.

Calm down, mate. I have now found out the answer via Hearts email. 

wavydavy
4 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Calm down, mate. I have now found out the answer via Hearts email. 

Congratulations and I am calm thanks.

TheOak88
1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Congratulations and I am calm thanks.

Glad to hear it. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

fabienleclerq
1 hour ago, Another Robbo said:

That may cause difficulties next season or am I missing something? If I have a 12 game carry over then the cost of a season ticket for next year should be significantly lower than this year? In which case the clubs income will also be lower?

We are a division below and missed a few home games for last year, no derbies, old firm or Aberdeen games. Essentially no big games in the league yet. 

So if they said we will get say 12 games this year it would be a bit of a hard sell at an average 350-400 quid for 12 lower league games this year. It's not a donation at the end of the day and the club would be taking advantage if they treated it so imo. 

wavydavy
Just now, TheOak88 said:

Glad to hear it. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Thanks, same to you.  Meant to say are you going to share the information you got via your email to Hearts? It might help some of the others who had similar questions to you.

ramrod
1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

I've absolutely no idea tbh but what I can say with almost certainty is  that. Hearts won't put a limit on the amount of season tickets we sell . 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

So 9000 tickets

What have other clubs outside of the Old Firm sold.

RobNox
20 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

Regards"

Thanks for posting this buddy, maybe the hard of thinking who don't understand what a guaranteed 18 home games means will now wind their necks in instead of looking for any reason to bump their gums. 

Eno
8 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

So 9000 tickets

What have other clubs outside of the Old Firm sold.

Hibs must've sold around 20,000+, did you not see them all on sportscene.

Few cardboard cutouts of junkies and a few cutouts of kangaroos = sell out!

hughesie27
21 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

Clarifying the position can only be a good thing I think. Why make it ambiguous what people are getting for their money. 

It wasn't ambiguous. They'd have been out of order if they tried to retroactively say that streamed games count. When STs were announced streaming of Games wasnt even being discussed yet. As far as I am aware it's only the Premiership that have been granted permission to stream thus far.

44 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Thanks for posting this buddy, maybe the hard of thinking who don't understand what a guaranteed 18 home games means will now wind their necks in instead of looking for any reason to bump their gums. 

Correct. 

TheOak88
2 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

It wasn't ambiguous. They'd have been out of order if they tried to retroactively say that streamed games count. When STs were announced streaming of Games wasnt even being discussed yet. As far as I am aware it's only the Premiership that have been granted permission to stream thus far.

Correct. 

Your right it wasn’t ambiguous. Maybe I just don’t always trust the club. Especially after no refund was offered with regard to the unfulfilled home fixtures for the 2019/20 season. 

hughesie27
Just now, TheOak88 said:

Your right it wasn’t ambiguous. Maybe I just don’t always trust the club. Especially after no refund was offered with regard to the unfulfilled home fixtures for the 2019/20 season. 

I was surprised at that too. They should have offered it and let thr vast majority of us not take it up. Those who needed it would have appreciated that. Poor from them.

The Real Maroonblood

I don’t give a shiny shite how many games the club is involved in.

The club need the money and that’s good enough for me.

TheOak88
8 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

I was surprised at that too. They should have offered it and let thr vast majority of us not take it up. Those who needed it would have appreciated that. Poor from them.

Yep, I am sure 80-90% of season ticket holders would not have taken up the refund. 

The fans have been incredibly generous financially during the Budge era. However, to not even offer a refund left a bit of a sour taste, as the generosity of the fans should not just be taken for granted, or just assumed. 

Would not have had a problem with anyone who did want to take the refund. The current pandemic has hit everyone differently from an employment perspective. 

Special Officer Doofy
18 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Maybe I just don’t always trust the club

:cornette:

heartsfc_fan

Renewed

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Renewed

👍

PapaShango

I bought a season ticket for me and my boy in the expectation that I will struggle to make even 10 home games this season. I am not too bothered about getting any money back, it was one way for me to give the club some money and do my bit. I know everyone is different and I wouldn't have a grudge against anyone who needs to put the missing games towards season tickets next year. The generosity of the Hearts fans is one of the only reasons the club still exists, it should never be taken for granted and the meaning of the club to the fans should be engrained in every players mind from day one! 

Ruud Krol
22 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I bought a season ticket for me and my boy in the expectation that I will struggle to make even 10 home games this season. I am not too bothered about getting any money back, it was one way for me to give the club some money and do my bit. I know everyone is different and I wouldn't have a grudge against anyone who needs to put the missing games towards season tickets next year. The generosity of the Hearts fans is one of the only reasons the club still exists, it should never be taken for granted and the meaning of the club to the fans should be engrained in every players mind from day one! 

👍👋

John Findlay
23 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

You have been provided with an email address and how to contact the club.

It's the club you are buying the season ticket from, so why dont you ask the seller what are the terms and conditions are. It's not rocket science, though maybe in your case it is.

TheOak88
47 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

It's the club you are buying the season ticket from, so why dont you ask the seller what are the terms and conditions are. It's not rocket science, though maybe in your case it is.

Yep, I have got my answer direct from the club now thanks.

No need for personal insults tho, mate. I think it’s a bit beneath you. 

jr ewing
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

..........and relax. 😎

mitch41
On 02/08/2020 at 13:41, graygo said:

Logic tells me I'm daft but that's another 2 purchased. 👍

Good lad to hell with logic we are the Jambos the greatest fans in the world. 
The one love of your life that will never leave you.

graygo
1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

Good lad to hell with logic we are the Jambos the greatest fans in the world. 
The one love of your life that will never leave you.

Aye, logic also tells me that international travel is not the best idea right now but I'll be on a flight to Gdansk tomorrow. 🥴

letsmakesomenoise
On 02/08/2020 at 14:00, luckydug said:

My thoughts in a nutshell.

However, my reticence re all of this is what happens when the club decide you can come back, but you decide for health and safety reasons (due to age Or whatever) that you don’t want to.  Until things are sortit.  Are you then forfeiting matches?

Id rather commit to a half season virtual ticket, and see where we are after that.

Forza Cuore

Some right snippy *******s on here sometimes responding to folk with genuine questions. Have a look at yourselves.

bigdavemaddog

how many tickets do we think will be available for general sale?

delpieroismagic

I'm renewing for me and the laddie through the finance option - I take it you just enter total for the 2 of us. Its not too clear when keying the details, cheers