Boycott away games / strengthen foh / Hearts First

Selkirkhmfc1874

Felix Lighter
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

I agree, and with Sir Gio. 

kickback is a small part of our support and there are thousands of regulars who will see away days as just something they do. 

It needs the club to adopt a level of pettiness and fight that we all know is not going to happen. 

Whilst kb is a relatively small part of our support, I'd say it is a pretty accurate representation of the broader support imo, with a margin for error of course, much like sample polls in general elections and such. We're from a wide demographic and as far as anyone knows the only thing we have in common is we are Hearts fans who happen to post on kb.🙂

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Rods

• Nookie Bear

1 hour ago, Werner Herzog said:

I think the only thing we can do is team up with Partick, Stranraer & others to sue the SPFL for damages. If there was a crowd funding initiative, I would back it. Being relegated is bad enough, but being relegated without compensation or an easier route to promotion next season, would be scandalous & demonstrates a grotesque lack of contrition. 

Boycotts are a lot trickier to determine given it's not abundantly clear who are the real villains of this situation as the entire process has been shambolic from start to finish. Dundee seem like an obvious one. St.Mirren possibly another. And even though it's not directly related, 9 of the 10 championship clubs voted against an independent enquiry, which suggests to me that they see pound signs as a result of Hearts being in that division. 

If Championship clubs have voted for the reason you say ie, (the Forfar chairman reason)

Then how much sweeter would it be to deny them of this “expected maroon pound windfall”

Better still, let them know in advance that it won’t be happening & you might see a change of tune.

It makes sense given the losses Hearts are facing to spend our money on Hearts rather than teams who voted us down. 

I won't be at any away games.  Probably attended about 60-70%, so am not a die hard uber Jambo.  But tbh, I'm a bit sick of the whole shambles that is Scottish football.  While I'm angry in general, I'm also angry with the club for putting us in this position in the first place.  It's difficult to adopt any moral high ground in those circumstances.

Edited by Haken

Glamorgan Jambo

On one hand a shame because some of the away trips in the championship are a great day out e.g. QOS but needs must. A hard boycott of clubs that have been especially complicit in the stitch up (Dundee and Dunfermline) is essential.

20 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Ironically self interest will destroy any boycott 

Agreed on that but the numbers will dictate policy.

If there is say only 200 at our first away game this will drive them to boycott. All is needed is a majority to do it and the rest who are not boycotting will follow.

2 minutes ago, Rods said:

Agreed on that but the numbers will dictate policy.

If there is say only 200 at our first away game this will drive them to boycott. All is needed is a majority to do it and the rest who are not boycotting will follow.

As Rangers found out for the boycotted game away at Dundee United, there will always be folk who ignore the boycott. Our away support doesn't need to be zero for it to be considered a successful boycott.

3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

As Rangers found out for the boycotted game away at Dundee United, there will always be folk who ignore the boycott. Our away support doesn't need to be zero for it to be considered a successful boycott.

That is the game I was thinking about when it comes to boycotts.

Totally agree if there is a few people there then that is their choice.

What we are looking at is more the money should go to us rather than some of these scab clubs. We also have FOH to contribute towards so we have a vehicle for this money already. There will also be a period were no one can go to away games that could be the catalyst for this Hearts first approach.

Rangers boycott was never going to work mainly down to their spoiled fanbase they expect everything on a plate see the Murray Years. 

55 minutes ago, Rods said:

That is the game I was thinking about when it comes to boycotts.

Totally agree if there is a few people there then that is their choice.

What we are looking at is more the money should go to us rather than some of these scab clubs. We also have FOH to contribute towards so we have a vehicle for this money already. There will also be a period were no one can go to away games that could be the catalyst for this Hearts first approach.

Rangers boycott was never going to work mainly down to their spoiled fanbase they expect everything on a plate see the Murray Years. 

My point was the opposite, in essence. Although a hundred or so Rangers fans attended the match, the boycott was a great success, even more so because it was a Cup game and, as far as I can see, Rangers received a share of the proceeds which mainly came from Dundee United fans. Of note is that the SFA stated that Rangers had not broken any rules in calling for a boycott (although I would probably advise to be on the safe side that the club restricts itself to not asking for their allocation of tickets and leaves it to the fans to call for a boycott).

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/rangers/latest-rangers-news/sfa-tell-dundee-united-they-cant-do-anything-about-rangers-cup-boycott-1596402

On 13/05/2020 at 18:47, Sir Gio said:

Ironically self interest will destroy any boycott 

I’ll vote in favour of self interest.

If there’s one thing this crisis has taught us is you just don’t know what’s around the corner. When the football is back, I’ll be gathering a few of my friends and we’ll be heading to each and every game we please, making the most of it and spending my weekend doing what I enjoy, watching Hearts play football. 

If that makes me any less of a Hearts fan in peoples eyes, so be it. 

2 hours ago, Scotland said:

I’ll vote in favour of self interest.

If there’s one thing this crisis has taught us is you just don’t know what’s around the corner. When the football is back, I’ll be gathering a few of my friends and we’ll be heading to each and every game we please, making the most of it and spending my weekend doing what I enjoy, watching Hearts play football. 

If that makes me any less of a Hearts fan in peoples eyes, so be it. 

as is your choice. When your sitting in a seat at Dens Park enjoy yourself in the knowledge your financially supporting a club that put the knife in HMFC.

your choice tho

8 hours ago, redjambo said:

Indeed. I’m not naive enough to expect 0 hearts fans at these grounds but I would hope that there would be at least 50% of us that don’t go. I’ll be honest any supporters that go to Dens Park will sicken me. But that’s me

6 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Indeed. I’m not naive enough to expect 0 hearts fans at these grounds but I would hope that there would be at least 50% of us that don’t go. I’ll be honest any supporters that go to Dens Park will sicken me. But that’s me

Totally agree. I simply can’t understand why any genuine Hearts supporter would want to put money into those clubs who voted to have us demoted. As for Hibs and Celtic, their behaviour merely confirms that they will never do the decent thing. No wonder their support is made up of the dregs of society.

6 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

50% of how many ? 

Why not just let everyone decide what they should do themselves

buzzbomb1958
8 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Any Jambo who gives these backstabbing barstewards their money doesn't understand the full consequences of what this entails or just don't give a shit about being shafted . Please guys think about this seriously ,you have already done without football for a long time and it will probably be a while yet before you do . Hopefully football will still not go ahead for a long time yet putting these clubs out of business ,if not we have the duty to starve them out of business.I for one will take great delight in watching it happen knowing the supporters of the best club in the world had a hand in their demise.Keep fighting guys,ONLY HEARTS.

3fingersreid
On 13/05/2020 at 19:58, 22games nro said:

this flag for every away game with their

team name under it

31242B70-7875-46B7-BB41-3A48A576819A.jpeg

E2B79469-FF3D-4857-A9C6-D21C96E70784.jpeg

The top one I have no issue with , never been back to that stadium since ‘86 and with how they’ve behaved that self imposed ban will still continue indefinitely.

The Raith one tho I have to say ,despite what they’ve done ,just doesn’t sit well with me. I’ve always had a wee soft spot for them given their connection to McCraes . Might be if the white feather was replaced by wording it would sit better ?

I do appreciate it’s just a suggestion tho 👍🏻

Edited by 3fingersreid

colinmaroon

The hard, the difficult thing to if you want to go to away games is to say, "No."

Simply put, if you go it's for purely selfish reasons  apart from putting money into those clubs who have voted Hearts out of the Premiership.  Take Hibs, for example  cup ties or, even, when we return to the Premiership, a really hard one to stay away from but, if 3,500 fans don't go and donate the money to Hearts, that's over £100k goes into Hearts with no reduction for the costs of hosting a game.  Even those games where we might take 1k to 1.5k along, will produce revenue of £30 to £45k. Extrapolate that out over a season and it's a huge financial boost to Hesrts.

If you go to away games it's selfish.  Sacrifice for the good of Hearts and hit the ******** where it hurts, in their pocket.

Edited by colinmaroon

1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

The top one I have no issue with , never been back to that stadium since ‘86 and with how they’ve behaved that self imposed ban will still continue indefinitely.

The Raith one tho I have to say ,despite what they’ve done ,just doesn’t sit well with me. I’ve always had a wee soft spot for them given their connection to McCraes . Might be if the white feather was replaced by wording it would sit better ?

Picture of a snake would be more appropriate.

Werner Herzog

The thing to remember is that plotting boycotts is a bit premature when we have no idea when we'll all be allowed back in a football ground (fully or partially). It's not impossible that we'll be doing closed doors football in the championship, even though the idea of it seems fanciful at best right now. And if that does happen, there's a good chance that the fees to pay in order to access live streams to watch Hearts, will also benefit the clubs we've got a axe to grind with. Therefore we might have a situation where in order to make clubs in the championship suffer, you'll have to avoid watching Hearts as well.

2 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

**** Raith. And I live in Kirkcaldy. I won't be going anywhere near Starks Park.

The fact they are winning that title is laughable, especially when they still had to go to Falkirk on the last day of the season...no wonder they wanted it declared. 

Hope they go bust.

😁

GorgieFifeLife
34 minutes ago, Werner Herzog said:

The thing to remember is that plotting boycotts is a bit premature when we have no idea when we'll all be allowed back in a football ground (fully or partially). It's not impossible that we'll be doing closed doors football in the championship, even though the idea of it seems fanciful at best right now. And if that does happen, there's a good chance that the fees to pay in order to access live streams to watch Hearts, will also benefit the clubs we've got a axe to grind with. Therefore we might have a situation where in order to make clubs in the championship suffer, you'll have to avoid watching Hearts as well.

So be it.  Give them nothing and they can forget about using our ground as a hub too.  We should take nothing to do with it.  

Ex member of the SaS

All for a boycott however results will dictate how successful it becomes. Lose and it's easy to stay away. Romp the Championship like we did before and the fans will be gagging to attend.

9 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

This is where boycotts fall down, there will be people who think I hate Raith Rovers for beating us at Starks Park in 1979, but love going to Dens Park cos it’s 10 minutes from my front door 

On 14/05/2020 at 15:35, redjambo said:

This is spot on. If even just half boycott, then it will deny these arseholes a fair old wedge.

• 2 weeks later...
Selkirkhmfc1874

Disappointed to read stuart wallace saying this morning that if others clubs want help about foh model to come talk! Couple weeks ago the foh released statement saying we were only interested in ourselves 

You have to 🤯 at folk talking about flags/white feathers etc 🤣😂

Why in earth would you give these clubs the time of day let alone go to the trouble of time/energy of waving a wee flag at them 😮

I never thought I would agree but definitely short term I agree about ploughing monies into FoH and not buying tickets for these venues...that would be the biggest hitting punch we could give with the exceptional bonus of helping ourselves....

But come mon, less of the wee flag nonsense!!!!!!! 

2 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Why in earth would you give these clubs the time of day let alone go to the trouble of time/energy of waving a wee flag at them 😮

I never thought I would agree but definitely short term I agree about ploughing monies into FoH and not buying tickets for these venues...that would be the biggest hitting punch we could give with the exceptional bonus of helping ourselves....

Exactly just don’t give them your money.

dunciboyjambo

We should travel to each away game in our 1000’s but just stand outside and make us much noise for the team as possible for 90 min, ticket money then donated to FOH... 

Have it properly organised, this would probably catch on better and stop anyone who’s thinking of entering the stadium to not do so then eventually it will become the norm...

21 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

agreed. Waving wee flags whilst ploughing money into these clubs. Would just make folk laugh. Absolutely pointless. As well setting up a DD to these clubs.

RobbofordGHC

If grounds are to be limited to 25 - 30% capacity we won't be getting many tickets for a good few grounds to boycott anyway. In fact I would be buying your season tickets pronto if it's only the first 7k that's getting in. I can also see no away supports at grounds anyway to cut out any chance of disorder.

Guest ToqueJambo
On 15/05/2020 at 10:30, jbee647 said:

This is where boycotts fall down, there will be people who think I hate Raith Rovers for beating us at Starks Park in 1979, but love going to Dens Park cos it’s 10 minutes from my front door 

Not many people in either case to be fair.

For anyone thinking Bout putting money into these clubs coffers I would urge you to read the comments in the BBC website page under the Ann Budge proposals page.

make no mistake, We are despised.

54 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

For anyone thinking Bout putting money into these clubs coffers I would urge you to read the comments in the BBC website page under the Ann Budge proposals page.

make no mistake, We are despised.

Spot on.  

Darkwhisky7

Yes, we are absolutely hated by so many of these cretins. Hearts only for me, I loved my away trips but it’s not about me, there’s a principle here, Inverness will be on the list as well as Patrick and Stranraer if we have to play there, that’s it. I’m not sure I even want to go to the semi final if it’s played, knowing some of my money goes to the SFA and the other 3 Clubs. 

Nookie Bear
On 26/05/2020 at 07:54, GavK1012 said:

I think there is an acceptance that some fans will attend no matter what and so they may as well make their point whilst in attendance (and hopefully amongst plenty of empty seats).

11 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think there is an acceptance that some fans will attend no matter what and so they may as well make their point whilst in attendance (and hopefully amongst plenty of empty seats).

Sadly there will be

Nookie Bear
17 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Sadly there will be

It will be some time before any away fans attend anyway.

I would never stop people watching Hearts play and i would hate to see us fight amongst ourselves over it. It would be nice if the idea of giving money to Hearts instead of buying an away ticket gained momentum - even if it was a case of "i'm not going to Kirkcaldy, i'll stick £10 in the FoH instead".

Clark Griswold

I think we should refuse any away tickets altogether if that's possible. Feck em

davemclaren
36 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I would never stop people watching Hearts play and i would hate to see us fight amongst ourselves over it. It would be nice if the idea of giving money to Hearts instead of buying an away ticket gained momentum - even if it was a case of "i'm not going to Kirkcaldy, i'll stick £10 in the FoH instead".

Agreed. 

The Mercer Takeover
On 14/05/2020 at 11:33, Felix Lighter said:

Whilst kb is a relatively small part of our support, I'd say it is a pretty accurate representation of the broader support imo, with a margin for error of course, much like sample polls in general elections and such. We're from a wide demographic and as far as anyone knows the only thing we have in common is we are Hearts fans who happen to post on kb.🙂

No it's not.

During the Cathro and Levein eras, JKB was totally out of step with the majority who actually attended games and widely off the mark compared to social media. 

It is only representative of those who post on JKB, who all have their own perceptions of what is best for Hearts.

The Mercer Takeover

As someone who had historically gone to the vast majority of away games, I will be extremely selective in the future.

If reconstruction fails again, Budge should come out and state in no uncertain terms, that Hearts will not be offering away tickets to our supporters for the foreseeable future.

That would hurt other teams much more than they think.

I will also not be attending Easter Road for a long time now.

Felix Lighter
6 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

No it's not.

During the Cathro and Levein eras, JKB was totally out of step with the majority who actually attended games and widely off the mark compared to social media. 

It is only representative of those who post on JKB, who all have their own perceptions of what is best for Hearts.

I disagree.I think it is, for the reasons I've already posted.

Unless you think people that post here are from a particular demographic then I don't follow your logic, kb is very clearly a broad church, as is the wider Hearts support.

Again, JKB is a fairly accurate finger on the pulse of the wider Hearts support imo and I'd wager the club itself keeps a close eye on it to gauge the general feeling, rather paying attention to the unhinged types usually found on facebook and the like.

The championship clubs are likely to vote against this current reconstruction.

This isn't because of us. This is because 1 bad season and they would then be in the bottom division!

Currently they have 2 divisions below them.

I don't think it'd be fair to boycott based on this.

Except Dundee though - **** them.

portobellojambo1
37 minutes ago, Felix Lighter said:

I disagree.I think it is, for the reasons I've already posted.

Unless you think people that post here are from a particular demographic then I don't follow your logic, kb is very clearly a broad church, as is the wider Hearts support.

Again, JKB is a fairly accurate finger on the pulse of the wider Hearts support imo and I'd wager the club itself keeps a close eye on it to gauge the general feeling, rather paying attention to the unhinged types usually found on facebook and the like.

JKB is similar to the Hearts support, in fact all supports, there is differences of opinion. I'm not sure of the number of member on JKB at the moment, but in general there are maybe around 800 who seem to post regularly on an almost daily basis. So even using an even split of 50/50 on cetain things it represents only a very small fraction of the overall HMFC support. I'd say the external grouping who get most from this site are probably journalists, as it save them actually working for a living. The vast, vast majority of HMFC fans who both go to Tynecastle and travel to watch HMFC either never have or never want to be on JKB. And it ain't just the youngsters who express opinion on what happens on here.

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Good post. I think it’s one thing we shouldn’t be bickering about. You can point out the advantages of not going to away games without criticising fans who still want to go. Similarly fans who choose to go don’t need to throw mud at the boycoters. Personal choice etc etc 

Edited by GinRummy

16 minutes ago, Glottis said:

The championship clubs are likely to vote against this current reconstruction.

This isn't because of us. This is because 1 bad season and they would then be in the bottom division!

Currently they have 2 divisions below them.

I don't think it'd be fair to boycott based on this.

Except Dundee though - **** them.

If they had ambition to get into the top flight you’d think it would be easier without us or Inverness.

kingantti1874

People who go away are validating the decisions of clubs who are trying to stick a knife through our heart.