Is it now time to consider getting out of this corrupt Scottish league

Bauldrick

Libertarian
On 12/04/2020 at 11:11, David McCaig said:

I'm an independence supporter, but Scottish football is probably the worst example of Scottish autonomy imaginable!!

I'm also a lifelong supporter of independence but have you seen what is going on with the SNP? Sleaze and incompetence are not strong enough adjectives to describe them

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cruyff

• Jambo-Fox

• Unknown user

• Deevers

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Hearts Daft said:

I'm also a lifelong supporter of independence but have you seen what is going on with the SNP? Sleaze and incompetence are not strong enough adjectives to describe them

At the end of the day (how's that for a cliche😏

No matter political views, we have nowhere to go. 

The best thing we can do is fight and lobby support to waste Doncaster and his cronies. 

That would be a start and request that an interim SPFL board of competent business people be appointed. 

Once the governance has been cleansed then the clubs should set about electing a truly democratic board and rules. 

It shouldn't be a requirement for board members to be attached to clubs, some should be independent. 

That's the choice.  Campaign for change or continue accepting the OF boaby. 

Balernojambo

Its probably been mentioned but the 11-1 vote share needed to get certain issues through is really awful.  I know there is a monetary benefit for clubs having Rangers and Celtic in the league for gates etc but what other benefit do the old firm bring to the game.  I wish the other clubs would put forward a motion  to ammend and if it was scuppered by the old firm leave en masse and let them play each other every week or join the English leagues.

7 minutes ago, Balernojambo said:

Its probably been mentioned but the 11-1 vote share needed to get certain issues through is really awful.  I know there is a monetary benefit for clubs having Rangers and Celtic in the league for gates etc but what other benefit do the old firm bring to the game.  I wish the other clubs would put forward a motion  to ammend and if it was scuppered by the old firm leave en masse and let them play each other every week or join the English leagues.

Didn't the teams threaten to do that about ten years go and bottled it ? 

Balernojambo
3 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Didn't the teams threaten to do that about ten years go and bottled it ? 

Rings a bell.  Wish they would

Libertarian
53 minutes ago, luckydug said:

At the end of the day (how's that for a cliche😏

No matter political views, we have nowhere to go. 

The best thing we can do is fight and lobby support to waste Doncaster and his cronies. 

That would be a start and request that an interim SPFL board of competent business people be appointed. 

Once the governance has been cleansed then the clubs should set about electing a truly democratic board and rules. 

It shouldn't be a requirement for board members to be attached to clubs, some should be independent. 

That's the choice.  Campaign for change or continue accepting the OF boaby. 

Absolutely agree. However the Scottish football establishment needs to be cleaned out from top to bottom 

• 3 weeks later...

The SPFL cesspit keeps getting bigger!

Is now the time to head to pastures new?

The time must be approaching to take the opportunity to break free!

If joining the Football Association was an option, I'd happily give up the decade to work up the football leagues to whatever level we reach. 

Nookie Bear

We are going nowhere, and nor should we. 

Just give it a few years and the old firm will be joining a European League and we can start to rebuild our game. 

Fxxx the SPFL
55 minutes ago, pablo said:

If joining the Football Association was an option, I'd happily give up the decade to work up the football leagues to whatever level we reach. 

totally agree a fresh change get us into the Northern Premier League plenty nice away trips and we'd take decent numbers and boost the coffers of those teams i'm sure they'd be quite happy

18 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Just give it a few years and the old firm will be joining a European League and we can start to rebuild our game. 

The unfortunate thing is that the clowns who run the game here will allow them to keep their “reserve sides “ in the league here so their pervasive influence will continue.  

Nookie Bear
41 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

totally agree a fresh change get us into the Northern Premier League plenty nice away trips and we'd take decent numbers and boost the coffers of those teams i'm sure they'd be quite happy

Away trips to Atherton Collieries...home games v Hyde...it would be dire and completely beneath us. 

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Away trips to Atherton Collieries...home games v Hyde...it would be dire and completely beneath us. 

It would kill us, interest and crowds would dwindle, no tv games, no tv money, sponsors paying according to our level.

And that's if there was an appetite to vote us in to their system, which there isn't.

A pipe dream, thankfully.

Hagar the Horrible

You have to be careful of the monster you create, if we were put into the league proper, and somehow advanced upwards, we would end up being so reliant on TV money the same as all Championship clubs.  and another extinction level event would kill us too.  However just say things go to plan and we rise upwards and get to the 2nd tier,  we would have pretty much a bigger support than most others in that league. so much so that we might have to play at Murrayfield,  If the miricle was to happen and we made it to the EPL there are at least 5 clubs who dont get gates >25k  I think we could get 35k and the novelty factor there would be a bigger than nornal travelling support too?   I think we have a lot to offer, but we wont have that many at away games, until we play at the giants and on a saturday

1 hour ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

They might be but we wouldn't. 

I assume you are about the same age as myself.  By the time Hearts got to the Championship we would both be either dead or in a care home. 

Anyway we are Scottish. 

Nookie Bear
45 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It would kill us, interest and crowds would dwindle, no tv games, no tv money, sponsors paying according to our level.

And that's if there was an appetite to vote us in to their system, which there isn't.

A pipe dream, thankfully.

Every TV pound would go to Glasgow and the media would ignore us even more than they do now. 

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Would never happen anyway, even if the club did want it. We are stuck where we are. 

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

we should also be joining some kind of European league,

we don't want to left with  that shower of backstabbers

and celtic feeder clubs

After yesterdays shambolic SPFL statement i think it is time for Ann to walk away from reconstruction talks.

We/she should be making it abundantly clear that we will have nothing to do with the SPFL whilst this organisation operate on threats only.

Threats/bribery/money is ALL The SPFL is about, nothing to do with football or sporting integrity.

Walk away from them now Ann and let everyone know why you are walking away from it.

It is time the NO voting clubs called the SPFL out for what it is....CORRUPT.

NO MORE being nice.

Time for Hearts, Rangers, Falkirk, ICT, Partick, East Fife, Stranraer, Edinburgh City to come out and say WE DO NOT RECOGNISE THE CORRUPT SPFLs authority.

Edited by Gambo

Ex member of the SaS
On 13/04/2020 at 17:50, Hearts Daft said:

Being a strong Indy supporter does not mean you have to like or support the SNP. They are simply the vehicle to gain Indy. Once we are a free nation elections will decide which party rules and the SNP technically should evolve or disband as their job would be done.

Big mistake allowing Sturgeon to take over from AS. He was a great orator and could twist the others round his little finger. Shame he was a big ott with his touchy feely attitude. 

Sorry didn't mean to change direction of this thread and would rather the other clubs banded together and start a new league without the bigot twins. Pity the others are so dependent on their money they would never agree.

colinmaroon

What I find particularly disgusting is the use by this contemptible, corrupt and incompetent bunch of charlatans of the Corona Virus as an "excuse" for just putting it all behind us and letting it all just disappear for financial reasons.

That statement is a downright disgrace and so far I have not seen any of the lickspittle media blink.  Complicit.

colinmaroon
2 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Being a strong Indy supporter does not mean you have to like or support the SNP. They are simply the vehicle to gain Indy. Once we are a free nation elections will decide which party rules and the SNP technically should evolve or disband as their job would be done.

Big mistake allowing Sturgeon to take over from AS. He was a great orator and could twist the others round his little finger. Shame he was a big ott with his touchy feely attitude. 

Sorry didn't mean to change direction of this thread and would rather the other clubs banded together and start a new league without the bigot twins. Pity the others are so dependent on their money they would never agree.

Agreed!  When independence comes, I will never vote for them again in their present incarnation.

Unknown user
4 hours ago, Gambo said:

After yesterdays shambolic SPFL statement i think it is time for Ann to walk away from reconstruction talks.

We/she should be making it abundantly clear that we will have nothing to do with the SPFL whilst this organisation operate on threats only.

Threats/bribery/money is ALL The SPFL is about, nothing to do with football or sporting integrity.

Walk away from them now Ann and let everyone know why you are walking away from it.

NO MORE being nice.

Time for Hearts, Rangers, Falkirk, ICT, Partick, East Fife, Stranraer, Edinburgh City to come out and say WE DO NOT RECOGNISE THE CORRUPT SPFLs authority.

We should never have started, the time to scream the place down and start swinging was when the vote was called, it's been a stitch up since day one and this reconstruction thing's a fob off to keep us distracted.

They put us in jail for a crime we didnt commit then asked us what colour we'd like the cell, and we started looking through colour swatches.

5 hours ago, Smithee said:

We should never have started, the time to scream the place down and start swinging was when the vote was called, it's been a stitch up since day one and this reconstruction thing's a fob off to keep us distracted.

They put us in jail for a crime we didnt commit then asked us what colour we'd like the cell, and we started looking through colour swatches.

Last paragraph. 😂👍

If I owned Hearts right now I'd, at least, sound out the English about joining their set up. Ask, perhaps, if there was any way we could be parachuted into the Northern League of the 6th tier.

Apparently there's a two year notice required but it seems the gloves are off regarding rules, decency and fair play with the SPFeckinL so feck them. 

Love Hearts, hate Scottish football, I'd be up for it. 

Ricardo Shillyshally
Just now, martoon said:

Last paragraph. 😂👍

If I owned Hearts right now I'd, at least, sound out the English about joining their set up. Ask, perhaps, if there was any way we could be parachuted into the Northern League of the 6th tier.

Apparently there's a two year notice required but it seems the gloves are off regarding rules, decency and fair play with the SPFeckinL so feck them. 

This.

Nookie Bear
24 minutes ago, martoon said:

Last paragraph. 😂👍

o be honest, if i owned Hearts now i would gently (and publicly) remind the rest of the league that we have still to deal with the small matter of our compensation for being expelled.

£3m should just about cover it.

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

o be honest, if i owned Hearts now i would gently (and publicly) remind the rest of the league that we have still to deal with the small matter of our compensation for being expelled.

£3m should just about cover it.

Can't see that happening, bud (nor the English thing, in reality). 

We'll get a parachute payment, of course, but I doubt it will be any more than we would have received if we'd actually finished 12th and been relegated fair and square.

The SPFL clearly have the power to do wtf they want and I don't think putting £3 million our way will be part of their plan. 

Nookie Bear
46 minutes ago, martoon said:

Can't see that happening, bud (nor the English thing, in reality). 

We'll get a parachute payment, of course, but I doubt it will be any more than we would have received if we'd actually finished 12th and been relegated fair and square.

The SPFL clearly have the power to do wtf they want and I don't think putting £3 million our way will be part of their plan. 

Aye, we are getting well and truly shafted here. 

Once this crisis is over loads of clubs the length and breadth of the country will no longer exist.

The EFL will be like a moth eaten jumper, holes everywhere! I’m sure they will be delighted to invite the likes of Hearts to plug a hole! 

Just do it!

13 hours ago, Gambo said:

In the movie that I run in my head about all this, all the above clubs resign from the SPFL, joined surprisingly by Aberdeen. The SPFL panic, concerned that they will lose the income from not being able to broadcast the OF games. Unfortunately I haven't got any further than that, yet. :) 

Hectormasson
17 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Love that to happen but it never will !    Trophies to easy to come buy in scotland !   And not sure they would be accepted anywhere in europe    too much baggage  aka shitty fans!!

john brownlee
On 12/04/2020 at 09:06, alanbauld said:

If the Texaco cup was what it would be like to play in an English/Scottish league then bring it on, every game was like a cup final and games against the likes of Wolves and Burnley were sellouts I also remember the away games at Mortherwell and Airdrie were rocking with so much atmosphere and exceptional crowds. Bring it on, lets escape the dark ages.

This, that was the best time imo for Scottish football, the old filth were excluded. Games against Wolves and Burnley were different class. The best game for me was at Wolves, I ended up in the Wolves end and their fans were a joy to behold.

To me it proved there was a world out side of Glasgow.  Mind you the Airdrie game was something special, it was what the whole idea of the Texaco cup stood for. Pity it was never to be again.

19 minutes ago, john brownlee said:

This, that was the best time imo for Scottish football, the old filth were excluded. Games against Wolves and Burnley were different class. The best game for me was at Wolves, I ended up in the Wolves end and their fans were a joy to behold.

To me it proved there was a world out side of Glasgow.  Mind you the Airdrie game was something special, it was what the whole idea of the Texaco cup stood for. Pity it was never to be again.

The message there is that we don't need Celtic and rangers.  These games were fantastic.  The one at Motherwell was something else.  Jam packed and people locked out.  At least 5,000 of us in Newcastle for a night game.

People who just accept the status quo are wrong.  Nothing to worry about with our lower leagues.  They are competitive and exciting.  History tells us though that our premier league is just a procession for two clubs built on sectarianism.

I don't think England would touch them with a bargepole because of that sectarianism.  

The only realistic solution I can think of which at least levels the playing field to some extent is a salary cap.  It works elsewhere. Why not in Scotland.

On 29/04/2020 at 07:13, pablo said:

About the worst idea I’ve heard. 

3 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

The message there is that we don't need Celtic and rangers.  These games were fantastic.  The one at Motherwell was something else.  Jam packed and people locked out.  At least 5,000 of us in Newcastle for a night game.

People who just accept the status quo are wrong.  Nothing to worry about with our lower leagues.  They are competitive and exciting.  History tells us though that our premier league is just a procession for two clubs built on sectarianism.

I don't think England would touch them with a bargepole because of that sectarianism.  

The only realistic solution I can think of which at least levels the playing field to some extent is a salary cap.  It works elsewhere. Why not in Scotland.

A salary cap is one good idea, however a cap on the size of the first team squads would be another option to try and equalise things. Doing that would mean that neither side of the Old Firm could just add to their squad for the sake of it or to weaken other sides that might be giving them a wee fright.

Nookie Bear
6 hours ago, Hectormasson said:

Love that to happen but it never will !    Trophies to easy to come buy in scotland !   And not sure they would be accepted anywhere in europe    too much baggage  aka shitty fans!!

Plenty of other clubs have scum fans as well. Celtic bring a huge fan base and massive crowds, and rangers will be invited along as their +1

On 12/04/2020 at 00:57, Bauldrick said:

Problem is, where to we apply to  and who would welcome us?  or do we just soldier on, putting up with the present set-up in Scottish football where we will probably never be allowed to win the league championship ever again, the best we can hope for is the occasional good cup run and a flukey cup win despite the best attempts of the match officials to thwart us, I'm now totally p----d off with the way things are going, there's never ever going to be a level playing field, or is it this corona virus thing just getting me down and giving me a despondent and dismal viewpoint of all that is going on around me, cheery wee soul, aint I, now where's that whisky bottle.

Being in Scotland isn't the problem, it's the way our league is run and who is in charge. A more equitable system and a shift in power from Glasgow, (and Dublin), to our capital would be a start.

gashauskis9
22 hours ago, Gambo said:

NO MORE being nice.

Agree with all of this, but it wouldn't surprise me if Budge has been offered a wee non-exec gig in return for helping out with the reconstruction work.  She'll know that her days at Hearts are numbered and a wee non-exec gig will give her a good earner in return for less hassle.

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Plenty of other clubs have scum fans as well. Celtic bring a huge fan base and massive crowds, and rangers will be invited along as their +1

They wouldn't get many tickets for away games ,  and celtic fans are despised down there, for obvious reasons, and rangers wouldn't be too welcome either , as they have an awful record at a lot of english grounds and cities, ie fans or so called fans acting like savages !     English dont want them !    We dont f....

g want them  !!!

south morocco

Must admit, I’m pretty dejected with Scottish football. Take away HMFC, I would never watch or be interested in it.

Sadly,  I fear nothing will change with regards to SFA SPFL. It’s their ball and that’s it attitude. First time in years I’m considering not going back. Nothing to do with HMFC, just the whole predictable boring set up.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Agree with all of this, but it wouldn't surprise me if Budge has been offered a wee non-exec gig in return for helping out with the reconstruction work.  She'll know that her days at Hearts are numbered and a wee non-exec gig will give her a good earner in return for less hassle.

Ffs. 

I don't like Ann do I'll make somthing up. 

Cracking stuff. 

12 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Once this crisis is over loads of clubs the length and breadth of the country will no longer exist.

The EFL will be like a moth eaten jumper, holes everywhere! I’m sure they will be delighted to invite the likes of Hearts to plug a hole! 

Just do it!

Spot on

gashauskis9
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ffs. 

I don't like Ann do I'll make somthing up. 

Cracking stuff. 

Each to their own.  I’ve nothing against her to be honest.

No need for ponderance. Many years ago (25-30) every club in the league handed the SFA their intent to breakaway and form a league of their own.  Every club except rankers and smelly fans. If my memory serves me right it was over either the voting system or money distribution where the butt cheeks could vote for whatever and it made no difference how the other clubs voted they got what they wanted by outvoting all others. There was a huge standoff and a lot of bartering had to be done, and I am sure it led to the voting/money complaint being watered down and league reconstruction.  It was envisaged that the league would go ahead without them, but they were allowed back in eventually.

I have said for years that the game here would flourish without them as it is unlikely that the same team would win everything all the time. When the three trophies are won by different teams each season the fans would have something to shout about and look forward to attending football again.  I have considered that 3rd place is the real winner or the highest club outwith the OF.  Therefore, after  a season or two the gates would grow and due to the distribution of honours probably sooner.  I doubt if sky would be interested in 38 games between the cretins every season. 19 at darkheid and 19 at castle greyskull. It would at a stroke, diminish the bile and bigotry by 98-99%. 

The league needs reconstruction, the split needs done away with and I dont think many (outside weegiestan) would mourn the loss of the erse cheeks.  Ok there would be no european footy for a while, but its a price worth paying.

JamboJohn80

Would love to see the jambos move elsewhere away from this corrupt shambles of a league, but where do we go? Definitely not england as I doubt they would take us. We could maybe move to welsh leagues or perhaps this coronavirus may be the kick-start to an Atlantic league. 

8 hours ago, south morocco said:

Must admit, I’m pretty dejected with Scottish football. Take away HMFC, I would never watch or be interested in it.

Sadly,  I fear nothing will change with regards to SFA SPFL. It’s their ball and that’s it attitude. First time in years I’m considering not going back. Nothing to do with HMFC, just the whole predictable boring set up.

That's pretty much my point although only at the top level.  Hearts desperate to be included in a league they can't possibly win.  Only two clubs can win it.

The clubs outside the OF really need to think outside the square and this is the perfect opportunity to do it.  Tragic if it is squandered.

On 29/04/2020 at 11:15, Gambo said:

NO MORE being nice.

I don't see reconstruction happening. I'd rather Ann helped pour fuel on the fire in the hope of a better tomorrow, rather than continue on with this farce which only adds legitimacy to the SPFLs position and actions. 

Edited by OTT

Jambo-Fox

Hearts, it’s time to go the SPFL don’t love you no more ...... hold head high and just walk out, NOW!

Yes it is time to consider getting out. The whole league is boring beyond belief. Scottish football should pack it in and a British league should be created. Hearts would do very well and we’d have an interesting fixtures every week once we’d got ourselves through the leagues. There’s only so many times you can watch us play Hamilton, St Mirren, Motherwell etc. Uttter guff. 

Nookie Bear
2 hours ago, henry said:

Yes it is time to consider getting out. The whole league is boring beyond belief. Scottish football should pack it in and a British league should be created. Hearts would do very well and we’d have an interesting fixtures every week once we’d got ourselves through the leagues. There’s only so many times you can watch us play Hamilton, St Mirren, Motherwell etc. Uttter guff. 

What, Blyth Spartans away on a Wednesday night?

Anyway, how can you say the last few weeks have been boring 😃