Is it now time to consider getting out of this corrupt Scottish league

Bauldrick

The English won't vote us into " their"  setup as it would dilute the big money, and they can't have that!   Also they don't think " Britain"  they think " England".  And  "England"  is a magnet for English support.  We are simply the Jocks.  We are all the same, Jocks.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cruyff

• Jambo-Fox

• Unknown user

• A_A wehatethehibs

4 hours ago, Baxfee said:

The east of Scotland league? 

I like it.

An open league that many could win. Could even have a play off against the West of Scotland League to decide the overall champions (I could live without that, though). 

We live in radical, strange times (openly rigged voting at the current League, Covid 19, Boris as PM, Trump as President ...) anything can happen. Time to be radical, even a bit strange, about the future of Scottish football. 

50 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

How many Top leagues are there in Europe with only 12 teams in it?

Just the Mickey Mouse ones, bud. 

A_A wehatethehibs
11 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Apply to play where? I'd rather play in the Martian 5th Division than in England tbh. 

Why’s that? 

Sneckiejambo

All this is about Celtic 9 in a row, Rangers won't catch us, relegate Hearts, Patrick ( played a game less and a point behind ) Stranraer.

Brechin bottom of the lowest league escape playing Brora or Kelty in play off.

How do other teams miss out on play offs for promotion or relegation.

If season is over the Scottish cup is then null and void, O wait let's see if we can find a way so Celtic win it again.

The whole thing stinks of 💩

Thankfully Inverness Caley Jags have sporting integrity and won't be blackmailed 👏👏👏👏

13 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

Surely you of all people would have a plan.......

A very under-rated reply :clap::clap::clap:

The Scottish cringe is very alive on this thread.  Best thing that could happen to the Scottish league is if the bigot brothers GTF but rather than South of the border I'd prefer one to go to Belfast and one to Dublin (in no particular order).

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Homme said:

This thread should have been scrapped after the first reply. 

The thought of playing in England sounds atrocious to me. 

Why?

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Alva-Jambo said:

The English won't vote us into " their"  setup as it would dilute the big money, and they can't have that!   Also they don't think " Britain"  they think " England".  And  "England"  is a magnet for English support.  We are simply the Jocks.  We are all the same, Jocks.

That depends if this lockdown lasts and how many teams from the championship down go tits up?  They might see HMFC as a pretty good addition. I doubt it will happen but things will be different on the other side of this pandemic. 

6 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

What’s wrong with England? 

Firstly, footballing wise Scotland and England are separate entities and the founders of the game and the lines should never be blurred. 

Secondly, why would anyone want to go to watch Hearts v Bognor Regis in the 10th Division of the National Leagues at some council run public park covered in dugshit, some shithole 500miles away down south. 

Thirdly, we are a Scottish team and should remain as such. Any Club wishing to participate in a foreign league should have to relocate to that nation. 

11 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Firstly, footballing wise Scotland and England are separate entities and the founders of the game and the lines should never be blurred. 

Secondly, why would anyone want to go to watch Hearts v Bognor Regis in the 10th Division of the National Leagues at some council run public park covered in dugshit, some shithole 500miles away down south. 

Thirdly, we are a Scottish team and should remain as such. Any Club wishing to participate in a foreign league should have to relocate to that nation. 

We’d always be a Scottish team, just playing in a different league free from corruption. Not all games would be in Bognor Regis on dugshit covered parks. 

Just now, stevie1874 said:

We’d always be a Scottish team, just playing in a different league free from corruption. Not all games would be in Bognor Regis on dugshit covered parks. 

Any Hearts fan who truly believes the English league is a viable alternative is either a complete moron or a total ****. 👍 

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Any Hearts fan who truly believes the English league is a viable alternative is either a complete moron or a total ****. 👍 

Why because it maybe differs from your opinion. I think it shows people are fed up with what goes on in this league and shows no signs of ever changing, from west coast refs, control of the media, rules for Celtic & Rangers and different for the rest and now something stinks in a vote that has a massive bearing on our club. I could go on forever but  you call these people morons? Grow up

John mcCartney
27 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

as in Cardiff,Swansea,Wrexham etc ?

Your a disparaging racist whos got himself/herself carried away with events really
or maybe just a total gobshite just spouting off .

1 minute ago, stevie1874 said:

Why because it maybe differs from your opinion. I think it shows people are fed up with what goes on in this league and shows no signs of ever changing, from west coast refs, control of the media, rules for Celtic & Rangers and different for the rest and now something stinks in a vote that has a massive bearing on our club. I could go on forever but  you call these people morons? Grow up

Join the 10th tier of English Football to play pub teams on public parks.

Become an English Club.

Become a poorer Club.

Disgard all history and Rivalries. 

Never Win a real domestic trophy again. 

Never play in Europe again. 

Nope, doesn't sound off the scale moronic at all. 

Just now, John mcCartney said:

as in Cardiff,Swansea,Wrexham etc ?

Your a disparaging racist whos got himself/herself carried away with events really
or maybe just a total gobshite just spouting off .

You're a moron John. 

4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Join the 10th tier of English Football to play pub teams on public parks.

Become an English Club.

Become a poorer Club.

Disgard all history and Rivalries. 

Never Win a real domestic trophy again. 

Never play in Europe again. 

Nope, doesn't sound off the scale moronic at all. 

Your first four points are laughable and a decent European run is never going to happen. People are just looking at alternatives to existing in a corrupt Scottish league. All you seem to be able to handout is Insults. 

17 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Your first four points are laughable and a decent European run is never going to happen. People are just looking at alternatives to existing in a corrupt Scottish league. All you seem to be able to handout is Insults. 

First 4 points are entirely true. 

You apply to play in the 10th level of English Football. The clubs at level 10 level are Sunday league clubs. That is a fact. Unless you can tell me otherwise? 

You become an English club because, you play in England. 

Swansea, Cardiff etc.. Play in the English League because they joined the English League before there was a Welsh League but they are English Clubs. Just like Berwick Rangers are a Scottish Club. 

You do disgard History and Rivalries of being a proud Scottish Club. How could you not? Unless Hibs, Rangers, Celtic etc.. Are joining us in this pipe dream? 

You most certainly become poorer. That isn't even up for debate. Is there a £25million pound TV deal in the English 10th level? 

And please tell me how we would win another domestic trophy again? Are you counting on us winning the Johnstone Paint Trophy 10-15 years after we join the English League system? 

Aye, great alternative, you've clearly not thought this one through.

😬

Edited by Cruyff

A_A wehatethehibs
48 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

First - The Scottish/ Glasgow Football Association “founder of football” entity was once relevant back in 1873, but now has declined to corrupt organised crime gambling addiction backwater status. I have absolutely ZERO cares for the SFA and SPFL ceased to exist tomorrow. The FA, Premier League and Football League on the other hand is the biggest money/ best club football in the world. 

Second - Bognor Regis is an equivalent sized football club to Hamilton, Kilmarnock, St Johnstone, Ross County etc. The same handful of clubs we have to play every week for the next 1000 years in front of empty stadiums with zero chance of any club except Celtic or Rangers ever winning the league or most honours due to the colossal budgetary gulf, corruption, biased referees and impossibility of Hearts or any other team to keep a team together (as players main desire is either to leave to join the old firm or leave Scottish football for small clubs in England who have more money than us.) Plus Bognor are in national league south anyway, we’d be in north till we worked our way up.

Third - we would remain Scottish as Cardiff and Swansea remain Welsh but play in the English league, because as with Wales, Scotland is inside the U.K. so there’s no border at all, it’s one country and therefore no requirement to relocate. We’d just be joining another U.K. institution and there is no border to cross other than the old one which used to exist back in the Middle Ages / Roman times. The national team (whose best players all play in England) will remain as is, good luck to them and good bye, to that Glasgow Association and their shite bag referees. 

But despite all the above, I do accept that it will never happen with an existing club, there’s too much baggage and resistance to change. You’d need to actually create a club with playing in England as it’s foundation stone for it to ever have any possibility, that’s the only way to have a whole fan base on board and you’re looking at a timescale of decades and a shitload of money. But AFC Wimbledon worked their way up pretty quickly. If a “Bring English league football to Scotland” club ever exists I will buy a season ticket for its first season and look forward to the trip to Bognor. 

John mcCartney
29 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

You're a moron John. 

haha,no bov chief

I personally would love to see Hmfc get the f out of the corrupt shit hole that is Scots football.

5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

First 4 points are entirely true. 

You apply to play the 10th Division of English Football. The clubs at level 10 level are Sunday league clubs. That is a fact. Unless you can tell me otherwise? 

You become an English club because, you play in England. 

Swansea, Cardiff etc.. Play in the English League because they joined the English League before there was a Welsh League but they are English Clubs. Just like Berwick Rangers are a Scottish Club. 

You do disgard History and Rivalries of being a proud Scottish Club. How could you not? Unless Hibs, Rangers, Celtic etc.. Are joining us in this pipe dream? 

And please tell me how we would win another domestic trophy again? Are you counting on us winning the Johnstone Paint Trophy 10-15 years after we join the English League system? 

Aye, great alternative, you've clearly not thought this one through.

😬

I don’t know what level you would be able to enter the league, clearly you think your an expert 🤔

You become another English team because you play in England and quote Swansea & Cardiff 🤔

Our History will always be Aligned to Heart of Midlothian and new rivalries will be made wherever we play. 
And winning another domestic trophy was point 5 and I said your 4 points were laughable.

Anyway I’m not advocating that Hearts do this but can see why people Would want Hearts to explore this option as an alternative to what we are playing in at the moment. 
Your response as I said is to hand out insults to people with an alternative view from yours. Seems a bit childish to me. 

1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

First - The FA, Premier League and Football League on the other hand is the biggest money/ best club football in the world. 

Second - Bognor Regis is an equivalent sized football club to Hamilton, Kilmarnock, St Johnstone, Ross County etc. 

Third - we would remain Scottish as Cardiff and Swansea remain Welsh but play in the English league

One - You accept the fact we would join the 10th tier of the English league system? 

The EPL is the richest League in the World. English Leagues 1 & 2 are no better of than the SPFL. But we'd be in the 10th tier, where there is no money. 

Two - Don't talk nonsense. :rofl:

Three - untrue as explained to another poster. In football terms, Cardiff and Swansea are English Clubs. 

2 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

I don’t know what level you would be able to enter the league, clearly you think your an expert 🤔

You become another English team because you play in England and quote Swansea & Cardiff 🤔

Our History will always be Aligned to Heart of Midlothian and new rivalries will be made wherever we play. 
And winning another domestic trophy was point 5 and I said your 4 points were laughable.

Anyway I’m not advocating that Hearts do this but can see why people Would want Hearts to explore this option as an alternative to what we are playing in at the moment. 
Your response as I said is to hand out insults to people with an alternative view from yours. Seems a bit childish to me. 

You have to apply to join the 10th Tier. Unless you buy out another clubs share in a league above. 

Yes, you become an English Team in footballing terms because you play in the English League. That is entirely true. You are an English Football Association member just like Berwick Rangers are a Scottish Football Association member, therefore a Scottish team.

We will have rejected our proud history in Scotland and as founders of the Scottish League. Our forefathers would be spinning in their graves. 

My response is entirely appropriate for the level of stupidity and thoughtlessness that some people are seeing as an alternative. It's a bat shit crazy pipe dream that will and should never happen.

Some people on here think thay relegation to the Championship isn't a bad thing. Those people are clearly morons. Wouldn't you agree? 

Yet people that believe in joining a foreign league and playing non-league football against amateurs with no money is some kind of brilliant solution. That isn't moronic in comparison then? 

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Cruyff said:

One - You accept the fact we would join the 10th tier of the English league system? 

The EPL is the richest League in the World. English Leagues 1 & 2 are no better of than the SPFL. But we'd be in the 10th tier, where there is no money. 

Two - Don't talk nonsense. :rofl:

Three - untrue as explained to another poster. In football terms, Cardiff and Swansea are English Clubs. 

Yes I’d happily join and go on the AFC Wimbledon style journey. You’re right there’s no money at that level meaning a club from a city of 500k population and 20k seat stadium would be a comparative giant until we got to around League 1-2 where the competition for players starts getting tight and there’s some reasonable size clubs with cash. 

You talk about TV money in Scotland 😂😂😂 Hearts get absolute buttons. That almost ALL goes to the old firm. 

As for point two - Hamilton literally have an average home gate in the hundreds. St Johnstone and Kilmarnock get about 2000 because dwellers of their towns are all Rangers / Celtic glory hunters which also harms Hearts and all clubs in Scotland.

In football terms Swansea and Cardiff are members of the Football Association and yes therefore they play in the English leagues, but in terms of the nationality / identity of the clubs... yeah they’re Welsh. 

4 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Yes I’d happily join and go on the AFC Wimbledon style journey. You’re right there’s no money at that level meaning a club from a city of 500k population and 20k seat stadium would be a comparative giant until we got to around League 1-2 where the competition for players starts getting tight and there’s some reasonable size clubs with cash. 

You talk about TV money in Scotland 😂😂😂 Hearts get absolute buttons. That almost ALL goes to the old firm. 

As for point two - Hamilton literally have an average home gate in the hundreds. St Johnstone and Kilmarnock get about 2000 because dwellers of their towns are all Rangers / Celtic glory hunters which also harms Hearts and all clubs in Scotland.

In football terms Swansea and Cardiff are members of the Football Association and yes therefore they play in the English leagues, but in terms of the nationality / identity of the clubs... yeah they’re Welsh. 

10 years to join the Actual League System (minimum) with actual buttons in monetary terms, but this wouldn't hamper our financial position as a club whatsoever? :😂 

We get £1. 2million for getting relegated and have a revenue of around 12million. Hardly buttons. We wouldn't make that money in 10 years if we joined at the 10th level of English Football. 

You are actually arguing to make Hearts extremely poorer. A very weird position to take from a Hearts supporter. Insane actually. 

Two - Still more fans than the clubs in the Non-League system with actual History. 

Three - Nationality is irrelevant when it comes to memberships and UEFA etc.. If you play in the English Leagues, you are an English Club. Just like Berwick Rangers are a Scottish Club when Berwick is actually part of England.

If Swansea won a European Trophy, it would go down as an English Club that won a European Trophy. 

However, TNS who beat Killie in Europe at the start of the season, are an actual real Welsh Club.

When it comes to football, that is the difference. Clubs are not nations, they are members. 

This is the kinda mad shit people on crack believe is possible. 

16 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

You have to apply to join the 10th Tier. Unless you buy out another clubs share in a league above. 

Yes, you become an English Team in footballing terms because you play in the English League. That is entirely true. You are an English Football Association member just like Berwick Rangers are a Scottish Football Association member, therefore a Scottish team.

We will have rejected our proud history in Scotland and as founders of the Scottish League. Our forefathers would be spinning in their graves. 

My response is entirely appropriate for the level of stupidity and thoughtlessness that some people are seeing as an alternative. It's a bat shit crazy pipe dream that will and should never happen.

Some people on here think thay relegation to the Championship isn't a bad thing. Those people are clearly morons. Wouldn't you agree? 

Yet people that believe in joining a foreign league and playing non-league football against amateurs with no money is some kind of brilliant solution. That isn't moronic in comparison then? 

We’ll just agree to disagree.  If you read what I said I wasn’t advocating moving to an English league but things change and the one that could change  after this pandemic is football or sport in general.

people who are fed up with the status quo would think this could be an option available to our club and are discussing it on here
You seem to have a very high opinion of your own intelligence as your constant moron comments to people who don’t agree with you show. 

Just now, stevie1874 said:

We’ll just agree to disagree.  If you read what I said I wasn’t advocating moving to an English league but things change and the one that could change  after this pandemic is football or sport in general.

people who are fed up with the status quo would think this could be an option available to our club and are discussing it on here
You seem to have a very high opinion of your own intelligence as your constant moron comments to people who don’t agree with you show. 

Nah, there's plenty stuff on here that I can respectfully agree or disagree on. In fact, usually if I disagree with someone I'm happy to give them the final say on the matter and usually will. 

Then there are things that shouldn't be given any form of respect and dismissed in the harshest possible terms. The idea of Hearts joining the English league falls into that category because it is advocating to make us worse off in every possible sense and it is the same batshit crazy stuff that Rangers and Celtic fans believe. 

A_A wehatethehibs
7 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

10 years to join the Actual League System (minimum) with actual buttons in monetary terms, but this wouldn't hamper our financial position as a club whatsoever? :😂 

We get £1. 2million for getting relegated and have a revenue of around 12million. Hardly buttons. We wouldn't make that money in 10 years if we joined at the 10th level of English Football. 

You are actually arguing to make Hearts extremely poorer. A very weird position to take from a Hearts supporter. Insane actually. 

Two - Still more fans than the clubs in the Non-League system with actual History. 

Three - Nationality is irrelevant when it comes to memberships and UEFA etc.. If you play in the English Leagues, you are an English Club. Just like Berwick Rangers are a Scottish Club when Berwick is actually part of England.

If Swansea won a European Trophy, it would go down as an English Club that won a European Trophy. 

However, TNS who beat Killie in Europe at the start of the season, are an actual real Welsh Club.

When it comes to football, that is the difference. Clubs are not nations, they are members. 

This is the kinda mad shit people on crack believe is possible. 

Temporarily poorer but long term, huge growth potential and the clear logical move. Just look at the flow of players, almost all leave Scotland for England. So why don’t the clubs just do that? In Scotland, the growth potential is Zero, the money is shit, the league is corrupt, the culture is backwards and the competition is dead. 

And the national team does not get the benefit which the Welsh National team (euro semi finalists) get through having top level clubs. Bet those Cardiff and Swansea English fans didn’t enjoy being knocked out by Iceland - oh wait, they’re Welsh! “ughhhh well technically ur English guys not a REAl Welsh club 🤓” They are Welsh + British identity wise, and that’s what matters. 

But yes per other posts I have already accepted that there’s no way it’d be possible with an existing club due to the baggage, unless the SFA and SPFL literally go bust and cease to exist or Celtic and Rangers leave first. Let’s hope that happens 

Unknown user
25 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Nah, there's plenty stuff on here that I can respectfully agree or disagree on. In fact, usually if I disagree with someone I'm happy to give them the final say on the matter and usually will. 

Then there are things that shouldn't be given any form of respect and dismissed in the harshest possible terms. The idea of Hearts joining the English league falls into that category because it is advocating to make us worse off in every possible sense and it is the same batshit crazy stuff that Rangers and Celtic fans believe. 

You're being grumpier than usual about it (understandable, we're all entitled to moments just now I think) but you're basically right, it's a pipe dream, it doesn't stand up to scrutiny and it wouldn't work.

England don't want or need us, they have the biggest game in town, why would they bother risking the wrath of uefa for us? If they're not into the 2 largest clubs in our country joining why would they want us?

Anyway, why would the individual clubs vote to make their path to EPL riches more crowded?

It's a pipe dream, understandable but completely unrealistic. 

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Temporarily poorer but long term, huge growth potential and the clear logical move. Just look at the flow of players, almost all leave Scotland for England. So why don’t the clubs just do that? In Scotland, the growth potential is Zero, the money is shit, the league is corrupt, the culture is backwards and the competition is dead. 

And the national team does not get the benefit which the Welsh National team (euro semi finalists) get through having top level clubs. Bet those Cardiff and Swansea English fans didn’t enjoy being knocked out by Iceland - oh wait, they’re Welsh! “ughhhh well technically ur English guys not a REAl Welsh club 🤓” They are Welsh + British identity wise, and that’s what matters. 

But yes per other posts I have already accepted that there’s no way it’d be possible with an existing club due to the baggage, unless the SFA and SPFL literally go bust and cease to exist or Celtic and Rangers leave first. Let’s hope that happens 

Mate, we struggle to even compete with Hamilton and Killie in our own league these days nevermind fantasizing about playing in the EPL.

We're not even a Coventry or Bradford City in English terms. I don't fancy being a Vanarama/League 2 English Club with nothing to play for. Our chances of Winning something in this Corrupt League are infinitely better. 

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

You're being grumpier than usual about it (understandable, we're all entitled to moments just now I think) but you're basically right, it's a pipe dream, it doesn't stand up to scrutiny and it wouldn't work.

England don't want or need us, they have the biggest game in town, why would they bother risking the wrath of uefa for us? If they're not into the 2 largest clubs in our country joining why would they want us?

Anyway, why would the individual clubs vote to make their path to EPL riches more crowded?

It's a pipe dream, understandable but completely unrealistic. 

You're right Smithee, for whatever reason my bullshit filters broken and I've been overly cantankerous about everything. 👍 

2 hours ago, Masonic said:

GB league with away travel covered for season ticket holders would b barry

I've never actually thought of GB leagues.  Won't waste much time as it won't happen.  There could be 2×20 team leagues plus several regional leagues with some process for promotion/relegation.

Would be superb imo.  Very real sanctions involving points deductions and relegation for anti social behaviour.  That would keep our great western friends in check.

Unknown user
17 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Mate, we struggle to even compete with Hamilton and Killie in our own league these days nevermind fantasizing about playing in the EPL.

We're not even a Coventry or Bradford City in English terms. I don't fancy being a Vanarama/League 2 English Club with nothing to play for. Our chances of Winning something in this Corrupt League are infinitely better. 

You're right Smithee, for whatever reason my bullshit filters broken and I've been overly cantankerous about everything. 👍 

Tough times mate, I had a smashing night last night, still woke up seething at the spfl and wanting blood :laugh2:

Most of us have no way to get rid of frustrations just now, seems reasonable that we'd all have flare ups from time to time.

4 hours ago, Cruyff said:

The Isthmian League is for clubs in the South East, East and London areas ..... can’t see Hearts being a good geographical fit!

Bognor Stadium is not too bad in fairness to them!

Just a thought!

Basically the Champions Lesgue is a European Super League. Why not B and C etc leagues?

Hectormasson
5 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Wrong !    It's an option , chances are it wouldn't happen"     but at least it would be refreshing compared to the cesspit we are currently in !       OR WONT BE IN ,???

I’d rather we played in a competitive league. We don’t just now. We play in a cesspit of abject corruption.  The  revaluations of the past few days show just how shitty things have become. 

Hectormasson
4 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Love hearts to move out ,,, but it wont happen ,,, hate this f....k up of a set up !!! Suits only the few ,   and f....k the rest !

shaun.lawson

Hearts are a Scottish club. UEFA would not allow a Scottish club to join the English set-up. And even if they somehow did, this is what Hearts' journey back to respectability would look like:

Northern Football Alliance Division Two ---> Division One ---> Premier Division ---> Northern League Division Two ---> Division One ---> Northern Premier League Division One North West ---> Premier League ---> National League North ---> National League

On that protracted journey, Hearts would lose fans along the way as they got fed up with how long it was taking - and as Hibs were laughing at us from the SPFL. Moreover, winning the Northern Premier League wouldn't necessarily happen in the first year; the National League North is hard and full of famous old names; and getting out of the National League would probably take time.

After a realistic minimum of 12 years, we'd be in League Two, which we'd whizz through because it promotes 4 clubs. We'd then find League One hard (in a bad year, we could go back down), eventually get into the Championship, and attract investment... but probably not enough to be anything more than a lower mid-table Championship club. We'd need gates of 25,000 plus (without leaving Tynecastle, how would we do that?) for that not to be the case. 

And all that would only happen after 20 years or so... by when, there'll surely be a European Super League in any case.  

English Championship clubs are, relatively speaking, rich because of a quirk of geography. Nothing else. If Edinburgh happened to be in England, Hearts would already, much of the time, be a decent Championship club. But it isn't, and Hearts' identity is Scottish. More so, in my view, than any other Scottish club.

Edited by shaun.lawson

Stay and fight our corner here. 

You can't just run away from the bad things in life. 

We are a proud SCOTTISH club we should not allow a club who are more aligned to another nation chase us out. 

Having read all the comments on this thread that I kicked off I have in the cold, 'SOBER' ahem! light of day have come to the conclusion that it would be an unwise thing to do by leaving the Scottish set-up bad as it is, hopefully our club will fight against the forces of evil that infest our Scottish game and I wish chairmen from other clubs would 'grow a pair' and vote against proposals and situations that are in the vested interests of the few or should I say two. I would also love to see a fairer system of referees being appointed, not just those from Glasgow or within a stone's throw from Glasgow, I'm sure that there would be perfectly adequate candidates from the likes of Forfar, John o' Groats, Dumfries or Galashiels who hopefully do not give a toss about Rangers or Celtic, perhaps then we might just have a level playing field for all, rant over!

The thing is, we can't go anywhere else because this is where we are.

The biggest problem Scottish football has is that the Old Firm distorts everything.

What could the fans of all other teams do to say to the authorities that we are fed up with being cannon fodder, because basically our purpose is to provide some opposition for the OF to defeat on their way to winning trophies and qualifying for Europe?

An American-style 'draft' seems unlikely.

As long as we happily go along week after week to watch our capital city's top team play in a competition we last won 60 years ago this month (where are the celebrations???), nothing much will change.

On 12/04/2020 at 09:15, Sarah O said:

Independent small nations. They must laugh at us.

Only at the people who don't think they are in any way British